2/3/2010, 02:07 PM
Shes lost that lovin' feeling. :D

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-girl-crush-obama-fading/story?id=9712439

LosAngelesSooner
2/3/2010, 02:29 PM
http://freakytrigger.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/troll.jpg

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 02:45 PM
i kinda miss Obama Girl, i've taught her nonsense in classes for 2 years now. the appeal of the non-rational....as politics.

surprised her more than ample accessories have her working the zeitgeist again. i figured she'd have a playboy thing by now.

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2010, 02:56 PM
When I ran for State Rep., I had this girl around 19/20 or so come up to me at a candidate's forum and ask a couple of questions that had absolutely nothing to do with the powers of a State Rep. I think one question was about global warming and the other on terrorism, but I don't exactly remember.

Anyway, she tells me at the end, "I'm so definitely going to like vote in this election because I was like watching MTV's Rock the Vote and P.Diddy (or whatever name he had at the time) really taught me the importance of getting involved."

I see that as the moment I lost faith in the wisdom of the American electorate.

Obama girl reminds me of her.

C&CDean
2/3/2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but did you cop her vote?

LosAngelesSooner
2/3/2010, 03:11 PM
It's SicEm...what do you think?

Tulsa_Fireman
2/3/2010, 03:46 PM
Kissing a girl's hand is a completely viable means to attain votes.

*chuckle*

Chuck Bao
2/3/2010, 04:21 PM
Sic'em ran for state rep? Sic'em, you have to tell us about it.

What does it take to be put on the ballot?

It would be a lot of fun to get a poster here on the ballot and see how many votes we could get. Personally, I would vote for (and not nessecarily in this order) OleVet, StoopTroup, Dean, Picasso, PG, Big Red Jed, Fraggle, Stoops the Eternal Pimp, Viking Kitten, Czar, LilSooner, Rhino, Badger, NormanPride, Scott D, CrimsonJim, Soonerus, soonerhubler, Tulsa Fireman.

Who else lives in Oklahoma that would be a great candidate? I am sure I forgot a lot of potentially great representatives. Sorry Sic'em, but aren't you moving to Mississippi?

OULenexaman
2/3/2010, 04:30 PM
my dad spent 12 years in the OKla. state legislature....I'm not running....

Tulsa_Fireman
2/3/2010, 04:42 PM
I can't run. As much as I'd love to be corrupted by power, money, and whores, I can't.

NormanPride
2/3/2010, 04:42 PM
I am honored that at least one person would vote for me. Thanks, Chuck!

I'd vote for a lot of people here, but just because I'd know their hearts are in the right place.

MamaMia
2/3/2010, 04:44 PM
i kinda miss Obama Girl, i've taught her nonsense in classes for 2 years now. the appeal of the non-rational....as politics.

surprised her more than ample accessories have her working the zeitgeist again. i figured she'd have a playboy thing by now.
She and her mother have started a jewelry business. She likes Mike Huckabee now, but I don't know in what way. :D

Chuck Bao
2/3/2010, 04:49 PM
my dad spent 12 years in the OKla. state legislature....I'm not running....

I don't blame you. But, if you change your mind, we can start a campaign at any time.

Any of you serve as pages? I did. I only remember the main men's toilet smelling like upchuck. I wonder how many of them were like drunk all of the time. Oh, and there was the cheeseroom across the road that the lobbists kept stocked with booze and food. This was back in the mid-70s and it may not be the same today.

OULenexaman
2/3/2010, 05:14 PM
yes.....getting out of school for a week every year was the best part....I remember that smelly men's toilet.....I used to ask my dad why it always smelled like that and he would say that's because Bellmon uses it all the time...

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 06:49 PM
I'll run. I'll get a PayPal acct setup ASAP. :D

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2010, 07:26 PM
I can't run... I get out of breath due to smoking 18 packs a day.

Chuck Bao
2/3/2010, 07:27 PM
I'll run. I'll get a PayPal acct setup ASAP. :D

Okay. Are you serious? Now, how do we get you registered on the official ballot? BTW, what party? Where will we have the party?

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 08:10 PM
I've been a Dem and a Pub so lets go with Independant this time. I have a Motorcyle. Is that better than a truck?

I'd like to do a commercial about how I've never done Cosmo and I'm way to old to do it now...but I do have a Harley.

