PDA

View Full Version : Bradford to...

mOUse
2/8/2010, 11:26 PM
Philly??

Lots of chatter about Cleveland and Buffalo talking to Philly about dealing McNabb in a trade. Think maybe on draft day? To pick up a new qb at 7 or 9?
That would make me very popular among Cowboy fans down here in Dallas!
Maybe Sam could single handedly change Phillys thug image.;)

Just thought it was an interesting tidbit. I know McNabb and the Eagles (coaches) have gotten sideways over the past couple of years, so i think there may be some validity to the news.

LA.SoonerFan
2/8/2010, 11:39 PM
I heard the Vikings are working on a deal to get Sam so he can play next to AD. With one more year, Favre would hand over the job to Sam. It never hurts to dream.

yermom
2/8/2010, 11:42 PM
dammit. why the NFC East???

SteelClip49
2/9/2010, 01:35 AM
I despise the Vikings but damn how awesome would that be with Bradford and Peterson working together!!!

It would be just as awesome as Vince Young and Ricky Williams teaming up together.

soonerinabilene
2/9/2010, 07:03 AM
if philly trades mcnabb, they are going to go with kolb. they wont draft a qb.

Breadburner
2/9/2010, 07:45 AM
It would be just as awesome as Vince Young and Ricky Williams teaming up together.

Gag....

JLEW1818
2/9/2010, 07:52 AM

yah, I'd agree

yermom
2/9/2010, 08:33 AM

Gag....

you mean not awesome at all???

stoops the eternal pimp
2/9/2010, 09:21 AM
Kolb is the first QB in NFL history to get over 300 yards in each of his first 2 starts.....I would say he'll get his chance

StoopTroup
2/9/2010, 09:25 AM
I heard the Vikings are working on a deal to get Sam so he can play next to AD. With one more year, Favre would hand over the job to Sam. It never hurts to dream.

Then you didn't hear it actually....you dreamt it?

JLEW1818
2/9/2010, 09:45 AM
Kolb is the first QB in NFL history to get over 300 yards in each of his first 2 starts.....I would say he'll get his chance

H-town

oudavid1
2/9/2010, 11:29 AM
Reguardless of what happenes, I don't see Bradford starting his first year

goingoneight
2/9/2010, 01:31 PM

Not a first-rounder, but you'd have to think they'd need a #2 QB.

Red Ada
2/9/2010, 03:58 PM
Bradford was a great college quarterback. Like all OU quarterbacks
he will not make it as a NFL quaterback. Hopefully he will be drafted with
a nice contract and make himself some good money. He is to fragile, he
will not last long in the NFL.

Widescreen
2/9/2010, 04:15 PM
INCOMING!!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
2/9/2010, 04:22 PM
Red Ada is da man!!

Crimson Kid
2/9/2010, 05:09 PM
Any chance the phins could snag him?

BoulderSooner79
2/9/2010, 11:33 PM

There's no "hopefully" - Sam gets a very nice contract in a couple months. The only question is how large is "very nice".

Crucifax Autumn
2/9/2010, 11:46 PM

Thank God you came along. The last time I checked SF was getting a little low on dumbassery!

starclassic tama
2/10/2010, 12:04 AM
that is the same stupid argument they used against adrian peterson. but, if you are intelligent, you realize they were situational injuries and not chronic things.

JLEW1818
2/10/2010, 01:21 AM
i don't know anybody who could fall on their shoulder like that and not hurt it

if anything, Sam needs to learn to roll

and the dude that hit him has been on many missions and has many gods that probably hated Sam... I'm sure his wives were proud

mOUse
2/10/2010, 02:13 AM
Come on guys seriously! I'm not saying that Philly would start him, but based on potential they should certainly entertain the pick.
Think of how many very good Quarterbacks begin under someone...
Brady under Bledsoe, Cassel under Brady, Rogers under Favre, Romo behind Bledsoe, Bulger behind Warner...need I go on!
I think both Cleveland and Buffalo are both looking for a seasoned QB who can step right in. As good as Bradford is he needs a little time to get acclimated. I know some QB's recently have been thrown into the game right away and have had success, but that doesn't mean the backups won’t have their turn while getting paid to be there.
I believe Kolb was picked just outside of the first round and signed a contract through 2011. So, if you don't mind a little competition at quarterback in 2012, get a top notch QB in the draft and develop him for a year. Every team needs a quality back up QB; just ask Batch and Roth up in Pittsburgh and the above list. Every year it seems one team grabs a QB in the 1st or shortly after, even though no change at QB seemed imminent. Cutler to Denver at #11, Bulger at 24 and Rogers at 36. You could see it down the line there would be a change, but it wasn't eminent.
I'm not even saying that IS what Philly is doing, but if the chatter is out there, I do think it’s interesting and even plausible.
Call me crazy.

