PDA

View Full Version : This is one crazy winter....

jkjsooner
2/5/2010, 11:30 PM
So far here in DC we've had an 18 inch snow and a couple of 6-8 inch snows and now we've got this monster hitting us.

I was in Oklahoma for the Christmas Eve storm. I think I've seen 10 years worth of snow in one year. The only thing I missed was the massive ice storm which is fine by me considering my dad was without power for a week.

Crazy, crazy winter....

StoopTroup
2/5/2010, 11:38 PM
I hate ice worse than I hate snow.

SCOUT
2/6/2010, 12:29 AM
Its almost colder than normal....

:)

Okla-homey
2/6/2010, 08:11 AM
I shall post a memo to Al Gore on Monday and formally lodge a complaint as to this exceptionally unusual and chilly winter weather.

Stitch Face
2/6/2010, 11:32 AM
Dang. I thought this was going to be about a John Cusack movie sequel.

jkjsooner
2/6/2010, 12:40 PM
Ugh, we have nice evergreen trees behind our house which act as a good privacy break between us and the townhouses back there. This snow has obliterated those trees. I knew that was going to happen with the 2 feet of heavy snow. I tried to go back and knock the snow off but it was a losing cause. :(

In some suburbs they have had 32 inches of snow already and in the mountains they've had over 40 inches.

I have no idea how but we still have power!

1890MilesToNorman
2/6/2010, 12:59 PM
Mom went to OKC the day before that xmas storm, couple weeks later she went to Chicago for their storm and then back home to Maine for our 2 ft storm. It seemed to follow her everwhere she went.

1890MilesToNorman
2/6/2010, 01:00 PM
Oh, she only broke 3 ribs on her journey.

StoopTroup
2/6/2010, 02:18 PM
Damn 1890. She's OK right?

Broken ribs suck.

1890MilesToNorman
2/6/2010, 02:20 PM
Considering her other ailments the ribs didn't phase her.

StoopTroup
2/6/2010, 02:21 PM
Getting old sucks. Hope things get better for her.

okiewaker
2/6/2010, 07:20 PM
I called my cousin in Pa. They are 18 inches into it with alot more coming.

fadada1
2/7/2010, 10:20 PM
we're moving to philly from rochester, ny very soon. philly had more snow on friday/saturday than we've had all of jan/feb. and we have a gigantic snow maker just north of us, called lake ontario.

ouwasp
2/8/2010, 01:16 AM
hey fadada1, if you have kids (or if you don't), you need to take time this next summer to go to Hersheypark, just a couple hours to the west... great fun if there's anything left after the "Snowmageddon"

King Barry's Back
2/8/2010, 06:25 AM
jkj,

Too bad I left DC last summer and thus missed the storm of the century.

Had a record winter like that though back in Jan-Mar 1996 -- my first full winter in the Capitol City. I was living in the Capitol Hill neighborhood and had a blast. All the restaurants ran out of food and nothing was open, so everybody just walked to everybody else's houses and hung out. Lots of good memories.

Now, I did miss the Snowmaggedon or whatever he calls it, but here in Germany we are getting whacked, too.

Nothing like the mega-storms, but we had snow EVERYDAY for about three weeks. We've finally had a break for the past 5 days, but as I've never lived here before I have no idea when this winter will end.

The Germans I know are telling me they've never seen a winter like this. They call it "crazy."

Has made for some skiing in the Alps, though.

So, when OK, DC and Germany (where I have lived 40 of my 44 years) are all getting buried at the same time, I am officially announcing that I will no longer worry about global warming.

soonerboomer93
2/8/2010, 11:33 AM
It's 62 outside right now

50% chance of rain though...

fadada1
2/8/2010, 11:48 AM
hey fadada1, if you have kids (or if you don't), you need to take time this next summer to go to Hersheypark, just a couple hours to the west... great fun if there's anything left after the "Snowmageddon"

was there when i was a kid... same with the wife. have family in hershey. no kids for us, so going to the park probably won't happen at this point. but the chocolate factory.... mmmmmmmmmmm.

StoopTroup
2/8/2010, 12:05 PM
We got a nice snow storm going right now. No ice....lots of snow.

jkjsooner
2/8/2010, 02:17 PM
Had a record winter like that though back in Jan-Mar 1996 -- my first full winter in the Capitol City.

Yep, I was here in Jan of '96. It was my second winter out here. '94/'95 was a pretty decent winter as well. I remember thinking about how much snow they get here and then we got very little snow for 5 or 6 years.