PDA

View Full Version : "Leave the gun, take the canoli..."

Okla-homey
2/14/2010, 05:29 PM
May be one of the greatest movie lines of all time.

The Godfather is on AMC now.

That is all.

SunnySooner
2/14/2010, 05:36 PM
Somehow, I stumbled into an English Comp. class at OU that was based on film instead of books. I wrote a contrast/compare paper on The Godfather and Scarface. Fabulous. I got an A :D . I loved that class, we did "The Searchers", "Double Indemnity", and a bunch of other old movies I would never have seen otherwise. I wonder if they still offer that. It was all the writing, none of the painful reading, brilliant.

lexsooner
2/15/2010, 05:46 PM
Great line. I don't remember it being in Puzo's novel, though. If you haven't read the book you need to do so. Like most books, it has way more characters and in-depth studies of them than the movie. The novel is really kind of disturbing in many ways. For example, the movie mogul Jack Woltz has a thing for pre-teen girls and when Tom Hagan arrived to see Woltz, an aspiring pre-teen actress was there with her stage mother. Later, Hagan sees this same girl all traumatized after she had been ravished and deflowered by Woltz, but presumably getting her break in the business. The guy probably deserved to have more than the head of his prize horse cut off.