PDA

View Full Version : new depth chart

starclassic tama
2/9/2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html

i didn't know donald stephenson was even still on the team? also, wort is currently the starter at MLB. blew his knee out as a true freshman, and is still penciled in to start when we have guys with some experience? his upside must be unbelievable. other than that, doesn't look like too many surprises...

spatton713
2/9/2010, 06:24 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html

i didn't know donald stephenson was even still on the team? also, wort is currently the starter at MLB. blew his knee out as a true freshman, and is still penciled in to start when we have guys with some experience? his upside must be unbelievable. other than that, doesn't look like too many surprises...

it has travis lewis as a senior, isnt he a junior?

OK2U
2/9/2010, 06:32 PM
Ikard as backup center is interesting
Nelson back to CB
Hurst as a punt returner

pappy
2/9/2010, 08:33 PM
I'm surprised to see justin chaisson as the #2 de instead of r.j. washington. Along with Ikard as the backup center. With woods on campus already I would assume that he will take over as the #2 center before spring is over though.

starclassic tama
2/9/2010, 09:22 PM
it has travis lewis as a senior, isnt he a junior?

yes, that's a mistake. he is a redshirt junior this upcoming season.

JLEW1818
2/9/2010, 09:27 PM
oh sheet. we gonna be in trouble with the NCAA, they finds this out

stoops the eternal pimp
2/9/2010, 09:30 PM
Im really concerned about that LT spot....Hopefully Stephenson now doesnt resembled the guy from the oklahoma drills a summer ago....But Jarvis Jones cant cut it

JLEW1818
2/9/2010, 09:32 PM
last year i say our online was a "D" ranking

all I'm hoping for is a "B" this year

stoops the eternal pimp
2/9/2010, 09:34 PM
if its the same guys out there....i wont believe a good thing I hear about them this off season...

JLEW1818
2/9/2010, 09:41 PM
if its the same guys out there....i wont believe a good thing I hear about them this off season...

ditto

i remember game 1, when i was at the BYU game. Flags just flying up as soon as the game started it seemed....

i was a lil tipsy tho :)

yermom
2/9/2010, 09:43 PM
i wasn't and they were

JLEW1818
2/9/2010, 09:43 PM
i wasn't and they were

do you remember how many on the first drive?

DenverSooner751
2/9/2010, 09:58 PM
If I remember there were 3 in a row at one point....

starclassic tama
2/9/2010, 10:02 PM
Im really concerned about that LT spot....Hopefully Stephenson now doesnt resembled the guy from the oklahoma drills a summer ago....But Jarvis Jones cant cut it

i'm just as concerned about the RT spot. cory brandon hasn't shown a single thing other than an ability to get flagged. stephen good is obviously a concern too.

oudavid1
2/9/2010, 10:50 PM
Jaz Reynolds! I see some real talent in this kid, and it looks like the coaches see something too.

rawlingsHOH
2/9/2010, 11:09 PM

And he was such a scout team monster in 2008. Everyone raved.

rawlingsHOH
2/9/2010, 11:10 PM
i'm just as concerned about the RT spot. cory brandon hasn't shown a single thing other than an ability to get flagged. stephen good is obviously a concern too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up our best lineman next season.

rawlingsHOH
2/9/2010, 11:12 PM
WR 24 Dejuan Miller Jr. 6-4 224
8 Brandon Caleb Sr. 6-1 187

WR 16 Jaz Reynolds So. 6-2 181
6 Cameron Kenney Sr. 6-1 190

SL 85 Ryan Broyles Jr. 5-11 178
17 Mossis Madu Sr. 6-0 200
:)

Tigeman
2/9/2010, 11:14 PM

KW is that you? :P ;)

rawlingsHOH
SLB 56 Ronnell Lewis So. 6-2 234
12 Austin Box Jr. 6-2 220

MLB 42 Tom Wort R-Fr. 6-0 220
31 Daniel Franklin So. 6-2 219

WLB 28 Travis Lewis Sr. 6-2 232
55 Jaydan Bird So. 6-1 227
Our SLB has been our nickel position the past couple seasons. Ronnell doesn't fit that role. I'd think he'd go to one of the inside spots.

