PDA

View Full Version : Olympic blah balh ceremonies

Veritas
2/12/2010, 08:51 PM
OMG this is so gay. Please honey, can we watch something else.

JLEW1818
2/12/2010, 09:37 PM
somebody died

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/luge/news?slug=ap-lug-lugerdies&prov=ap&type=lgns

StoopTroup
2/12/2010, 09:43 PM
I hope the Taliban bring their Head Coach.

StoopTroup
2/12/2010, 09:44 PM
I hope the Taliban bring their Asst. Head Coach.

StoopTroup
2/12/2010, 09:44 PM
I hope the Taliban bring their entire congregation.

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2010, 09:55 PM
i like it :O

I'm such a freaking sucker for the Olympics.

tommieharris91
2/12/2010, 09:57 PM
Have they talked about how THERE'S NO SNOW IN VANCOUVER yet?

StoopTroup
2/12/2010, 10:09 PM
I think the amount of hot women melted the snow

Petro-Sooner
2/12/2010, 10:36 PM
I'm an Olympic fan so I'm in.

StoopTroup
2/12/2010, 10:51 PM
Things just turned screechy uber ghey with the fiddling/stomp dancing

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah, that was like 5 mins too long. Damn.

HoserSooner
2/12/2010, 11:03 PM
...thank god nobody has complained about Brian Adams yet...:O

Okla-homey
2/12/2010, 11:05 PM
The Red Army produced Chinese Olympics opening ceremony was much better. Just saying.

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2010, 11:15 PM
The Red Army produced Chinese Olympics opening ceremony was much better. Just saying.

$400 Million will do that.

In other news, Donald Sutherland is Canadian?

Soonerus
2/12/2010, 11:24 PM
Please Lord, end the speeches...

Veritas
2/12/2010, 11:25 PM
Wife finally went to bed, I'm watching Top Gear. Thank God.

Soonerus
2/12/2010, 11:31 PM
Vancouver, greatest place in the universe...ok, move on...

OUinFLA
2/12/2010, 11:32 PM
Have they talked about how THERE'S NO SNOW IN VANCOUVER yet?

they should have held the olympics somewhere down here in the south. we have more snow than we know what to do with.

oh, and for those of you who dont appreciate the olympic fanfare of tonight, you're just a bunch of ghey puss....... oh, wait, I meant those of us who are appreciating the festivities are........

Anyway. Good Job Canada, Im impressed with your opening cerimony production.

HoserSooner
2/12/2010, 11:32 PM
Oh hooray.....our token bull dyke....where is Rush in all this mess?

OUinFLA
2/12/2010, 11:34 PM
Wife finally went to bed, I'm watching Top Gear. Thank God.

yet, you're still posting in this thread...... you're a closet winter olympic fan, right?

Soonerus
2/12/2010, 11:35 PM
"You're killing me Smalls"...

jumperstop
2/12/2010, 11:37 PM
I only have less appreciation for Canada after watching the opening ceremonies.

StoopTroup
2/12/2010, 11:40 PM
K.D. Lang looks like a cross between a fat Rob Snieder and Wayne Newton

OUinFLA
2/12/2010, 11:42 PM
that's an olympic sized hair-do

OUinFLA
2/13/2010, 12:01 AM
3/4 is better than none

Soonerus
2/13/2010, 12:04 AM
Unbelievable they F'up the opening like that...

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2010, 12:07 AM
Somebody's getting executed.

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2010, 12:08 AM
Joe Biden's wife looks like Alice Cooper.

Veritas
2/13/2010, 12:08 AM
yet, you're still posting in this thread...... you're a closet winter olympic fan, right?
I like women's skating. Their asses are amazing.

Soonerus
2/13/2010, 12:10 AM
Truck carrying Gretzky has a flat...geez...

HoserSooner
2/13/2010, 12:13 AM
Gretz is the effin' man

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2010, 12:14 AM
What a cluster ****.

StoopTroup
2/13/2010, 12:24 AM
Only OKC could have ****ed that up worse than Vancouver.

Tulsa>OKC :D ;)

Soonerus
2/13/2010, 12:28 AM
Tulsa probably would have raised just one cauldron...

StoopTroup
2/13/2010, 12:32 AM
At least Tulsa has Hockey.

