PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help please

SoonerDomiNation
2/14/2010, 10:05 PM
Im trying to figure out what the name of the pass is that allows you to park at reserved lots at football games. I think its an mp12 pass. Where do you get one and whats the cost of it? Thanks guys!!!!!!!

yermom
2/15/2010, 12:46 AM
i'm pretty sure it's a Sooner Club thing and you need to be in a certain donor level

SoonerDomiNation
2/15/2010, 03:40 PM
Ok thanks.

badger
2/15/2010, 03:45 PM
Domi -

If you arrive early enough on gamedays you can get to student housing lots before the attendants and park for free. Back when I lived there the attendants didn't show up till 9-10 (unless it was an 11 a.m. game of course) and since most students leave on weekends there's ample parking available.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/15/2010, 03:58 PM
Domi -

If you arrive early enough on gamedays you can get to student housing lots before the attendants and park for free. Back when I lived there the attendants didn't show up till 9-10 (unless it was an 11 a.m. game of course) and since most students leave on weekends there's ample parking available.

Reason #29 I hated living at OU.

SoonerDomiNation
2/15/2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks badger. We tailgate on the corner of jenkins and lindsey just would be nice to park there to.

yermom
2/15/2010, 04:41 PM
i believe those lots there just South of Lindsey are actually just OU staff and first come first served. i think some people park there the night before

badger
2/15/2010, 04:59 PM
i believe those lots there just South of Lindsey are actually just OU staff and first come first served. i think some people park there the night before

Also, that's where the media parks on gamedays. The press box is pretty full from endzone to endzone, so it is possible that it is all or mostly media in that lot... maybe you can get a dealio with a local magazine or paper or radio station to blog about your tailgating so you can park there?

yukonsooner
2/15/2010, 08:35 PM
If you happen to be handicapped you can get on a waiting list for those lots, like the Field House or Asp Avenue. A friend parks in the Asp Avenue Garage and pays about $150 for the season.

SoonerDomiNation
2/16/2010, 09:36 PM
I called the athletic department and they said you have to be a member of the sooner club. She said there is different levels of donations but to get an mp12 pass you have to give $3000 dollars and thats just to be considered for one. She also said that even though you pay the $3000 your not gauranteed to get one. I think ill just take badgers advice and get there early.LOL. Thanks for all the help guys.

olevetonahill
2/16/2010, 10:10 PM
Contact C&CDean
Ya can park at the SF TG cheaper, Plus its close and ya get to eat an drink.

olevetonahill
2/16/2010, 10:25 PM
In 08 it was 105 bucks fer a seasons worth of parking . Not sure if its gone up But if so notg that much

Heres the link to the Thread Phil started and a way to contact Dean.

http://www.soonerfans.com/tailgate/2008tailgate.html

Hope to see ya at a TG:cool:

SoonerDomiNation
2/16/2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks vet.

olevetonahill
2/16/2010, 10:47 PM
Yer welcome . Cant believe NO one mentioned it yet.

boomermagic
2/19/2010, 03:01 PM
Domi -

I'm not an ample.. Only ample's can park where those signs are right ?:D

goingoneight
2/19/2010, 06:19 PM
God... I remember leaving at halftime of the OU/Chatanooga game in 2008... don't listen to your girlfriends when they "just wanna leave," folks. Even if the score is 52-0. :D