starclassic tama

i sure hope so, and he was a monster recruit. i just didn't see anything last year that would suggest that.

rawlingsHOH
2/9/2010, 11:15 PM
KW is that you? :P ;)

I saw enough flashes late last season. He needs to refine his pass technique, but he has some nasty in the run game.

starclassic tama
2/9/2010, 11:17 PM
i remember a baylor lineman ripping through him like it was me out there two plays in a row and trent williams getting in his ear pretty nasty.

BoulderSooner79
2/9/2010, 11:23 PM
*very* young roster. Add that to the incoming class and watch out for '11-'12

Crucifax Autumn
2/9/2010, 11:32 PM
I'm surprised to see justin chaisson as the #2 de instead of r.j. washington.

IT's because he's that freakin' good. Don't be surprised if that kid's making a huge impact by midseason.

rawlingsHOH
2/10/2010, 12:34 AM
i remember a baylor lineman ripping through him like it was me out there two plays in a row and trent williams getting in his ear pretty nasty.

yep, definitely struggled with his pick-ups. especially early in the year/baylor.

We'll see. I bet he's good.

JLEW1818
2/10/2010, 01:16 AM
come on Brandon Caleb, freaking earn and want something this offseason.. be the Manny Johnson, the for sure number 2

KingDavid
2/10/2010, 01:29 AM
The only thing keeping Donald Stephenson from being all-conference (or better) is the space between his ears. He's been in the doghouse for at least a year.

It's a very good sign that he's listed here at all . . . even moreso that the coaches put him in the starting line-up.

I have very high hopes for this offensive line. I beg to differ with those who think Corey Brandon is a liability. He was getting his first meaningful PT when he was getting all those flags. That kid has NFL athleticism and now, as I believe his progress at the end of the year started to indicate, he's got enough experience to let it shine.

Good has something to prove, and he can do it.

Habern is great.

Bigges critique of the line has to be the depth. We're only an injury or two away from a patch-work offensive line . . . and more trouble for Landry Jones and company.

I agree with whoever said 2011 and 2012 look good . . . but next year if we're going to do much, we're going to need to get as lucky on avoiding injuries as we were unlucky at getting them this year.

starclassic tama
2/10/2010, 01:36 AM
and that's how you pump sunshine folks

sooner94
2/10/2010, 02:01 AM
So does Adrian Taylor being listed as the projected starter mean his broken leg is healing well? That was a pretty bad injury.

oudavid1
2/10/2010, 02:33 AM
Stoops said Adrian Taylor will miss Spring Ball for sure, so we will get a chance to see the youngins a lil more. But he is the guy as of right meow

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 09:19 AM
And he was such a scout team monster in 2008. Everyone raved.

Yeah, this whole Oline was raved about before the season started...

gaylordfan1
2/10/2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah, none of us will be that confident in this o-line until after the 2nd or 3rd game next season!

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 09:28 AM
or the 6th or 7th...or when the season is over

gaylordfan1
2/10/2010, 09:31 AM
agreed.... but i'm always up to being pleasantly surprised!

rawlingsHOH
2/10/2010, 09:44 AM

Actually Stoops called them out pretty good.

Wilson was the one talking them up. Though he may have just been trying to lift their confidence.

pweitkem
2/10/2010, 09:52 AM
I'm willing to bet the Lewis, Lewis, Wort tandem at linebacker will be seen as one of the greatest in college fb history. Heck, Austin Box is a backup and he'd be the #1 defensive player on 75% of the teams in D1.

gaylordfan1
2/10/2010, 09:54 AM
I wonder what steps Bobby is implementing this off season to remedy the o-line problem... What needs to be done? You can't plan for injuries... but do they work people in different positions just in case?

soonerfan28
2/10/2010, 10:20 AM
Who's more likely to start? Ibiloye or Proctor?

