PDA

View Full Version : Feb 11 - What is Ahmadinejad up to?

landrun
2/9/2010, 11:07 PM
There's been a lot being said about Ahmadinejad's warnings to the west.

It appears the pentagon thinks this guy is really going to try something.
If he attacks Israel .... I don't even want to think about it. :(

Is he just taking trash like Saddam did before the Gulf war? Or is really crazy enough to attack us or Israel?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/286806

Ahmadinejad threatens western nations in face of Feb 11 protests

February 11 marks the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran, but Iran's president is now threatening the west that the 11th will mark a strike against 'global arrogance.'
With Iranian opposition leaders urging Iran's citizens to mark the February 11 anniversary of the Islamic Revolution as a symbol of freedom and of broad protest against the regime, Iran's President Ahmadinejad warned western powers that he intends to strike against their "global arrogance" on February 11th.
Iranian state television and the Iranian government did not offer any further explanation for Mr. Ahmadinejad's comments.
Opposition leaders in Iran met on Saturday to discuss the current regime's tightening grip on Iranian society.
"The widespread arrests of political activists and university students, the silencing of the media, and the forced confessions of prisoners are against the principles of Islam and the constitution of Iran," the leaders said in a statement. on their web site, according to CNN.
Meanwhile, the United States has stepped up area defenses - importing sea and air missile defense systems to counter the Iranian threat. The U.S. has also committed a number of ships to the region.

rwryne
2/9/2010, 11:18 PM
All bark, no bite.

Breadburner
2/9/2010, 11:47 PM
Israel will F.U.B.A.R his ***.......

Crucifax Autumn
2/10/2010, 12:02 AM
That goofball is about as frightening as a midget wielding a dildo and way less credible.

ouwasp
2/10/2010, 12:30 AM
I say more huffing and puffing, at least on the international stage.

He may stage a mass execution of some of the rioters, saying they are pawns of the Great Satan...:mad:

In the meantime, Iran, the Teflon Nation, keeps on thumbing its nose... and our foreign policy since 1979 remains intact:
Sit on hands
Now wring hands
Repeat

olevetonahill
2/10/2010, 12:35 AM
He may not skeer us , But the Mullahs there are sure letting him get away with terrifying the reg. Peeps
While hes wasting Billions the peeps are going with out.

tommieharris91
2/10/2010, 02:07 AM
His last rant was about money-grabbing liberal Marxists. :confused:

Collier11
2/10/2010, 02:08 AM
Maybe im wrong but doesnt Israel have a great Army?

Crucifax Autumn
2/10/2010, 02:37 AM
Supposedly...As long as they are either full on invading or staying well within their borders. The army won't matter much though if Iran ****s with them. They will just bomb the **** out of them.

MrJimBeam
2/10/2010, 06:13 AM

Israel has to have a great army, every time they go to war it's for the survival of their race.

AlbqSooner
2/10/2010, 07:02 AM
His last rant was about money-grabbing liberal Marxists. :confused:

He posts on the SO? What is his screen name?

SoonerProphet
2/10/2010, 10:09 AM
maybe he has been reading the left behind series.

OklahomaTuba
2/10/2010, 10:19 AM
I'm betting that he will announce Iran has just switched to GEICO and saved 15% on their car insurance.

Crucifax Autumn
2/10/2010, 10:50 AM
Israel has to have a great army, every time they go to war it's for the survival of their race.

I'm still trying to figure out when a religion became a race. When I fill out forms it never asks for race with the choices being Caucasion /Black /Indian /Baptist /Catholic /Muslim /Jew.

:confused:

SoonerProphet
2/10/2010, 11:47 AM
I'm still trying to figure out when a religion became a race. When I fill out forms it never asks for race with the choices being Caucasion /Black /Indian /Baptist /Catholic /Muslim /Jew.

In addition to that, I think more Jewish folks live here in the States than they do in Israel.

Howzit
2/10/2010, 11:58 AM
This is all to deflect media attention away from the anniversary of the revolution and any associated protests within Iran.

C&CDean
2/10/2010, 12:00 PM
Obama is just gonna go over there and suck his dick. You know, to show how not-arrogant we are. Meh.

JLEW1818
2/10/2010, 12:04 PM
whens the last time u got yours ?:eek: :pop:

homerSimpsonsBrain
2/10/2010, 12:13 PM
I'm predicting a vicious round of flag burning and "death to America" sing alongs. That'll teach us to mess with Imadinnerjacket!

Breadburner
2/10/2010, 12:21 PM

They got Nukes....And sometimes Nukes is all you need.....

Explodo
2/10/2010, 01:28 PM
A parade...A big assed Parade showing how unified the Iranian people are.

Or MAybe he starts up a reactor...or Fires off a ICBM.

But most likely...it'll be a unification parade.

TUSooner
2/10/2010, 01:32 PM
I'm betting that he will announce Iran has just switched to GEICO and saved 15% on their car insurance.

HEY!! Tuba said something funny! :D

It made me laugh.

