PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Mccoy #1

primetime43
2/10/2010, 03:59 PM
Heard Mike Mayock from NFL network say yesterday he has Gerald rated above Suh. Also just saw Mcshay has McCoy #1. Is anyone else surprised by this? I love Gerald but Suh was a beast.

Do the Rams talk themselves into Bradford or do they take the sure thing at DT and go after Vick. I'm ready for the draft!

JLEW1818
2/10/2010, 04:04 PM
It really just depends on what the Rams want. Here is a good email from a rams fan.

Walter, I am very upset by all the draft talk here in St. Louis. It seems like the Rams have already made the selection of Ndamukong Suh and I can't help but feel absolutely helpless and saddened by the whole thing.

We have passed on three franchise quarterbacks in the last four drafts. In 2006, we passed on Jay Cutler, in 2008, we passed on Matt Ryan, and in 2009, we passed on Mark Sanchez. If you look back at those three drafts, each pick we took a so-called safe pick.

In 2006, we took Tye Hill who was supposed to be a frachise shutdown corner with all the physical tools to succeed. In 2008, we opted to take Chris Long who was the for-sure pick of the top players in that draft. He was supposed to be what Suh is going to be, yet he hasn't been. And then comes the 2009 NFL Draft. Sanchez was there, and this team knew they needed a quarterback, yet they took the so-called "safe pick" in Jason Smith who now looks like he may have a severe concussion sydrome that may not allow him to ever live up to his potential.

All three picks were made because the Rams felt they were the safe pick, and all three picks have yet to pan out.

Sorry for the rambling, but I am very depressed over this. I don't know what to do; my hometown NFL team has become a laughing stock, and a laughing stock isn't worth $1,000 a year in season tickets.

I wish this team would make their mind up soon and make it clear that they are interested in Jimmy Clausen. I absolutely love his ability, leadership and toughness; not to mention his smarts and physical ability - something this team hasn't had since the Kurt Warner days. Clausen should not only be the pick, but the Rams should lock him up a week before the draft to help settle fans like me down and give us hope. I just don't think I can sit through another year hoping that this particular "safe pick" pans out while I watch another passed-on player become a franchise quarterback.

rawlingsHOH
2/10/2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Mayock has been all over GK for about the last month now. Though he's still in the minority, favoring him over Suh. I didn't hear that McShay switched, that is new.

primetime43
2/10/2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, Mayock has been all over GK for about the last month now. Though he's still in the minority, favoring him over Suh. I didn't hear that McShay switched, that is new.

Well I guess I should rephrase. I don't know if McShay switched but this was the link on espn.com

McShay mock: Rams switch to Gerald McCoy

primetime43
2/10/2010, 04:20 PM
It really just depends on what the Rams want. Here is a good email from a rams fan.

Walter, I am very upset by all the draft talk here in St. Louis. It seems like the Rams have already made the selection of Ndamukong Suh and I can't help but feel absolutely helpless and saddened by the whole thing.

We have passed on three franchise quarterbacks in the last four drafts. In 2006, we passed on Jay Cutler, in 2008, we passed on Matt Ryan, and in 2009, we passed on Mark Sanchez. If you look back at those three drafts, each pick we took a so-called safe pick.

In 2006, we took Tye Hill who was supposed to be a frachise shutdown corner with all the physical tools to succeed. In 2008, we opted to take Chris Long who was the for-sure pick of the top players in that draft. He was supposed to be what Suh is going to be, yet he hasn't been. And then comes the 2009 NFL Draft. Sanchez was there, and this team knew they needed a quarterback, yet they took the so-called "safe pick" in Jason Smith who now looks like he may have a severe concussion sydrome that may not allow him to ever live up to his potential.

All three picks were made because the Rams felt they were the safe pick, and all three picks have yet to pan out.

Sorry for the rambling, but I am very depressed over this. I don't know what to do; my hometown NFL team has become a laughing stock, and a laughing stock isn't worth $1,000 a year in season tickets.

I wish this team would make their mind up soon and make it clear that they are interested in Jimmy Clausen. I absolutely love his ability, leadership and toughness; not to mention his smarts and physical ability - something this team hasn't had since the Kurt Warner days. Clausen should not only be the pick, but the Rams should lock him up a week before the draft to help settle fans like me down and give us hope. I just don't think I can sit through another year hoping that this particular "safe pick" pans out while I watch another passed-on player become a franchise quarterback.

