PDA

View Full Version : Big XII predictions for '10

Herr Scholz
2/5/2010, 09:47 PM
Who wins the North and South divisions and why? I predict the winner of UT/OU in the South and KSU in the North.

I don't think Nebraska is going to be as good without Suh (duh). Not sold on their O at all. We held them to 100 yards of total offense. I think Snyder has something left too. Wouldn't count out Mizzou either. They just inked a very nice class.

Texas vs. OU will be a dogfight as usual. Does UT get a running game going? How does Greg Davis tweek the gameplan without a running QB? Which young WRs step up? Both defenses will be solid as usual in this game. Which WRs besides Broyles step up bigtime for OU? Does Landry take a leap? Can Murray stay healthy? Which O line develops better? How do the coaching staffs change in this game? Venables had our number last time. Does Muschamp continue to thrive with even more of "his guys"?

Not trying to flame. Want an honest discussion here. Please try to avoid the usual "you lost... and won't be as good and we lost... but our backups are better than them anyway..." Both teams will simply be reloading at most positions.

Collier11
2/5/2010, 09:52 PM
I think this year more than any in a while, the Red River winner will run away with the South. To me it comes down to this, Davis's offenses have struggled when he doesnt have a running QB, can he adapt and find a running game. Will your Oline recover from the losses.

For OU, will our Oline gel and will our DBs step up, will Landry continue to progress. Of course I think OU will win the south but I see it like this

OU
ut
Baylor-yes I went there, have you seen the recruiting that Briles has done
Tech
osu
a&m

In the North, I really like Mizzous young QB, I like what Snyder is doing and Pelini is tearing it up so far

I say Mizzou
Neb
Kstate
Kansas
Iowa st
colorado

Herr Scholz
2/5/2010, 10:04 PM
I think this year more than any in a while, the Red River winner will run away with the South.
Agree.

To me it comes down to this, Davis's offenses have struggled when he doesnt have a running QB, can he adapt and find a running game. Will your Oline recover from the losses.
Valid points. Davis has shown the ability to craft his offense around the talent he has but a running QB has made him most successful. Applewhite was good and we were good running the I formation with Ricky but couldn't get over the hump.

They've said we're sticking with the passing offense so if we can't get the running game going, we'll be in trouble. We've been spoiled with VY and Colt recently being able to get us out of trouble with their legs.

Not sure what to think about our O line losses. On the one hand, Hall (C), Tanner (G) and Ulatowski (T) were experienced veterans but it seemed they maxed out their potential. They were absolutely abused vs. Suh. Don't know if the younger guys on the 2 deep will help with run blocking. We still will have 3 SRs starting (Huey, Hix and Allen) and 1 JR (Snow) though so it's not like it will be green. Gelling is always the issue.

Collier11
2/5/2010, 10:10 PM
Hell, they were abused by OUs Dline as well, I could see change helping but obviously you saw with OU how a lack of cohesiveness can hurt you.

Here is another point to consider, with barely beating an average OU team and losing the natl title game, has Mack lost any confidence. I though 05 was just a huge mismatch, I thought Stoops outcoached Mack in 06 and Mack outcoached Stoops in 07 and 08, even though we lost I think Stoops outcoached Mack last yr and nearly won with half a team.

Can Stoops get in Macks head next year like he used to, I honestly think that is a legit question?

JLEW1818
2/5/2010, 10:10 PM
OU-ut will be a toss up for the 4th straight year

horns play OU, @Nebraska, @Kstate, and @ Tech

there has to be a loss in there somewhere

I don't think the Big 12 winner will go the national title at this point

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 10:14 PM
Until I can believe in this Oline, I have to say.....someone else

Herr Scholz
2/5/2010, 10:18 PM
Hell, they were abused by OUs Dline as well, I could see change helping but obviously you saw with OU how a lack of cohesiveness can hurt you.
Yes and yes, but you guys were decimated with injuries too.

Here is another point to consider, with barely beating an average OU team and losing the natl title game, has Mack lost any confidence. I though 05 was just a huge mismatch, I thought Stoops outcoached Mack in 06 and Mack outcoached Stoops in 07 and 08, even though we lost I think Stoops outcoached Mack last yr and nearly won with half a team.

Can Stoops get in Macks head next year like he used to, I honestly think that is a legit question?
Legit. I think it's bigger than Mack vs. Stoops though. The coaching staffs changed a lot in the middle of last decade. When you had Leach, Mike Stoops and Mangino, we were clearly outmatched. Don't know if that's the case anymore and that Muschamp guy is starting to grow on me.

I think it's more of a Davis vs. Venables and Wilson vs. Muschamp discussion.

Collier11
2/5/2010, 10:19 PM
probably right

Herr Scholz
2/5/2010, 10:24 PM
OU-ut will be a toss up for the 4th straight year

horns play OU, @Nebraska, @Kstate, and @ Tech

there has to be a loss in there somewhere

I don't think the Big 12 winner will go the national title at this point

I definitely like OU's schedule more than ours. Texas definitely won't run the table. If things go badly, I could honestly see 3-4 losses. Your games vs. FSU and at Cinci will be good ones but that obviously doesn't hurt you in conference. The only trip up games I see for you are at Mizzou and at A&M. It could easily be a season where we beat you and lose the South to you again.

