PDA

View Full Version : Who dat? Who gives a ****?

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2010, 10:41 PM
I hate the Mannings, so I'm not a Colts or Giants fan. I also don't like the Saints. I think their city should never have been rebuilt and the city fanbase has been the least supportive of their sports teams EVAR!

That being said, it's pathetic that there's so many "bandwagoners" out there in the media and various celebrities that act like they're the world's greatest Saints fans. Just like those pathetic Giants "fans" from two years ago, they come out of the woodwork for the underdog and then go back to their pathetic mundane lives and never cheer for that team again.

Screw em all, I say!

Just my $.02.

StoopTroup
2/7/2010, 10:44 PM
Les Miles is deeply hurt by your statements.

sooner59
2/7/2010, 10:50 PM
I think their city should never have been rebuilt

Ouch.

sooner59
2/7/2010, 10:52 PM
I was just barely pulling for the Saints. But I still like Peyton Manning.

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2010, 11:00 PM
Ouch.

Seriously, about the only thing dumber than building a city BELOW SEA LEVEL next to a lake and a river that both routinely flood AND get hit by hurricanes is to build a city on top of a volcano. That being said, come join my friendly city...tomorrow, I will hold a press conference to announce my plans for an million-person city atop Mt. Rainier! Then, after it erupts and destroys the city, I will hold another press conference and blame the Army Corps of Engineers because I think they put dynamite in the lava vent and it caused the eruption.

No, I have not been drinking...

swardboy
2/7/2010, 11:05 PM
Perfect analogy. ^

tulsaoilerfan
2/7/2010, 11:07 PM
Well at least maybe now the media will take the "everyone's rooting for the Saints because of Katrina" angle and finally put it where it belongs

tulsaoilerfan
2/7/2010, 11:08 PM
Plus after reading so many accounts about how badly the Sooner fans were treated down there when they played LSU i don't know how any Sooner fan could root for them unless they happen to live in NO

Rocko
2/7/2010, 11:35 PM
I think their city should never have been rebuilt

Yeah what a bone headed move by America. Rebuilding our largest inland port, what were we thinking?

I'm planning on attending OU next year and I'm just working my way into the fan base and for the most part what I've seen is promising. However, I have seen a couple of idiotic statements regarding the city of New Orleans. Having a deep admiration for the city and having quite a bit of family members living there, I find this pretty insulting and am appalled by the amount of insensitive hatred targeted towards it.

That being said, I know everyone has their likes and dislikes, but seriously this statement is unbelievably irrational.

BigEasySooner
2/7/2010, 11:40 PM
I hate the Mannings, so I'm not a Colts or Giants fan. I also don't like the Saints. I think their city should never have been rebuilt and the city fanbase has been the least supportive of their sports teams EVAR!

That being said, it's pathetic that there's so many "bandwagoners" out there in the media and various celebrities that act like they're the world's greatest Saints fans. Just like those pathetic Giants "fans" from two years ago, they come out of the woodwork for the underdog and then go back to their pathetic mundane lives and never cheer for that team again.

Screw em all, I say!

Just my $.02.

And go **** yourself.

Sorry but we Saints fans are possibly the most fun loving, crazy, and die hard fan base I have ever seen.

I've heard tons of whining and complaining on here when OU struggled despite the fact that OU is arguably the greatest college football program in the history of the game.

There is absolutely no fan base like the Saints. Nothing compares and unless you are a part of it or have spent enough time around it you just won't understand.

As far as the Hurricane references go, doubly go **** yourself.

I moved from Chickasha shortly after the F5 went through in '99 and I was watching it non-stop on TV and praying for everyone in Oklahoma.

We basically had an F5 mixed with a flood cover the entire east coast of Louisiana and the entire coast of Mississippi.

So yah, go crawl under a rock and die.

Leroyt
2/7/2010, 11:57 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JO2OK5G8gZI/SnubHoGLwhI/AAAAAAAABJk/ZB0PdiAqDLk/s400/Haterade.gif
Pretty sure you've been hittin' this pretty hard.

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 12:01 AM
I've always enjoyed peeing in the streets down there. Also...the only 3 card monte guys that are better are in NYC IMO.

yankee
2/8/2010, 12:06 AM
the media lovefest for the next week or so is going to be near intolerable...."this one's for katrina"..."the saints won this for the victims"...blah blah blah.