I wouldn't exactly call Cutler a franchise quarterback. This Rams fan will regret wanting Clausen. What did he do in college to warrant being a franchise qb? I'm sorry but NFL defenses will not let him complete those "long jump balls".

Aries
2/10/2010, 04:42 PM
Lots to disagree with, Smith has one year and Long two in positions that take some time to develop. Especially considering they are on a horrible team, it's hard to call them "busts" at this point. And I don't remember Tye Hill being described at the time as "a frachise shutdown corner with all the physical tools to succeed", I remember that being a surprise pick and called a "reach" by many, many people.

And THAT has been the Rams problem, not that they've passed on franchise QB's, but that they have made a lot of ridiculous picks. But all of that was under previous management, so who knows yet what they'll do or how it will work out?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 04:45 PM
The way the Rams are keying in on picking up Vick if possible, they could have a great offseason..

Salt City Sooner
2/10/2010, 04:48 PM
Video of Mayock talking about why he feels GK > Suh, plus other DT talk:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8164db44/Mayock-top-5-DT

OUMallen
2/10/2010, 04:48 PM
I always thought Suh was a little better than GM. And GM is an utter stud.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 04:52 PM
2 different types of DTs...Its not really a better one better than the other, its a matter of fitting into what the defense does and what they need a DT to do...

Collier11
2/10/2010, 04:59 PM
^ This exactly, its more about what the franchise is wanting to do for their future

Just like a program wanting Clausen over Bradford just because they want another Leaf instead of Manning

Eielson
2/10/2010, 05:03 PM

Just imagine how many interceptions Cutler would have thrown if he played for the Rams. Only jlew and collier can tell that Sanchez is going to be a stud. From what I've seen, I would've liked Ryan.

In 2006, we took Tye Hill who was supposed to be a frachise shutdown corner with all the physical tools to succeed.

If this were the case, then why was he available at 15? I think one of the top 14 would've picked him if he truly were looked at as a safe franchise shutdown corner. I think Bunkley was the other guy being talked about, not Cutler. Not that any of the three look too great.

In 2008, we opted to take Chris Long who was the for-sure pick of the top players in that draft.

This guy is looking like he could be one of the few bright spots on our team within a year or two. I really wouldn't act like this guy is a bust. The debate was Dorsey vs. Long anyway, with a little interest in Gholston. Long could easily be the best of the three.

Sanchez was there, and this team knew they needed a quarterback, yet they took the so-called "safe pick" in Jason Smith who now looks like he may have a severe concussion sydrome that may not allow him to ever live up to his potential.

Seriously? One season, and he calls the guy a bust. This is another guy that looks to be one of the bright spots of our team. He's expected to be our starting left tackle next season. Why don't we give him a season before calling him a bad pick? It's not like we've missed a whole lot not having Sanchez.

I wish this team would make their mind up soon and make it clear that they are interested in Jimmy Clausen.

Retard.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/10/2010, 05:06 PM
2 different types of DTs...Its not really a better one better than the other, its a matter of fitting into what the defense does and what they need a DT to do...

i think one thing that you have to factor in is that there is growing talk about outlawing hte 3 point stance. if they do, suh's value goes through the roof in the middle.

rawlingsHOH
I wouldn't exactly call Cutler a franchise quarterback. This Rams fan will regret wanting Clausen. What did he do in college to warrant being a franchise qb? I'm sorry but NFL defenses will not let him complete those "long jump balls".

a) pro style offense
b) solid mechanics
c) good arm strength, decent accuracy

Eielson
Has anything even happened that could make the Rams change their mind?

Collier11
I would think that rule would benefit Mccoy more

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 05:08 PM
problem with that is its a ram's fan..

A team's fanbase is usually the worst group to get an assessment from...good players are better than they actually are and bad players are worse than they really are...and they live in fantasy land

Eielson
2/10/2010, 05:08 PM
there is growing talk about outlawing hte 3 point stance.

Is this a joke?

Collier11
2/10/2010, 05:09 PM
nope

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-superbowl-goodell&prov=ap&type=lgns

rawlingsHOH
2/10/2010, 05:09 PM

No, McCoy is more of the up-the-field guy. Suh will stand ground.

Eielson
2/10/2010, 05:10 PM
nope

Am I missing something, or is this completely retarded?