Tulsa>OKC :D

Soonerus
2/13/2010, 12:46 AM
Tulsa home of Sean Sutton...

Leroy Lizard
2/13/2010, 01:57 AM
I love Irish jigs... but this is ghey. I am forced to watch this as part of a "family thing." I want to be single again.

Leroy Lizard
2/13/2010, 02:01 AM
Now they're killing me with the music.

While typing this, I have to say out loud "Wow, that's beautiful. Man, they sure did a swell job."

If only they really knew what I thought of it.

fadada1
2/13/2010, 08:43 AM
it's 8:42 am... is K.D. Lang's song over with yet? and can someone remind me the name of the song - i missed it.

TIA

C&CDean
2/13/2010, 10:13 AM
The song was "Shrek."

StoopTroup
2/13/2010, 10:20 AM
I love Irish jigs... but this is ghey. I am forced to watch this as part of a "family thing." I want to be single again.

I knew you had to be around 10 or 11. Now we have proof.

Jacie
2/13/2010, 10:32 AM
So some spare from Peru marries an American girl, moves with her to Seattle where she introduces him to cross-country skiing. He likes it and gets an idea that he pitches to whoever in Peru manages their Olympic teams and presto! the guy becomes Peru's first ever entrant in cross-country skiing. I doubt if the Vegas line covers it but I am betting he finishes dead last in this event.

StoopTroup
2/13/2010, 11:34 AM
So some spare from Peru marries an American girl, moves with her to Seattle where she introduces him to cross-country skiing. He likes it and gets an idea that he pitches to whoever in Peru manages their Olympic teams and presto! the guy becomes Peru's first ever entrant in cross-country skiing. I doubt if the Vegas line covers it but I am betting he finishes dead last in this event.

Yep. Seems like more and more we continue to see other Countries be represented by athletes who spend most of their life in America so they can use their status in their Home country to be a standout. Here they would stand little chance of being on the American Team. If they tried to get their Home Country to support their hobby until they were able to compete they wouldn't be supported nor would they have access to equipment, training and coaching that they can get while living here.

We are continueing to support other Countries entries into the Olympic Games I guess so we'll have someone to compete against.

Okla-homey
2/13/2010, 01:30 PM
Yep. Seems like more and more we continue to see other Countries be represented by athletes who spend most of their life in America so they can use their status in their Home country to be a standout. Here they would stand little chance of being on the American Team. If they tried to get their Home Country to support their hobby until they were able to compete they wouldn't be supported nor would they have access to equipment, training and coaching that they can get while living here.

We are continueing to support other Countries entries into the Olympic Games I guess so we'll have someone to compete against.

I'll go one better. Auburn, my Blonde Daughter's alma mater, dominates NCAA swimming and diving. Countries with swimming and diving studs and studettes send those kids to Auburn, where they get a full scholly and even better for the country -- which doesn't have to spend a penny to train or support said kid, those countries get to use those kids to compete (against USA) in the Summer Olympics.

Somehow, that just feels wrong.

Jacie
2/13/2010, 03:56 PM

That he lives in the U.S.A. does not bother me and I doubt he receives anything in the way of support to train. Peru has never competed in the Winter Olympics prior to this one and are only there because an expatriate Peruvian has taken up skiing. What an opportunity, to be able to say you were an Olympic athlete! I put this guy on par with the Jamaican bobsled team of a few Winter Olys back. I can cross country ski but unless I want to become a citizen of an equatorial country can never hope to showcase my lack of talent on the world stage . . .

StoopTroup
2/13/2010, 04:30 PM
That he lives in the U.S.A. does not bother me and I doubt he receives anything in the way of support to train. Peru has never competed in the Winter Olympics prior to this one and are only there because an expatriate Peruvian has taken up skiing. What an opportunity, to be able to say you were an Olympic athlete! I put this guy on par with the Jamaican bobsled team of a few Winter Olys back. I can cross country ski but unless I want to become a citizen of an equatorial country can never hope to showcase my lack of talent on the world stage . . .

As I totally understand what you are saying and an opportunity to be an Olympian would be cool...as an American I don't have the same ability to just clown my way into the Olympics...I'd have to compete with other folks and be chosen by the US Team to represent our Country. The USA Team has rules that try to make sure our Country is represented by the best our Country has to offer. These other folks are becoming the best their Country has to offer via living in the US.