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 12:07 AM
That being said, I know everyone has their likes and dislikes, but seriously this statement is unbelievably irrational.

Your 5 post outrage is duly noted.

Stick around...you'll get to really get a feel for SSC's posts.

With SSC...you either love him or hate him.

Me...I just hate to love him or we usually just hug right before the 1st Sooner Game of the year and then just nod at each other the rest of the year and say stuff like "Sup?". :D

rainiersooner
2/8/2010, 12:12 AM
New Orleans is the coolest city in America, bar none, imo. And even if it wasn't - if I was picking a team based on the city, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the Colts. Indianapolis really sucks.

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 12:16 AM
Indianapolis really sucks.

There are definitely a few people who probably feel like you do.

1y-dp96mjpw

SoonerShark
2/8/2010, 12:18 AM
No Louisiana team has ever won a championship that was not on its home field until the Saints tonight. The highest paid pro team in Lousiana, LSU, won three championships on a de facto home field, the Sugar Bowl in 1959, 2004 and 2008.

rainiersooner
2/8/2010, 12:18 AM
There are definitely a few people who probably feel like you do.

1y-dp96mjpw

Ouch!!!

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 12:20 AM
Well...New Orleans didn't really win the Super Bowl....Peyton Manning just threw it away.

jdsooner
2/8/2010, 12:21 AM
Congratulations to the Saints and the many Saints fans who have supported that team for many tough years.

westcoast_sooner
2/8/2010, 12:25 AM
I'm not a Saints fan, and was rooting for the Colts, but I'll congratulate the Saints and their organization. I've enjoyed N'Awlins a few times and hope to enjoy their hospitality, again the next time the Sooners come to town to win a MNC game.

That said, what happened to their city is beyond catastrophic. While tourism is their biggest industry, they do have very a viable international port and a great oil industry.

I'm wishing that this win helps propel their recovery there in the city.

Dio
2/8/2010, 12:26 AM
Gopokes.com thinks this tread is full of sore loser and fail.

SoonerMom2
2/8/2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah what a bone headed move by America. Rebuilding our largest inland port, what were we thinking?

I'm planning on attending OU next year and I'm just working my way into the fan base and for the most part what I've seen is promising. However, I have seen a couple of idiotic statements regarding the city of New Orleans. Having a deep admiration for the city and having quite a bit of family members living there, I find this pretty insulting and am appalled by the amount of insensitive hatred targeted towards it.

Ignore it -- welcome to Norman next fall. New Orleans has the best food and the only problem I see was the fact they started expanding into the swamp years ago. French Quarter was barely touched by the flooding. Any major city that sits below a dam would have major problems if it broke -- don't care if you are above sea level. Great win for the Saints -- really happy for your guys and for the Sooners on the Saints.

westcoast_sooner
2/8/2010, 01:29 AM
Last time I was in New Orleans was before Katrina. Had some AMAZING food and stayed at a great place a block off Bourbon St. While there were bumps in the road (mostly due to my own doing) I really had a great time.

I live in earthquake country here, but I can't imagine going through what those people had to endure post Katrina. People live where they want, where they feel comfortable. I lived in Houston and went through a couple of hurricanes, and a couple more Tropical Storms. Luckily, I stayed dry through all of that. I lived through many tornados when I lived in Oklahoma, having never been touched by one of those nasty storms - but having seen plenty of them from afar. Pretty much every locale in the world has some type of natural disaster just waiting to befall it - just a matter of time.

For anyone to wish ill on those who happen to live there, simply shows their ignorance. One can disagree with the political climate, the corruption or the mismanagement from several different angles, but New Orleans is one of our great cities. And we, as Americans have the ability and industriousness to rebuild the city without government interference and corruption.

Just my 2 cents.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/8/2010, 01:34 AM
I was just barely pulling for the Saints. But I still like Peyton Manning.Pretty much my sentiments. I am, however, a bit TIRED from overexposure to Peyton Manning.

