PDA

View Full Version : Willie out sick, Gallon suspended indefinetly.

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2010, 01:17 PM
http://newsok.com/ous-willie-warren-tiny-gallon-out-for-saturdays-bedlam-game-at-osu/article/3439509?custom_click=lead_story_title

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2010, 01:18 PM
STILLWATER — Oklahoma will take on Oklahoma State without its leading scorer, Willie Warren and its leading rebounder, Tiny Gallon.

OU's Tiny Gallon reacts during the NCAA college basketball game between University of Oklahoma and Texas Tech at Lloyd Noble Arena in Norman, Okla., Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2010. Photo by Bryan Terry

MULTIMEDIA
PHOTOview all photos

Warren missed Thursday’s practice with a virus and didn’t travel to Stillwater with the team.
Gallon is suspended indefinitely, team officials said.
Warren, a sophomore guard, is averaging 16.2 points and over four assists.
Gallon, a freshman forward, is averaging over 10 points and eight rebounds per game.
Warren was recovering from an ankle injury that caused him to miss two games, and hoped to be 100 percent for today’s game.
Gallon started 17 of 23 games for the Sooners, but recently fell out of the starting lineup in favor of senior Ryan Wright.
Today’s game is scheduled for 1 p.m.

yankee
2/13/2010, 01:23 PM
awesome. nothing like a thin team becoming that much thinner.
anyone know why gallon was suspended?

Collier11
2/13/2010, 01:34 PM
Maybe Capel is finally trimming the fat, making a point that has needed to be made for a while, who knows

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2010, 01:34 PM
Other board is saying he had contact with an agent before signing with OU and the compliance dept. is checking it out.

birddog
2/13/2010, 02:03 PM
Brilliant!!

Collier11
2/13/2010, 02:12 PM
atleast we wont have many wins to forfeit :eek:

JLEW1818
2/13/2010, 02:14 PM
ah sheet

mojorisen2014
2/13/2010, 02:17 PM
cant believe these guys

the_ouskull
2/13/2010, 02:18 PM
I gotta be honest. I'm not surprised.

This kid's been playing to try to get himself into the NBA all year long. Only recently has he started to seem like "team" matters. He needs to learn to be a good, smart, fundamental basketball player before he tries to take on grown men. Otherwise "Tiny" is going to look more like his real nickname - "Chunky," and he'll get killed at the next level.

I can't believe this season. It's like I woke up in a f*cking nightmare. And we're currently losing to OSU. If we lose to these no-talent *ssclowns...

the_ouskull

soonervegas
2/13/2010, 02:25 PM
our 7 deep may give 100% for the 2nd time this year......so that will be a positive.

Collier11
2/13/2010, 02:55 PM
Well, puke hit 9 first half threes and we are still in the game, I guess thats a decent sign

...sooner
2/13/2010, 02:58 PM
well isnt that fantastic. im sittin here at the game right now & im seriously like the only OU fan cheering.. haha

badger
2/13/2010, 03:01 PM
Starters out for big 'rival' game, OU no longer ranked after starting season high, postseason destination on the line, OSU finally thinks they can beat us because they're having a better season with better postgame prospects, OU wins anyway.

...hey, it happened in football :O

Bourbon St Sooner
2/13/2010, 03:20 PM
Gallon = huge disappointment so far. Hopefully Capel will learn a lesson from this as far as recruiting goes and look for better character guys.

What I don't get about Gallon is does he think playing half-*** most the time is appealing to NBA teams?

Eielson
2/13/2010, 03:30 PM
What I don't get is why we can't win on the road...or even on neutral sites. I understand that we are going to have some off games on the road, but we consistently lose to teams that are garbage.

JLEW1818
2/13/2010, 03:31 PM
what i don't get is how we were ranked top 15?? lol

nighttrain12
2/13/2010, 03:40 PM
This is all Sean Sutton's fault. He intentionally got himself arrested to fire up the Aggies today and unfortunately his evil plan worked.