MamaMia
2/10/2010, 02:51 AM
Thank God you came along. The last time I checked SF was getting a little low on dumbassery! You need to change the batteries in your dumbassery detector.

OU_Sooners75
2/10/2010, 03:38 AM
Come on guys seriously! I'm not saying that Philly would start him, but based on potential they should certainly entertain the pick.
Think of how many very good Quarterbacks begin under someone...
Brady under Bledsoe, Cassel under Brady, Rogers under Favre, Romo behind Bledsoe, Bulger behind Warner...need I go on!
I think both Cleveland and Buffalo are both looking for a seasoned QB who can step right in. As good as Bradford is he needs a little time to get acclimated. I know some QB's recently have been thrown into the game right away and have had success, but that doesn't mean the backups won’t have their turn while getting paid to be there.
I believe Kolb was picked just outside of the first round and signed a contract through 2011. So, if you don't mind a little competition at quarterback in 2012, get a top notch QB in the draft and develop him for a year. Every team needs a quality back up QB; just ask Batch and Roth up in Pittsburgh and the above list. Every year it seems one team grabs a QB in the 1st or shortly after, even though no change at QB seemed imminent. Cutler to Denver at #11, Bulger at 24 and Rogers at 36. You could see it down the line there would be a change, but it wasn't eminent.
I'm not even saying that IS what Philly is doing, but if the chatter is out there, I do think it’s interesting and even plausible.
Call me crazy.

Cassel is a very good quarterback? OooooKay!

Collier11
2/10/2010, 03:54 AM
Any chance the phins could snag him?

How would that work exactly, with phins...the snagging and all?

Collier11
2/10/2010, 03:55 AM
Cassel is a very good quarterback? OooooKay!

Look what he did with a good team, My Chiefs are average at the Oline position, below average at WR and had nothing from the RB position til Charles took over. Lets see how he does in the next two years

oudavid1
2/10/2010, 11:34 AM
Raiders need a QB More than anyone

IGotNoTiming
2/10/2010, 11:44 AM
Raiders... hmmm....

wow like the second coming of Jim Plunkett...

cvsooner
2/10/2010, 12:12 PM
Raiders need a QB More than anyone

Raiders need a new owner and/or GM than anyone.

JLEW1818
2/10/2010, 12:13 PM
Raiders need a new owner and/or GM than anyone.

and a new fan.. this fan on SFs aint cutting it

goingoneight
2/10/2010, 12:23 PM
I don't want Sam going anywhere he'll be booed or have snowball batteries thrown at him for throwing an incomplete pass.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/10/2010, 12:49 PM
the Raiders fan on SF is a 100% pimp

TMcGee86
2/10/2010, 01:08 PM

this.

cjames317
2/10/2010, 01:31 PM
Thank God you came along. The last time I checked SF was getting a little low on dumbassery!

That's what happens when the hornheads keep their posts to themselves.

soonerinabilene
2/10/2010, 02:21 PM
Not a first-rounder, but you'd have to think they'd need a #2 QB.

I think if they traded Mcnabb, they would start kolb and pick up the option on vick to be the backup, or sign a career backup thats available. IF they drafted a backup, it would be somebody like Tony Pike, around 4-5th round.

Jacie
2/10/2010, 03:12 PM

Gag....

Okay, how about it would be just as awesome as Chrissy and the fake Roy Williams teaming up together . . .

Red Ada
2/10/2010, 04:34 PM
that is the same stupid argument they used against adrian peterson. but, if you are intelligent, you realize they were situational injuries and not chronic things.
I agree with you on A. Peterson his style of running over people, I did not
think he would have lasted this long in the NFL.
So I could be wrong about Bradford, I hope I am.

Collier11
2/10/2010, 04:41 PM
yea we can tell how big of a fan you are

Widescreen
2/10/2010, 04:58 PM
Red Ada sucks donkey balls. I'm a huge fan of his.

Red Ada
2/10/2010, 05:52 PM
Red Ada sucks donkey balls. I'm a huge fan of his.
Thanks for being a big fan of mine.

Bradford has made his last stand. Pro ball is not in the
cards for him. He will be drafted.
Like Jason White, he ( Bradford )will not play much
NFL ball.

Collier11
2/10/2010, 06:06 PM
Colt?

