PDA

View Full Version : I think the Sooners will be very strong next year...

Soonerus
2/6/2010, 12:17 AM
...probable BCS National Championship game...

JLEW1818
2/6/2010, 12:21 AM
I'd say 10% chance

sooner ngintunr
2/6/2010, 12:23 AM
****in rus... jinx just isn't in your vocab.

Soonerus
2/6/2010, 12:24 AM
I'd say 10% chance

85% chance...

LA.SoonerFan
2/6/2010, 12:33 AM
The only thing that would make me happier for OU to make the the NC game would be to win it. I think it's a little wishful thinking for the NC game. BCS bowl very possible.

SunnySooner
2/6/2010, 12:39 AM
Hell, yeah!!! It's the best thing about the offseason, we're undefeated!!!:D :D :D

But I'm with ya, I think we'll have a great year as well. BOOMER!!!

Soonerus
2/6/2010, 12:41 AM
We will win it all next year !!!!

JLEW1818
2/6/2010, 12:42 AM

and the next!

sooner ngintunr
2/6/2010, 12:43 AM

WTF happened to this year?!:mad:

Soonerus
2/6/2010, 12:51 AM
Next MNC is 2011 game...

Leroy Lizard
2/6/2010, 01:03 AM
What's Dean Blevin's prediction? I'm dying to know.

olevetonahill
2/6/2010, 01:03 AM
I Agree Rus we go Undefeated.

Im a Rodeo Rider , Lookin fer 8 :D

olevetonahill
2/6/2010, 01:05 AM
What's Dean Blevin's prediction? I'm dying to know.

84/32
pay tention

BoomerJ
2/6/2010, 01:22 AM
So you're sayin' there's a chance.

GKeeper316
2/6/2010, 02:59 AM
we'll be good.

so will lots of other teams, tho. i love my sooners, and if i had it my way we'd win every game by halftime, but those other teams want to win just as bad. theres no way to account for the "hungry" factor.

OU_Sooners75
2/6/2010, 04:00 AM
I really do not see many teams being better than OU next fall.

Florida? Maybe, but with their God gone, Brantley has a tough job to fill. They also lose a some damn good defensive players, along with their Co-Defensive Coordinator.

USC? Nope!

Ohio State? No. Sure Pryor will be fun to watch, but lets face it, they are a big 10 school.

Texas? They must replace a lot of key players that have led that team for the last 4+ years. Hard to overcome that as we all know.

Alabama? Yeah, maybe.

I think OU goes into the 2010 season inside the top 10, may not be the top 5 though.

However, it will all come down to if we can stay away from that damn injury bug we seem to be having since 2000.

If we can stay way from injuries and grab back the Sooner Magic that has been missing for awhile now, we should be in great shape!

We will make the BCS CG? I dont know. But I like our chances at winning the Big 12 Conference.

olevetonahill
2/6/2010, 04:14 AM
WE Win it All with Shut outs every game .:D

http://www.adderworld.com/pictures/Power_of_Positive_thinking.jpg

Leroy Lizard
2/6/2010, 04:17 AM
Every year there is a team that we think is on the way out, but ends up having a great season. With that said, I have this uneasy feeling about USC. New coach, program possibly in trouble, coming off a bad season...

OU_Sooners75
2/6/2010, 04:20 AM
Every year there is a team that we think is on the way out, but ends up having a great season. With that said, I have this uneasy feeling about USC. New coach, program possibly in trouble, coming off a bad season...

USC may be that team. But I think it may be Texas. Solid foundation and solid coaching.

sendbaht
2/6/2010, 05:50 AM
We win all games with baylor being the only close game.

Which ever BCS game we reach we blast them all over Gods green earth.

olevetonahill
2/6/2010, 05:53 AM
We win all games with baylor being the only close game.

Which ever BCS game we reach we blast them all over Gods green earth. :D

and then str8 to hell :D

VA Sooner
2/6/2010, 08:09 AM
Beat Texas and I'm happy.

Then beat OK State and I'll be happier.

Win the Big 12 and the season is set.

Whatever bowl games come our way, finish with a win and another good off-season.

KiiDSooNER
2/6/2010, 10:36 AM
The top teams that we'll have to lookout for are:

Alabama: They'll still have McElroy, Ingram and Julio Jones. Defensively, I believe they'll take a dip, but Saban has done an excellent job recruiting so they'll have a bunch of young guys who'll be ready.

Ohio State: Yes they play in the Big 10, but take a look at the Big 10. They can easily go undefeated next season, and will be a lock in the NC. just gotta get by Iowa though.

