PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless has lost his mind...... again

stoopified
2/3/2010, 09:12 AM
I caught. just a little of his show on ESPN the other day and he made me laugh.Sjp says TIM TEBOW WILL NOT ONLY BE A STARTING QB IN THE NFL BUT WILL WIN A SUPER BOWL. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face.Then again Skipper says VY has proven he IS an NFL QB.What he fails to mention is that VY is a very mediocre NFL QB.I do agree though that IF Tebow was given the same opportunity as VY,he too could rise to mediocrity as an NFL QB,at least Tebow should get higher than 6 on the Wonderlic. :D

goingoneight
2/3/2010, 09:23 AM
VY really surprised me this season. He dropped a lot of college habits like running the ball and started doing things I really never gave him credit for being able to do... like stepping up, feeling pocket pressure and checking down to the backs and TEs. That said, no one's kicking the door down to get him out of Tennessee.

I really wish people in the media would just let the Tebow love fest die down. He's clearly not an NFL QB. I'm sure we can all admit that without putting a pistol in our mouths. No one ever said he wasn't tough enough or athletic enough to still make millions in the league at another position or be the Vick at Philly/Pat White at Miami "wildcat" guy.

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 09:25 AM
If Tim does do it...it won't be because he was the greatest QB in College Football History. However if he does get the help he needs to be able to compete or change the QB position in the NFL....it will be because of his own personal persistance to improve not only himself....but the people around him.

That'll be a huge accomplishment IMO. I wish him well. He's got a lot of work to do.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 09:39 AM
Then again Skipper says VY has proven he IS an NFL QB.What he fails to mention is that VY is a very mediocre NFL QB.I do agree though that IF Tebow was given the same opportunity as VY,he too could rise to mediocrity as an NFL QB,at least Tebow should get higher than 6 on the Wonderlic. :D
Vince Young's record as a starting QB in the NFL: 26-13.

stoopified
2/3/2010, 09:53 AM
Vince Young's record as a starting QB in the NFL: 26-13.Steve Collin srecord as a QB is 12-2,Gene Calame was 15-0,Steve Davis 32-1-1.So what is your point? I am constantly amazed at people who want to measure how good a QB is based on what his team record is.The TITANS are 26-13 when VY starts in spite of him for the most part,not because of him.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 09:57 AM
You'd rather a guy put up gawdy stats and lose?

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 10:01 AM
Trent Dilfer: Super Bowl Champion.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 10:02 AM
Of course there are exceptions. It was remarkable to see the transformation the Titans made when Young became the starter again this season.

TexasLidig8r
2/3/2010, 10:05 AM
Steve Collin srecord as a QB is 12-2,Gene Calame was 15-0,Steve Davis 32-1-1.So what is your point? I am constantly amazed at people who want to measure how good a QB is based on what his team record is.The TITANS are 26-13 when VY starts in spite of him for the most part,not because of him.

Then explain how the Titans started out 0 - 6 with Collins at QB... insert VY into the starting QB role.. and go 8 - 2 the rest of the year. No other significant change was made to their lineup.

SoonerAtKU
2/3/2010, 10:08 AM
And Kerry Collins was a hero for all of 2008 when they finished the regular season 13-3. Now he's a joke and Young was the key all along? Something doesn't add up...

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 10:18 AM
Then explain how the Titans started out 0 - 6 with Collins at QB... insert VY into the starting QB role.. and go 8 - 2 the rest of the year. No other significant change was made to their lineup.

They didn't play those same six teams? The rest of the team was also off to a rusty start? Collins was as bad a player as Vince and would have gone 10-0 the rest of the way?

stoopified
2/3/2010, 10:21 AM
For the record in his FOURTH year in the league VY threw 100 TDs to 7 ints,completed right at 59% of his passes for just under 1900 yards.For his career 32 TDs,39 int 58% completion.I feel safe in saying that many other QBs in the NFL could have amassed the same w-l record as Young in spite of his obvious lack of NFL level judgement,passing skills.Yes he has had a few good games but most are mediocre at best.my main point is that Tebow has the same lack of NFL passing skills but has the work ethic and intelligence that if he were given the SAME chance as VY he could produce similar results. However that is unlikely since the expensive VY experiment has largely failed it is unlikely any other QB with pooor passing skills will get a shot like VY.

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 10:22 AM
Donavan McNabb wannabe

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 10:23 AM
For the record in his FOURTH year in the league VY threw 100 TDs to 7 ints,

That's gotta be some kind of record.

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 10:31 AM
That's gotta be some kind of record.