NYHorsepig
2/10/2010, 10:26 AM
I wonder what steps Bobby is implementing this off season to remedy the o-line problem... What needs to be done? You can't plan for injuries... but do they work people in different positions just in case?

As bad as everyone thinks the OLine was last year ( and they were ) they definitely made progress as the season went on. Just think of them in the Stanford game as opposed to the BYU game. Thats called growth folks.
I think with another Spring and Fall to practice. The infusion of one or two kids most notably Irwin to supply a little depth...we'll see a big difference between this years unit and last years.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/10/2010, 10:34 AM
I'm willing to bet the Lewis, Lewis, Wort tandem at linebacker will be seen as one of the greatest in college fb history. Heck, Austin Box is a backup and he'd be the #1 defensive player on 75% of the teams in D1.

thanks for starting my morning off with a laugh. if someone beats out lewis then you may have a case.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/10/2010, 10:36 AM

bah, you HAVE to have a good center to be a good OL. not to mention i think the DL was sandbagging.

NOVSooner
2/10/2010, 10:45 AM
*very* young roster. Add that to the incoming class and watch out for '11-'12

i thought the same thing looking at that depth chart, how young we are...next year hopefully will be good but 2 years from now, seems scary good!

oudavid1
2/10/2010, 11:32 AM
Who's more likely to start? Ibiloye or Proctor?

Proctor for sure, he played well last year with only a few slip ups. But a postion battles are always fun and breed more talent and push guys harder.

EDIT: Im in class on this stupid MAC keyboard so stuffs gonna be mispelled

JLEW1818
2/10/2010, 11:37 AM
I want Jenks boy to show us something

starclassic tama
2/10/2010, 01:45 PM
bah, you HAVE to have a good center to be a good OL. not to mention i think the DL was sandbagging.

don't tell that to 75. he ripped me last summer when i said the center position and o-line in general could cost us a title. he said it's the easiest position on the line to replace therefore least important.

badger
2/10/2010, 01:49 PM
I wonder what the mindset is behind posting the depth chart in February for the whole world to see. To promote competition? To make the fans happy? To give the media something to talk about?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/10/2010, 01:58 PM
don't tell that to 75. he ripped me last summer when i said the center position and o-line in general could cost us a title. he said it's the easiest position on the line to replace therefore least important.

yeah, i got my share when i mentioned that texas would be dangerous by returning the all big 12 center.

in college football to have a good OL, you need a good center. to have a great OL, you need a center who can block a DT one on one.

OK2U
2/10/2010, 02:46 PM
I wonder what the mindset is behind posting the depth chart in February for the whole world to see. To promote competition? To make the fans happy? To give the media something to talk about?

Stoops is a great motivator. I would think he's using it as a tool to keep the boys working hard through winter workouts.

BTW, is anyone else concerned about the height of our CB's next year? BJ seemed to use his height and long armsto his advantage, Hurst may have speed, but does he have hops?

OK2U
2/10/2010, 02:47 PM
Soonersports.com:

JERSEY NUMBERS
The five early football enrollees received their jersey numbers today. All five will participate in spring practice with the Sooners which begins March 8. OU also released a tentative spring depth chart. SoonerSports.com will provide complete coverage of OU Pro Day, 2010 Spring Football and Sooners in the NFL Draft.

DB Tony Jefferson (Chula Vista, Calif.) - Jersey No. 1
WR Kenny Stills (Encinitas, Calif.) - Jersey No. 4
OL Austin Woods (Rockwall, Texas) - Jersey No. 50
OL Bronson Irwin (Mustang, Okla.) - Jersey No. 68
WR Sheldon McClain (Cibolo, Texas) - Jersey No. 88

starclassic tama
2/10/2010, 02:49 PM

we always do that. then it is updated periodically throughout time.

rawlingsHOH
2/10/2010, 03:59 PM

Almost always the answer.