PDA

View Full Version : Haha....new recruits clip

mightysooner
2/5/2010, 05:51 PM
Just found this and don't know if it's been posted but I like the attitude of this incoming class. They get it already.....

Watch the obvious swagger they have and it gets funny toward the end of the tape when she asks them about about protecting a Texas' QB recruit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpGs7u1uTgo&feature=related

These kids look and sound like Sooners. That's swagger! I like this class already!

boomersooner28
2/5/2010, 05:54 PM
"I gave up 2 sacks" :D :D :D :D :D

SunnySooner
2/5/2010, 06:03 PM
"We're goin' to Oklahoma for a reason, that's to win championships." Hell, yeah!!! Love it, great clip.

goingoneight
2/5/2010, 06:08 PM
There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Hopefully they back it up and don't go all 2005 on us.

mightysooner
2/5/2010, 06:08 PM
Haha....I can't stop watching this clip.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/7/2010, 02:28 PM
JpGs7u1uTgo

swag... yep.

Tigeman
2/7/2010, 09:44 PM
"I gave up two sacks /m\".... HAHA. That's great.

The kid can think quick on his feet.... I love it! LOL

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2010, 09:56 PM
Now I want to know what they think when they finally get to go against older more experienced players in Norman.

Powell and Still may start next year. But this (the video) is either arrogance, or just extreme confidence.

I hope it is the latter.

BoulderSooner79
2/7/2010, 11:35 PM
Miami can keep that helmet swingin' swagger thing down at thug U. But these kids were just having fun with a reporter after an all-star game. Confidence is good and I like the sense of humor. Gotta love that comment that *we* are the best recruiting class this year. (As opposed to *I* am god's gift to football).

yankee
2/7/2010, 11:58 PM
Powell and Still may start next year. But this (the video) is either arrogance, or just extreme confidence.

or maybe it's just 18 year old future teammates having fun???

OU_Sooners75
2/8/2010, 12:07 AM
or maybe it's just 18 year old future teammates having fun???

There is no doubt they were having fun. Glad they were too.

However, my statement stands. It was either arrogance or extreme confidence (which I hope it was).

rainiersooner
2/8/2010, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=OU_Sooners75;2831901]Now I want to know what they think when they finally get to go against older more experienced players in Norman.

Powell and Still may start next year. But this (the video) is either arrogance, or just extreme confidence.QUOTE]

Eh, or it's just some kids having fun. I'm sure Smitty will sort them out - I wouldn't read too much into it.

bmjlr
2/8/2010, 10:54 AM
Maybe it is just me, but I couldn't take my eyes off the reporter...what were they saying?

GKeeper316
2/8/2010, 11:03 AM
Now I want to know what they think when they finally get to go against older more experienced players in Norman.

I hope it is the latter.

should we bring in leach to tell em not to believe thier fat little girlfriends who tell em how great they are?

meoveryouxinfinity
2/8/2010, 01:10 PM

I hope it is the latter.

the interviewer asked the question. Would you rather them say, "oh, i don't know. maybe i'll redshirt a year, learn the system real well, warm that bench my freshman and sophomore year, and finally start as a junior, and maybe become a star as a senior!!"

of course they're going to say they hope/expect to contribute as a true freshman.

goingoneight
2/8/2010, 01:26 PM
Humble is better than arrogant. Hopefully they were just "having fun." No way a group of high school kids is going to just collectively come into OU and fit right in. There's still a major adjustment to make. Guys like Sam who take it on humbly and intelligently are better than the "swaggers" typically.

47straight
2/8/2010, 09:23 PM
The OLine guy was clearly having fun. No problem.

Though I really doubt Stoops told Powell that he *would* play as a true freshman. If he's good enough, sure.

bmjlr
2/9/2010, 12:09 AM
Ummm...once again, she's hot!

Lott's Bandana
2/9/2010, 12:41 AM
She gaves me some swagger.

BoulderSooner79
2/9/2010, 08:48 AM
Ummm...once again, she's hot!

Yeah, it couldn't have been a bunch of 18yo boys flirting with the pretty reporter. It was swagger. :rolleyes:

freshchris05
2/9/2010, 09:13 AM
just kids havin fun... plus, they seem to be all about the university