A record like that probably wouldn't even fit on a floppy disc.

soonerborn45
2/3/2010, 04:06 PM

Well played sir. People need to quit getting so hung up on records as well. Yes VY has an ok starting record but that same team also was like three games from going undefeated in the 08 regular season with a Trent Dilferish qb named Kerry Collins.

tommieharris91
2/3/2010, 04:32 PM

Trent Dilfer could actually take a snap under center.

Herr Scholz
2/3/2010, 07:56 PM
Still the hate towards VY? Why is that do you think? :D

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2010, 08:09 PM
100 TDs? Can't touch that. If Tebow could only do 10% as well.

"Hello, everybody. I'm Roy Firestone. With me is Vince Young. Vince... 100 TDs. With all that was said about your throwing mechanics, what do you say to your critics?"

"Critics?"

"The people that made fun of you."

"Well Roy. I feel good about throwin' so many good balls. Sure, the fans made hate at me, you know... but uhhh... uhhh... I don' think about it too much."

"But it has to make you feel vindicated."

"Vindicated? Look, I'm not that good with that schoolin' thang."

bluedogok
2/3/2010, 08:11 PM
Skip Bayless has lost his mind...... again
That would be implying that he had it to "lose" in the first place....

soonerloyal
2/3/2010, 08:23 PM

Still the poptart on a board not your own? Why is that, do you think? :D

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 08:26 PM

Probably for the same reason you still see people talking **** about Jason White's inability to stick in the NFL on Texas boards.

Oh, no, wait. That can't be right. Jason White had a winning record vs. Texas.

Herr Scholz
2/3/2010, 08:41 PM
Honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Jason White reference on the Horn site. VY on the other hand still evokes some serious hate.

SoonerDood
2/3/2010, 08:54 PM

Games against San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Buffalo, Houston, Miami, Jacksonville, Arizona (without Kurt Warner), Indy, and San Diego would greatly contribute to going 8-2. That and a player rushing for 2,000 yards.

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 08:56 PM
What do you mean? You're over here talking about Jason White RIGHT NOW!

Herr Scholz
2/3/2010, 09:02 PM
What do you mean? You're over here talking about Jason White RIGHT NOW!

A) I didn't bring him up.

B) I don't have anything bad to say about him.

C) I said Horn website.

D) You can't refute my point about Sooners still hating on VY as referenced in this thread.

Herr Scholz
2/3/2010, 09:02 PM
dp

sooner ngintunr
2/3/2010, 10:13 PM
heck I just read the funniest thing today on SI, they were comparing him to Drew Brees!! LMFAO!! riight, same type of player and arm strength. give me a break!! the tebow love won't stop!! The reason they were using was that they both took the majority of their snaps from the shotgun... gee you think?

Just because Brees was a steal in the 2nd round ( and some people knew it at the time) doesn't mean timmy will be.

I mean really, have these people seen timmah throw a pass? I think the word most people use for passes like that are ducks?

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 10:29 PM
A) I didn't bring him up.

B) I don't have anything bad to say about him.

C) I said Horn website.

D) You can't refute my point about Sooners still hating on VY as referenced in this thread.

You get married or something? You used to have a sense of humor.

What, exactly, is your point? That some people on an OU board consider Vince Young to be a massively overrated NFL quarterback? Why is it *you* think OU fans hate Vince Young? It's not his record against OU, certainly-we don't really hate Colt McCoy, and his record against OU is better. We don't really bring up Peter Gardere that much.

Mainly those of us who make fun of Vince Young make fun of him because he's massively overrated as an NFL quarterback. I make fun of Michael Vick for the same reason.

Herr Scholz
2/3/2010, 10:39 PM
I'll go ahead and disagree with that, Frozen. Sooners hate VY because he led us to a national championship in probably the most memorable title game ever. That's the difference.

soonerspiff
2/3/2010, 11:01 PM
I agree with Froze and will say that the love for Young as an NFL QB is pretty amusing to me. That's the only reason that he's worth discussing. I dislike him because he played for Texas, but I doubt many people here are hung up with hatred towards him.

In fact there are plenty of reasons to feel sorry for him:
- Losing record against OU
- Snubbed in Heisman voting
- He's an idiot

The list goes on and on...

I'll go ahead and disagree with that, Frozen. Sooners hate VY because he led us to a national championship in probably the most memorable title game ever. That's the difference.

Memorable for whom? Not I.

You act as though Sooner fans are so envious of Texas' 2005 MNC which is pretty laughable. OU already has 7. I couldn't care less to be real honest.

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 11:24 PM

Yeah. Not so much. We don't give two ****s about James Street after all.

And memorable my ***. Some people actually like defense. Ohio State-Miami was a hell of a lot more memorable.

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2010, 11:36 PM
I don't really hate VY...I just feel pity that a guy who got free college is 10 times as dumb as the average homeless guy bumming change in Vegas. One thing for sure: Vince will forever be known as the dumbest guy in the NFL.