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2010, 08:21 PM
Sic'em ran for state rep? Sic'em, you have to tell us about it.

What does it take to be put on the ballot?

It would be a lot of fun to get a poster here on the ballot and see how many votes we could get. Personally, I would vote for (and not nessecarily in this order) OleVet, StoopTroup, Dean, Picasso, PG, Big Red Jed, Fraggle, Stoops the Eternal Pimp, Viking Kitten, Czar, LilSooner, Rhino, Badger, NormanPride, Scott D, CrimsonJim, Soonerus, soonerhubler, Tulsa Fireman.

Who else lives in Oklahoma that would be a great candidate? I am sure I forgot a lot of potentially great representatives. Sorry Sic'em, but aren't you moving to Mississippi?

There's not a lot to tell. I ran because I wanted the experience of running my own campaign. I lost, but I did have a lot of fun running.

You simply pay the filing fee which gets you on the primary ballot if you have an opponent or the general ballot if you don't. If you win the primary or you don't have a primary opponent the state party will reimburse you for the cost of the filing fee (at least they did for me). That's pretty much all there is to it. There is of course a minimum age and residency requirement as well.

Also, if everyone here were to vote for this person it'd have to be a state-wide office.

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2010, 08:22 PM
I am honored that at least one person would vote for me. Thanks, Chuck!

I'd vote for a lot of people here, but just because I'd know their hearts are in the right place.

I've got you beat. I got about 3,300 votes. ;)

Chuck Bao
2/3/2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks Sic'em. Congrats on the 3,300 votes. That does sound like fun.

It doesn't have to be a state-wide office, we don't all have to vote, just send the posse in to a big tailgate, drunky town, BBQ party with wet t-shirt competition and free body paint for the adult females.

So Sic'em, what does it mean that ST is going to run as an independent? Does that mean that there is no primary, just the one election in November?

This is probably an indelicate question, but how many votes above 3,300 does ST need to win a state rep job?

49r
2/3/2010, 09:48 PM

It doesn't have to be a state-wide office, we don't all have to vote, just send the posse in to a big tailgate, drunky town, BBQ party with wet t-shirt competition and free body paint for the adult females.

So Sic'em, what does it mean that ST is going to run as an independent? Does that mean that there is no primary, just the one election in November?

This is probably an indelicate question, but how many votes above 3,300 does ST need to win a state rep job?

So...

I guess what you're saying is:

"Thanks Sic'em. Congrats on the 3,300 votes. That does sound like fun.

This is probably an indelicate question, but how many votes above 3,300 does ST need to win a state rep job?"

That sound about right? :)

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2010, 09:58 PM

It depends on the district, but a lot more than that. What district does he live in and I'll find out.

Interestingly, Oklahoma does not recognize third parties so any third-party candidate is simply listed as an independent. The problem with this is that when you vote for an independent in Oklahoma you don't know if they're actually a Libertarian, Green Party, Nazi Party, etc.

But filing as an independent is no different than filing under one of the two parties except your filing fee obviously won't be reimbursed.

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2010, 10:10 PM
Without the nazi party listed clearly how do you figure out who to vote for Sic?

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2010, 10:16 PM
Without the nazi party listed clearly how do you figure out who to vote for Sic?

Easy, they always have the best mustaches.

Chuck Bao
2/3/2010, 10:17 PM
So...

I guess what you're saying is:

"Thanks Sic'em. Congrats on the 3,300 votes. That does sound like fun.

This is probably an indelicate question, but how many votes above 3,300 does ST need to win a state rep job?"

That sound about right? :)

Yeah something like that. I did wait 10 minutes between trying to post each time and the bloody thing kept timing out. All those multiple posts took about an hour to achieve, so please enjoy them.

Now if this one times out, I will see you guys tomorrow.

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2010, 10:21 PM
I loved 'em...Spek!

Bourbon St Sooner
2/4/2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah something like that. I did wait 10 minutes between trying to post each time and the bloody thing kept timing out. All those multiple posts took about an hour to achieve, so please enjoy them.

Now if this one times out, I will see you guys tomorrow.

Dude, you've been overseas too long. Next thing you'll be putting extra vowels in words like color and saying 'shedule'.

MrJimBeam
2/4/2010, 03:29 PM
I got about 3,300 votes. ;)

Butterfly ballots?