PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Hartley at the Saints' victory parade

TUSooner
2/10/2010, 01:01 PM
Here is Hartley at the end of the victory parade last night. I screamed "Boomer Sooner" at him for a full minute without getting his attention. He was having a swell old time, chatting on the mike and whatnot. It was cold and windy, but he seemed well winterized with alcohol.

By the way, the kickers' float was a giant shoe, borrowed from the women's krewe of Muses.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4107/garretthartley.jpg (http://img691.imageshack.us/i/garretthartley.jpg/)

Traffic was AWFUL but I never looked at my watch, and I had a blast. Drank 6 pints of beer in the streets and finished the night off by sharing a few dozen oysters (raw, char-grilled, and en brochette) with some friends.

(It almost took the sting out of my daughter's cruel and unlucky soccer playoff loss that ended her season and her HS career earlier that afternoon :( )

EDIT: Feel like a crumnbly old dog turd today though. ;)

TUSooner
2/10/2010, 01:41 PM
pathetic, self-serving bump

badger
2/10/2010, 01:52 PM
thanks for sharing. did you get to see any of the other sooners? did chase daniel try to soak in drew brees' applause and adulation like the fans were actually cheering for him when the QB float went by?

TUSooner
2/10/2010, 02:23 PM
thanks for sharing. did you get to see any of the other sooners? did chase daniel try to soak in drew brees' applause and adulation like the fans were actually cheering for him when the QB float went by?

I did see Chase. He was enjoying himself and acting like people knew who he was. He was on the float with Brees and back-up mark Brunell. Above Brunell below Brees.

OUDoc
2/10/2010, 02:25 PM
Were you on acid? 'Cuz that picture looks like someone was on acid.
Just sayin'.

Pigface1
2/10/2010, 02:37 PM
See any breastesses?

TUSooner
2/10/2010, 02:39 PM
Were you on acid? 'Cuz that picture looks like someone was on acid.
Just sayin'.

The picture quality was the result of Miller High Life + cell phone camera + cold wind + jostling crowd. And it was the only picure of 6 that is even recognizable. I tried to get Payton showing off the Lombardi Trophy (which he did in a great way) but I was a little too far away.

I know a lot of people couldn't care less, and some onviously hate the whole thing for various reasons. That's fine. But this has been an absolutely awesome month to live in New Orleans, especially since Sunday night.
:D :D :D :D

TUSooner
2/10/2010, 02:41 PM
See any breastesses?

D00D. It was TOO COLD ! :D

SoonerLB
2/10/2010, 02:42 PM
The very thought of Booger Boy basking in Super Bowl glory brings on feelings of pukage. The closest he should get to any victory parade is picking up the horse droppings after it is over. Just sayin'.

yankee
2/10/2010, 03:35 PM

i know you're being halfway facetious, but chase isn't that type of person, i can personally attest.

Widescreen
2/10/2010, 03:39 PM
Here is Hartley at the end of the victory parade last night. I screamed "Boomer Sooner" at him for a full minute without getting his attention.

You should've screamed

BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!

He would've thought he'd just won the Heisman.

Chuck Bao
2/10/2010, 03:49 PM
Here is Hartley at the end of the victory parade last night. I screamed "Boomer Sooner" at him for a full minute without getting his attention. He was having a swell old time, chatting on the mike and whatnot. It was cold and windy, but he seemed well winterized with alcohol.

By the way, the kickers' float was a giant shoe, borrowed from the women's krewe of Muses.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4107/garretthartley.jpg (http://img691.imageshack.us/i/garretthartley.jpg/)

Traffic was AWFUL but I never looked at my watch, and I had a blast. Drank 6 pints of beer in the streets and finished the night off by sharing a few dozen oysters (raw, char-grilled, and en brochette) with some friends.

(It almost took the sting out of my daughter's cruel and unlucky soccer playoff loss that ended her season and her HS career earlier that afternoon :( )

EDIT: Feel like a crumnbly old dog turd today though. ;)

TU Sooner, that is so cool. Thanks for sharing it with us. I would have loved to have been there.

freshchris05
2/10/2010, 03:55 PM
(It almost took the sting out of my daughter's cruel and unlucky soccer playoff loss that ended her season and her HS career earlier that afternoon :()

So uh... where are the pictures of this high school girls soccer game we speak of?

:texan: :pop:

:D :P

IB4OU2
2/10/2010, 04:41 PM
So uh... where are the pictures of this high school girls soccer game we speak of?

:texan: :pop:

:D :P

Would that be you Stanley1?

badger
2/10/2010, 04:45 PM
i know you're being halfway facetious, but chase isn't that type of person, i can personally attest.

:D We have had so much fun with Chase over the years here :D

The reason I brought that up was because he made the front page of ESPN.com yesterday... in a picture of Drew Brees :P

yankee
2/10/2010, 05:23 PM
:D We have had so much fun with Chase over the years here :D

The reason I brought that up was because he made the front page of ESPN.com yesterday... in a picture of Drew Brees :P

i can only imagine. it was hard for me because chase graduated from my high school and i've met him on different occasions...i always hoped he'd do well against us, just not well enough to win. they never beat us, but i'm not so sure he played that well. :P

cccasooner2
2/10/2010, 06:54 PM

Nippley weather?

PLaw
2/10/2010, 08:16 PM

Jest right for a little THO

TXBOOMER
2/10/2010, 08:17 PM
I screamed Boomer Sooner as a drunk 18 year old at Scott Case and Tony Casillas during a preseason game when they were in Atlanta sitting on the bench together. Tony C turned around and gave me the upside downs whorns sign, Scott Case looked at me like I was an idiot (he may have been on to something). Made my day though when I was acknowledged by TC.

PLaw
2/10/2010, 08:17 PM
You should've screamed

BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!
BOOMER!

He would've thought he'd just won the Heisman.

Yeah, give him the BILLY!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/11/2010, 09:28 AM
So were you screaming Boomer Sooner like that Tech "Goooo Raiders" dude?

Dio
2/11/2010, 05:58 PM
Nice!