PDA

View Full Version : The funny things about sports fans...

Collier11
2/3/2010, 03:36 PM
Ill start

A bunch of mostly grown men worship and drool over some 18 yr old kid for 7 or 8 months until the kid chooses a diff school at the last second, then the mostly grown men start talking trash about said kid

rawlingsHOH
2/3/2010, 03:47 PM
What I enjoy, is listening to how all of these guys are going to be studs, and see people penciling in starting line-ups, etc.

Then next year, after 2/3s of these guy redshirt, all of the 2011 guys will become the annointed "studs".

Collier11
2/3/2010, 03:53 PM
^ Thats a good one

The most obvious is how the fans know more than the coaches

fadada1
2/3/2010, 03:56 PM

DUH.

Collier11
2/3/2010, 04:02 PM
I was out of line on that one :D

OUinFLA
2/3/2010, 04:42 PM
^ Thats a good one

That's because we're in constant contact with other forum football experts.
<<<<<<<<<< (notice post count)

Since we don't have to deal with the mundane everyday routine of practice, we are able to spend much more time analyizing player potential, opponents shortcomings, rival coach's flaws.......... all the meaningful brain exercises that make us hugely successful at what we do.
So, of course we know more.

:P

Collier11
2/3/2010, 04:43 PM
good point

MamaMia
2/3/2010, 04:53 PM
Ill start

A bunch of mostly grown men worship and drool over some 18 yr old kid for 7 or 8 months until the kid chooses a diff school at the last second, then the mostly grown men start talking trash about said kid Guys do the same thing to the women who reject them. :P

Me, I don't get all enamored with any football player dude until they sign with us. If they don't sign with OU, then they mean nothing to me. They are just the opposition at that point. If they dared to act like Prima Donnas by toying with us during the recruiting process then when we play them, I want my Sooners to pound their face into the turf. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
2/3/2010, 05:12 PM
I think they look good in those tight football pants.

MamaMia
2/3/2010, 06:20 PM
I think they look good in those tight football pants.

Yeah, except the fat ones. :D

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2010, 06:29 PM
My favorite are the "have they seen this kid?" stories. "There's a kid who plays in my hometown who is really good. Why aren't the coaches looking at him?"

goingoneight
2/4/2010, 10:56 AM
Every sports fan buys into their recruiting class and or draft day as awesome.

JLEW1818
2/4/2010, 10:59 AM
yah, it is starting to feel kinda different in a way for me.... I'm 22 now... finally getting older 95% of the guys.

I remember when i was like 14, and T. Harris and Teddy looked so damn big and so old

now it just seems a little different?

goingoneight
2/4/2010, 11:11 AM
You can be a few bad plays from a National Championship, but you should be fired if heaven forbid you lose eight starters the next season without warning.

soonerfan28
2/4/2010, 11:11 AM
I like all of the guys who consider OU even if they don't sign. I don't think Julio Jones, Rueben Randle, or Early Doucet are less talented or suck b/c they chose other schools and I think its sad that people degrade them b/c they went elsewhere.

Would've been nice to get Henderson, Jeffcoat, and White but that doesn't make them lass talented then it did when we were recruiting them. Would've preferred two of them to not be Longhorns but I guess I don't really have any say.

1890MilesToNorman
2/4/2010, 11:14 AM
I'll leave these things to the guys who get paid to do it, if they want to pay me then I'll learn how to coach. Fat chance huh?

But we win the MNC this year, that's my prediction ever year and I'm sticking to it. :D

stoopified
2/5/2010, 08:06 AM
Every sports fan buys into their recruiting class and or draft day as awesome.The difference being that ALL Sooner recruits are as good as hyped. :D

stoopified
2/5/2010, 08:07 AM
Or better.