JLEW1818
2/5/2010, 10:28 PM
looking like a 2007 for OU and texas, honestly... hell maybe even 2006

Herr Scholz
2/5/2010, 10:41 PM
looking like a 2007 for OU and texas, honestly... hell maybe even 2006

Well, yeah, we play KSU again. ;) Bastiges. Don't know if A&M's D will be good enough yet though.

JLEW1818
2/5/2010, 10:43 PM
yah not saying yall will necessarily lose those games. i just think each team has a good chance to lose 3 games this year

TXBOOMER
2/5/2010, 11:26 PM
I like the OU texass winner in the South. I look for the winner of this game to have 1 BS loss on the road and the loser to have 2 losses. OU and texass have way more talent than every other team they will play (maybe fsu is close talent wise). Maybe KSU in the North.

LA.SoonerFan
2/5/2010, 11:44 PM
OU in the south. I think Texas will struggle a little on offense without McCoy. The OU defense won't make it any easier for them. OU's D won't miss a beat next season. K State may be improved, but I still think Nebraska will take the north. Even without Suh, they will still have a solid D. Their offense will improve, but not enough to take down the Sooners in the Big 12 title game. Damn I hope this comes true.

UTgolfer
2/6/2010, 12:06 AM
UT's offense will get a huge boost with Irby and our other TE's healthy. Been a few seasons since a TE has factored into the game plan and that should provide both a target and outlet for Gilbert. The OL has some questions to answer but the defense should be salty. Schedule doesn't do us any favors this year and we could easily lose 3 games. Assuming OU's OL steps up and Murray is more consistent you guys have to be the favorite to win the south.

sooneron
2/6/2010, 12:08 AM
http://downlode.org/Creative/Writing/Notebook/Illustrations/itsatrap.jpg!!!

sooner ngintunr
2/6/2010, 12:31 AM
Are you all forgetting that we are the home team this year in the RRS? Thats gotta be worth something.;)

tuck fexas, they're gonna suck like they always do.:texan:

OU winning the south goes without saying.

I think Nebbish will still be the cream (corn) of the north.

sooner ngintunr
2/6/2010, 12:35 AM
Schedule doesn't do us any favors this year.

:texan: :texan: We have to leave the state of Texas twice this year!! Both times!!!!:texan: :texan:

JPNSKER
2/6/2010, 12:54 AM
OU vs NU for the Big XII, 2010. As it should be.:cool:

silverwheels
2/6/2010, 12:58 AM
Winner of Nebraska-Missouri in the North versus the winner of OU-Texas in the South. Don't see a serious BCS title contender coming out of the conference.

olevetonahill
2/6/2010, 01:00 AM
Saxet will Get shutout EVERY game this season

OU will Pitch Shutouts Every Game this Season.

Signed an OU Homer:D

meoveryouxinfinity
2/6/2010, 01:38 PM
In the North it usually comes down to who plays whom in the South. Ex: the team who plays OU and Texas that year will probably not win the North.
Nebraska plays @KSU, vsTexas, @Ok State, vsMizzou, @A&M
K State plays vsNebraska, vsOk State, vsTexas, @Mizzou
Mizzou plays @A&M, vsOU, @Nebraska, @TT

I think Nebraska loses to KSU & A&M, beats Texas, OSU, Missouri.
K State loses to Texas,beats Nebraska, Mizzou, and OSU.
Mizzou loses to A&M, OU, Nebraska, beats TT.
so the North will look something like 1. K State 2. Nebraska 3. Mizzou.

In the South OU only travels to Stillwater and College Station. Texas travels to Lubbock, Lincoln, and Manhattan. I think Texas loses to Nebraska and at least gets a scare against K State. I think we have a much better chance to win the South (even if we lose to them) because of schedule if nothing else. I don't think what is basically a freshman quarterback will fare well in those road games. We saw it last year with Landry Jones.

TXBOOMER
2/6/2010, 06:24 PM
Saxet will Get shutout EVERY game this season

OU will Pitch Shutouts Every Game this Season.

Signed an OU Homer:D

^THIS^

Herr Scholz
2/6/2010, 07:51 PM
I think we have a much better chance to win the South (even if we lose to them) because of schedule if nothing else. I don't think what is basically a freshman quarterback will fare well in those road games. We saw it last year with Landry Jones.
That's what my head tells me too. Those games in Lincoln, Manhattan and Lubbock will all be tossups for my Horns.

badger
2/6/2010, 08:22 PM
KSU recruiting was crap this year. Bill Snyder never should have came back. He's in over his head this time around. No way they take the north.

Mizzou and Nebbish battle it for the north (sorry Turner). OU and Texas battle for the south. Now that Tech has Tubby, no more worries about them beating us. As for the other three, none of their current coaches have ever beaten us in their current position (and Baylor has never beaten us, period).

OU-chaps0825
2/6/2010, 10:07 PM
Kansas State is going to be awful next year. Its definitely going to be Nebraska and the OU/Texas winner in the Big 12 Championship.