Collier11
2/10/2010, 05:12 PM
I posted the link on the last page

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 05:13 PM

No, it would benefit Suh IMO...The thing that McCoy has on Suh is McCoy comes out of his stance better...not saying Suh sucks at it, but he comes out a little too high...Suh has a quicker burst though and this would benefit him even more

rawlingsHOH
2/10/2010, 05:13 PM
Am I missing something, or is this completely retarded?

Safety/concussion issue.

I seriously doubt it would ever go thru though.

badger
2/10/2010, 05:14 PM
Here's the thing... the Rams can get a good QB in the second round this draft. They won't get McCoy or Suh in the second round. Quarterbacks command far too much money in the first round for too many teams to take one, even if they are the second coming of... um... whichever QB you like. It's just too much money for too many teams to risk going for a Peyton, but ending up with a Leaf.

But... the D-line... oh so tempting. Less risk! Less money up front! Starter from day one! Yay!

The Rams became crap ever since they dumped Kurt Warner... apologies to Rams fans here, but your franchise deserved it. At least when the Packers dumped Favre, Favre was being a diva.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 05:17 PM
This is a draft for teams looking for a solid career #2 QB....Future #1s are in next season's draft...

Eielson
2/10/2010, 05:18 PM
The Rams became crap ever since they dumped Kurt Warner

WRONG!

Collier11
They have Marc Bulger, when healthy and not running for his life he is a good QB, maybe not great but he is good. Or they can get Vick like we have been hearing, they need to use their draft picks on filling out a competitive roster

Collier11
WRONG!

Heh, you just wont drop it, problem is that the facts support this more than they support you

Eielson
2/10/2010, 05:20 PM
Heh, you just wont drop it, problem is that the facts support this more than they support you

They went to the playoffs the year after he left. How is this crap?

It's not. [/discussion]

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 05:24 PM
I really don't like the attitudes you guys have towards Eilson...

Collier11
2/10/2010, 05:28 PM
Do you really need another boyfriend STEP? Geez

Collier11
2/10/2010, 05:29 PM

It's not. [/discussion]

They made the playoffs twice in the 9 years since he left, they made 2 superbowls with Warner, winning 1...this isnt a hard concept to follow bro

C&CDean
2/10/2010, 05:31 PM
No, he needs another ho.

Collier11
2/10/2010, 05:33 PM
Eilson could fill that duty

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 05:34 PM
Its not the duty, its the booty

badger
2/10/2010, 05:38 PM

It's not. [/discussion]
On paper, the playoffs sound good. When you dig a little deeper and find that the Rams barely made the playoffs with an 8-8 record that season, it doesn't sound so great.

I'm not trying to rag on your team if the Rams are your team. I'm just sayin' that Kurt Warner leaving St. Louis was the beginning of the end of football in St. Louis.

Collier11
2/10/2010, 05:40 PM
they went from SB to 12-4 to 8-8 to horrible within 5 seasons of Warner

badger
2/10/2010, 05:48 PM
I'm not here to pick on poor Eielson! In fact, we all know that the NFL is cyclical! Thus, the Rams are only a few good players in free agency and the draft away from not sucking.Seriously, it happens to every team. Everyone sucks occasionally.

And really... if the Saints can win the Super Bowl, anyone can... are the Lions only a few years away? Gahhhh, this Packer fan hopes not.

Salt City Sooner
2/10/2010, 05:52 PM
It's the Bengals turn, dangit! Now that Montana's gone :mad: , ain't no way they don't win it once they're there.

JLEW1818
2/10/2010, 06:13 PM
Mike Vick LOL... here is what STEP's boy Walter says

FEB. 2 UPDATE: There have been rumors that the Rams will trade for QB Dog Killer. The bad news: My USA Today article (see below) will probably be scrapped because a move like that would mean that St. Louis won't draft Jimmy Clausen. The good news: I'll be able to make fun of the Rams for years.

The last time QB Dog Killer started a game was 2006. That season, he led the Falcons to a 7-9 record with a 52.6 completion percentage. He wasn't even a good quarterback three seasons ago. The Rams would have to be absolutely insane to trade for him. Then again, there's a reason this franchise has lost $250 million and won just six games in the last three years.

Collier11
2/10/2010, 06:15 PM
With a young and/or suspect OL you need a mobile QB and if nothing else Vick proved he can still move around

TXBOOMER
2/10/2010, 08:07 PM
It matters not. Oklahoma GM is gonna make more $ than Detroit GM in 2010.

