PDA

View Full Version : Sean Sutton arrested again

badger
2/12/2010, 12:15 PM
What a moron.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100212_93_0_Former887568)

NMSooner'80
2/12/2010, 12:19 PM
Will the OSU students be willing to "comment" - like they certainly will about Pledger and Fitzgerald? I doubt it. Somehow, this is probably Kelvin Sampson's fault.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/12/2010, 12:20 PM
wow....thats terrible

badger
2/12/2010, 12:21 PM
Will the OSU students be willing to "comment" - like they certainly will about Pledger and Fitzgerald? I doubt it. Somehow, this is probably Kelvin Sampson's fault.

Addiction is a terrible thing... and no, this won't stop OSU students from commenting on Pledge and Fitz.

badger
2/12/2010, 12:25 PM
The sad part, in addition to him being the moderately young age of 40, is that he has a family in Stillwater with three sons - one who is either 6 or 7.

yermom
2/12/2010, 12:28 PM
Woodward said Sutton has admitted to OBNDD agents that he is addicted to painkillers. Woodward said drugs were obtained from several doctors by fraudulent means, and through shipments from the states of Washington and New York.

A shipment that arrived in Stillwater on Thursday was intercepted and found to contain Adderall and Clonazepam, Woodward said.

um, those aren't painkillers...

NormanPride
2/12/2010, 12:33 PM
Can you make meth with that stuff?

yermom
2/12/2010, 12:34 PM
Adderall is speed for ADD kids. no need to make meth :D

and Clonazepam is anti-anxiety/panic attack stuff.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/12/2010, 12:35 PM
the combination of the two bring a good benzo high..getting high and still being sociable

badger
2/12/2010, 12:40 PM
They just posted his mug shots:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/Thumbs/20100212_seansuttonmugs0212_package.jpg

I almost feel sorry for him, if I didn't know that he had everything handed to him to be a successful basketball coach only to throw it away... and even then he had $1.3 million from OSU in the form of a buyout in addition to the money they paid him as an assistant to daddy and as an NIT-bound head coach.

The only ones I feel sorry for is the Stillwater community and his family. Path-et-ic.

NormanPride
2/12/2010, 12:41 PM
I know Ritalin is government controlled, but Adderall I've heard is much less so. I think Ritalin is for ADHD but Adderall is just for ADD. I have one coworker for each of those drugs, but they all have prescriptions. :D Or so they say...

MojoRisen
2/12/2010, 12:47 PM
Like Father like Son, I wonder how deep that Pain Killer stuff goes in his family. It is sad, I don't think he was a bad coach when he was in the game. Makes you wonder though if his old man was using, how long Sean was. What a Dumb *** thing to do - I guess he was sulking for a few years on some serious cash - and didn't pay it mind to get back to work. I would think he couldve got hired somewhere - prior to this stuff.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/12/2010, 12:50 PM
a man with a lot of cash and no job put together with a likelyhood to addiction is a dangerous thing

badger
2/12/2010, 12:51 PM
It isn't just a father/son thing - it's just an Eddie/Sean thing. ORU Coach Scott Sutton doesn't seem to have any drug or alcohol issues at all.

As for Sean's coaching ability, I heard reports that his addictions would often cause him to be late or complacent during team practices or on gamedays. I don't think these addictions started after he left OSU - I think it was why he left OSU. That and the NIT-thing.

Boomer.....
2/12/2010, 12:55 PM
WOW!

stoops the eternal pimp
2/12/2010, 01:01 PM
Scott has probably known for years whats gone on with his dad and brother and has made sure he doesnt make the same decisions...

Doesnt mean he wouldnt be hooked..he probably has just made the right decisions to stay away

nighttrain12
2/12/2010, 01:04 PM
Dumb Aggie!

