PDA

View Full Version : Best Super Bowl?

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 12:07 AM
For me at least. I have a tendency to remember college games more than pro, even in regards to the Super Bowl. But I do remember seeing Super Bowl games that I would consider more exciting than this one simply based on the finish.

However, this is the first time ever that I've been able to get either of my boys excited in a football game. Both my kids (both boys) sat in front of the TV for the game which is normal in our house for a big game. Normally, they move on to other things (like video games) as the game goes on but tonight, my oldest who is now eight, started asking questions about why they were doing this and that. I spend much of the first half explaining simple things like down and distance and why they are punting or kicking or passing or running. What first down meant vs 2nd and 5 and so on. I've tried this before but it always seemed to fall on def ears and he's never wanted to play either (youngest actually plays flag football but will not watch).

Explaining that Hartly was a Sooner and that New Orleans was closer to OK than Indianapolis was all that was needed to get him to be on the Saints side before the half.

After the half, it was all fun. Both the onside kick and the interception return for the TD had us jumping up and yelling at the TV and slapping high fives. The fact that the Saints won is icing on the cake for me.

I'm still glowing about this and can't wait until football season. :)

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 12:10 AM
Not even close.

The best Super Bowl ever was when Buffalo dropped it's fourth attempt.

Nothing can come close to that.

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 12:27 AM
But I do remember seeing Super Bowl games that I would consider more exciting than this one simply based on the finish

Troup Missed the point.

OU_Sooners75
2/8/2010, 12:29 AM
Not even close.

The best Super Bowl ever was when Buffalo dropped it's fourth attempt.

Nothing can come close to that.

NYG vs. NEP was a good one just a couple years ago!

JLEW1818
2/8/2010, 12:33 AM
I'd say the last 2 Super Bowls were better than this one...

JMO

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 12:38 AM
OK, I'm guessing none of you have kids.

I did say there were others that were better just based on such things that others are mentioning.

If you care enough to respond, at least read.

OU_Sooners75
2/8/2010, 12:50 AM

I did say there were others that were better just based on such things that others are mentioning.

If you care enough to respond, at least read.

WOW...hold on there m'sieur délicat.

I have 2 kids (12 yr old and 6 yr old).

Not sure how old your boys are, but when they get older, they tend to stop running off so much when there are sports on.

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 12:58 AM
Point was on the my post...

was that it was the best FOR ME because it was the first one I could get one of my kids interested in in a way that was exciting for both of us.

I did acknowledge there were better ones with no personal parameters. All I got in response were replies ignoring such... ie, missing the point.

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 01:00 AM
By the way, I was one of the few I know that thought the NYG vs the NEP was a GREAT game.

Seems most of the people I know thought it was boring.

JLEW1818
2/8/2010, 01:00 AM
i did miss the point and I'm sorry. i don't have kids yet. and i'm glad it was great for yall.

okay, so in the playoffs the Saints beat, Warner, Favre, and Manning.... All 3 have Super Bowl Rings/MVPs, and all 3 have NFL MVPs.... there is no freaking way another team has done that before

OU_Sooners75
2/8/2010, 01:02 AM
Point was on the my post...

was that it was the best FOR ME because it was the first one I could get one of my kids interested in in a way that was exciting for both of us.

I did acknowledge there were better ones with no personal parameters. All I got in response were replies ignoring such... ie, missing the point.

Thats great for you.

Sorry for missing your point.

It is always fun spending time with your children, especially when it is by doing something you all seem to enjoy together.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/8/2010, 01:08 AM

If you care enough to respond, at least read.Your joy was about your kids becoming fans, and maturing a bit...not just the game. Good stuff!

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 01:08 AM
okay, so in the playoffs the Saints beat, Warner, Favre, and Manning.... All 3 have Super Bowl Rings/MVPs, and all 3 have NFL MVPs.... there is no freaking way another team has done that before

That's an interesting point. I kept telling my family that the Saints had never won a SB (of that I was sure of without looking up) but there were other facts I wasn't sure of. That goes beyond what I was thinking about.

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 01:11 AM
I can't wait for next season now even more.