Eielson
2/10/2010, 08:47 PM
On paper, the playoffs sound good. When you dig a little deeper and find that the Rams barely made the playoffs with an 8-8 record that season, it doesn't sound so great.

I'm not trying to rag on your team if the Rams are your team. I'm just sayin' that Kurt Warner leaving St. Louis was the beginning of the end of football in St. Louis.

2001 - 14-2 with Warner
2002 - 7-9, 0-6 with Warner, 6-0 with Bulger
2003 - 12-4, Bulger 12-3, Warner benched after first game
2004 - 8-8, Bulger lead Rams to playoff win, one more than those Packers had :P

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 10:19 PM
Mike Vick LOL... here is what STEP's boy Walter says

FEB. 2 UPDATE: There have been rumors that the Rams will trade for QB Dog Killer. The bad news: My USA Today article (see below) will probably be scrapped because a move like that would mean that St. Louis won't draft Jimmy Clausen. The good news: I'll be able to make fun of the Rams for years.

The last time QB Dog Killer started a game was 2006. That season, he led the Falcons to a 7-9 record with a 52.6 completion percentage. He wasn't even a good quarterback three seasons ago. The Rams would have to be absolutely insane to trade for him. Then again, there's a reason this franchise has lost $250 million and won just six games in the last three years.

Did I beat Walter to the punch on that story? lol....what a goob

Eielson
2/10/2010, 11:10 PM
I don't think I like this Walter guy. :(

JLEW1818
2/11/2010, 12:36 AM
Did I beat Walter to the punch on that story? lol....what a goob

dunno, he posted that Feb 2nd. u might have

either way dog killer?? how could anyone cheer for that worthless POS.

Collier11
2/11/2010, 02:56 AM
Rams have a buyer, being sold to a guy who wants to keep team in St.Louis

KingWKB
2/11/2010, 02:57 PM
Anyone see Skip Bayless rip on Gerald Mccoy today?

Collier11
2/11/2010, 03:15 PM
Skip Bayless is a waste of time, I dont know why anyone would watch or listen to him anymore, he is there to be outrageous and nothing more

starclassic tama
2/11/2010, 03:18 PM
what did he say about mccoy? i don't see how someone even as dumb as skip bayless could find anything to rip mccoy about...

rawlingsHOH
2/11/2010, 03:38 PM
Anyone see Skip Bayless rip on Gerald Mccoy today?
just like he constantly took shots at peterson. it's his m.o.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2010, 03:40 PM
I don't watch ESPN unless Im watching a game

Collier11
2/11/2010, 03:43 PM
Sportscenter, PTI, and games...usually those are enough for me

JLEW1818
2/11/2010, 03:45 PM
i watch it all the time when I'm home.

PTI <Around the horn

1st and 10 is by far my fav. Skip Bayless

College Football Live

sports nation blows

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2010, 03:45 PM
I don't even watch sportscenter...its ruined basketball in my opinion and has too much influence on awards and polls

Collier11
2/11/2010, 04:13 PM
Jlew, first and 10 sucks azz, CFL is a good show

JLEW1818
2/11/2010, 04:15 PM
Tony Reali > Tony Kornheiser

Collier11
2/11/2010, 04:26 PM
Reali is a tool bag, I cant believe you would waste your time watching Skip, that guy is the biggest doosh on tv

Eielson
2/11/2010, 05:14 PM
Isn't PTI that show where Kornheiser and Wilbon scream and yell at eachother? I'm not a big fan.

Around the Horn can be alright at times. I don't like Reali, though.

Skip Bayless is a moron, and thus 1st and 10 sucks.

Sportscenter isn't perfect, but I like to watch it sometimes because it's the best place to get highlights. I could mute it and enjoy it just as much, though.

Eielson
2/11/2010, 05:16 PM
Oh, and I kinda like sports nation. I don't watch it to become more knowledgeable about sports, but it is kinda entertaining.

KingWKB
2/11/2010, 07:33 PM
I don't know how he calls himself an OU fan and rips on everyone from OU. I agree he is a joke. He basically was saying how dumb Mcshay is to put Gerald in front of Suh and was saying Suh was on another level. He also made reference to the worst defensive game of the season against Tech and said Gerald tends to disappear in games. Of course it doesn't matter what he says, don't think I know anyone who agrees with him.

