PDA

View Full Version : Big Gulps...Yea or Nay

royalfan5
2/8/2010, 06:43 PM
When buying a fountain beverage do you get the largest size possible? I typically get the size below the largest size because it makes me feel like I've restrained myself.

sooner59
2/8/2010, 06:52 PM
Only if I am sharing a drink with the g/f.

SoonerInKCMO
2/8/2010, 07:01 PM
I just get 2-liter bottles and chug away.

soonerscuba
2/8/2010, 07:24 PM
Welp, see ya later.

JLEW1818
2/8/2010, 07:26 PM
Welp, see ya later.

this should be an option! :D

OUHOMER
2/8/2010, 08:01 PM
I dont normally buy soft drinks.

Crucifax Autumn
2/9/2010, 10:22 AM
If they had beer I'd get the giant size.

SunnySooner
2/9/2010, 10:31 AM
If I'm on a long road trip, I do, just so I don't run out. Of course, as often as I have to then stop and tinkle, I could just refill then. I usually just get the biggest size that I think will fit in my cupholder. Plus, it's a better deal.

StoopTroup
2/9/2010, 10:32 AM
Tinkle Belle....lol

OhU1
2/9/2010, 11:49 AM
I can't understand why anyone would want to consume that volume of sugary liquid. I'd rather eat a sack of donuts which is the nutritional equivalent. On the other hand beer makes us happy, soft drinks do not.

texas bandman
2/9/2010, 01:06 PM
Double Gulps of Diet Dr. Pepper...mmmm

ouduckhunter
2/9/2010, 01:32 PM
Nay!

If Pac10Sux is drinking them, we have to stop at least every 45 minutes for him to take care of business! On a long road trip this can become very, very, annoying! :mad:

SoonerJack
2/9/2010, 01:44 PM
I don't.

I keep thinking of the dialysis guy in Supersize Me and the massive flagon from which he was drinking.

StoopTroup
2/9/2010, 02:06 PM
I don't.

I keep thinking of the dialysis guy in Supersize Me and the massive flagon from which he was drinking.

I used posters like this to help me quit smoking back in 1990. I only smoke for a couple of years and no more than a 1/2 pack or less during that time....but it was hard to stop and I know it was hard on me.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xfxmmOzXySs/SfA2Z-HFpuI/AAAAAAAAAko/ESGBPEiQ1cA/s400/anti+smoking+poster.jpg

We do what works for us. I will always remember that movie. When I saw that McDonalds was offering 59 and 69 cent hamburgers and cheeseburgers to help Ronald McDonald House I thought about just going over there and giving them 5 bucks so I don't have to feel like I help via a cheeseburger.

oudivesherpa
2/9/2010, 05:53 PM
I too old for the big gulp--I've gota pee before I finish.

Chuck Bao
2/9/2010, 07:55 PM
I would if I could drink the big gulp while riding my bike.

Oh, and add in Johnnie Walker to give it a little kick.

unbiasedtruth
2/9/2010, 07:59 PM
gave up daily/weekly consumption of soft drinks years ago. Drink my booze on the rocks or with a splash of water so there is really no need for them anymore....

NormanPride
2/10/2010, 11:02 AM
I would if I could drink the big gulp while riding my bike.

Oh, and add in Johnnie Walker to give it a little kick.

Heck yes, giving financial advice to an entire nation while buzzed... :D

Chuck Bao
2/10/2010, 11:35 AM
Heck yes, giving financial advice to an entire nation while buzzed... :D

Well, I am well trained in the science of drunkeenomics.

The main theorum is that the drunkier one gets the more honest they are. That is up to a certain point when one-third of people want to repeatedly say I love you, one-third want to fight and the remaining third want to screw anything in sight.

That's financial advice - you start out being honest but at the end of the day it turns into either love, fight or screw.

C&CDean
2/10/2010, 11:37 AM
Hells no. If you actually get those giant 44ounce or bigger cups of soda you are a ****ing pig. Hell, there's about 40-grams of carbs in a 12-ounce DP. You're drinking enough sugar to keep 20K hummingbirds going for a decade.

I've got a better idea. Why don't you buy a 5-pound sack of sugar, mix it with a little water, and inject it in your ****ing eyeball.

Partial Qualifier
2/10/2010, 11:50 AM
Don't be shy, Dean. :D

Not to mention the other problems mass consumption of soda (diet or not) can cause.
Kidney stones: not much fun.

Chuck Bao
2/10/2010, 11:53 AM
Hells no. If you actually get those giant 44ounce or bigger cups of soda you are a ****ing pig. Hell, there's about 40-grams of carbs in a 12-ounce DP. You're drinking enough sugar to keep 20K hummingbirds going for a decade.

I've got a better idea. Why don't you buy a 5-pound sack of sugar, mix it with a little water, and inject it in your ****ing eyeball.

Umm...this may be a stupid question, but if a Diet Coke has only one calorie and carbs carry calories, how is drinking a Diet Coke loading up on either sugars or carbs?

C&CDean
2/10/2010, 11:56 AM
Umm...this may be a stupid question, but if a Diet Coke has only one calorie and carbs carry calories, how is drinking a Diet Coke loading up on either sugars or carbs?

I think that might even be worse. You're drinking enough aspartame to pickle a ****ing whale.