Ruf/Nek7
2/10/2010, 06:22 PM
[COLOR=black] Romo behind Bledsoe,COLOR]

Are you serious!?!?! Romo under Bledsoe...Romo only spent a little over 1 year under Bledsoe (05') before taking over after week 6 in 2006. Before that it was a committee of QB's such as Testaverde, Henson, Hutchinson, and Q. Carter! Either way, im just praying Philly does not make a move, and Washington makes another Jason Cambell-esque mistake! Im pulling for Seattle

auto
2/10/2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for being a big fan of mine.

Bradford has made his last stand. Pro ball is not in the
cards for him. He will be drafted.
Like Jason White, he ( Bradford )will not play much
NFL ball.

Are you just a dumbass or did you stay in a Holiday Inn last night to ge that stupid.:D

starclassic tama
2/10/2010, 09:04 PM

no you don't, because i never thought peterson had an injury problem. his first season, his shoulder kept him out of a few games. that is an injury that should cause concern considering his running style. but that shoulder was never a recurring thing. his second year, his ankle got rolled up on. again, that is just a fluke thing. his third year, another fluke injury when he landed wrong on his collarbone. bradford had much less injury problems than AD, with only a mild concussion that kept him out of one game, and then the AC joint. but by all accounts the AC joint is a non-factor anymore, as he has most if not all his strength back by now and the surgery could actually mean he ends up with more strength in his shoulder. then you go and compare him to jason white which is one of the dumbest thing i have ever read. jason white blew out BOTH his knees, and his arm was nowhere near what bradford's is. so in short, no we didn't agree on anything, tard.

Clever Trevor
2/10/2010, 09:30 PM
There's some chatter up here about McNabb leaving. Some have posited to the Cards. Some have said Minnesota if Favre doesn't come back. I think Donovan is a good qb, just not what the league tried to make him out to be 9 years ago. It's obvious that the relationship with the iggles has run it's course. I would gag pulling for Sam with that ****face fanbase he'd have to be playing for...

Clever Trevor
2/10/2010, 09:32 PM

So you're saying that you're batting .000? Mmm, okay, yeah, your views deserve some credence...:rolleyes:

Skinshokiefan
2/10/2010, 09:44 PM
I pray that he ends up being a Redskin. I think he is the perfect fit for Shanahan and will be a 10-15 year superstar

royalfan5
2/11/2010, 06:47 PM
I pray that he ends up being a Redskin. I think he is the perfect fit for Shanahan and will be a 10-15 year superstar

Assuming Synder doesn't find a way to **** that up too.

Skinshokiefan
2/11/2010, 09:17 PM
Assuming Synder doesn't find a way to **** that up too.

Thankfully Shanahan and Allen are running things now.

The Shanahan's will turn Sam into a superstar. Shanahan never has had a QB with Sam's skillset (he had an old Elway by the time he got to Denver)

Accurate arm, good mobility, can run the boot leg, smart, he won't fall past the Redskins

swardboy
2/12/2010, 07:39 AM
I think Donovan is a good qb, just not what the league tried to make him out to be 9 years ago.

So you're saying Rush was right?

Red Ada
2/12/2010, 04:02 PM
Comparing Bradford to John Elway is like comparing
Barney Fife to John Wayne.

Your just a little premature on comparing a guy in the
NFL Hall Of Fame with one who has not played a down.

His arm is just as strong
His AC being busted up is a non factor
His Ac will be even stronger

Keep Drinking The Kool Aid !

KantoSooner
2/12/2010, 04:21 PM
Spin casting versus trolling! The fishing season is only days away!

Sonner magic923
2/12/2010, 05:45 PM
Comparing Bradford to John Elway is like comparing
Barney Fife to John Wayne.

Your just a little premature on comparing a guy in the
NFL Hall Of Fame with one who has not played a down.

His arm is just as strong
His AC being busted up is a non factor
His Ac will be even stronger

Keep Drinking The Kool Aid !

where in the hell is anybody comparing Bradford to Elway? He was just simply stating that Shanahan has never had a great qb to work with other than Elway at the end of his career. :rolleyes:

Collier11
2/12/2010, 05:48 PM
In his brief history he has proven to not be very...sharp

Red Ada
2/12/2010, 06:32 PM
Nor will he when this years draft is over.

Curly Bill
2/12/2010, 06:34 PM

LOL, he was talking about you dumas! :D

...and if he wasn't he should have been.

Curly Bill
2/12/2010, 06:35 PM

Spill the beans!

Who's troll are you?

Collier11
2/12/2010, 06:41 PM
LOL, he was talking about you dumas! :D

...and if he wasn't he should have been.

That sh*t was just funny right there, some people