PDA

View Full Version : Buffalonian beat down

jaux
2/3/2010, 12:56 PM
I heard Bill King mention this Woody Paige article re Hawkins on Rivals Radio this AM.
Couldn't have happened to a finer fan base.
http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_14314057

Jacie
2/3/2010, 01:59 PM
Pretty scathing remarks about The Hawk and probably all the reason Chris Peterson needed to stay in Boise . . .

ouduckhunter
2/3/2010, 03:17 PM
CU's best hope for the future, though, could be a kid from Louisiana — quarterback Benton "Munchie" Legaux, who was recruited by many, given a chance to play quarterback by only a few

Go Munchie, Go! :)

freshchris05
2/3/2010, 06:16 PM
I think I know that guy. Yeah bro, Munchie, Munchie Lego. He always had the best buds man...

westcoast_sooner
2/4/2010, 12:51 AM
Looking at the star rankings of CU's class, it's bad - it's Iowa State bad. In fact, I think Iowa State probably got a better class.

Hawkins must have decided that if they can't pay him off, then why try?

Jacie
2/4/2010, 07:30 AM
CU's best hope for the future, though, could be a kid from Louisiana — quarterback Benton "Munchie" Legaux, who was recruited by many, given a chance to play quarterback by only a few

Go Munchie, Go! :)

Though it sounds like he will be too little, too late for The Hawk . . .

However, Legaux likely won't be given a chance to start at quarterback this year, and Hawkins likely won't be given a chance to see Legaux play beyond then.

badger
2/4/2010, 09:16 AM
I still can't believe we lost to this idiot. It's probably the only thing that's keeping him there... that and his memorable "it's division one football!" speech.

goingoneight
2/4/2010, 09:17 AM
For whatever reason, the guy just can't manage to get talent in there. There's been plenty of times his team has been competitive, they just always find a way to screw things up.

King Crimson
2/4/2010, 10:43 AM
For whatever reason, the guy just can't manage to get talent in there. There's been plenty of times his team has been competitive, they just always find a way to screw things up.

he had a top 15 recruiting class two years ago. talent is not the problem, he just sucks. Hawkins came in talking about his "Boise Playbook". it's clear the "Boise Playbook" was Chris Petersons. Hawkins has changed O's every year at CU. they have no O identity.

a disciplinarian type coach could come in and win 7-8 games with these Buffs tomorrow.

like badger said, how we lost to this guy is hard to understand and makes my life suck. but we also lost Les Miles twice. idiocy seems to baffle our staff.

Munchie actually committed to Cincy. another CU decommit...following local Colorado 4 star kids Mister Jones (aTm) and Danny Spond (ND).

NormanPride
2/4/2010, 10:58 AM
Joke of a coach.

goingoneight
2/4/2010, 11:17 AM
he had a top 15 recruiting class two years ago. talent is not the problem, he just sucks. Hawkins came in talking about his "Boise Playbook". it's clear the "Boise Playbook" was Chris Petersons. Hawkins has changed O's every year at CU. they have no O identity.

a disciplinarian type coach could come in and win 7-8 games with these Buffs tomorrow.

like badger said, how we lost to this guy is hard to understand and makes my life suck. but we also lost Les Miles twice. idiocy seems to baffle our staff.

Munchie actually committed to Cincy. another CU decommit...following local Colorado 4 star kids Mister Jones (aTm) and Danny Spond (ND).

it was likely only top 15 due to one Darrell Scott. Not only overrated as their "top 15 class" was, he also left the program.

Seriously... do you see anyone on the offensive side of the ball as talented as, say... OU's starters? Texas? Tech? Hell... Baylor?!?

Recruiting talent is part of the job. What little they had from Barnett dried up around 2007ish.

King Crimson
2/4/2010, 11:46 AM
it was likely only top 15 due to one Darrell Scott. Not only overrated as their "top 15 class" was, he also left the program.

Seriously... do you see anyone on the offensive side of the ball as talented as, say... OU's starters? Texas? Tech? Hell... Baylor?!?

Recruiting talent is part of the job. What little they had from Barnett dried up around 2007ish.

jesus, i can't believe i'm doing this...

Hawkins signed 5 star OL Ryan Miller the year before Scott. the Scott class also had Lynn Katoa and Jon Major who were both 4 star LB's that OU offered and wanted. Hawkins' also landed Nick Kasa the next year who was a Florida de-commit. 5 star. look it up.

my point is there is talent on the roster. the coach sucks.

i think you are wrong. unless you are working some kind of south/north thing vis a vis talent.

westcoast_sooner
2/4/2010, 01:16 PM
Another link I ran across on them....
Link (http://www.ralphiereport.com/2010/1/31/1285742/signing-day-looms-lacking)

badger
2/4/2010, 01:34 PM
As long as we're laughing at Colorado, how did the rest of the Big 12 do yesterday?

You can exclude Texas and OU from discussion, since we already hear about our awesome recruiting in the national media.

A&M and OSU can be downplayed too, since I think we documented their fanbase meltdowns as players slipped away to other schools.

How bout the other 8?