PDA

View Full Version : So, do Prius drivers feel less smug nowadays?

Okla-homey
2/9/2010, 06:18 AM
Given Toyotas are generally now considered rolling machines of firey death with fatally-flawed brakes. And anyone who would transport their child in a Toyota is an irresponsible parent and is committing chilld abuse. And stuff*.;)

*at least that's the UAW position and it's governmental shills in the Obama administration and on NPR.

yermom
2/9/2010, 08:44 AM
i guess "the formula" needs some updating to include PR issues

i just wish i could still buy a car like my '85 Jetta. none of those funny electronics controlling everything, insane gas mileage and still fun to drive

SoonerJack
2/9/2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah, NPR had four stories about it this morning. My guess is that a higher percentage of smug Pious drivers are also NPR listeners. I mean, "environmentally conscious, socially responsible, verdant, peaceful NPR listeners" driving death traps ;-)

Okla-homey
2/9/2010, 09:21 AM
i guess "the formula" needs some updating to include PR issues

The funny part is, Toyota has smugly and completely ignored the lessons from the Audi "unintended acceleration" imbroglio and Audi's feckless and miserable corporate response to same back in the late 80's that devastated that brand for a decade.

StoopTroup
2/9/2010, 09:27 AM
Audis in pools was fun to watch. The holes in the backs of garages was funny too. It was sad people got hurt though (Outrage Disclaimer). :D

Boarder
2/9/2010, 10:58 AM
[America Hater] Weren't nothing wrong with those Toyota cars until they started making them outside Japan! [/America hater]

ouleaf
2/9/2010, 10:59 AM
SNL took a shot at Toyota and their recalls this past weekend on Weekend Update. It was a little funny. The joke was something along the lines of...

"When we asked Prius owners to stop by and comment on the current recalls, the owners replied"

"We can't stop!!!"

SunnySooner
2/9/2010, 11:02 AM
Ya know, you'd think they could figure this **** out before they build and sell a bajillion. I mean, isn't that sorta of their job?

Breadburner
2/9/2010, 11:32 AM
Prius now = Pinto......

Jacie
2/9/2010, 12:02 PM
Driving a Prius is now the worst of all worlds: sudden acceleration followed by no brakes. I bet the cup holders are going bad next . . .

ouduckhunter
2/9/2010, 01:38 PM
I like this thread! I've seen proud Prious owners driving around out here with home made signs in the rear windows bragging about their mileage.

Eco friendly, green teeth, tree huggin, NRA hatin hippies!

yermom
2/9/2010, 01:54 PM
i'm not really buying the ABS thing, btw, unless they just aren't describing it well in the media

StoopTroup
2/9/2010, 02:13 PM
If you get hit by a Prius Owner who has been notified and failed to quit driving the vehicle, is Toyota at fault? I'd say no.

GottaHavePride
2/9/2010, 03:33 PM
i'm not really buying the ABS thing, btw, unless they just aren't describing it well in the media

Sounds to me more like the Prius is more of a drive-by-wire car (computer-controlled accelerator and brakes, not direct mechanical linkages). And from the way this sounds (meaning, once I figure out what the newscasters should have said, since most of them - no offense VK - are modern day Ron Burgundys...) I think the software is just lagging when the driver hits the brake pedal.

GottaHavePride
2/9/2010, 03:34 PM

Sounds to me more like the Prius is more of a drive-by-wire car (computer-controlled accelerator and brakes, not direct mechanical linkages). And from the way this sounds (meaning, once I figure out what the newscasters should have said, since most of them - no offense VK - are modern day Ron Burgundys...) I think the software is just lagging when the driver hits the brake pedal.

Viking Kitten
2/9/2010, 03:57 PM
Go **** yourself, San Diego.:D

C&CDean
2/9/2010, 04:11 PM
Whale's vagina....

JohnnyMack
2/9/2010, 04:20 PM
mbfR3S6k8Pg

yermom
2/9/2010, 04:21 PM

i know my ABS acts funny when i hit bumps. it's kind of normal. unless it's REALLY bad in the Toyotas or something. i'm thinking they are doing some firmware upgrades about the other problem and saying it's the ABS

sometimes i should be wearing a tinfoil hat too though

goingoneight
2/9/2010, 04:42 PM
And so we go from South Park to Anchorman.

Nice.

Veritas
2/9/2010, 08:13 PM
Seeing a Prius on the road has always made me want to drive over them in a Hummer H1 that's covered in the fur of clubbed baby seals whilst burning a fuel mixture of styrofoam plates and old tires and cooled by good old fashioned freon.

So now I laugh in their silly green (with fear) faces.