2/8/2010, 01:37 AM
Seriously, about the only thing dumber than building a city BELOW SEA LEVEL next to a lake and a river that both routinely flood AND get hit by hurricanes is to build a city on top of a volcano. That being said, come join my friendly city...tomorrow, I will hold a press conference to announce my plans for an million-person city atop Mt. Rainier! Then, after it erupts and destroys the city, I will hold another press conference and blame the Army Corps of Engineers and/or George Bush, because I think they put dynamite in the lava vent and it caused the eruption.

No, I have not been drinking...You are correct, of course, but that road was travelled way back after Katrina.(pssst, don't let TUSooner see this thread)

soonerloyal
2/8/2010, 02:13 AM
Seriously, about the only thing dumber than building a city BELOW SEA LEVEL next to a lake and a river that both routinely flood AND get hit by hurricanes is to build a city on top of a volcano. That being said, come join my friendly city...tomorrow, I will hold a press conference to announce my plans for an million-person city atop Mt. Rainier! Then, after it erupts and destroys the city, I will hold another press conference and blame the Army Corps of Engineers because I think they put dynamite in the lava vent and it caused the eruption.

No, I have not been drinking...

Seriously, do you not know geography or U.S. history? When Louisiana was purchased, the total mileage of the area was much larger than it is today (you know, that Purchase that gained the U.S. a vital acquisition for import/export?). The state has some of the highest soil erosion rates (as well as below-water wave base shoreline destruction) in North America, and that was true long before the cities or levees were built. And the constant leeching of coastline from hurricanes is taking a massive toll. Since the 1930s alone, Louisiana has lost 1,900 square miles of coastline and continues to lose land at a rate of 25 to 35 square miles per year. The wetlands are disappearing at at least half that rate.

New Orleans was built quite far inland, they didn't perch the city right on the water's edge. Too bad they didn't have one of them thar fancy looking into the future scopes so they'd put the city somewhere else, thereby offending fewer tender sensibilities down the line.

Blaming the people of New Orleans for their city being destroyed, their homes obliterated and their loved ones dying and bloating makes as much sense as telling the people of Moore they deserved to be blown away in May 1999.

Looks like some people missed the blessings of civics class as well as compassion lessons. Dayum.

:mad:

oudavid1
2/8/2010, 02:23 AM
Some people arnt thinking about how this makes OU fans look, I mean seriously! Your hating on NO, how about something the entire country can agree on......F*** The Longhorns!

LA.SoonerFan
2/8/2010, 09:00 AM

Screw em all, I say!

Just my $.02.

Were you born an A****, or did you just become one later in life? The Saints are the Super Bowl champs, and well deservingly. Yeah, there are bandwaggoners, but there are ones in every city and state, not just LA.

SteelClip49
2/8/2010, 09:13 AM
And go **** yourself.

Sorry but we Saints fans are possibly the most fun loving, crazy, and die hard fan base I have ever seen.

I've heard tons of whining and complaining on here when OU struggled despite the fact that OU is arguably the greatest college football program in the history of the game.

There is absolutely no fan base like the Saints. Nothing compares and unless you are a part of it or have spent enough time around it you just won't understand.

As far as the Hurricane references go, doubly go **** yourself.

I moved from Chickasha shortly after the F5 went through in '99 and I was watching it non-stop on TV and praying for everyone in Oklahoma.

We basically had an F5 mixed with a flood cover the entire east coast of Louisiana and the entire coast of Mississippi.

So yah, go crawl under a rock and die.

Then you must be an LSU fan or a Sh*tizen of Louisiana who was amont the banshees in January 2004. Your city doesn't deserve squat except for another hurricane cleanser.

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 09:22 AM
Instead of calling someone an *** because his experiences in Louisiana we're something way short of a fond memory and no visit or article since has been exactly a view of something good or a City/State that has revitalized itself without bitching about how the Federal Government has failed them...

Well...I'm not sure any of your outrage against SSC is very well placed. I think he's calling out the Citizens of Louisiana to begin a new fight. Now that they have a Super Bowl Trophy and Les Miles....they could very well be on their way to making New Orleans one of America's most beloved Cities instead of a place where "I bought a bunch of beads and I saw a lots of titties" type of City.

Me....I like the titties and beads deal and think they should focus more on that than Super Bowls.

pweitkem
2/8/2010, 11:27 AM
New Orleans is the coolest city in America, bar none, imo. And even if it wasn't - if I was picking a team based on the city, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the Colts. Indianapolis really sucks.

