PDA

View Full Version : Seantrel Henderson holding out! - Won't Sign LOI

Tigeman
2/4/2010, 01:34 AM
Seantrel Henderson Refusing to sign LOI (http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/top-usc-recruit-is-not-signed-yet/)

Seantrel Henderson, the highly recruited offensive lineman who announced Wednesday that he was going to Southern California, has not signed a letter of intent to play for the Trojans.

According to Henderson’s father, Sean, he will wait until U.S.C. appears before an N.C.A.A. infractions committee from Feb. 19-21 to hear about possible sanctions for the program before deciding whether to sign the letter. Though the Trojans are not likely to hear about any possible sanctions at that time, Sean Henderson said the hearing would give the family a sense of where the process was headed.

Henderson has until April 1 to sign a letter of intent. After that, Seantrel Henderson could find himself in a situation similar to Terrelle Pryor in 2008. Sean Henderson declined further comment.

Hmmmmm, seems to me if the school your looking at going to is getting investigated and the coach leaves b/c of it... and the school that the new coach came from is getting investigated.... Common sense would say to look elsewhere if your truly concerned about it.

I know he eliminated us, but man I would LOVEEEE SUC to lose this guy.

LawtonBoy74
2/4/2010, 02:53 AM
He should really just stay close to home and go to Minnesota if not there than tOSU...going to USC may make him homesick and he might not even be able to participate in any bowl games his whole college career if he choses SUC

Tigeman
2/4/2010, 12:53 PM
I've always said he ends up at ThugU if not SUC

sooner518
2/4/2010, 02:24 PM
you think the NCAA will ban SUC from bowl games? youre dreamin

Tigeman
2/4/2010, 03:30 PM
you think the NCAA will ban SUC from bowl games? youre dreamin

^^^^ They'll get a little slap and tickle! That's about it.

BoulderSooner79
2/4/2010, 03:36 PM
'SC is Henderson's first choice or he wouldn't have given the verbal. I doubt anything of note will happen at the infractions hearing, so he'll most likely end up a trojan.

Ruf/Nek7
2/4/2010, 10:48 PM
^^^^ They'll get a little slap and tickle! That's about it.

more tickle than slap!

picasso
2/5/2010, 01:50 PM
He's holding out? We don't want him if he has a habit of holding.

Soonermagik
2/5/2010, 02:22 PM
I think it's a smart move. USC has been telling him nothing will happen and he's not taking their word for it. He will know more about possible upcoming sanctions after the hearing.

If they get hammered i.e. no bowl games, scholarship reduction, no tv etc.. then he will jump ship and I wouldn't blame anyone for that.

With that said, how many times have we seen big time O-line guys end up as medicore or bust players? Remember that Youngblood kid who went to Miami? He was supposed to be the next for sure nfl all-pro talent. Not sure what happened to him, but he never lived up to the hype.

DakotaSooner
2/7/2010, 04:32 PM
Why would this kid go to USC with possible violations? USC is going down!