PDA

View Full Version : Center/Power Forward

pappy
2/13/2010, 04:27 PM
Are we going after any C's or PF's in the 2010 class? I saw on soonerscoop.com that a 5-star pf from oregon has us in his final 5. (terrence Jones) but do we have a realistic shot at him? and if not are we going after anyone else?

pappy
2/13/2010, 04:29 PM
Ok I see we have a 7'1" center from idaho who just recently visited too.

Eielson
2/13/2010, 07:29 PM
I don't know, but if we don't get one, and Gallon gets into major trouble, we're screwed for next year as well. Wright is graduating, and so is Crocker. Ray Willis at the 4?

ndpruitt03
2/13/2010, 07:39 PM
I think there's a chance Willis either transfers or is kicked off. Gallon may go to Europe and play ball. I'm not sure he'll be around. I think we have 4 or 5 guys that can really be a key next year we need to recruit the about 3 post players plus the 3 and the 2 we got and hope they can be decent impact players. I think next years team will be younger so it'll be a tough year also. But we need to start developing a roster not just get guys that are there.

pappy
2/13/2010, 07:56 PM
yeah the 7'1" center is a juco guy and it looks like we are his only div 1 offer. We should be recruiting 4's and 5's hard right now.

jdsooner
2/13/2010, 10:28 PM
So much for the great recruiting class of 2009. I will be surprised if we win another game this year.

yankee
2/13/2010, 11:15 PM
Ok I see we have a 7'1" center from idaho who just recently visited too.

i was listening to the local sports radio here in Norman the other day, and they were talking about this guy. Name's Aziz N'Diaye...apparently he's visited Norman more than once and was in town for the Texas game. They interviewed him and they recounted it saying that he considers himself a guy who's going to get rebounds and swat ****. So your basic garbage man, kind of like what Wright does right now. Hopefully Cam Clark will bring some offense (and athleticism) to the post position...lord knows we need it. oh and i think we're really going to miss crocker next year at the 3. his size and length really helps us out.

OUmillenium
2/15/2010, 03:08 AM
Cade Davis will play the 3 next year.
TMG at the 1.
A Willie Warren with his head on straight, something to prove, and healthy could be back to form at the 2.

Yes, we need 4s and 5s. Pledger and Fitz will prob return after some inhouse discipline. Dont want to see Gallons sorry fataz ever again. What an overrated joke.

Eielson
2/15/2010, 05:00 PM
Gallon looked pretty darn good at times.

OUSKINS
2/15/2010, 05:17 PM
i was listening to the local sports radio here in Norman the other day, and they were talking about this guy. Name's Aziz N'Diaye...apparently he's visited Norman more than once and was in town for the Texas game. They interviewed him and they recounted it saying that he considers himself a guy who's going to get rebounds and swat ****. So your basic garbage man, kind of like what Wright does right now. Hopefully Cam Clark will bring some offense (and athleticism) to the post position...lord knows we need it. oh and i think we're really going to miss crocker next year at the 3. his size and length really helps us out.

This answers my question about who the giant kid sitting by the Griffin's was at the Texas game. From my seat (and through binouculars) he looked HUGE to me, not just tall and lanky.

badger
2/16/2010, 12:04 PM
That Jones 5-star guy from granola country apparently is friends with Tiny. Whoops, looks like he's headed to UCLA now :(

OU_Sooners75
2/16/2010, 02:11 PM
Winston Shepard seems to like us.

Surely he would be a 4 in college....

TfgPE_zrohQ

Collier11
2/16/2010, 03:52 PM
Cam Clark is 6'7'' I think, he is already signed

NormanPride
2/16/2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but he's a tall 3. If you watch his game, he's like Kevin Durant more than he's like, say, Ace McGee.

Sooner04
2/16/2010, 04:28 PM
I think there's a chance Willis either transfers or is kicked off. Gallon may go to Europe and play ball. I'm not sure he'll be around.
Nick, do you have any info to back of that up or are you just guessing? That's not stuff that needs to be tossed around off the top of your head.

NormanPride
2/16/2010, 05:36 PM
It's Nick. Do you need to ask?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/17/2010, 09:27 AM
It's Nick. Do you need to ask?

Word.

yankee
2/17/2010, 03:52 PM
Winston Shepard seems to like us.

Surely he would be a 4 in college....

he's listed at 6'6 180...but since he's only a sophomore, he still could grow some more. but if he stays right around that height and weight, he's going to be a SG type of player.

ndpruitt03
2/17/2010, 04:21 PM
Nick, do you have any info to back of that up or are you just guessing? That's not stuff that needs to be tossed around off the top of your head.

Let's call em educated guesses. Let me just say he needs a massive attitude adjustment to ever be as close to as good as his talent level is. And I don't know if he or this coaching staff has the patience to do that at OU.

Sooner04
2/17/2010, 04:57 PM
Let's call em educated guesses. Let me just say he needs a massive attitude adjustment to ever be as close to as good as his talent level is. And I don't know if he or this coaching staff has the patience to do that at OU.
You can't just flippantly throw stuff like that out there, Nick. People who read these forums assume if you're talking about a situation you're at least somewhat informed on said situation.

See, two can play this game: It wouldn't surprise me if Landry Jones dropped out of school to go play football in the CFL.

pappy
2/17/2010, 07:03 PM
You can't just flippantly throw stuff like that out there, Nick. People who read these forums assume if you're talking about a situation you're at least somewhat informed on said situation.

See, two can play this game: It wouldn't surprise me if Landry Jones dropped out of school to go play football in the CFL.

Landry to the CFL was made official this afternoon according to yahoo sports. ;)

Eielson
2/17/2010, 07:17 PM

You can't know very much about a person's attitude without being involved with the team.

Collier11
2/17/2010, 08:28 PM
Wait, I thought half of the Sooner fans on this board swore that Tiny and Willie and TMG all had bad attitudes

yankee
2/17/2010, 08:57 PM
Wait, I thought half of the Sooner fans on this board swore that Tiny and Willie and TMG all had bad attitudes

TMG doesn't smile and laugh while on the court, therefore he's a very bad man and has a ****ty attitude. amidoingitrite?

OUmillenium
3/1/2010, 06:09 PM
Gallon looked pretty darn good at times.

Only on offense. His defense is a joke and his rebounding is subpar for a post. A lot of this comes from effort and positioning. Very little improvement in these areas over the season. He has produced at times on offense but his moves are very predictable.

starrca23
3/1/2010, 06:17 PM
Let me just say he needs a massive attitude adjustment to ever be as close to as good as his talent level is.

Really....

OUMonster
3/2/2010, 12:45 PM
Anyone have any inside info or thoughts on what Orlando Allen's future holds? My thoughts are if he's not getting playing time this year with our lack of inside presence he likely never will.

Jello Biafra
3/2/2010, 04:14 PM
Let's call em educated guesses.

there has NEVER been anything close to approaching educated with your posts, nick.

ndpruitt03
3/2/2010, 06:25 PM
Gallon is telling everyone he's leaving after this year. Don't know if that matters or not.

I'm more worried about guards next year if Warren leaves. We have basically 3 guards on the roster next year.