Boise State: They return a ton of starters, and they'll be ranked high. If they have another undefeated season, they're a lock in the NC.

Virginia Tech: Tyrod Taylor returns, Ryan Williams returns. I think we're all forgetting the original running back though, Darren Evans. That will be a scary trio.

Oregon: Depends on the Masoli incident. You gotta believe that if they can win the Pac-10, they'll be ranked high.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/6/2010, 11:37 AM

Alabama: They'll still have McElroy, Ingram and Julio Jones. Defensively, I believe they'll take a dip, but Saban has done an excellent job recruiting so they'll have a bunch of young guys who'll be ready.
Nope-They won't get through that schedule.
Ohio State: Yes they play in the Big 10, but take a look at the Big 10. They can easily go undefeated next season, and will be a lock in the NC. just gotta get by Iowa though.
Yes
Boise State: They return a ton of starters, and they'll be ranked high. If they have another undefeated season, they're a lock in the NC.
Yes

Virginia Tech: Tyrod Taylor returns, Ryan Williams returns. I think we're all forgetting the original running back though, Darren Evans. That will be a scary trio.
Nope--they are the boy who cried wolf EVERY year.

Oregon: Depends on the Masoli incident. You gotta believe that if they can win the Pac-10, they'll be ranked high.
Nope.

my thoughts.

USC is more of a threat than Oregon. Oregon plays @Tennessee, @USC, @Cal, & @Oregon St. USC plays @Arizona @ND and @Stanford. Who has the easier schedule overall? ...USC...

Texas should see a drop off but they have an early game @TT. They also play @Nebraska who will be BLOOD THIRSTY and @KSU under Bill Snyder which is always scary. But they finish the season with 5/6 games at home. What a joke. Oh and that Nebraska game.. comes after a bye week after they get their asses handed to them in the Red River Rivalry.

I like Ohio State. A lot. They are legit. But if they get into a close game, can they rely on TP's quarterbacking ability? Or will it matter with their schedule?

The same applies for Boise State. I expect them to beat Virginia Tech. If they do, they will have a pretty clear road to the championship game. However, I still think people will hesitate to really put them in that spot. When push comes to shove, will people vote them over a 1-loss big conference team? History says no.

Alabama doesn't repeat simply because history says they don't. Teams don't win back-to-back championships very often. Their schedule is highlighted by games vsPSU, vsUF, @South Carolina (Spurrier has a knack for knocking off top teams), @Tennessee (rivalry), @LSU (rivalry), and vsAuburn (rivalry). I say they drop at least one game in their 5 week stretch that includes
10/2 FLORIDA
10/9 at South Carolina
10/16 OLE MISS
10/23 at Tennessee
11/6 at LSU

starclassic tama
2/6/2010, 05:13 PM
people need to get behind our damn quarterback. 26 TD passes for a redshirt freshman in his position with no o-line play or running game, one real threat at receiver and no tight end, is impressive. if he can cut his interceptions down and throw a few more TD passes and we get better o-line play, we will be right there in the mix. need to get that texas monkey off our back though

rainiersooner
2/6/2010, 07:47 PM
Per our schedule:

We will win against Air Force, Utah State, Iowa State, Colorado, Texas Tech.

We should win against Florida State, Missouri (away), Baylor (away).

The season hangs in the balance against Texas, Cincinnati (away), Texas A&M (away), and OSU (away). Of course, if we win the Big XII South, I think Nebraska will be a tough game in the CCG.

Of those last four, I think we should win against both A&M and OSU, so really, our season comes down to Texas and Cincinnati. There's no reason either of those games aren't winnable - so it's just going to come down to injuries and how the team plays on the day.

Jacie
2/6/2010, 10:11 PM
So one of Boise State or Virginia Tech gets a hickey in the loss column to start the season, which we can all attest, just kills the hope for a National Championship appearance real quick.

tOSU may not have such an easy conference schedule this year, playing @Wisconsin and @Iowa, with Penn State at home. They also play Miami, FL in Columbus . . .

Bama has an early game against Penn State, and plays at Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee and LSU. Anyone think they can run the table?

SUC should rebound in 2010, with a National Championship-type schedule. Everyone who'd like for OU to get another shot at em in the BCS just might get what they wish for.

If 2009 was a down year for the Big XII South, can anyone tell me why 2010 will be any better? It looks like of the big two in the South, sa*et will struggle having to break in Ponyboy's replacement, sand aggie should see a noticeable drop off w/o Leach as their head coach, Baylor is still Baylor, aggie will be worse, not better than 2009. Only OU and aTm should show marked improvement over last season.