Eielson
2/13/2010, 03:43 PM
No, OSU still sucks.

nighttrain12
2/13/2010, 03:58 PM
We let that midget Page score his NCAA career high today against us. How can he even see the basket over our guys!?!

the_ouskull
2/13/2010, 04:05 PM
Well, when he's a few feet away from our guys to start with, and our guys have their hands down, it's not that difficult. Hands down, shot up. I swear, nobody teaches these highly-recruited kids anything anymore. :D

the_ouskull

toast
2/13/2010, 04:52 PM
Well, when he's a few feet away from our guys to start with, and our guys have their hands down, it's not that difficult. Hands down, shot up. I swear, nobody teaches these highly-recruited kids anything anymore. :D

the_ouskull

defense? who cares about defense? it's about getting the espn highlight slam or long range bombs. wins and losses don't seem to matter either.

NCSooner18
2/13/2010, 06:44 PM
I'm tired of watching Gallons lazy butt anyway.

nighttrain12
2/13/2010, 09:36 PM
NIT here we come ... if we're lucky.

tulsaoilerfan
2/13/2010, 10:51 PM
We need more guys like Cade and less guys like Gallon; i myself hope he's gone for good

yankee
2/13/2010, 11:19 PM
We need more guys like Cade and less guys like Gallon; i myself hope he's gone for good

Cade Davis is what Oklahoma basketball should be about. grit, hustle, hard work, and determination.

princetonsooner
2/14/2010, 11:07 AM
At what point do you rid yourself of guys who bring nothing to the table such as Allen,Willis and Franklin. Two years in the program and little or no contribution to the team. In fact this team is full of dead weight. NAIA players playing playing D-1. When you look at this roster the future does not look all that good.

Eielson
2/14/2010, 11:35 AM
At what point do you rid yourself of guys who bring nothing to the table such as Allen,Willis and Franklin. Two years in the program and little or no contribution to the team. In fact this team is full of dead weight. NAIA players playing playing D-1. When you look at this roster the future does not look all that good.

Franklin is a walk-on. Allen is going to be gone after the season. Willis is far from dead weight.

Taxman71
2/14/2010, 11:54 AM
Two years isn't enough time to judge players. Stacy King's first two years were comical at times. His junior year he became a beast. Obviously, that is rare, but alot of players don't "get it" until their 3rd year.

PLaw
2/14/2010, 12:20 PM
Gallon = huge disappointment so far. Hopefully Capel will learn a lesson from this as far as recruiting goes and look for better character guys.

What I don't get about Gallon is does he think playing half-*** most the time is appealing to NBA teams?

Winnah!! people don't pay $MM's for egocentric, retards that don't bring the goods every day. But, then again, this is the NBA we're talking about. Is there anything about tiny's game that is NBA caliber?

BOOMER

PLaw
2/14/2010, 12:23 PM
Cade Davis is what Oklahoma basketball should be about. grit, hustle, hard work, and determination.

Love Cade, but Blake Griffin is what OU B-Ball should be about. Top level athlete that busts his butt to win and get the most out of his potential. Unfortunately, this kind of kid doesn't come along that often.

misplacedsooner
2/14/2010, 12:36 PM
agreed, give me guys that will work hard on their game everyday whether it be at practice or on their own time aside from having unreal natural talent blake didnt get so good just being part of the sooner team...he worked his a** off on his own and did the right things both on and off the court. look at taylor...he was a guy that we would bring in to mix it up and get a few boards, not near blakes talent level but his hard work got him a shot at the nba.
guys like willie and tiny really bug me, tons of talent but no work ethic and act as if things should be handed to them. we could be pretty good this year if they were team leaders and worked the way taylor and blake did.

yankee
2/14/2010, 02:46 PM
Love Cade, but Blake Griffin is what OU B-Ball should be about. Top level athlete that busts his butt to win and get the most out of his potential. Unfortunately, this kind of kid doesn't come along that often.

of course that's easy to say, but like you said how many times are we going to run across a blake griffin like talent? once every 10 years? 20? gimme a cade davis type player (or 2 or 3 or 4) consistently on a year to year basis any day...

the_ouskull
2/14/2010, 03:36 PM
Winnah!! people don't pay $MM's for egocentric, retards that don't bring the goods every day. But, then again, this is the NBA we're talking about. Is there anything about tiny's game that is NBA caliber?