Collier11
2/6/2010, 10:56 PM
I think we have a much better chance to win the South (even if we lose to them) .

I dont know if I can handle losing to uterus 4 straight years, no thanks!

soonerloyal
2/6/2010, 11:23 PM
Now that Tech has Tubby, no more worries about them beating us.Actually, I'm hoping to see every Big 12 team TT plays beat the ever-lovin' snot outta them.

It could be a recurring sign: Welcome to the BIG 12, Tommy. Boo-hoo.

DakotaSooner
2/7/2010, 12:18 AM
OU vs NU Big XII title game

JLEW1818
2/7/2010, 12:19 AM
I'd love to go to Cowboy Stadium again

silverwheels
2/7/2010, 02:01 AM
I can watch a big screen for far cheaper at a bar or something.

JLEW1818
2/7/2010, 02:06 AM
don't sit at the top. first 2 levels are fine.

Best Stadium in the world

and i hate the cowboys

silverwheels
2/7/2010, 02:09 AM
Most overrated stadium in the world. If OU-Texas ever moves there, I'm not going, unless it's free.

JLEW1818
2/7/2010, 02:11 AM
I'll agree that it should never move.

I prefer one game in the Cotton Bowl this year, and one game in Jerry World. And one game at University of Phoenix Stadium (on the 10th)

Collier11
2/7/2010, 02:25 AM
I think it should move, why should the biggest rivalry in CFB be relegated to that ****hole in the ghetto

silverwheels
2/7/2010, 02:37 AM
I think it should move, why should the biggest rivalry in CFB be relegated to that ****hole in the ghetto

That's part of its greatness, and the State Fair is the ultimate backdrop for the game. It will be just another random neutral-site game if it gets moved to Arlington.

And you're there for not even half a day one time a year. If you need to be in JerryWorld to enjoy a football game, you might as well stay home.

yankee
2/7/2010, 02:38 AM

i'd rather have it at fair park than that spaceship just because i don't want to pad jerry's pockets...good enough reason for me.

Collier11
2/7/2010, 02:45 AM
there is actually talk about moving the state fair to Arlington, not sure how legit it is?

silverwheels
2/7/2010, 02:47 AM
If it's Jerry Jones behind it, it's probably legit. He wants to be the center of attention for the whole universe.

Collier11
2/7/2010, 02:56 AM
why do you think there is never a 6pm red river game, cus of the ghetto azz location of the cotton bowl

silverwheels
2/7/2010, 02:59 AM
why do you think there is never a 6pm red river game, cus of the ghetto azz location of the cotton bowl

Uh...no ****. I prefer day games, anyway, so we can get them out of the way and I won't have to worry about them all day.

Collier11
2/7/2010, 03:00 AM
I love night games, sorry...I would love a 6pm OU/tx game

silverwheels
2/7/2010, 03:01 AM
Good for you.

Collier11
2/7/2010, 03:01 AM
the all day build up of that would be amazing

silverwheels
2/7/2010, 03:04 AM
It probably would be, but I don't think it's worth it to move the game into Jerry's pocket.

Collier11
2/7/2010, 03:05 AM
I dont mind them keeping it at the Cotton Bowl but they need to do alot more than they have to fix that dump up

mightysooner
2/7/2010, 05:42 PM
I think aTm has a good season next year and finishes third in the South. They'll be the surprise team in the South.

sooneron
12/8/2010, 10:52 PM
he had such high aspirations...

...3 losses..

*sniff*

Soonerwake
12/8/2010, 10:59 PM
OU vs NU Big XII title game

Props for this one...

Soonerwake
12/8/2010, 11:02 PM
:texan: If things go badly, I could honestly see 3-4 losses. :texan:

So, what would 7 losses be, a complete disaster?? :D

ouwasp
12/8/2010, 11:50 PM
someone, post that "murderer's row" cartoon of Baylor, ISU, and KSU! :D

thurman murman
12/9/2010, 12:29 AM
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/landsberger2/murderersrow.jpg

Soonerfan88
12/9/2010, 12:53 AM
Yes, I know it's supporting a Hook 'em but I just might have to order that t-shirt.

http://www.cafepress.com/prevailandride

Sooner95
12/9/2010, 07:30 AM
LOL that's awesome...

love reading the predicts, just goes to show, you can never foresee what's going to happen completely.

MamaMia
12/9/2010, 08:45 AM
he had such high aspirations...

...3 losses..

*sniff*My goodness! What happened to your first post? Thats the biggest deletion I have ever seen. I like the no stretching of the page feature. :D

MamaMia
12/9/2010, 08:58 AM
I was thinking either OU/TX against NU in the beginning. I had a good feeling walking into the Cotton Bowl stadium that day. I knew it was going to be our day to celebrate. Fun times. I had no idea UT would suck THAT badly this last season. :D

sooneron
12/10/2010, 10:59 PM
My goodness! What happened to your first post? Thats the biggest deletion I have ever seen. I like the no stretching of the page feature. :D

:D

unbiasedtruth
12/10/2010, 11:06 PM
murderer's row t-shirt would be a good one to wear to the OU/ut game next october....