PDA

View Full Version : So who's rooting for 3 Sooners

Bourbon St Sooner
2/5/2010, 11:24 AM
to win a Super Bowl ring this weekend, like Bob Stoops?

If you're rooting for that other team find another thread.

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!!!!

Jello Biafra
2/5/2010, 11:29 AM
im rooting for the saints because indy cut rocky.

im rooting for indy because i hate reggie bush...

this game is going to be a non factor for me.

SteelClip49
2/5/2010, 11:45 AM
New Orleans Saints are the equivalent of the LSU Tigers...screw then all!

JLEW1818
2/5/2010, 12:05 PM
I would never root for New Orleans

Breadburner
2/5/2010, 12:32 PM
Yup.....Go Colts.....

MamaMia
2/5/2010, 12:43 PM
Because of the LSU fans, I hate Louisiana from LSU all the way to their pro team. Go Colts.

rawlingsHOH
2/5/2010, 12:54 PM
If Jammal Brown was playing I'd root for NO.

But I think I'll pull for Indy.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/5/2010, 01:19 PM
I thought I made it clear this was a Saints thread.

That's OK, all you losers can root for cow pie aggie, NFL style while JB, Remi, Garrett, Bob and I celebrate a SAINTS Super Bowl victory!

Dio
2/5/2010, 01:38 PM
<=================

In spite of large chunks of their fanbase.

pappy
2/5/2010, 01:46 PM
I'm going for the saints! They have OU players, Brees deserves a title and the saints have never been there before.

It should be a really fun game to watch with the 2 great offenses.

LA.SoonerFan
2/5/2010, 02:01 PM
Well, this is my first post. I've been reading the threads for a while, but haven't posted. I've lived in Louisiana my whole life. I'm a Saints fan, an LSU fan, and a die hard Sooner fan. I know what your thinking, LSU and OU , but I can assure you OU is number 1 in my heart. My mothers side of the family were all from Oklahoma. I felt like Oklahoma was a second home to me growing up. They got me hooked on the Sooners about 40 years ago, and I'm still hooked today. That being said, go Saints, and of course Sooners.

Soonermagik
2/5/2010, 02:16 PM
I'm pulling for the saints. Not only do they have several OU players on their team, but I'm sick of the Manning = Einstein talk.

Plus, it's always cool to see a team who has never won a super bowl finally get that win.

TXBOOMER
2/5/2010, 02:49 PM
I have 26 Manning rookie cards. Indy Dat Who!

boomersooner28
2/5/2010, 04:01 PM
I hate the entire state of Louisiana and everything about it. I guess that means I'm pulling for the Colts.

...sooner
2/5/2010, 04:07 PM
COOOOLTS! but go garrett & remi? ya? & if JB was playing him too. :D

LA.SoonerFan
2/5/2010, 04:09 PM
I hate the entire state of Louisiana and everything about it.

Why is that? Just curious. If it's because of south LA. and the culture, I can assure you all of Louisiana is not the same.

1890MilesToNorman
2/5/2010, 04:09 PM
I'm rooting for 6-3 in my $5 football pool. I'm in a $25 one too but don't know my numbers yet but I'll root fer them numbers too.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/5/2010, 04:19 PM
If you don't like Looosiana, you must be one of them blue staters.

Down with cow pie NFL aggie!

GO SAINTS!

MamaMia
2/5/2010, 05:20 PM
No self respecting Sooner should ever play for the stinking Saints.

silverwheels
2/5/2010, 05:36 PM
Go Colts. It's unfortunate that there are Sooners playing for the Saints, because I hate to cheer against former Sooners, but my dislike for the Saints is greater.

SunnySooner
2/5/2010, 05:42 PM
Geaux Saints!!!!!!!

For all the reasons stated above, plus I love me some beignets.:P :D

boomersooner28
2/5/2010, 05:51 PM
Why is that? Just curious. If it's because of south LA. and the culture, I can assure you all of Louisiana is not the same.

I probably shouldn't say I hate the entire state, since I've only been to Shreveport, which is probably the armpit of the state. But, Shreveport is a dump and everyone I encountered was rude. Also, just the stories I've heard about fellow Sooners being treated like complete crap by the LSU faithful and the LSU fans are obnoxious tards. BUT, seriously the main reason is probably the fact that the most arrogant, obnoxious person I know (coworker) is from Nawlins and everyone hates his guts. He is an *** and everyone at work is pullin for the Colts just because of that ******lord.

soonerspiff
2/5/2010, 06:02 PM
As a recently transplanted oklahoman turned Louisianian I've gotta say GEAUX SAINTS!

And yes, my LSU buddies are pretty obnoxious but I've enjoyed talking trash back and forth all season long. And the fact they hate Les Miles almost as much as I do makes me smile.

But ever since Hartley kicked the game winner for the NFC championship, I've heard nothing but praise for the Sooners playing for dem Saints.

WHO DAT?!?