SoonerEMT
2/12/2010, 01:31 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/Thumbs/20100212_seansuttonmugs0212_package.jpg

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/12/2010, 01:50 PM
i used to be fascinated how no hair would move on brent price's head while he played basketball. i now realize that none moved on sean's either.

nighttrain12
2/12/2010, 01:52 PM

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

This is why Sean was nowhere near as successful as his daddy Eddie. Eddie had the 'scowl' and Sean has the 'woe is me' look on his face.

tommieharris91
2/12/2010, 02:08 PM
Addiction is a terrible thing... and no, this won't stop OSU students from commenting on Pledge and Fitz.

Just bring up Marshall Moses to them.

Sooner04
2/12/2010, 02:27 PM
Sad deal. Hope he gets the help he desperately needs.

CrimsonCommando
2/12/2010, 02:29 PM
New avatar

Collier11
2/12/2010, 02:35 PM

This ^

yermom
2/12/2010, 02:38 PM
well, at least he's in jail... it's a lot harder to be in denial and get enabled if this is all public now

Sooner24
2/12/2010, 02:43 PM

I agree.

StoopTroup
2/12/2010, 02:47 PM
Looks like he's in need of making some changes in his life. At least he's at a crossroads where he didn't hurt anyone and can refocus his attention to his family and what he's going to do with the rest of his life.

Sad deal

SoonerObsession
2/12/2010, 02:53 PM
Hope he can get help and change his life around. He looks sad. This brings up a question. If you are having your mug shot taken, what do you do? Do you try and look as pathetic as possible? It always gets me how bad mug shots can be. Either they are pathetic, cocky, or just plain crazy looking.

birddog
2/12/2010, 03:04 PM
Hope he can get help and change his life around. He looks sad. This brings up a question. If you are having your mug shot taken, what do you do? Do you try and look as pathetic as possible? It always gets me how bad mug shots can be. Either they are pathetic, cocky, or just plain crazy looking.

drug withdrawals will do that to a person.

OSUAggie
2/12/2010, 03:14 PM
I wonder if this is a violation of the agreement to keep this **** quiet between Sean and OSU. Maybe we can get back some of that cash from the severance package he managed to receive for tearing our basketball program apart.

badger
2/12/2010, 03:27 PM
I wonder if this is a violation of the agreement to keep this **** quiet between Sean and OSU. Maybe we can get back some of that cash from the severance package he managed to receive for tearing our basketball program apart.
You have several things to be thankful for today, OSUAggie.

1- OSU let Sean go before this arrest happened.
2- Sean was not arrested wearing an OSU shirt
3- OSU beat them fairweather fan cheatin' gooners in football for the first time since 2002.

... oh wait, guess you only have two things to be thankful for. In any event, because of those two things, don't expect to recoup any of Sean's buyout. Be thankful that he is ex-coach Sean and not OSU coach Sean, and be thankful that he's sportin' the Under Armour brand and not the OSU brand. Either of those would have made this a crazy embarrassment for y'all.

the_ouskull
2/12/2010, 03:56 PM
If marijuana were legal, we wouldn't have to see arrests like this. Just saying. :D

(steps away from can of worms to go and play Call of Duty...)

the_ouskull

yermom
2/12/2010, 03:58 PM
seems he's graduated from the weed level...

jdsooner
2/12/2010, 04:05 PM
Very sad. I feel bad for him and his family.

Red Ada
2/12/2010, 04:45 PM
I am, depressed to hear this, I hope he can overcome
it. For his sake and his family's sake I hope that
he gets the help that he needs.

May God help you, so mote it be.....

GrapevineSooner
2/12/2010, 05:10 PM

Yep.

Addiction is a terrible thing to kick. And I wish him the best of luck as he tries to kick it.

Collier11
2/12/2010, 05:14 PM
Some people just dont understand that addiction is a sickness and not always a simple choice.

badger
2/12/2010, 05:27 PM
Some people just dont understand that addiction is a sickness and not always a simple choice.

