PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have AT&T Uverse TV/internet??

SunnySooner
2/3/2010, 07:02 PM
We've had Comcast forever, really tired of paying out the wazoo for not much. ATT says they'll give me add'l DVRs at no extra cost, more channels, 3 premium channels, etc. If I switch, I'll also get a $200 gift card, and $10 off my cell bill. So, I'd be getting a lot more TV, and save about $30 a month. But if it's crappy service, it's not worth it. Reviews I can find on the innerweb seem pretty good, just wondering if anyone has personal experience. THANKS!!!!!!!

NCSooner18
2/3/2010, 07:09 PM
We have had it for almost a year. Can't think of any issues. we had a bad receiver which they replaced.

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2010, 07:20 PM
I use one of these:

http://lukewisdom.com/weblog/uploads/coathanger-small.JPG

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 08:01 PM
Sunny...watch the bottomline as far as what your paying out. Once they have all of it working right and you get used to the changes...I think you'll be happy you did it even though you might only break even on the dough.

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/3/2010, 08:06 PM
I have UVerse, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It can be a little pricey, but for as much TV as I watch, it's totally worth it.

SunnySooner
2/3/2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys. I'm making the executive decision here, so I appreciate the male input. I think I'm gonna go ahead. I'll have to change my email, which sucks, but oh well. I'm getting a big TV package, if it's too much, I can downgrade and it will be even cheaper. With Comcast, I'm at the lowest package I can go and still get the channels I want, and it's still way too pricey. Tired o'dat!!!

soonerboomer93
2/3/2010, 09:22 PM
only thing is, the dvr is not included with all their packages. They bring it out when you get the big package at the special price, but if you down grade to one that doesn't include it, it's a $50 charge for them to come out and exchange the receiver. Atleast that is what one of my co-workers has run into.

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2010, 09:42 PM
Your husband will be cool with it when he gets back as long as you still have Playboy Channel.

SunnySooner
2/4/2010, 09:54 AM
Your husband will be cool with it when he gets back as long as you still have Playboy Channel.

LOL!! After a year apart, he won't need that channel for a LONG time.;) :P :D

I'm gonna check back with them today, I may want to downgrade the package, IDK, just see what else they have. Can't live without the DVR, but maybe fewer movie channels or whatever. Thanks again everbuddy!!!

GrapevineSooner
2/4/2010, 10:02 AM
only thing is, the dvr is not included with all their packages. They bring it out when you get the big package at the special price, but if you down grade to one that doesn't include it, it's a $50 charge for them to come out and exchange the receiver. Atleast that is what one of my co-workers has run into.

True dat. But you'd have go to the one under the U200 package in order for that to kick in.

I've had U-verse for 18 months and I've nary had an issue with them. Occasional service interruptions and I've had to power cycle the box in the bedroom a couple of times, but nothing major.

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/4/2010, 10:36 AM
If you have an HDTV, the HD Premium Tier upgrade is a must-have. I think it's about $5 extra bucks a month, but you get HDNET Movies, Smithsonian HD, MGM HD, and Palladia in HD. All off-the-charts channels that aren't included in standard def the U-x00 package (I have the U-200). Totally worth it, IMO.

JLEW1818
2/4/2010, 11:14 AM
I have Uverse and its the best! big fan

texas bandman
2/4/2010, 11:21 AM
I like my UVerse...I went with the 200 package and added the Sports package. Since I have ATT cell phones and went with ATT internet my wife says we save money and UVerse is so much better than the sucky cable I had before.

yermom
2/4/2010, 11:26 AM
i keep threatening to switch to Uverse when it's available in my area, but i kinda want to see it in person again

and switch to gmail or yahoo for mail. and you won't have to worry about changing mail again due to moving, changing companies, etc...

StoopTroup
2/4/2010, 12:50 PM
I've had to power cycle the box in the bedroom a couple of times.

Go on....that's hawt. :D :pop: :hot: :eek:

delhalew
2/4/2010, 04:47 PM
Sounds like something not available in rural areas.

SunnySooner
2/4/2010, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to ask--do they have to drill holes in your house or anything? Does it come thru on phone wires or ??? I still don't really get how it works as opposed to cable.

LosAngelesSooner
2/4/2010, 06:45 PM
I've got it. Had it for 2+ years with no issues. Love it. Wouldn't change from it.

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/4/2010, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to ask--do they have to drill holes in your house or anything?

Yes, it comes through your phone line. Your install guy will probably change out your phone jacks somewhat and you'll have 3 cords running from where you only had one before.

Does it come thru on phone wires or ??? I still don't really get how it works as opposed to cable.

The simplest explanation I can give is that it's called IPTV (Internet Protocol Television)...as opposed to traditional OTA or cable television. You're essentially watching TV over the Internet, in the grand scheme of things.

JLEW1818
2/4/2010, 06:55 PM
I've got it. Had it for 2+ years with no issues. Love it. Wouldn't change from it.

do u have Skinamax? :D

SOONER44EVER
2/4/2010, 10:42 PM
My Dad had Cox cable and it went out EVERY time it rained. After many months and many phone calls with no change we got him ATT Uverse. We got him the 400 package and his only complaint is that there are almost too many channels. Look online and there are ways to get cash back on the phone, cable and internet. Dad got $350 cash back if I remember right.

SOONER44EVER
2/4/2010, 10:43 PM
My Dad had Cox cable and it went out EVERY time it rained. After many months and many phone calls with no change we got him ATT Uverse. We got him the 400 package and his only complaint is that there are almost too many channels. Look online and there are ways to get cash back on the phone, cable and internet. Dad got $350 cash back if I remember right.

SOONER44EVER
2/4/2010, 10:44 PM

SOONER44EVER
2/4/2010, 10:45 PM

SOONER44EVER
2/4/2010, 10:45 PM

texas bandman
2/5/2010, 01:13 PM
and switch to gmail or yahoo for mail. and you won't have to worry about changing mail again due to moving, changing companies, etc...

I use the permanent e-mail available through the alumni association. It just forwards the e-mail to your current e-mail address. The addresses are formatted [email protected]. It's the only e-mail address I ever give out. When you change sevice providers you just go to the alumni site and change where the mail is forwarded to. Plus I get to plug the greatest university in the world whenever I send an e-mail.

texas bandman
2/5/2010, 01:15 PM

the rare quintuple post!!!!

SunnySooner
2/5/2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks, bandman, that's a great idea, with as much as we move, we often have to change providers, and I have a yahoo acct, but I use it mainly as a "junk" acct, ya know? I'll have to check into that.

yermom
2/5/2010, 04:15 PM
I use the permanent e-mail available through the alumni association. It just forwards the e-mail to your current e-mail address. The addresses are formatted [email protected]. It's the only e-mail address I ever give out. When you change sevice providers you just go to the alumni site and change where the mail is forwarded to. Plus I get to plug the greatest university in the world whenever I send an e-mail.

i have a lot of addresses that i use for different things, but i also bought my own domains for a couple of them (yermom.com FTW)

i just see too many people use work, school, ISP email addresses for stuff and then complain later when they have to change

SOONER44EVER
2/5/2010, 08:26 PM
the rare quintuple post!!!!

:eek: How did that happen?

Breadburner
2/5/2010, 09:34 PM
:eek: How did that happen?

Itchy trigger finger.....