PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Jarrett Lake signed with Arkie

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 10:49 AM
Don't know what to think about that. He's one guy nobody was talking about since forever - seemingly due to the fact that he didn't play his senior year. Still kinda weird.

soonerfan28
2/3/2010, 10:55 AM
http://hsoklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=406&p=8&c=1&nid=4086970
Yep!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/3/2010, 11:00 AM
Don't know what to think about that. He's one guy nobody was talking about since forever - seemingly due to the fact that he didn't play his senior year. Still kinda weird.

Aren't there serious questions regarding his eligibility?

Rhino
2/3/2010, 11:05 AM
Hasn't been cleared by the NCAA yet.

OU wasn't willing to take the chance and pulled his offer.

Good luck to him.

...sooner
2/3/2010, 12:01 PM
i guess i missed what happened... why did he get in trouble or whatever?

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 12:26 PM
Hopefully the kid will get it together and get things worked out.

Soonez
2/3/2010, 01:13 PM
Yep, it's easy to make a mistake at that young age that can stay with you for years. Good luck to him.

Curly Bill
2/3/2010, 01:15 PM
Good luck to him, but I never saw why we were after him in the first place.

goingoneight
2/3/2010, 01:22 PM
He's a great player and has the measurables we're usually after; he's just got issues regarding eligibility. Sounds like Corey Nelson was comparable or even better, so they dropped the riskier situation.

Curly Bill
2/3/2010, 01:25 PM
I hope it's a win for all involved!

yankee
2/5/2010, 02:12 PM
so we dropped jarrett lake's schollie for corey nelson??? i know there's eligibility concerns, but that doesn't sound right. that guy was committed to us forever.

csbst2
2/5/2010, 02:19 PM
No, Lake did not clear the NCAA and might not qualify, so they OU didn't want to chance it.

yankee
2/5/2010, 02:30 PM
No, Lake did not clear the NCAA and might not qualify, so they OU didn't want to chance it.

ok, i just watched the stoops press conference about recruiting. about 2:15 he states that just after xmas break, they parted ways with lake. at about 4:18 a reporter (it's hard to hear him) appears to say how there seemed to be confusion about this whole situation and that lake's family might think that OU dropped lake because of corey. just trying to get a handle on this situation...i'm tired of hearing aggy (on another board) accuse us of doing something wrong here.

http://www.newsok.com/multimedia/video/64753607001

yankee
2/5/2010, 02:40 PM
also, jenks interim head coach apparently had no idea that lake was NOT coming to OU.

Jenks interim coach Loren Montgomery told the World in an email Tuesday that Lake “should sign tomorrow with OU.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=369&articleid=20100203_92_0_Oklaho808452

if anybody has some real info on this, not just speculation, that'd be awesome.

Rhino
2/8/2010, 01:47 PM
Was Jenks interim coach really even his coach? I'm sure Lake was part of the team in some way even though he was ineligible, but I doubt he conferred with Montgomery on everything related to college.

I don't know what kind of more "real" info you want. Coach Stoops said they parted ways during Christmas break because of eligibility issues and Lake hasn't come out and said it's not true. How much more real do you want?

rawlingsHOH
2/8/2010, 02:23 PM
so we dropped jarrett lake's schollie for corey nelson??? i know there's eligibility concerns, but that doesn't sound right. that guy was committed to us forever.

The way it sounded is that Lake wasn't being upfront with the staff about his scholastics. And couldn't produce the transcripts they needed.

MojoRisen
2/8/2010, 02:51 PM
Lake is one of those Hybrids - Keenan Clayton Big 12 linebackers. However I think he has a better chance at playing at Arkansas. It is pretty much dificult to crack our LB rotation when we are 15 deep.