Indianapolis is a cool city... safe, clean, good food, nice people, good economy.

New Orleans is not a cool city... unsafe, dirty, great food, drunk people, horrible economy.

I've spent time in both, give me Indi.

IGotNoTiming
2/8/2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah New Orleans wasn't placed in the greatest area.... geographically that land is a vital part part of one of the largest delta/ marshlands in the world ecologically we have stopped mother nature from doing her job there. Placing a city where silt SHOULD be building up to increase the coastline has succeeded in doing just the opposite. However that is a 200+ year mistake. To abandon that is simply ludicrous.

What many people forget about is the cultural contribution that city has made. If you don't believe me then take every single rock-n-roll album you own and just burn them now. Seriously... anyone who knows jack squat about history would agree. Musically that city is responsible for the birth of blues, jazz AND because of that, rock-n-roll. The only truly AMERICAN art forms. Don't talk to me about the british invasion either because everyone of those 60's pioneers will tell you they were listening to music from that region and that is what inspired them to make the music they did.

If you are hating on them you need to lock yourself in a closet with your Neil Sedaka, and Barry Manilow albums and have a nice fu***** day.

Sooner04
2/8/2010, 11:42 AM
The worst incidents I've ever gone through in following sports happened to me on the streets of New Orleans prior and after the 2004 Sugar Bowl. Awful, awful, awful.

But those were LSU fans being *******s. Nothing more, nothing less. That's the only time I've ever been to New Orleans and even those wretched LSU fans couldn't overshadow how cool the city was. There's a presence there that only the great cities have. Walking through the French Quarter late in the evening is something I'll always remember.

It's a great place, and I'm glad it's making its way back.

In closing, **** LSU.

IGotNoTiming
2/8/2010, 11:51 AM
*double post*

MrJimBeam
2/8/2010, 11:53 AM
Imagine this guys reaction if Haiti ever wins a gold medal.

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 11:54 AM
Gopokes.com thinks this tread is full of sore loser and fail.

That coming from a place known for it's sore loser and fail mentality....well...it really means a lot. Tell them thanks...would ya? :D

stoopified
2/8/2010, 12:38 PM

Screw em all, I say!

Just my $.02.Bandwagon fans are a fact of life in all sports, college and pro.I recall during the Blake years I rarely saw OU gear worn at work or in publc anywhere.I started to feel like the LAST SOONER on EARTH. Funny thing is ,after 2000 I ran into all kinds of Sooner fans that I had never seen before.For oSu that is typical,they crawl out of the woodwork anytime they win anything, especially if it involves beating OU.What is funnier still, is how they seem to swarm around OU fans,making wisecracks when they THINK they are going to win.I noticed this in particular this year before the football game and this years basketball games (both men's and women's games).What makes this so much fun is the Cowpuke LOYAL fans disappear after the loss.

Oldnslo
2/8/2010, 03:20 PM
I went to the Sugar Bowl in 2003. And I lived in NO for a few years... age 8-11 or so. I've loved the city since then. First pro game I went to was to watch the Saints, and see Archie Manning run for his life.

I was in tears last night. Maybe as exciting to me as when OU wins a National Championship.

The End.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/8/2010, 04:21 PM
I just wanted to post in here....

Speer
2/8/2010, 04:36 PM
Congrats to the Saints. Great team and definitely deserved it after the way they played this year.

That said, I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for New Orleans and think Katrina did a half-***ed job.

TUSooner
2/8/2010, 04:43 PM
I went to the Sugar Bowl in 2003. And I lived in NO for a few years... age 8-11 or so. I've loved the city since then. First pro game I went to was to watch the Saints, and see Archie Manning run for his life.

I was in tears last night. Maybe as exciting to me as when OU wins a National Championship.

The End.

Aside from the Katrina-rebuilding angle (which is good & true but possibly tiresome) the Saints themselves are a great story.
This is a team that in past decades virtually invented new ways to lose in gut-ripping fashion. I believe the "Hail Mary" (which Atlanta called "Big Ben") was first used successfully against them by Atlanta, TWICE in 1978 or so. It was sort of like being the Hiroshima & Nagasaki of the NFL. Some games they blew unblowable leads; some games they just plain sucked from start to finish. They got your hopes up and then shredded them before your eyes, or they took you straight to the pit of despair. I honestly thought I;d never see 2 things: The fall of the Berlin Wall and the Saints winning a Super Bowl.

