PDA

View Full Version : Suite or Scream?

oudavid1
2/12/2010, 09:23 AM
A friend of mine the other day asked me if id ever sat in a Suite for an OU home game, i said no and then came back with a "i dont really see a point, you might as well watch it on tv at home". My question: Would it be better to sit in a box or down on the lower levels? I perfer to be down with the fans making conversations and screaming.

yermom
2/12/2010, 09:26 AM
screaming

Aries
2/12/2010, 09:27 AM
Just depends on personal preference. For you, it sounds like you're happier enjoying the crowd. For me, the crowds are the WORST part of attending in person, so I'd prefer the suite. But then, I'm just as happy watching on TV at home.

yermom
2/12/2010, 09:33 AM
see, i think the crowd is the best part of going to the game. i do kinda miss watching from the couch sometimes though, especially getting to watch other games

but, the crowd, the band, heckling the other team. it's awesome to be there

oudavid1
2/12/2010, 09:55 AM
see, i think the crowd is the best part of going to the game. i do kinda miss watching from the couch sometimes though, especially getting to watch other games

but, the crowd, the band, heckling the other team. it's awesome to be there

Yeah I get the whole being able to watch other games but I always look at what the possible upsets are and if i/e florida or texas loses the best to be is Owen Field celebrating with everyone else!

MeMyself&Me
2/12/2010, 10:01 AM
A friend of mine the other day asked me if id ever sat in a Suite for an OU home game, i said no and then came back with a "i dont really see a point, you might as well watch it on tv at home". My question: Would it be better to sit in a box or down on the lower levels? I perfer to be down with the fans making conversations and screaming.

Depends on the weather.

I always prefer to be at the game for the reasons you mention. I love the energy of the crowd at games. However, if it's raining or ultra-cold, that suit would be better IMO.

badger
2/12/2010, 10:04 AM
Depends on the weather.

I always prefer to be at the game for the reasons you mention. I love the energy of the crowd at games. However, if it's raining or ultra-cold, that suit would be better IMO.

or ultra-hot. i once sat outside right below a suite and i could occasionally feel air conditioning.

...sooner
2/12/2010, 10:15 AM
screaming with everyone!

MojoRisen
2/12/2010, 10:16 AM
No comparision unless you are pushing the 70s and just need to chill. The box is kind of not being there at all, it is pretty cool once or twice but no comparison.

Kansas City a few years ago against Nebraska, with out sneaking in a few airplane shots of whiskey - could have killed me.

OUDoc
2/12/2010, 10:25 AM
You've really got to experience the suites at least once, they are amazing. I don't think I'd prefer to watch the games from there every time though (I think).

gaylordfan1
2/12/2010, 10:34 AM
Cant you drink in the suite?

yermom
2/12/2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah I get the whole being able to watch other games but I always look at what the possible upsets are and if i/e florida or texas loses the best to be is Owen Field celebrating with everyone else!

the only time i've really felt that way was Tech v. Texas 2008

THAT was cool

oudavid1
2/12/2010, 11:03 AM

THAT was cool

What about 2000 vs Nebraska!!!!

oudavid1
2/12/2010, 11:03 AM

THAT was cool

oudavid1
2/12/2010, 11:04 AM

THAT was cool

oudavid1
2/12/2010, 11:06 AM

THAT was cool

OUDoc
2/12/2010, 11:07 AM

Yes.

OUDoc
2/12/2010, 11:07 AM

Yes.

Oldnslo
2/12/2010, 11:10 AM
the novelty of the suite is good for once or twice, but it's better to watch the game with the crowd.

KingWKB
2/12/2010, 01:27 PM
A few years back I watched Bedlam in a suite and I swore I would never do it again. Totally lacked the overall game experience. If you are going to do it, do it for a game that isn't that great.

yermom
2/12/2010, 01:43 PM

1) i wasn't at that game :(

2) i'm talking about huddling on the concourse to watch the end of the game after ours was over and hearing all of us left in the stadium cheering when Crabtree scored with :01 left

Partial Qualifier
2/12/2010, 02:03 PM

THAT was cool

yermom
2/12/2010, 02:06 PM
can anyone else not see the second page? in the CP this thread shows only 15 posts. i'm thinking the double posts aren't in the DB right

MamaMia
2/12/2010, 02:08 PM
I dont care for the suites, however if you have Kerr McGee Club seats you get the best of two worlds.

yermom
2/12/2010, 02:12 PM

:D

i don't even remember who we were playing that week... was it Nebraska?

oudavid1
2/12/2010, 02:28 PM
I dont care for the suites, however if you have Kerr McGee Club seats you get the best of two worlds.

I had front row 50 yardline once and it was nice but for the intense games its so much better to represent section 3 baby!

