PDA

View Full Version : SICK AND WRONG!!!!!!!!

SunnySooner
2/10/2010, 11:35 PM
Saw one of these in a parking lot here in Jax today, could not believe it!!! So I came home and looked it up, and sure enough... And they call themselves RIVALS?!?!?!?!?!? Can you imagine an Oklahoma plate with a whorn on it???? That would be sacrilege. Someone needs to teach these people how to hate, this is just disgusting.

http://theeverymanblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/georgiagators.jpg

starclassic tama
2/10/2010, 11:36 PM
why is the font on the UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA black shouldn't it be blue?

SunnySooner
2/10/2010, 11:44 PM
My reach is far and wide, remember that, my starry friend.;)

Frozen Sooner
2/10/2010, 11:44 PM
Can't see what's got you riled up, but most of the states surrounding Alabama have Crimson Tide plates. Tennessee, I think, only requires that you have a commitment from 200 people that'll buy a particular plate before they'll make them.

In fact, IIRC, Tennessee has an OU plate.

SunnySooner
2/10/2010, 11:47 PM
That's just state legislatures whoring themselves out for money, but then, what else is new. IDK, we're only 45 minutes from the GA line, but this was the first time I'd seen this plate and I just thought it was awful. Is nothing holy anymore?!?!?!?

Frozen Sooner
2/10/2010, 11:50 PM
Hey, there's the picture. Dang internet is acting wonky again.

I was always annoyed I couldn't get an OU plate in Alaska. Can't get one here, either, though my Roll Tide license plate with the BEATTX message got a lot of attention back in December. :D

Frozen Sooner
2/10/2010, 11:52 PM
Holy crap, look at all the collegiate plates Tennessee offers: http://state.tn.us/revenue/vehicle/licenseplates/collegiate/collegiate.htm

They even have one for UT women's basketball!

SunnySooner
2/10/2010, 11:56 PM
Well, Froz, I guess I have just not lived your worldly cosmopolitan existence, but most of the school plates I've noticed have been for schools IN that state, and especially if it's your HATED rival. I mean really, could you see an OU plate from tejas or a whorn plate from OK? That's the point I'm trying to make.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
2/11/2010, 06:17 AM
Texas has one for LSU and Florida as well.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2010, 08:16 AM
Well, Froz, I guess I have just not lived your worldly cosmopolitan existence, but most of the school plates I've noticed have been for schools IN that state, and especially if it's your HATED rival. I mean really, could you see an OU plate from tejas or a whorn plate from OK? That's the point I'm trying to make.

No, I got you. It always weirds me out to see a Tennessee Alabama plate.

1890MilesToNorman
2/11/2010, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't mind being able to get an OU plate in Maine but we ain't a foosball state. Hell, the Maine team would lose to most southern high schools teams. They did go to Nebraska in 2005 but that weren't no game.

yermom
2/11/2010, 10:45 AM
Silly SEC country

SoonerAtKU
2/11/2010, 12:20 PM
...though my Roll Tide license plate with the BEATTX message got a lot of attention back in December. :D

And now it's valid in Past Tense also!