But last night was just a crazy-happy scene of people shouting and dancing and high-fiving strangers, hanging out of cars, horns honking constantly. Just a little town in euphoria.
And tomorrow we're gonna PARTY with the LOMBARDI !
I plan to be on the streets screaming my guts out and lifting a couple or 5 large beers.

It's almost like the feeling I had when OU won it all vs Fla State, but the Saints, unlike the Sooners, had no history of success.

That said, it's perfectly OK if you don't care; it's not going to take away from my joy in the least.

TUSooner
2/8/2010, 05:00 PM
Congrats to the Saints. Great team and definitely deserved it after the way they played this year.

That said, I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for New Orleans and think Katrina did a half-***ed job.

Albert?

Actually, this is what's been hardest for most New Orleanians, being told by some of our fellow Americans that we don't matter any more and that we deserve all the **** that comes our way because we're just a bunch of lazy n*****s (the last word being implied but unspoken).

But it's all right, now. (In fact it's a gas.) :cool:

OUMallen
2/8/2010, 05:02 PM

Screw em all, I say!

Just my $.02.

Breesus.

TUSooner
2/8/2010, 05:19 PM
You know, you can hate the Saints all you want; it's just sports. But anyone who says their fans don't support them is just plain stupid. Saints fans are the most fanatical fantical fans there are. You can't cal them band-wagon fans because we've never had a band wagon to jump on.

Hey, you can hate New orleans too; some days I do.

But when you say New Orleans deserves another devastating hurricane, that's a cheap personal insult to hundreds of thousands of decent people, including me, and it shows the rank pettiness of your minds. You do no credit to my favorite state of Oklahoma, either.
I know it's just the internet, but thinking is allowed; so try it before posting crap. :rolleyes:

Chuck Bao
2/8/2010, 05:22 PM
I was pulling for the Saints, largely because of the three Sooners on their roster. Besides that, I almost always pull for the underdogs and I always pull for NFC over AFC. I cannot explain the latter.

My one visit to NO was during that Sugar Bowl game. That was one of my worst experiences in a city in the US or anywhere else in the world for that matter. After the game, we were told that we had better get outta there. So, we did. I don't plan to return anytime soon unless the Sooners land another bowl game there. I try to forget that some of those LSU fans that tried to pick fights are the same Saints fans celebrating now.

So yeah, I was rooting for the Saints. When Tracy Porter made that interception and ran it back for a touchdown, I was shouting: "GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, you Coonass GO!". My Thai maid ran away.

goingoneight
2/8/2010, 05:45 PM
I have nothing against NO... just not a fan of their team. Maybe it's Reggie Bush, but I dunno. I always liked Manning's commercials and it's fun to watch him in the hurry-up offense, but I wasn't partial to either team. Some told me to root for them because of a few Sooners. The fact that they're making NFL millions is all I think an athlete "deserves" me rooting for, and they already had that.

I didn't even watch it, but not to just boycott it... just wasn't interesting to me. The Super Bowl hasn't really been in years for me.

BigEasySooner
2/8/2010, 06:15 PM
My one visit to NO was during that Sugar Bowl game. That was one of my worst experiences in a city in the US or anywhere else in the world for that matter. After the game, we were told that we had better get outta there. So, we did. I don't plan to return anytime soon unless the Sooners land another bowl game there. I try to forget that some of those LSU fans that tried to pick fights are the same Saints fans celebrating now.

I agree with you on that.

But trust me on this, the fan base for the Saints vs the LSU ****** bags is completely different.

After the Saints lost their first game this year to the Cowboys there was a drunk black dude in all Cowboys gear yelling "Who Dat beat them Saints" in the stadium.

He was surrounded by Saints fans most of which thought it was kinda funny to be honest. Slightly annoying but still funny.

If that **** would have happened in LSU stadium there would have been a hate crime.

Saints fans are a completely different breed.

soonerloyal
2/8/2010, 07:32 PM
Sometimes social interactions really are better when they're confined to faceless, acquaintance-type posts.

