PDA

View Full Version : Justin Fuentes to USC?

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/12/2010, 02:54 PM
Just saw this on the ESPN Insider rumors page (which I don't pay for, so I don't know any details beyond the headline). Apparently our once-illustrious Blake-era QB is in talks to become Scumbag Kiffin's Offensive Coordinator.

Don't do it!!! Don't sell your soul and join CFB's most notorious snake-in-the-grass.

humblesooner
2/12/2010, 03:29 PM
Just saw this on the ESPN Insider rumors page (which I don't pay for, so I don't know any details beyond the headline). Apparently our once-illustrious Blake-era QB is in talks to become Scumbag Kiffin's Offensive Coordinator.

Don't do it!!! Don't sell your soul and join CFB's most notorious snake-in-the-grass.

I haven't heard Justin's name in years.
What are his credentials for being considered for this job?

Partial Qualifier
2/12/2010, 03:42 PM
He's the offensive coordinator at TCU...

yermom
2/12/2010, 03:56 PM
how did i miss that? that's awesome

yermom
2/12/2010, 03:57 PM
the TCU part, not the USC part :D

Partial Qualifier
2/12/2010, 04:36 PM
how did i miss that? that's awesome

I know! I didn't know it either, until last night.

'course the TCU offense probably doesn't get a lot of ink..

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fuente_justin00.html

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/12/2010, 04:53 PM
Street cred exposed. Justin FUENTE.

Whatever. I have no first-hand memory of this guy...and I'm not even sure I've ever seen him play. Not a lot of Blake-era games make it onto ESPN Classic.

Pricetag
2/12/2010, 05:24 PM
He would have been a passable QB in a pro style offense. I bet he would have lit it up as a redshirt senior in Leach's system in 1999.

Partial Qualifier
2/12/2010, 05:37 PM
Yep. He maintained a likeable persona too, despite all the suckiness that was OU Football.

Plus didn't he QB the Sooners during that overtime win versus Texas?

oudavid1
2/12/2010, 06:10 PM
USC's shown lately experience isn't that important

yermom
2/12/2010, 06:24 PM
I know! I didn't know it either, until last night.

'course the TCU offense probably doesn't get a lot of ink..

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fuente_justin00.html

now that i think about it, i kinda remember he was there, but i didn't know he was the co-OC now

budbarrybob
2/12/2010, 06:46 PM
USC's shown lately experience isn't that important

For the current leader of our country either...

Widescreen
2/12/2010, 07:17 PM
Yep. He maintained a likeable persona too, despite all the suckiness that was OU Football.

Plus didn't he QB the Sooners during that overtime win versus Texas?

Yes. I liked Fuente but he was in a bad situation at OU. Blake loved his boy Eric Moore so any mistake Fuente made was magnified.

SoonerShark
2/12/2010, 07:20 PM
For the current leader of our country either...

Of course the last one just got the job and entry into college because of daddy. His vocational choices were either O'Reilly's Assistant Manager program trainee or President. He was horrid at counting back change. And the DUI conviction and drug use didn't help, so he didn't get the auto parts job. Did Justin get the TCU job because of his daddy's friends?

Leroy Lizard
2/12/2010, 08:33 PM
Wasn't George W. the governor of Texas?

But no matter. This is a football forum. We can talk about how crappy our current president is in the South Oval.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/13/2010, 04:50 AM
I don't know, I might rather talk about the president than USC ;)