PDA

View Full Version : Major Prayers and Good thots Needed.

olevetonahill
2/7/2010, 05:11 PM
Dayum,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100207/ap_on_bi_ge/us_middletown_explosion

Chuck Bao
2/7/2010, 05:30 PM
Wow! 620MW is not a small power plant. My prayers are with the survivors and the families and friends of those killed in the explosion.

olevetonahill
2/7/2010, 05:48 PM
My Sons work on these things .
Just another thing For Dad to worry about.

Chuck Bao
2/7/2010, 06:07 PM
Prayers for your sons, as well, Olevet.

At one point, I was considering setting up a group of investors to build an independent gas-fired power plant in southern Oklahoma. Local landowners are sitting on a lot of natural gas and not getting any benefit from it. It is not enough to build pipelines to the northern states, but it is enough to power our own power plant. Any of you oil men and geologist agree? I am curious as to what percentage of OG&E electricity is generated from local natural gas. Anyone know?

SoonerInKCMO
2/7/2010, 06:20 PM
At one point, I was considering setting up a group of investors to build an independent gas-fired power plant in southern Oklahoma. Local landowners are sitting on a lot of natural gas and not getting any benefit from it. It is not enough to build pipelines to the northern states, but it is enough to power our own power plant. Any of you oil men and geologist agree? I am curious as to what percentage of OG&E electricity is generated from local natural gas. Anyone know?

Tables 4 & 5 from this page (http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/electricity/st_profiles/oklahoma.html) will give you an idea of overall electric generation sources and trends in Oklahoma. As for how much of that natural gas is produced within the state, I really don't know. You could probably get a good guesstimate though by sifting through the natural gas data on the EIA site.

Chuck Bao
2/7/2010, 06:44 PM
Thank you SoonerInKCMO for that data. I do not understand either table 4 or 5. It is interesting that natural gas accounted for 50.6% of the generaling capacity in 1997 and 41.2% in 2007. But in terms of generating megawatt/hours electricity production from natural gas increased from 23.7% in 1997 to 26.3% in 2007. I am just not getting the domestic sources of energy declined so much in that 10 year period. Does that mean that Oklahoma is buying much more of its electricity from other states?