Let's just say we start losing medals to folks who use our Freedoms to compete against us on the World Stage. I'm thinking that if they were a US Citizen and they trained here, lived here and made their living here....those should be US Medals.

I just don't care for folks who use our Country to show us up because they weren't allowed opportunities in their Country of birth. If it was so great there and you want to make them proud....go back to your Country and make it great.

Yao Ming is a perfect example of what I'm saying. He plays in the NBA and competes for China as he feels that he owes them for his success. China should start it's own NBA then IMO. Instead they use him up and his team mates in the US feel bad that mean old China is putting pressure on Yao to do his Duty for his Country. Pick a Country. If your Dream of playing in the NBA is what is important in your life....become an American and play for America come time for the Olympics. It's not like he wouldn't have made the Team.

Other problems have occured for Countries who didn't have an athlete for an event. I give you "Eddie the Eagle". This was a story that at first seemed really cool as a guy found a way to compete in the olympics even though he hardly ever actually trained for the event. The Death of the Georgian Luger this week has raised eyebrows as Luge is freaking dangerous. What Eddie the Eagle did was dangerous too. He was a hero to some and an embarrassment to many of his Countrymen. They changed their rules to qualify after Eddies free ride to the Olympics.

8SE_-VNTyFo

soonerscuba
2/13/2010, 04:34 PM
All of you with complaints about dubious citizenship should stay far, far away from the World Cup this summer.

StoopTroup
2/13/2010, 04:35 PM
All of you with complaints about dubious citizenship should stay far, far away from the World Cup this summer.

You won't have to worry about that....lol

Soccer blows.

Okla-homey
2/13/2010, 07:17 PM

Don't worry. Soccer is a goofy sport embraced by loser countries. And its advent in America has dumbed down at least one generation. If I were Emperor of America, I would make possesion of a soccer ball a felony.

RacerX
2/13/2010, 08:07 PM
At least Tulsa has Hockey.

Tulsa>OKC :D

OKC's AHL team (http://www.newsok.com/article/3438357) won't being playing Tulsa's punk *** CHL team.:D

OUinFLA
2/13/2010, 08:42 PM
as an American I don't have the same ability to just clown my way into the Olympics...

there's a "clown" olympics? :eek:

are you at least trying out for it?

StoopTroup
2/13/2010, 10:28 PM
there's a "clown" olympics? :eek:

are you at least trying out for it?

I don't need to try out...I run the whole Clown Organization.

Boarder
2/13/2010, 11:59 PM
What more would you expect from a secret Nazi-fascist plot?

DoLQ6ThezTk

I have this crazy Facebook friend who I just keep to see how crazy the next post is. This one about took the cake. I really should make a thread with only her FB posts. It's certifiable.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/14/2010, 07:43 AM
My goal is not to watch a single minute of the Winter Olympics/err hypefest. It will be hard as I will be in Calgary all this week, but I am up for the challenge.

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 12:57 PM
I love it when the Circus comes to town.

Dio
2/14/2010, 03:39 PM
OKC's AHL team (http://www.newsok.com/article/3438357) won't being playing Tulsa's punk *** CHL team.:D

I was about to say... AHL >>>> CHL

Enjoy that next road trip to Shreveport, hills and trees peeps!

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 05:02 PM
We do Road Trips to Norman in a blink of an eye.

Hockey Road Trips?

I think I've gone on two and they were both to watch our Oilers fist fight OKC. :D

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 05:08 PM
BTW....

Joey Chestnut just won the Gold for eating the most moose burgers.

Curly Bill
2/14/2010, 08:03 PM

No problemo!

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 08:07 PM
Will Farrell just took a gold

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 10:48 PM
Ice Skating....

Zhang and Zhang

Guess what Country? :D

RacerX
2/14/2010, 11:01 PM
NBC sucks at this.

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 11:01 PM
Are those Gold Medals or Gold Records?

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 11:04 PM
U S A ! ! !

U S A ! ! !

U S A ! ! !

RacerX
2/14/2010, 11:06 PM
Are those Gold Medals or Gold Records?

I think it's a DVD of their performance. Nice touch.

Breadburner
2/14/2010, 11:34 PM
They were as gay as the winner of the Daytona 500.....

StoopTroup
2/14/2010, 11:47 PM
Man I could go for some chicken mCchuggets. :rolleyes: