PDA

View Full Version : Willie Warren has mono, out indefinitely

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2010, 10:03 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3439515

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma guard Willie Warren is out indefinitely after being diagnosed with mononucleosis.
Warren, the Sooners' leading scorer with a 16.2-point average, did not travel with the team for Saturday's 97-76 loss at Oklahoma State.

Coach Jeff Capel says he doesn't know how long Warren will be out because "it varies for each guy." The viral illness can linger for weeks and even months in some individuals.
Warren received votes for The Associated Press' preseason All-America team and had been considered a potential NBA draft prospect last year before returning for his sophomore season at Oklahoma.

badger
2/14/2010, 10:39 AM
Anyone else ever have mono? It absolutely zaps ALL of your energy, it makes you feel weak and it throws off any sleep, workout, etc. routines you might have pre-established.

If he truly has mono, he probably is done for the year. This is not something you can just come back from if you tough it out.

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 12:48 PM
Hurts the secs life too.

Eielson
2/14/2010, 03:59 PM
Crap, this means he'll be back next year, doesn't it? This is the TMG show, so he better move over.

OUmillenium
2/15/2010, 03:03 AM
I caught mono halfway through my senior year of HS, ruined my season, almost killed me. I was on IV/liquid diet for a week in hospital and went from 175 to 145 lbs. Came back to score 0 points in the Chickasha All-Star game...ugh.

Ruf/Nek7
2/15/2010, 04:41 PM
Crap, this means he'll be back next year, doesn't it? This is the TMG show, so he better move over.

I feel the same way! I'm ready for willie to move on. I believe warren is just coasting his way to the NBA and hell its working for him. He will not be a lottery pick and frankly I wouldn't want to be...move back into the draft and go to a team that wins! We are better off without him

badger
2/15/2010, 04:52 PM
OK, so there's a report that he's returning this week?!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100215_92_0_Willie600806)

In the words of 04, "Tell me why I'm wrong." Mono is only fun when you're catching it (unless you catch it in a pathetic way that doesn't involve kissing). After that it's ALLLLLLLLL downhill, from the moment you realize you're sick for some reason (and parents who think you're faking it to get out of school, of course), to the moments when you cannot swallow anything without being in pain (to the point that you might as well not eat or drink anything, even if you're hungry and thirsty all of the time). When you're finally sleeping 20 hours a day and on proper medication, it still takes a long time to sleep less of the day and stay awake longer.

How in the hell does Willie recover this fast from mono?

Eielson
2/15/2010, 04:58 PM
It's a conspiracy!

badger
2/15/2010, 05:06 PM
It's a conspiracy!

I don't think it's a conspiracy (yes, I note the sarcasm), but I definitely don't think it's a good idea.

WW might have promised family and friends that he would only stay one more year in college before cashing in on the NBA, or perhaps the labor dispute which might result in a lockout has Willie and other NBA-bound-eventually college stars worried that their payday will not come with the payday they expected.

Willie, please. You might be a dysfunctional Sooner at times on the court, but you are still a Sooner. Please do not do anything (like return from mono before you should) that will threaten your health.