IGotNoTiming
2/10/2010, 01:35 PM
My father who flew in the Air Force for 26 years spoke very highly of Israel's fighter pilots, saying they were probably the best in the world.

with regards to Iran they are about the same threat to us as Iraq was... which is none....

Bourbon St Sooner
2/10/2010, 02:49 PM
HEY!! Tuba said something funny! :D

It made me laugh.

Yep, I've seen that one a few times but it still gets a chuckle out of me.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/10/2010, 03:49 PM
When will the world step up (except for Israel) and recognize these nuts for what they are and want. Nutso theocrats and a nutso President that want an Persian/Islamic bomb to refind their long lost glory... (Pakistan only wants the bomb because of India - for now...).

They will not stop until they have a bomb.

I am told that Iran translated from Farsi means the equivalent of Aryan. I admit, I haven't looked it up, it makes sense as many Persians were also followers of Naziism during WWII - many of those have power today as they were anti-Shah.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/10/2010, 03:50 PM
Obama is just gonna go over there and suck his dick. You know, to show how not-arrogant we are. Meh.

No he would bow to him...

C&CDean
2/10/2010, 03:50 PM
Same difference.

JLEW1818
2/10/2010, 03:52 PM
he prlly has experience in both

SoonerProphet
2/10/2010, 04:34 PM
When will the world step up (except for Israel) and recognize these nuts for what they are and want. Nutso theocrats and a nutso President that want an Persian/Islamic bomb to refind their long lost glory... (Pakistan only wants the bomb because of India - for now...).

They will not stop until they have a bomb.

I am told that Iran translated from Farsi means the equivalent of Aryan. I admit, I haven't looked it up, it makes sense as many Persians were also followers of Naziism during WWII - many of those have power today as they were anti-Shah.

Perhaps the Persians want one because the Pakistani's and Indian's have one. I doubt a secular Iran would just abandon attempts to acquire nuclear technology and possibly weapons...the Shah was trying, and was an admirer of Nazism as well.

Okla-homey
2/11/2010, 12:14 PM
Sooner or later, we're going to have to sort things out in Iran. I happen to be of the pre-emptive strike school, but I don't think that tried and true approach gets much traction with the current pack of Pollyanna's running our country.

I wish and hope we are doing covert things to facilitate the popular revolution they're barely able to keep the lid on nowadays

MrJimBeam
2/12/2010, 07:03 AM

Well, whatever. Point is they gotta have a great army or they all get dead.

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2010, 08:13 AM
One thing people either forget or do not understand.

The President of Iran does not have the Power. The real power in Iran lies with the Supreme Leader.

The Supreme Leader has the final say in internal and foreign policy.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad cannot go to war or attack Isreal without the blessing of the Supreme Leader. So right now, his threats are nothing more than threats.

If Iran does do anything, then it was because the Supreme Leader said to, not because Ahmadinejad said too.

JohnnyMack
2/12/2010, 08:25 AM
I happen to be of the pre-emptive strike school

Lemme show you my shocked face.

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2010, 08:50 AM
Lemme show you my shocked face.

Will you show us your coward medals too?

JohnnyMack
2/12/2010, 09:12 AM
Will you show us your coward medals too?

I just don't really give a **** about protecting Israel and think our interests would be better served by minimizing our middle eastern footprint altogether.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/12/2010, 09:31 AM
Johnny,

I understand the minimized M.E. footprint. I agree with you. But Iran and the supreme leader will force this on us as we are the Great Satan. Regardless if we support Israel or not, we are a target and we should be thinking like that with them in mind.

What I don't understand is why Russia is protecting them so, Iran may turn on thme as well. But Russia probably thinks they can bomb/nuke'em and then take their gas and oil...

yermom
2/12/2010, 09:38 AM
are we all dead yet?

it's been 02/11 there for a long time now

C&CDean
2/12/2010, 09:44 AM
Dude didn't say 2/11 of what year.

badger
2/12/2010, 10:07 AM
Dude didn't say 2/11 of what year.

If he meant this year, I think there was news out yesterday of further uranium enrichment against further United States (or United Nations, I forget) sanctions. Crazy Ahmadinejad is off playing with his population's future... a population that mostly didn't vote for him, mind you.

If I were an Iranian, I'd be really afraid now... of both my leader and what other countries will do because of my leader.

Explodo
2/12/2010, 10:28 AM
I won the contest with the Prediction of a Parade.

swardboy
2/12/2010, 02:30 PM
No I win, 'cause I said.....nuthin'

delhalew
2/12/2010, 03:59 PM
All we have to is tell Isriel that we will back them politally and otherwise should they decide to handle them. They will decimate Iran and be glad to do it. Obama has no political will and continue being a bitch until Iran has nukes and uses them.
That's the f'ed up thing, we have to do very little.

Collier11
2/12/2010, 04:07 PM
Obama has often said our place is to be a reactive country, not a preemptive one

C&CDean
2/12/2010, 04:10 PM
Well I'm pretty sure it's been established that Obama is nutsack wart.

delhalew
2/12/2010, 04:20 PM
True enough, but my point was WE don't have to have preempt anything. We just have to quite yanking on Isreal's leash.