GottaHavePride
2/12/2010, 06:43 PM
I would happily take a seat in the suites for the early season, 115 degree type games, as well as the late season freeze-your-***-off games. Anything in between I'd rather be in the stands.

NOT student section, though. I had plenty of the "show up 4 hours before kickoff, run like a lunatic to get good seats, and be sunburned before the game even starts" thing.

DakotaSooner
2/12/2010, 11:35 PM
Depends on the weather.

Does it get ultra-cold? haha, i know what you mean....cold is a perspective to what you are acclimated to, but when we come down once a year in the fall it is always nice to enjoy the weather.

I will say when we came down to the Miami game to years ago, my God that was hot for this South Dakota boy.

Definately watch the game from the stands.......

bluedogok
2/12/2010, 11:45 PM
The suites are nice if the doors/windows open up to the crowd, if I had the money I would have one. I have sat in the club seats at Arkansas (Fayetteville), Arrowhead and JerryWorld, they are a pretty nice option, at Arrowhead and Razorback Stadiums they are under the deck (nice for rain) and close to concession/facilities.

If there was a few more inches of knee room and butt width the bleacher seats are fine (my dad's seats are in section 21) and it gets kind of uncomfortable for me, my 5'-2" tall wife doesn't have much of a problem.

oudavid1
2/13/2010, 05:07 AM
The suites are nice if the doors/windows open up to the crowd, if I had the money I would have one. I have sat in the club seats at Arkansas (Fayetteville), Arrowhead and JerryWorld, they are a pretty nice option, at Arrowhead and Razorback Stadiums they are under the deck (nice for rain) and close to concession/facilities.

If there was a few more inches of knee room and butt width the bleacher seats are fine (my dad's seats are in section 21) and it gets kind of uncomfortable for me, my 5'-2" tall wife doesn't have much of a problem.

Ive sat in both club lounges at Owen Field and i think the older one (Sante) is the better one....mainly being its out of rain and sunlight

sooneron
2/13/2010, 08:43 AM
I would prefer being amongst the commoners. Of course, my experience may have been soured by the fact that I was in Boren's suite. LAME. No booze and they were partying it up next door - all I could do was watch, plus I had to stand for most of the game because James Garner brought along his "helper" with him and they didn't account for him seating-wise. It should have been a better game experience, but it was one of the all time worst - Mizzou in '07. Not to mention, the food was really average.

bluedogok
2/13/2010, 03:48 PM
A suite of "fans" is always better than a suite of "politicians and others who think they are important" and act like they are too good to act like fans...much like many of the people who sat on the west side in the 70's before suites were ever a thought.

o0Dan0o
2/13/2010, 05:26 PM
I've always liked sitting about halfway up on the 50, high enough to have a really good view of the entire field without being too far away to hear the game (hits, cadence, smack talk, so on). At Relient here in Houston, the suits have most of the seating open to the stadium (since it is a dome after all), those are really fun.
Dan

MamaMia
2/14/2010, 03:39 AM
Ive sat in both club lounges at Owen Field and i think the older one (Sante) is the better one....mainly being its out of rain and sunlight
I prefer the Kerr McGee Club seats. I like to look across the field at the OU sideline through my binoculars. Sometimes its fun to watch the interaction going on between our coaches and the players. We have seats 30 rows up on the 42 too. They're also on the east side. Its fun to sit there when the weather is nice. :)

VA Sooner
2/14/2010, 07:31 AM
Screaming.... definitely.

Crucifax Autumn
2/14/2010, 08:13 AM
Scream or stay home.

Dan Thompson
2/14/2010, 11:12 AM
I have a big plasma TV, but I wish I could have been at the TT game in 2008.

sooner518
2/14/2010, 11:15 AM
for boring games, suite for sure. for big matchups, in the crowd.

CrimsonCommando
2/14/2010, 11:24 AM
I was invited to watch a K-State game in the suites. I saw one of the most smoking hot babes EVAR up there. I noticed her way before I noticed she was with Jeff Gordon the racer. He is a total midget. Apparenlty, some other racer wife was a sooner fan and they were up watching the game and invited Jeff Gordon and his arm-candy.

Anyway, we had many beers in the suite, ate shrimp, and watched us pound K-State in what was Snyder's last year. Plus judging by the crowd up there and the number of beers I had I was by far the funniest guy in the suite!!!!

lovesOU
2/14/2010, 10:51 PM
I have never sat in an OU suite but have many times in TX stadium. It is fun the first time but one is isolated from the game even with the window up. I prefer to sit as someone said with the commoners as I get much more the feel of the game but that is JMHO.

oudavid1
2/22/2010, 12:44 AM
I have never sat in an OU suite but have many times in TX stadium. It is fun the first time but one is isolated from the game even with the window up. I prefer to sit as someone said with the commoners as I get much more the feel of the game but that is JMHO.

Im not a big Pro football fan, but that would be nice