I just would have hoped that after he was cut loose by OSU that his buyout would have been a wake-up call that he had to turn his life around so that he could get back to the profession that he's said on multiple occasions that he loves and wants to return to someday.

btw, an update - he posted 10k bond and got released from Stilly jail. Part of his agreement in his release was that he receive treatment. He apparently had withdrawal symptoms when he was being held.

goingoneight
2/12/2010, 05:43 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EvxoYuwNZMI/RpnmSSZjlgI/AAAAAAAABWo/gbuDGbIDsr0/s320/randy%2Bmarsh%2Bbald.jpg

Alcoholism is a disease... daddy's very sick...

nighttrain12
2/12/2010, 05:50 PM

Based on the article, he already was getting help and it didn't work. I hope he stays in jail a few years to teach him a tougher lesson.

I don't sympathize with druggies or drunkards (same thing), only with the people they hurt.

47straight
2/12/2010, 06:17 PM
(steps away from can of worms to go and play Call of Duty...)

the_ouskull

What's your gamertag?

Collier11
2/12/2010, 06:19 PM
derka_derka_69soFine

SoonerShark
2/12/2010, 07:24 PM
Sad. Very sad. I hope things work out for him. As for Eddie, he was always respectful of rivals and opponents. Get well, Sean.

misplacedsooner
2/12/2010, 07:36 PM
ive met the guy a couple times, talked to his wife once in awhile and knew his kids......this is sad, i couldnt stand him when he was in orange and black but as far as personal life i hope he gets his stuff togather and pulls through this. addiction is a sickness and one that you dont just wake up one day and say oh....ive been messing up, think ill stop now. its a long hard process and i say this with almost 20 years clean myself. ya gotta want it more than anything.

Soonerus
2/12/2010, 08:09 PM
Good luck Sean, I hope you find peace and recovery...

DeadSolidPerfect
2/12/2010, 08:31 PM
I find no joy in this. I've always been a fan of the Sutton's. I love Eddie and I hope that Sean finds some peace. As a Oklahoman this makes me sad.

tommieharris91
2/12/2010, 10:10 PM
If marijuana were legal, we wouldn't have to see arrests like this. Just saying. :D

Wrong dude.

misplacedsooner
2/12/2010, 11:26 PM
the skull may be on to something.

Collier11
2/12/2010, 11:31 PM
rarely :D

misplacedsooner
2/12/2010, 11:41 PM
haha, at first i thought " what the hell ?" then i got to thinking ya know he may just be right.

Piware
2/14/2010, 01:53 AM
The bond seemed pretty low for 4 felony counts and back to rehab. I wonder if the DEA is going to throw the book at him since this is interstate trafficking and using a cell phone to do it.

Folks are cutting him a lot of slack. Shame the Poke fans couldn't have done that with Dusty, Ryan Broyles, and anybody else that ever played for the Sooners.

Nobody's perfect but you have to admit, when the Suttons go over the edge they do it in a big way.

Flagstaffsooner
2/14/2010, 11:33 AM
I have no idea why you guys cut the Suttons so much slack. Eddie was a cheater and drunk at Kentuky and at osu, Sean is the same. Both of those bastards belong in prison.

misplacedsooner
2/14/2010, 11:49 AM
wow, thats harsh flagstaff.

Flagstaffsooner
2/14/2010, 11:59 AM
Sure it is misplaced, but thoose creeps have had a free ticket in Payne county for too long. Anyone else would be in Big Mac.

badger
2/14/2010, 12:11 PM
Folks are cutting him a lot of slack. Shame the Poke fans couldn't have done that with Dusty, Ryan Broyles, and anybody else that ever played for the Sooners.

Just the way it goes, I guess. The reason I have little sympathy for Sean and more sympathy for his wife, three kids and the Stillwater community is because it's not like he hasn't had a chance to turn his life around already.

I'm sure OSU fans wanted him to succeed when he got handed the head coaching job, but just think if they did better than the first round of the NIT those two seasons... they might still have him as their head coach if the results on-court weren't so incredibly below expectations.