SunnySooner
2/5/2010, 06:07 PM
Diehard LSU fans in my neighborhood own a lawn service...they've taken care of my yard and won't let me pay them ever since Mr. SS went on his desert vacation. Plus, they have a margarita machine that is always running. Good folks. They're not all *** hats.

SteelClip49
2/5/2010, 06:44 PM
anyone who roots for New Orleans also roots for LSU. I guarandamntee you that a lot of the tard LSU fans that were disgusting toward us during the Sugar Bowl trip are the same fans who are for the Saints.

New Orleans doesn't deserve squat. Hurricane Katrina failed by not doing more damage.

Indianapolis wins BIG!

boomersooner28
2/5/2010, 07:01 PM
Diehard LSU fans in my neighborhood own a lawn service...they've taken care of my yard and won't let me pay them ever since Mr. SS went on his desert vacation. Plus, they have a margarita machine that is always running. Good folks. They're not all *** hats.

Wow. That's cool.

soonerspiff
2/5/2010, 07:02 PM
New Orleans doesn't deserve squat. Hurricane Katrina failed by not doing more damage.

Wow...

Classy.

Eielson
2/5/2010, 07:03 PM
I'm still pissed at the Saints for those cheap shots on Favre.

TXBOOMER
2/5/2010, 07:13 PM
I feel for anyone that was impacted by Katrina but no more than I feel for people impacted by tornadoes, earth quakes, wild fires, car wrecks, cancer etc. I don't get that N.O. deserves a Super Bowl because of Katrina. I call straight up bull shat on that drama. Go Colts!

C&CDean
2/5/2010, 07:39 PM
Indy? Saints? Seriously, who give a ****? If my Packers ain't playing, I'm watching for the commercials. I've been to both cities numerous times, and they're both extremely un-attractive to me - but for vastly different reasons.

I just hope The Who's Depends hold out and they don't **** themselves on national TV.

Rocko
2/5/2010, 07:58 PM
anyone who roots for New Orleans also roots for LSU. I guarandamntee you that a lot of the tard LSU fans that were disgusting toward us during the Sugar Bowl trip are the same fans who are for the Saints.

Indianapolis wins BIG!

I think you need to rethink your statement. While I appreciate your passion for a sport, you are taking it too far. To wish harm on such a level to fellow Americans is pretty heavy stuff. Honestly though, you just come across as stupid.

LA.SoonerFan
2/5/2010, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=TXBOOMER;2830888 I don't get that N.O. deserves a Super Bowl because of Katrina.[/QUOTE]

They don't. They deserve a Super Bowl because they played well most of the season. They are there because they have the best offense in the NFL. Why do you think the Sooners played for a NC last year? It sure wasn't because of their defense. Believe me, most of us Louisianians are sick and tired of hearing about Katrina this and Katrina that.

SteelClip49
2/6/2010, 06:24 AM
Katrina victims asking us for help after what they did during the Sugar Bowl trip??? KMA with that crap. They don't deserve squat. Since Katrina....LSU has 1 BCS title, 1 CWS title, 1 Final Four and the Saints were handed the NFC title. There is nothing super coming their way unless it's another more-destructive Hurricane. Louisianans don't deserve to have Lombardi.

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/6/2010, 08:00 AM
Indy? Saints? Seriously, who give a ****? If my Packers ain't playing, I'm watching for the commercials. I've been to both cities numerous times, and they're both extremely un-attractive to me - but for vastly different reasons.

I just hope The Who's Depends hold out and they don't **** themselves on national TV.

deanster-i haven't been to nawlans, but i have been to indy a few times. wasn't bad at all. why you be hatin' on the indy??? :confused:

swardboy
2/6/2010, 10:35 AM
I.Couldn't.Care.Less......

Eielson
2/6/2010, 10:40 AM
We just need to get this game over with so that we can start talking about the Rams.

85sooners
2/6/2010, 02:34 PM
Because of the LSU fans, I hate Louisiana from LSU all the way to their pro team. Go Colts.yeah thats my thinking also SCREW ALL CAJUNS!!!!

Curly Bill
2/6/2010, 02:40 PM
Count me in as another that couldn't give a rats *ss.

I still don't know what time the game is even on, and I have no intention of trying to find out. :D

1890MilesToNorman
2/6/2010, 02:47 PM
You got time Curly, it's sometime in March.

Curly Bill
2/6/2010, 03:09 PM
You got time Curly, it's sometime in March.

Works for me. Maybe I can work up a give a damn by then. ;)

1890MilesToNorman
2/6/2010, 03:26 PM
:D

StoopTroup
2/6/2010, 04:04 PM
New Orleans has a football team?

When did that happen?

Dan Thompson
2/6/2010, 04:28 PM
I would have a hard time rooting for Chase Daniels and Reggie Bush.

soonerloyal
2/7/2010, 10:01 AM
I'm a bit confused. Did all the Nawlins haters feel the same way about the Hornets while they were in OKC? I thought they showed our Sooner State nuttin' but love?