JLEW1818
2/6/2010, 10:40 PM
Bama hosts Florida too

USC lost most of their oline. hopefully they lose a couple games.

If bama ran it again, they would be 26-0 in the regular season, for the last 3 years. that is amazing in the SEC.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2010, 04:10 AM

Alabama will be legit again next year. But you slow their running game, you beat them! Hell, Gillbert Grape almost pulled a comeback thanks to Texas slowing the rushing attack of Bama.

They are not a lock for the NC and they will not go undefeated.

You're joking, right? Boise State does not have the schedule to stay within the top 2 all season long undefeated or not.

VT is a popular pick every year, only to embarrass themselves during the season. No different in 2010.

Oregon gets tripped up by the 2010 PAC-10 Champ, Arizona. :eek:

there ya go.

boomerborn79
2/7/2010, 10:22 PM
Per our schedule:

The season hangs in the balance against Texas, Cincinnati (away), Texas A&M (away), and OSU (away). Of course, if we win the Big XII South, I think Nebraska will be a tough game in the CCG.

Of those last four, I think we should win against both A&M and OSU, so really, our season comes down to Texas and Cincinnati. There's no reason either of those games aren't winnable - so it's just going to come down to injuries and how the team plays on the day.

Cinci losses everyone including the coach. I bet it's alot like the bowl game they played in. OU big

StoopTroup
2/7/2010, 10:29 PM
Nate Hybl will lead us to the promiseland.

illinisooner
2/7/2010, 10:34 PM
You guys are going to hate me for saying this, but Iowa will be that Big 10 team that EVERYONE hates because they'll enter conference play undefeated and has an easy conference schedule. OSU and Penn St in Iowa City, and they're not a bad team to begin with. If Boise beats Va Tech in DC, I'm going to vomit.

IronHorseSooner
2/8/2010, 02:26 PM
Per our schedule:

I have been thinking the same way about this. I expect USAFA to gives a game for a while. They are good team that beat Houston last year. I believe that they were #1 in the FBS in pass defense last year. However, the game is in Norman, and we are defensively superior to them. Cincy replaces A LOT. They will push us early, maybe until the half, but they just don't have the horses that they had this year. A&M will be tough, but their D is quite bad, and most A&M fans have zero faith in their coaching staff to do any better. OSU will be worse. If they couldn't beat us with the guys that they had, there is no way that they will beat us with who they have left. It all comes down to * next year. I am convinced of it. Personnel-wise, the teams are quite similar and almost identical. I think Jones's experience in 2009, and the infusion of some play-making LBs make the difference. Not having Shipley is going to very bad for *.

SoonerInLubbock
2/8/2010, 04:15 PM

My post count obviously doesn't reflect this next statement. However, I have frequented these message boards since around 2003 or so. I have seen so many posts just like yours year after year. Heck I even bought into the hype myself at times. One thing I have learned over the years...don't count em before they hatch.

I do feel good about our chances at a BCS bowl game. But MNC we will just have to wait and see. Is it possible? well yes it's always possible for OU. Just don't count on it or invest too much emotionally.

Personally my heart can't take too much more emotional investment. If it happens well heck yeah let's celebrate. If it doesn't well just enjoy the good memories of that season and move on.
Just my thought's take em for what they are worth. :cool:

boomermagic
2/8/2010, 04:21 PM
people need to get behind our damn quarterback. 26 TD passes for a redshirt freshman in his position with no o-line play or running game, one real threat at receiver and no tight end, is impressive. if he can cut his interceptions down and throw a few more TD passes and we get better o-line play, we will be right there in the mix. need to get that texas monkey off our back though

This

goingoneight
2/8/2010, 05:59 PM
LJ also got thrown into two games without much time gameplanning as the starter. He might have been a bit better against Tejas had Sam Bradford not taken the previous three weeks as the starter. I've never thought he was BAD... just had a few bad days at the office (Tejas, Nebraska and Tech). Some games he was as good as having Sam back there (TU, A&M, KSU). The bowl game was against a "one-man-team," essentially... but he still had to go out there and win it. He was called upon to respond to adversity and even make up for a few of his own mistakes. He gave us reason to believe in him.

BoulderSooner79
2/8/2010, 06:08 PM
I think the NU defense may have been the best in the country the 2nd half of the season. LJ didn't do much worse against them than a certain 5th year senior/2 time Heisman finalist QB I can think of (who had a decent line).

spatton713
2/8/2010, 06:16 PM
I'd say 10% chance

ill go as high as 15%

Soonerus
2/8/2010, 06:19 PM
Nate Hybl will lead us to the promiseland.

Nobody even remembers Nate "dancing feet" Hybl...