Egad. :eek:

Speer
2/8/2010, 07:46 PM
Sometimes social interactions really are better when they're confined to faceless, acquaintance-type posts.

Egad. :eek:

Nah. You shoulda' been at our Super Bowl last night.

My Opinion Matters
2/8/2010, 07:54 PM
Imagine this guys reaction if Haiti ever wins a gold medal.

Thread winner.

freshchris05
2/8/2010, 08:06 PM
this thread is golden...

SteelClip49
2/8/2010, 09:16 PM
blah blah blah...... Shockey is home at least. He blends in well with the filth down there. I will give New Orleans some props...the cane sugar is good.

Clever Trevor
2/8/2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah, Houston was never named the murder capital before the N'awliners showed up. :rolleyes: It held the distinction a few times BEFORE Katrina.

Half a Hundred
2/8/2010, 09:44 PM
And tomorrow we're gonna PARTY with the LOMBARDI !

Hopefully sipping on some Bacardi.

Curly Bill
2/8/2010, 10:09 PM
I'm sure most of the peeps in NO are great folks...

...Only reason being most of the trash is now living in other states on the public dime. :D

Collier11
2/9/2010, 12:49 AM
I too was in Nawlins for the 03 Sugar Bowl, this was my experience

Good food
Had the best time of my life
Drank alot
Cool sites to see

The people, mostly LSU fans, were mostly unbearable. Imagine the biggest idiot texas fan and times it by 5. Having said that, I partied with alot of LSU fans after the game and had fun, but thats probably cus I stayed in one place all night and wasnt walking around

The City itself is a disgusting dump

As for the Katrina issue, it was horrible what happened, I wasnt certain that it was necessary to rebuild just because of the possibility of history repeating itself. I have opinions on those people who didnt leave the city in time but I will keep those to myself

sooner59
2/9/2010, 12:58 AM
I was a freshmen when we played LSU in '03. A guy I knew in the dorms said he was walking from the stadium after the game with his dad and drunk LSU fans were trying to start a fight with them and they were throwing glass beer bottles at them. They were sad that we lost and just wanted to go back to their hotel. And these people were just being disgusting ***holes. People like that are the scum of the Earth.

SteelClip49
2/9/2010, 01:23 AM
Any "Sooner" fan that defends New Orleans is not a Sooner and really a French bastard who blends in well with the skunks down there.

And for the blowhards who are negging me because of my comments obviously didn't experience the before and aftermath of the 2004 Sugar Bowl in the streets.

Read what Sooner59 said......BINGO!

Nothing good comes out of Louisiana except for cane sugar, corn, lima beans and peanuts.

New Orleans smells so bad that even illegal Mexicans will swim back toward Mexico and be grateful.

rainiersooner
2/9/2010, 01:57 AM
I was a freshmen when we played LSU in '03. A guy I knew in the dorms said he was walking from the stadium after the game with his dad and drunk LSU fans were trying to start a fight with them and they were throwing glass beer bottles at them. They were sad that we lost and just wanted to go back to their hotel. And these people were just being disgusting ***holes. People like that are the scum of the Earth.

Yeah well they're from Baton Rouge. I'm sure that town is a piece of Sh*t.

SteelClip49
2/9/2010, 02:02 AM
Miles added to the *********gery.

rainiersooner
2/9/2010, 02:04 AM
Any "Sooner" fan that defends New Orleans is not a Sooner and really a French bastard who blends in well with the skunks down there.

And for the blowhards who are negging me because of my comments obviously didn't experience the before and aftermath of the 2004 Sugar Bowl in the streets.

Read what Sooner59 said......BINGO!

Nothing good comes out of Louisiana except for cane sugar, corn, lima beans and peanuts.

New Orleans smells so bad that even illegal Mexicans will swim back toward Mexico and be grateful.

I wouldn't neg you - you've got the right to be stupid and at the end of the day we share a love for the Sooners, so you're better than the rest. But man, some of the ignorant bile that is being spewed here about New Orleans because what...some drunk Cajun bumped into you on Bourbon Street...you didn't get laid...Glen Beck told you to hate Ray Nagin??? Are ya'll kidding me? I feel sorry for anyone who has been to New Orleans and can't appreciate it for what it is - a one of kind, magical city full of music, food, sex, architecture, etc. Is it a perfect city? Hell no. But hating New Orleans is like hating Santa Claus.

Collier11
2/9/2010, 02:07 AM
what if Santa hadnt bathed in years? :D

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2010, 02:26 AM
Or if Santa got drunk and spewed vomit all over his beard. :D

Lima beans?

SteelClip49
2/9/2010, 02:43 AM
surprisingly yes...some good lima beans come from the Lafayette area.

TUSooner
2/9/2010, 08:41 AM
Once again, and please get it right this time:
LSU is NOT the Saints.
Saints fans >>>>>>>>> LSU fans.
Typical LSU fan = arrogant, semi-literate, redneck lout
Typical Saints fan = passionate but friendly die-hard

LA.SoonerFan
2/9/2010, 08:55 AM
Let me fill ya'll in on some info. Not all LSU fans are digusting pricks. Not all Saints fans are disgusting pricks. There are LSU and Saints fans all over the state, and most are great people. Only a very small percentage of LSU fans were even down in N.O. for the Sugar Bowl. Don't hate the state and the people of LA. just because some of you had a bad experience with a "few" bad apples. I will agree N.O. is a dirty city (French Quarter), but there are good people down there too.

SteelClip49
2/9/2010, 09:00 AM
a few?

I am sure there are LSU fans and Saints fans that differ from each other. But I guarantee you that a lot of the people that were there for the 2004 Sugar Bowl I bet were a combo of Saints fans, LSU fans and just state pride fans. Either way, they all came together as one therefore everywhere we went there was not one fan who was nice or wanted to talk about the game. They just wanted to start a fight, etc.

I will also add that Shreveport is a dump as well.

StoopTroup
2/9/2010, 09:21 AM
Albert?

Actually, this is what's been hardest for most New Orleanians, being told by some of our fellow Americans that we don't matter any more and that we deserve all the **** that comes our way because we're just a bunch of lazy n*****s (the last word being implied but unspoken).

But it's all right, now. (In fact it's a gas.) :cool:

Well....at least you all ain't a bunch of Retards.

I just though I'd throw that in as it seems to be the outrage word of the week. :D

StoopTroup
2/9/2010, 09:23 AM
Let me fill ya'll in on some info. Not all LSU fans are digusting pricks. Not all Saints fans are disgusting pricks. There are LSU and Saints fans all over the state, and most are great people. Only a very small percentage of LSU fans were even down in N.O. for the Sugar Bowl. Don't hate the state and the people of LA. just because some of you had a bad experience with a "few" bad apples. I will agree N.O. is a dirty city (French Quarter), but there are good people down there too.

When you have a sample of say 40,000 LSU Fans and only 10 aren't pricks....we should realize the rest of you all are OK and that the only pricks are LSU Fans that actually go to the games?

I'm confused now. :D ;) :pop:

I do think that Les Miles is a prick and I think he fits like a glove down there.

Sooner04
2/9/2010, 10:33 AM
Any one else getting hate-filled messages from FmrEmpOUathdept in their reputation feature? I think it's plain to see why he's a "former employee" of our fine university.

SteelClip49
2/9/2010, 10:37 AM
dude..you first negged me for no apparent reason. You sent crap first. Besides, since you are only 27, you don't have the elder rights to neg me. You are just as ignorant and foolish as I can be at times. Don't act like you are high and above everyone else.

TUSooner
2/9/2010, 10:38 AM
Any one else getting hate-filled messages from FmrEmpOUathdept in their reputation feature?.....

I probably should be. :P

Sooner04
2/9/2010, 10:49 AM
dude..you first negged me for no apparent reason. You sent crap first. Besides, since you are only 27, you don't have the elder rights to neg me. You are just as ignorant and foolish as I can be at times. Don't act like you are high and above everyone else.
So, in your eyes, enjoying New Orleans for the food (bignets) while at the Sugar Bowl means I spent my time at the game blowing an LSU fan? Pretty childish, dude.

Oldnslo
2/9/2010, 11:35 AM

I'm 45. Can I neg you for spewing stupidity? Or is it just enough for you to know that you've impressed me.

I'm not a Sooner because I love New Orleans? Jump up and kiss my ***, pal.

LA.SoonerFan
2/9/2010, 11:49 AM
When you have a sample of say 40,000 LSU Fans and only 10 aren't pricks....we should realize the rest of you all are OK and that the only pricks are LSU Fans that actually go to the games?

I'm confused now. :D ;) :pop:

I do think that Les Miles is a prick and I think he fits like a glove down there.

There are plenty of LSU fans that go to the games that are pricks, but there are way more than 10 that are not. Some of the LSU fans that do not go to games are pricks, but many aren't. There you go. Miles is not a prick, he's just an idiot.

soonervegas
2/9/2010, 11:57 AM
Are a good portion of LSU fans aholes? Yes. (I was in N.O. in 2004)
Are most Saints fans LSU fans too? Almost certainly.
Is Shreveport the unshaved, uneducated taint of the U.S? Yes.
Is New Orleans a great American city? Yes.

That's my personal experience.

KantoSooner
2/9/2010, 12:15 PM
I spend a certain portion of my life in Lafayette and New Iberia. Like the area. Got into a football discussion at a bar down there and had to put up with intense homerism (though, really, what did I expect?). But I also got the following comment that was agreed to by the bar at large, "Well, at least you're from OU. You all are serious. Not like the rest of the country."

Under the circumstances, it felt complementary.

And then they bought me beer. And snacks.

I'm not easy, but I'm cheap.

rainiersooner
2/9/2010, 12:33 PM
what if Santa hadnt bathed in years? :D

Fair point!

2/9/2010, 12:45 PM
WHAT A THREAD! YEOW!

SteelClip49
2/9/2010, 12:51 PM
Keep the Hornets, keep the Saints.....move the Sugar Bowl to Houston. Sugar is known well in Houston.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/9/2010, 12:51 PM
LES MILES HATES BOOBIES

Bourbon St Sooner
2/9/2010, 03:10 PM
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

Suck it haters!

SteelClip49
2/9/2010, 03:55 PM
Instead of the Wheaties Box....maybe the team can be featured on a giant can of Lysol or container of Febreze.

Socrefbek
2/9/2010, 05:34 PM
I work in the oil industry and I've had to endure +3 year work assignments in New Orleans on 2 separate occasions. One stint spanned the infamous Sugar Bowl.

God willing I will never have to experience living there or dealing with those predominately ignorant people ever again. Yes, LSU fans as a whole are the most vile fanbase I have ever encountered. I have lived in Houston since 2005 and Longhorn fans as a whole have more class in their left pinky than LSU fans.

That being said, there are also alot of good folks in the greater New Orleans area and I have some very good friends there. No one deserves to go through what they did during Katrina.

starclassic tama
2/9/2010, 10:36 PM
Instead of the Wheaties Box....maybe the team can be featured on a giant can of Lysol or container of Febreze.

some dude from new orleans definitely banged this guys girlfriend

Crucifax Autumn
2/9/2010, 11:43 PM
Seriously, about the only thing dumber than building a city BELOW SEA LEVEL next to a lake and a river that both routinely flood AND get hit by hurricanes is to build a city on top of a volcano.

Well shat...At least they aren't exicans. They'd have just built the damned city ON the lake!

Collier11
2/9/2010, 11:44 PM
some dude from new orleans definitely banged this guys girlfriend

doubt that guy has a GF

OK2LA
2/10/2010, 12:07 AM

Is Dooshnozzle a word?

Collier11
2/10/2010, 02:07 AM

But he does have you by post count so you should call it a draw

SteelClip49
2/10/2010, 09:54 AM
star kist tuna...

lame responses like yours get you nowhere.

Obviously people are disgusted with you if you have a lot of neg spek.

TUSooner
2/10/2010, 01:08 PM
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

Suck it haters!

THIS ^^^^^
:D

Hey, FmrEmp, what did you do for OUAthDep? I suspect you were in charge of the sweaty jock straps and probably got fired for taking them home and sniffing them. You are innerweb lameness. See the messsage from my buddy Bourbon St. :D

TXBOOMER
2/10/2010, 08:20 PM
F the NFL! Boomer Sooner!

2/10/2010, 08:37 PM
F the NFL! Boomer Sooner!Well, duh!

SoonerStormchaser
2/12/2010, 12:55 AM
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop::pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: