PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the HOF, NBA version...

Collier11
2/14/2010, 11:49 PM
Anyone listed are borderline one way or another at this point in their career and they are over 30

Paul Pierce- 22.9ppg, 6.3rpg
1 Nba title
1 Finals MVP
8x All star
4 time All nba

I say Yes

Ray Allen- 20.9ppg career, 4.4 rpg
1 Nba title
9x all star
2x all nba

A close yes

Penny Hardaway- 15.2 ppg, 4.5rpg, 5 apg
4x all star
5x all nba

Obviously injuries derailed his career but I say no

Grant Hill- 18.5 ppg, 6.6rpg, 4.7 apg
Co Rookie of Year
7x all star
5x all nba

His ankle injury really affected how good he was, I say a close no

Tracy McGrady- 22.1ppg, 6.1rpg, 4.7 apg
7x all star
7x all nba
2x scoring champion
1x most improved

Depends how his career ends IMO, if he comes back and is still pretty good and gets some playoff wins under his belt I would say yes, as of today, no

Ben Wallace- 6.2 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.1 blocks
1x nba champion
4x all star
4x defensive poy
10x all nba

This is tough with a player who is primarily a defensive guy but I say a close Yes

Vince Carter- 23.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.7 apg
8x all star
2x all nba
Nba Rookie of year

I say no

Chauncey Billups- 17.9 ppg, 6.4 apg
1x Nba Champ
1x Nba finals Mvp
5x Nba all star
3x all nba
2x all defensive team

One of the more clutch playoff performers, I say a close yes as of now

Chris Webber- 20.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.2 apg
5x nba all star
5x all nba
Rookie of year

I say a close yes, he was such a versatile and talented big man. Wouldve likely had a nba title had it not been for Robert Horry and the nba officials

Curly Bill
2/15/2010, 12:14 AM
Chris Webber I'd probably vote for.

Chauncey if he can get one more ring, or have 2 or 3 more quality seasons and Denver competes well in the playoffs.

I think Pierce will probably make it, but I wouldn't vote for him.

Eielson
2/15/2010, 12:22 AM
Webber definitely. Billups most likely. Pierce pretty likely. Allen, because he's one of the all-time great 3 point shooters.

ouleaf
2/16/2010, 05:40 PM
Definite HOF guys on that list for me would be Billups, Allen, and Pierce

I think Wallace, Webber, and Carter will eventually get in, but it may take them longer

I don't think Hardaway or Hill will make it unfortunately. Both of their careers were destroyed by injuries.

McGrady is an intriguing case. He is kind of in the same boat as Iverson, who will get in.

In terms of the 2010 class, it's definitely going to be a strong one. Malone and Pippen are locks for sure. Also up for nomination are Mark Jackson, Dennis Rodman, Don Nelson, Chris Mullin, Bernard King among others. Should be interesting to say the least.

JLEW1818
2/16/2010, 06:56 PM
Ray

nobody else.

Collier11
2/16/2010, 11:23 PM
BS

Collier11
2/16/2010, 11:24 PM
BS

the_ouskull
2/17/2010, 11:59 AM
I don't agree with jlew in that I think "Ray [and] nobody else" from your list will/should make it. But, I do agree with his spirit regarding the sanctity of the HoF.

- Pierce. To me, this one's close, but I think that winning the ring with his original team may do it. I'm not sure I'd vote for him, though, man.

- Chauncey. I think he's done enough now, but he's not one of the greatest ever. He's one of the greatest recently. Is it enough? I would vote for him, but I'm biased towards heady point guards with better shooting percentages in the 4th than the 1st quarter. I don't think he gets in either.

Basically, I'm saying that, I could see two (or three) of your guys get in, but I'm not saying that they will, or should. Either way, you have much research to do, sir. Get on it:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/hof_prob.html

According to BBR, McGrady tops your list with a .976, with Pierce close behind at .958. Allen .895, Carter .874, Grant Hill .742, and Chauncey at .372. If you move the decimal, you have BBR's percentage chance that said player (as of today) makes the HoF. Historically, they've gotten a 96.7% success rate with their predictions based on their statistical model for computing HoF "success."

the_ouskull

Collier11
2/18/2010, 12:43 AM
I think Pierce is a lock now, even moreso than Allen