Sure they do. They just don't do it coming out of college. Keith Gallon has been told his entire life that he's going to play in the NBA. Now that he's thiiiiis close to it, I think it's finally dawning on him that he's not even close to being ready to play against grown men; men who know how to, and ENJOY, work - hard. He has some basketball ability, yes. He does. But, a large part of his ability has always stemmed from his size advantage over his opponents. Now, as he's getting into major conference college basketball, his skill limitations are made even more glaring by the fact that he has no size advantage to exploit. He is an average to above-average player. He's good, offensively, when he's closer to the basket, although he fancies himself a shooter... but he's worse than really, really bad on defense - like to the point that a passer like Nash, or Bird made the players around them even better...? Gallon's defense makes the defense of those around him even worse.

But, he is "destined" for the league, as I'm sure he's been told, even multiple times this year. It's a shame. He'll be a first-round pick, he'll get a three-year deal, and we'll watch him get the crap kicked out of himself for three years, before he goes overseas, or to the D-league, or something... THAT is destiny...

I hope he changes his before it's too late.

the_ouskull

Eielson
2/14/2010, 03:51 PM
I don't really see Gallon as a first round pick. Not unless he improves a lot.

tulsaoilerfan
2/14/2010, 04:20 PM
At this point i can't see Gallon being drafted, period

tulsaoilerfan
2/14/2010, 04:21 PM
of course that's easy to say, but like you said how many times are we going to run across a blake griffin like talent? once every 10 years? 20? gimme a cade davis type player (or 2 or 3 or 4) consistently on a year to year basis any day...

Well judging by past Sooner basketball history about every 15-20 years; the only people that i have seen with that kind of talent were Alvan Adams, Wayman, and Blake

Collier11
2/14/2010, 04:23 PM
There are 5-10 of those talents every year give or take, between 300+ teams, some are obvious like Blake and some just blow up outta nowhere, regardless, they are hard to find

OU_Sooners75
2/14/2010, 04:33 PM
awesome. nothing like a thin team becoming that much thinner.
anyone know why gallon was suspended?

Something about an agent and while he was in High School.

princetonsooner
2/14/2010, 08:36 PM
Someone explain to me what Willis brings to the table other than a warm body. He can't take it to the rim, he can't defend and he can't rebound. Spot up shooter? Maybe.We need at least four or five players to compete next year and that's if Willie stays.

princetonsooner
2/14/2010, 08:37 PM
Someone explain to me what Willis brings to the table other than a warm body. He can't take it to the rim, he can't defend and he can't rebound. Spot up shooter? Maybe.We need at least four or five players to compete next year and that's if Willie stays.

OUmillenium
2/15/2010, 02:56 AM

Amen, goodbye and good riddance Gallon. What a waste of space.

OU_Sooners75
2/15/2010, 03:45 AM

I think we have gotten rid (or at least temporarily) of the cancer that has plagued our team....Keith "Tiny" Gallon!

Personally, I hope Gallon is gone for good. His effort was lacking 99% of the time. His talent was only good for high school, so it seems.

Anyway...that is just my 2 cents. May not be spot on but it is my opinion.

...sooner
2/15/2010, 09:36 AM

& players like hollis price! the 04 Final four team was a good team with a lot of heart & i loved that team!

Eielson
2/15/2010, 05:02 PM
Let's just fill our team with Blake Griffins, Wayman Tisdales, and Hollis Prices every year! These are such brilliant ideas!

Red Ada
2/16/2010, 07:03 PM
Coach Capel is a fine man, great X's and O's coach.
The problem is recruiting. He has not been able to get
enough talent to win in the upper half of the Big12.
Taylor Griffin was recruited by Coach Sampson.
Blake Griffin wanted to play with his brother.
Taylor Griffin recruited Blake Griffin not Coach Capel.
Coach Stoops teams are great because he recruits great
players.
If you can not recruit well you will not be around long at
this level.

Collier11
2/16/2010, 11:23 PM
he is getting talent, they unfortunately have been uncoachable at times