Eielson
2/11/2010, 10:12 PM
I don't know how he calls himself an OU fan and rips on everyone from OU. I agree he is a joke. He basically was saying how dumb Mcshay is to put Gerald in front of Suh and was saying Suh was on another level. He also made reference to the worst defensive game of the season against Tech and said Gerald tends to disappear in games. Of course it doesn't matter what he says, don't think I know anyone who agrees with him.

300 pound men don't dissapear.

SoonerShay
2/12/2010, 12:08 AM
Skip Bayless was saying Darren McFadden was twice the back AD was coming out the tough SEC. Said he would be way better than AD in the NFL.

Dude seems to hate any sooner in the NFL, and now NBA, worth a flip. He was hating on Blake Griffin before too.

JLEW1818
2/12/2010, 12:31 AM
yep, he claims to be a Sooner Fan. he's from OKC.

i remember him saying he didn't trust us against tech in 2008.

but then against texas in 2009, he said we would win .

he did say the Magic would beat the Cavs in 6 last year.

he does say some way out there kinda stuff. but then again he is probably at the top of espns payroll. the dude does not even have to wear a tie.

Collier11
2/12/2010, 12:34 AM
He is far from the top of their payroll my friend, he does one lowly rated tv show and thats it. He is paid to say outrageous things, the only problem is that some of the things he says are so stupid that it doesnt even give him the desired effect

JLEW1818
2/12/2010, 01:07 AM
he is one of the biggest sports writers of all time.

Bayless was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The first child of John and Levita Bayless, he was named John Edward Bayless II on his birth certificate, but his father immediately began calling him Skip or Skipper. It stuck, and Skip Bayless was never called John by his parents. He eventually had his name legally changed to Skip. His brother is the chef, restaurant owner and TV personality Rick Bayless.

Bayless graduated from Northwest Classen High School and Vanderbilt University.

Bayless went directly from Vanderbilt to The Miami Herald, where he wrote sports features for two years before being hired away by the Los Angeles Times. There, he was best known for investigative stories on the Dodgers' clubhouse resentment of "golden boy" Steve Garvey and his celebrity wife Cyndy and on Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom's behind-the-scenes decisions to start different quarterbacks each week (James Harris, Pat Haden or Ron Jaworski). Bayless also won the Eclipse Award for his coverage of Seattle Slew's Triple Crown.

At 25, Bayless was hired by The Dallas Morning News to write its lead sports column, and two years later, the rival Dallas Times Herald hired him away by making him one of the country's highest paid sports columnists—prompting The Wall Street Journal to do a story on the development. Bayless was voted Texas sportswriter of the year three times.

In 1989, Bayless wrote God's Coach, about the rise and fall of Tom Landry's Dallas Cowboys. Following the Cowboys' Super Bowl victory in 1993, Bayless wrote The Boys, which broke the story that coach Jimmy Johnson and owner Jerry Jones were not "best friends" and correctly predicted that Jones would fire Johnson no matter how much success the team had. (Jones fired Johnson after the Cowboys won another Super Bowl the following year.)

Following a third Cowboys Super Bowl win in four seasons, Bayless wrote the third and final book of his Cowboys trilogy, Hell-Bent: The Crazy Truth About the "Win or Else" Dallas Cowboys. He created a controversy when he speculated that Troy Aikman might be gay. Aikman spoke at length to Bayless for the book, stating he was not gay and also refuting a claim (from then-head coach Barry Switzer) that the quarterback used a racial slur in criticizing receiver Kevin Williams during a game and that the quarterback was trying to get Switzer fired and Norv Turner hired as Cowboys coach. The book is about the season-long clash between Aikman and Switzer. Bayless reported that Aikman refused to speak to Switzer from December 4 of that 1995 season through the Super Bowl, which the Cowboys won.

After covering the Cowboys through the 1996 season, Bayless chose to leave Dallas after 17 years and become the lead sports columnist for the Chicago Tribune. In his first year in Chicago, Bayless won the Lisagor Award for excellence in sports column writing and was voted Illinois sportswriter of the year.

Bayless eventually had a highly publicized dispute with the Tribune's executive editor, Ann Marie Lipinski, over limiting all Tribune columns to just 650 or so words. Bayless quit over the policy and was immediately hired by Knight Ridder Corporation to write for its flagship newspaper, the San Jose Mercury News. While in San Jose, Bayless became a fixture on ESPN's Rome is Burning and in a weekly Sunday Morning SportsCenter debate with Stephen A. Smith, "Old School/Nu Skool." ESPN hired Bayless full-time in 2004 to team with Woody Paige on ESPN2's Cold Pizza and to write columns for ESPN.com. In 2007, Bayless stopped writing columns to concentrate on what is now called First Take (formerly Cold Pizza) and on ESPN's afternoon show, First and 10, as well as increased presence on ESPN's 6 p.m. SportsCenter with segments such as "The Budweiser Hotseat".