JLEW1818
2/8/2010, 01:17 AM
well, I'm considering freezing myself till mid August...

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 01:23 AM
well, I'm considering freezing myself till mid August...

LOL

2/8/2010, 01:30 AM
well, I'm considering freezing myself till mid August...Take up fishing. The most fun you can have with yer clothes on.

JLEW1818
2/8/2010, 01:31 AM
yah, i do a lil fishing... some good bass be coming in next month

westcoast_sooner
2/8/2010, 01:40 AM
Take up fishing. The most fun you can have with yer clothes on.

Well, there are a couple of other things that might be in the running for that distinction.
1. Driving a really nice car on a winding mountain road
2. Surfing half-pipe waves in Hawaii
3. Playing a round of golf at Pebble Beach
4. Watching your team win the NCAA Basketball Tournament in person
5. Being at the Rose Bowl when your son's team is winning the MNC game.

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 01:40 AM
Take up fishing. The most fun you can have with yer clothes on.

Actually we do that. I think the kids do that to humor me though, video games are better as far as they are concerned. Used to do a lot of crappy fishing. Now, I just wait until we are camping and we fish for whatever is available.

Though I've always been an avid camper, I'm not a great fisherman. The last time we had a successful outing where both boys caught a catfish, my oldest (the one who took to football tonight) threw a fit at the idea of cutting it up so that we could fry it and eat it.

AND I MEAN A BAWLING FIT!!!

Doesn't mean I won't keep trying with that either though. He did have fun until he understood we were going to kill it. :O

2/8/2010, 01:49 AM
We regularly practice filet-and-release down in the Gulf of California.(burp)

ndpruitt03
2/8/2010, 02:22 AM
Last years game was up there. The one year before when the Giants beat the Pats was a great one. The Pats Rams one is up there and the Pats Panthers one was great too. The Rams/Titans SB was great too. Those are the top 5 that I can remember.

oudavid1
2/8/2010, 02:28 AM
The New York (underdog) Giants winning the Super Bowl was better. Eli Manning was amazing on 4th down!

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 09:12 AM
Troup Missed the point.

Not really. I'm saying that last Buffalo game was a better game than last nights. There are plenty more that were much better.

Saying that was one of the best....the only reason it might be considered a decent one was that it was the first one by the NO Franchise. The Post Katrina feel goodness adds to the feeling that they were a team of destiny too by folks who need to realize they just had a good run. The AFC has owned the NFC for a long time. Every now and then the NFC is going to win one. Last night the Saints played decent enough to get by a very good Colt Team.

Best Super Bowl?

Nope. Not even close.

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2010, 11:39 AM
Still missed the point.

In my original post, I acknowledged there were better ones based just the game itself.

In my original post, I was talking about my kids.

badger
2/8/2010, 11:42 AM
I think Titans losing to Rams was the best (although I loved XXXI, for obvious reasons).

Unlike other close Super Bowls, the Titans were one yard short on the final play of the game. How can you get better than that, without the game going into overtime or something?

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 11:46 AM
Then it's the Best Super Bowl I've ever spent because of my kids.

Even a lousy Super Bowl is fun if you have your Family around. I went through that yesterday as my Son wanted to see if a friend of his could come over. I explained to him that Super Bowl Sunday is about Family and maybe friends getting together but that his friend probably had something planned with his own Family. I still got the "Deer in the headlights/ puppy dawg eyed" look from him...but we got by it eventually.

We watched some of the game together but he wasn't into it like your's. Now....if it's OU Football.....He just went to the Super Bowl.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/8/2010, 11:53 AM
the best SB's for me were the ones I made a profit from

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 11:59 AM
the best SB's for me were the ones I made a profit from

**** Yeah!

Salt City Sooner
2/8/2010, 12:57 PM
Super Bowls 16 & 23 do not exist (frickin' Montana :mad: :mad: :mad: )

cvsooner
2/8/2010, 01:07 PM
'89 Super Bowl with Montana-led comeback late in the fourth quarter was a great one. Also, the Colts beating the Cowboys on a late field goal...Super Bowl V...I think...was also really good.