It seems his $1.3 mil buyout was nothing but an enabler. Now that it is gone (and OSUAggie might be onto something, that OSU might be able to recover some of it now because of his arrest), he needs to get help. No more excuses.

misplacedsooner
2/14/2010, 12:21 PM
you do have a point in that if it were you or i in the crap sean is in the would bury us and we wouldnt be walking to rehab....actually rehab is where he met his connects for the pills the first time.
robbie hudson says its unfortunate but they have to treat him just like any other detainee....i call bulls*** on that though...so the guy was having withdrawals, you can bet any druggie that gors in has them too but they say they were so worried about him, bet they dont worry about joe blow when he comes in and is shaking and puking cause he dont have his fix. i also bet thats why they kept him in city where he could have his own cell rather than county where he would be in the bullpen. he only transferred to county to bail out. this is our law systems problem though as far as him getting special treatment. on the drug problem though i dont wish that on anyone and i do hope he can recover. there are alot worse crimes that can be committed that deserve jail or prison time, i just dont think throwing him in the pen is the answer to the problem..if nothing else he will learn to get better connects there for his addiction.

Flagstaffsooner
2/14/2010, 12:41 PM
I say throw them in the pen because these two a-holes have been using their status to flaunt the law. Like Gene Stipe.

Collier11
2/16/2010, 03:51 PM
Yikes, 4 felony charges

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4918900

nighttrain12
2/16/2010, 04:48 PM
Yikes, 4 felony charges

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4918900

Great news! I hope he gets the maximum sentence! (not because he is an Aggie, that is punishmemt enough as it is).

OSUAggie
2/16/2010, 07:13 PM
I say throw them in the pen because these two a-holes have been using their status to flaunt the law. Like Gene Stipe.

I'm no Sutton fan (any of them), but you're probably going a bit far.

He's a ****ing user. Throw him in the drug court **** and see if he can pull himself up. If so, great. If not, that's life.

Sucks for Trina and the kids to go through this, but **** happens. We all have issues. Unfortunately, their issues are a lot more public. Then again, he got a lot of big ****ing checks that help lessen the burden of publicity. Glad I could contribute to his habit with a decade or so worth of season tickets while he was here.

Prayers are with him, or whatever you Protestants say.

nighttrain12
2/17/2010, 12:19 AM
I have no idea why you guys cut the Suttons so much slack. Eddie was a cheater and drunk at Kentuky and at osu, Sean is the same. Both of those bastards belong in prison.

This!

Let's also not forget that Sean invited that convicted sex-offender (Byron Houston) to help at a basketball camp for kids. Extremely poor judgment by Eddie's 'chip off the old block'!

badger
3/3/2010, 05:18 PM
Eddie said he thought Sean will make it through this.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100303_93_0_EddieS188755)

I still am disgusted with Sean's behavior, but also still sympathize with his family and what both Sean and Eddie have put them and the Stillwater and OSU communities through :(

badger
8/12/2010, 03:25 PM
Sean update - he's gonna talk to the media before his hearing tomorrow.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100812_93_0_Former251873)

If I had to guess, he's going to take a deal for a lesser sentence and plead guilty to some of the charges.

OKC-SLC
8/12/2010, 04:59 PM
It's a tough deal. I wish him well.

OUmillenium
8/13/2010, 11:31 AM
There are like 4 charges that carry 5-10 years. Could you imagine him even serving 1 year?

badger
8/13/2010, 12:20 PM
He said he's pleading guilty. I sounds like he's figured out how much he's hurting his family and OSU fans and wants to turn his life around.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100813_93_0_tablet175785)

Hope he does

Crimsontothecore
8/14/2010, 07:56 AM
Wow, three years probation. Apparently drunk driving isn't the only thing you can get away with scott free in stillwater...if your names sutton.

OKC-SLC
8/15/2010, 10:40 PM
Wow, three years probation. Apparently drunk driving isn't the only thing you can get away with scott free in stillwater...if your names sutton.