In 2008, after much controversy surrounding the 2008 Summer Olympics, Bayless suggested ending U.S. participation in all Olympic games. Bayless proposed creating a U.S.-only Olympics because he believed all professional sports talent was already concentrated in America.

Radio and television

Skip Bayless has occasionally substituted as host for syndicated radio program The Jim Rome Show. He has also previously contributed to ESPN as a recurring panelist on The Sports Reporters, NFL Prime Monday (now ESPN Monday Night Countdown) in the 1990s, and Jim Rome is Burning. For three years (1998-2001), Bayless was a contributor at major championships for the Golf Channel.
[edit] KTCK Sports Radio 1310 "The Ticket"

In 1994 Bayless left his show at KLIF in Dallas to help start the city's first sports talk radio station, KTCK Sports Radio 1310, "The Ticket." For two years Bayless was the solo host on the 6-9 a.m. morning show as "the Ticket" became one of the country's most successful sports stations. Bayless also was an original investor and when the ownership decided to accept a lucrative offer to sell the station, the new owners bought out Bayless' contract. He immediately became a regular on ESPN Radio's first national show, The Fabulous Sports Babe, and later co-hosted a weekend show on ESPN Radio with Larry Beil. He was also a regular on Chet Coppock's show on Sporting News Radio. For three years he was the primary guest host on The Jim Rome Show.
[edit] Cold Pizza/ESPN First Take

Bayless is featured in debate segments on what is now known as First Take and the segments are re-aired as First and 10 in the afternoons. Bayless debates the day's 10 hottest sports topics with a rotation of sportswriters and ex-athletes including Stephen A. Smith, Greg Anthony, Jalen Rose, Marcellus Wiley, Shaun King and 2 Live Stews (Ryan and Doug Stewart). Donovan McNabb, rappers Lil Wayne and Bow Wow, and Donnie Wahlberg also have taken on Bayless. He has also taken on Chad Ochocinco twice, once during the preseason in the Cinncinati Bengals lockeroom and the second took place in Bristol on October 29, 2009 during the Bengals bye week.

Bayless, who has called himself "the conscience" of the show, is known for taking unpopular stances on issues discussed on the show. For example, he has extensively criticized Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James for his inability to make clutch shots or live up to his reputation as one of the league's preeminent stars. This typically draws strong disagreement from co-host Jay Crawford, an Ohio native and Cavaliers fan. Bayless mockingly refers to the player as "Prince James" (a derivation of his actual nickname "King James"), James' team as the "Non-Lebrons" in order to show how awful they are without his play, and derides the star constantly on the show. His criticism of James reached its peak in the 2007 NBA Finals, as the San Antonio Spurs swept James' Cavaliers. James has not responded to Bayless' criticism as of yet.

I'm sure ESPN gives him a nice paycheck. He does a 2 hour program everyday. Even tho its really only about 30 minutes of him.

Jello Biafra
2/12/2010, 09:24 AM

cmon now...hart could come back and play ;)

rawlingsHOH
2/12/2010, 09:35 AM
Skip Bayless was saying Darren McFadden was twice the back AD was coming out the tough SEC. Said he would be way better than AD in the NFL.

Dude seems to hate any sooner in the NFL, and now NBA, worth a flip. He was hating on Blake Griffin before too.

Yep, he will pretext anytime he rips a Sooner by saying, "I'm an OU fan, and it pains me to say this".....

barf

goingoneight
2/12/2010, 01:16 PM
Gerald might have "disappeared" against Tech... but at least he didn't do it on his home field like Suh did. Howsaboot that, Skippy?

FTR, I would take Suh first, though both are great D-Linemen.

Jello Biafra
2/12/2010, 02:25 PM
Gerald might have "disappeared" against Tech... but at least he didn't do it on his home field like Suh did. Howsaboot that, Skippy?

FTR, I would take Suh first, though both are great D-Linemen.

skip wouldn't know the first thing about playing dline if it came up to him from behind, put him in a full nelson and prison sechts him until he sobbed quietly.

techs offense causes us to change our needs for defense. meaning, the offense doesnt really give us good time to rush the pass. the ball is gone too quick. more times than not, mccoy was doubled and he still managed to get 3 total tackles, a sack (for -11 yard )and broke up a pass.

the only ones in that game who did better than him was:

taylor (with one more tackle than him and likely because mccoy was doubelteamed)
brian jackson
austin box
dom franks
quinton carter
keenan clayton
johnathon nelson
travis lewis

with the exception of taylor, all of these guys go largely unblocked so id say mccoy more than did his job fighting off a block and in some cases a double team while still managing the numbers he did.
i think the important stat to look at here is the fact that both of our starting Dends finished the game with lower stats than him.

suck that skipper.

Collier11
2/12/2010, 02:30 PM
he is one of the biggest sports writers of all time.

ROFLMAO

boomermagic
2/12/2010, 04:54 PM
If I had an nfl team I would want both Suh and McCoy.

badger
2/12/2010, 05:15 PM
Yep, he will pretext anytime he rips a Sooner by saying, "I'm an OU fan, and it pains me to say this".....

barf

Except he probably is. Isn't he from this area?

Anyway, everyone has their annoying little prefixes. Bob Stoops' is "I'm not going to sit here and say..." :D

Eielson
2/12/2010, 05:21 PM
Skip Bayless is a moron. If he isn't, he does a really good job of faking it.

bluedogok
2/13/2010, 12:14 AM
Bayless was a "freelancer" after the Times-Herald closed up shop and was sold to Belo (DMN) who didn't hire him back. I was living in Dallas during the time and it was a pretty public spat.

He is a Vanderbilt guy, he has never been an "OU fan" in all of his print/TV work...that is just a line he uses before going onto bash something.

Collier11
2/13/2010, 12:15 AM
yep, just cus he is from OK doesnt make him a true fan, he is full of ****e

SoonerShay
5/27/2014, 06:23 PM
Gerald K McCoy now the top rated Dtackle in the league, according to ProFootballFocus

What makes McCoy’s performance so impressive is that he was doing it with virtually no help from anyone else on the Buccaneers’ front. Really, it’s tough to overstate how much McCoy was on his own there. He ended the season with a +57.3 grade overall, but was the only Tampa Bay defensive lineman to earn a positive grade for the season. The rest combined for a -84.7 grade!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/15/the-pff-101-no-4-gerald-mccoy/

McCoy finally got healthy for a full season and showed why many people thought he was the best defensive tackle available in his draft class and not Ndamukong Suh.

badger
5/28/2014, 08:29 AM
2001 - 14-2 with Warner
2002 - 7-9, 0-6 with Warner, 6-0 with Bulger
2003 - 12-4, Bulger 12-3, Warner benched after first game
2004 - 8-8, Bulger lead Rams to playoff win, one more than those Packers had :P

I see the 2010 version of badger also ragged on your Rams, Eielson. Nice to know that I'm being consistent I guess

Eielson
5/28/2014, 01:43 PM
Once a vadj, always a vadj.

badger
5/28/2014, 03:01 PM
The v and the b are next to each other on most computer keyboards so I am going to assume that you just typoed mistakenly :mad:

birddog
5/28/2014, 10:15 PM
The v and the b are next to each other for women too. That's how I read it initially. :)

Eielson
5/29/2014, 08:11 AM
The v and the b are next to each other on most computer keyboards so I am going to assume that you just typoed mistakenly :mad:

Oh of course! :angel:

BoulderSooner79
5/29/2014, 09:45 AM
The v and the b are next to each other for women too. That's how I read it initially. :)

But the t taint between the v and b on my keyboard.

badger
5/29/2014, 10:54 AM
Hey I got an idea... let's talk GK because that's what this thread is about!

He's reportedly entering contract talks with the Bucs as his rookie deal nears its end. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353234/article/report-buccaneers-gerald-mccoy-open-contract-talks)

McCoy is scheduled to earn roughly $15 million in the final year of his rookie contract. A new deal would ostensibly lower his salary cap number for this season.

It will be interesting to see if McCoy waits for Ndamukong Suh to sign a new deal in Detroit and set the new three-technique defensive tackle market. Both players will top the the five-year, $55 million deal signed by Geno Atkins last September.

I am only worried because of the coach behind the negotiations: Lovie Smith. What was once a little OU-to-NFL pipeline up in Chicago seemed to end too early with some hard feelings.

GK also had some nice things to say about Tampa's defense: (http://www.wtsp.com/story/sports/nfl/buccaneers/2014/05/27/gerald-mccoy-is-shining-in-lovie-smiths-defense/9642705/)

McCoy had the best season of his career a year ago racking up 35 tackles and 9.5 sacks. He's excited to be in Smith's new defensive plans.

"I love it. It's just up the field penetrating front, cover two coverage and it really just depends on the defensive line to take care of the pass game," he said. "They always tell us if you're not rushing, you're stealing. We've got to get to the quarterback and it makes it easier on everybody else."

Is Lovie a red flag for any of you guys? He had da bears in decent postseason position most years and just never got them a Super Bowl ring... but to be fair, da bears have only won one Super Bowl ever, so it's not like they should expect more or anything :P bear down you sucky bears

Eielson
5/29/2014, 05:55 PM
Lovie's the best for GK. He's as good as it gets on defense. I don't think many of those Bear teams were underachieving. The fact that he got them in such good position was usually pretty impressive. His biggest scoring threat for a few years was his punt returner.

Sooner in Tampa
5/30/2014, 08:44 AM
Gerald is going to get paid...no doubt about. The ONLY two players in this town who are untouchable is GMC and Lavonte David...two Big XII guys. Gerald is generally loved in this city (every team has moron haters) and it is just assumed he is going to get about $12M a yr for 5 years...or in that ballpark.

He should flourish even more under Lovie (GMC was a Pro Bowl and All Pro DT last yr) as well as the additions to the defense. GMC 'should' be monster this yr.

SIDENOTE: GMC is already being paid quite well ($10M yr) but I have got say...he is the most down to earth and easy to talk guy on the planet. I have been lucky enough to spend a good deal of time with GMC, Ebony (wife), and his pops...salt of the earth people.

badger
5/30/2014, 10:18 AM
Gerald is going to get paid...no doubt about. The ONLY two players in this town who are untouchable is GMC and Lavonte David...two Big XII guys. Gerald is generally loved in this city (every team has moron haters) and it is just assumed he is going to get about $12M a yr for 5 years...or in that ballpark.

He should flourish even more under Lovie (GMC was a Pro Bowl and All Pro DT last yr) as well as the additions to the defense. GMC 'should' be monster this yr.

SIDENOTE: GMC is already being paid quite well ($10M yr) but I have got say...he is the most down to earth and easy to talk guy on the planet. I have been lucky enough to spend a good deal of time with GMC, Ebony (wife), and his pops...salt of the earth people.

I don't think anyone that has ever met him off the field could hate our big Sooner teddy bear. I remember when he came back a year after he left for the NFL dressed as the horse pig at a women's basketball game (stupid Baylor beat us that night if I recall correctly). You all are very lucky to have him on the field and off.

I wonder if $15 mil will be the starting point though, since I thought I read somewhere that his final rookie contract year was for $15 mil. Would he accept a pay cut from that rookie deal for another longterm (ish) deal? I know it's possible, as those rookie deals back when GK was drafted were insane

Sooner in Tampa
5/30/2014, 11:37 AM
GMC is making $15M this year...but it just the way his contract is structured...he has a base of $12.7M up from $8M last year. His option year (2015) is only $5M...so there is no way in hell he plays that out

Geno Atkins (Bengals) just signed for a little over $11M...GMC will be north of that...around $12M. I just thing $15M is a bridge too far for a DT in the NFL. The whole thing will hinge on 'guaranteed money' I am almost sure of it.

mojorisen2014
5/30/2014, 06:57 PM
My son and I got the chance today to meet Gerald and that guy is the real deal. Super nice to both of us. Glad he is an okie.

King Crimson
6/1/2014, 10:36 AM
pretty amazing we had 3 of the top 4 picks in 2010.

big fan of Gerald McCoy. Great Sooner.

I still think we were better than Florida. But, hey, we won a bunch we weren't better too. that's Oklahoma football. and Demarco Murray out.

their dbacks have to respect the swing pass more...etc....i digress. not bitter at all.

Ton Loc
6/2/2014, 09:40 AM
Gerald is about to get paid and he deserves it. Great guy, great player and loved by everyone that meets him.

Small aside: ESPN was in town this weekend filming and interviewing Gerald and his family. Their last day was Sunday so it should be out pretty soon.