It's actually a fairly standard punishment for this type of crime in a first time offender.

Condescending Sooner
8/16/2010, 10:01 AM
It's actually a fairly standard punishment for this type of crime in a first time offender.

BS. Any normal person would serve significant jail time. He already wiggled out of charges before for prescription shopping, and now orders drugs through the mail.

OUmillenium
8/16/2010, 10:11 AM
BS. Any normal person would serve significant jail time. He already wiggled out of charges before for prescription shopping, and now orders drugs through the mail.

You are correct. I had to serve 2 days for a weak DUI deal back in the old college days.

Heard Sean give a great interview on the Commercial Animal Friday. He spent extra time in rehab, not the get out early cuz I'm ready route that Lindsay Lohan does everytime. He is also attending church regularly and appears to be on the right path. I believe this had a great deal to do with his less than average sentence.

badger
10/7/2010, 02:50 PM
Happy ending - the good son is giving his troubled bro another chance at ORU

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ORU/article.aspx?subjectid=95&articleid=20101007_95_0_SeanSu552738)

Scott must take after his mother more than :eddie:

Collier11
10/7/2010, 02:54 PM
Good luck to him, hopefully he can get his life straight and take advantage of the oppurtunity

oumartin
10/7/2010, 03:35 PM
Hoosiers

StoopTroup
10/7/2010, 03:56 PM
ORU still exists? I thought that was overflow parking for Walmart.

Crimsontothecore
10/7/2010, 05:59 PM
Just saw this on the news and had to laugh. He should be a great fit at ORU:rolleyes:

badger
10/8/2010, 10:24 AM
Just for the record, Sean is only in a volunteer position and I really, really think it's just to give Sean something to look forward to instead of having a bunch of time off to deal with his past issues that led to him losing his dream job at his alma mater and hurting his family and fans et al.

Also, he is not allowed to directly instruct the kids, as NCAA rules apparently only allow three assistants, so all Sean will be doing is sitting on the sideline and watching tape, it sounds like. But, it's better than the alternative that has him on three year's probation. :(

picasso
11/2/2010, 01:53 PM
Just saw this on the news and had to laugh. He should be a great fit at ORU:rolleyes:

I'm very good friends with the ORU coaches (Tom Hankins in particular is a stand-up guy). And my wife and brother are ORU grads.
**** off.

fwsooner22
11/2/2010, 02:19 PM
You all (those making fun of ORU) might want to check the OU schedule.

badger
8/18/2011, 05:32 PM
Happy ending.

Charges dismissed against Sean. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110818_14_0_STILLW157935)

If he screws up again, though, no more leniency is my guess. Good luck, Sean.

CowboyMRW
8/21/2011, 10:28 PM
Good Luck Sean, hope all goes well and am glad to see that he's got his life on track it appears

Sooner_Tuf
8/21/2011, 11:28 PM
Happy ending.

Charges dismissed against Sean. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110818_14_0_STILLW157935)

If he screws up again, though, no more leniency is my guess. Good luck, Sean.

I don't know it says his record was expunged. It's like it never even happened. I guess he's good to go on the party scene some more.

CowboyMRW
8/21/2011, 11:31 PM
It says it was expunged, but he's such a big name that anyone would know what he has done previously

Sooner_Tuf
8/22/2011, 01:07 PM
When it comes to repeat offender I don't think it matters what people know but what is on your record.

It kinda defeats the purpose of keeping records if they aren't going to be accurate. I hope the guy keeps his nose, for his sake, and it won't matter down the road anyway.

What does matter is if you let these guys keep getting away with stuff and they end up killing someone else. Like maybe running a stop sign because they are fukt up when they shouldn't be driving anyway.

Soonerjeepman
8/23/2011, 01:06 PM
my daughter takes adderall for ADD...it's a prescription...

StoopTroup
8/23/2011, 01:20 PM
I wish him well and hope his family is done suffering from his addiction.