Clever Trevor
2/3/2010, 11:37 PM

No, I think the hate has subsided and it's not for that. When he played against OU, did he end up with a winning record? The only OU team that he beat (yes uterus was good in 05) was one of Bob's worst teams.
I don't even think he's overrated. As stated, no one is maneuvering to try to steal him from Tenn. He has had two very good seasons. I think most people here just like laughing at the dumb *** at this point. He's even too stupid to kill himself.

fossil
2/4/2010, 12:16 PM

Lid, hate to tell your this, but there is a good chance VY may never repeat his performance of the last half of the 2009 season. He had a good run, but he's still an average or less quarterback and probably will never be much better than he is. Bet you my next paycheck that he will not go 8-2 in the first 10 games next year. I'll bet my retirement pension he won't even sniff the HALL OF FAME even though he declared he would be there when his career is over.

Show me next year he can duplicate what he did in the last half of 2009 and I might start to be a believer. As for now, color me SKEPTICAL!!

JLEW1818
2/4/2010, 12:29 PM
he played great week 16 against the Chargers, with the entire nation watching!

A great 8 for 21 passing, for a total of 89 yards!!!! 2 INTs! lost 42-17...

The teams he beat

Jacksonville, missed playoffs
San Francisco, missed playoffs
Houston, missed playoffs
Buffalo, missed playoffs
Arizona - yahhhh playoffs
St Louis, haha
Miami, ha
Seattle

can somebody give me a combined wins/loss record?

Scott D
2/4/2010, 05:47 PM

And memorable my ***. Some people actually like defense. Ohio State-Miami was a hell of a lot more memorable.

That phantom PI call was the second worst call I've ever seen...first is the "Tuck rule"...

Frozen Sooner
2/4/2010, 06:38 PM
That phantom PI call was the second worst call I've ever seen...first is the "Tuck rule"...

You mean the phantom PI call where the Miami defender pulled on the jersey of the receiver?

It was the correct call, though the flag came late.

OPSEC
2/4/2010, 09:20 PM

Honestly, didnt see the NC between Texas v USC. Was surprised at ending.

Now that Ohio State-Miami game.....priceless!!!

As far as people comparing QBs and all, when they got drafted and if they join the HOF. Two Words: Kurt Warner

VY nor Tebow will be this guy. No way!!

yankee
2/4/2010, 09:31 PM
he played great week 16 against the Chargers, with the entire nation watching!

A great 8 for 21 passing, for a total of 89 yards!!!! 2 INTs! lost 42-17...

The teams he beat

Jacksonville, missed playoffs
San Francisco, missed playoffs
Houston, missed playoffs
Buffalo, missed playoffs
Arizona - yahhhh playoffs
St Louis, haha
Miami, ha
Seattle

can somebody give me a combined wins/loss record?

Miami: 7-9
Jacksonville: 7-9
St. Louis: 1-15
SanFran: 8-8
Houston: 9-7
Arizona: 10-6
Seattle: 5-11
Buffalo: 6-10

Combined Record: 53-75 (.414 Win %)

these silly whorn fans...sometimes logic goes right over their heads.

Partial Qualifier
2/4/2010, 09:47 PM
Then explain how the Titans started out 0 - 6 with Collins at QB... insert VY into the starting QB role.. and go 8 - 2 the rest of the year.

Teams sometimes, when faced with adversity like losing their starting QB, rally together and play at a higher level than they did before the starter was lost. It can turn a season around. Mad props to Fisher for orchestrating that move.

;)

I think it's because he recovered one of his 3 fumbles while going 8-of-23 for 86 yards against us in 2004. We wanted all three. Some of us are still bitter about that whole fiasco.

:mad:

Collier11
2/4/2010, 09:55 PM
Steve Collin srecord as a QB is 12-2,Gene Calame was 15-0,Steve Davis 32-1-1.So what is your point? I am constantly amazed at people who want to measure how good a QB is based on what his team record is.The TITANS are 26-13 when VY starts in spite of him for the most part,not because of him.

yea cus they did so well with Collins this year...like it or not, VY made himself into a legit NFL qb this year, now lets see if he can keep doing it

Collier11
2/4/2010, 09:57 PM
Honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Jason White reference on the Horn site. VY on the other hand still evokes some serious hate.

Probably because VY is still playing and JW isnt, therefore VY is still relevant in the football world

actually if you paid any attention you would see that most of us give VY 99% of the credit for ut winning the natl title

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/4/2010, 10:32 PM
He's even too stupid to kill himself.

Sorry to go off topic here but as someone who has lost two friends to suicide and who has a coworker who lost her brother to suicide just yesterday, I don't think the topic is really something to joke about.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/4/2010, 10:33 PM
posted twice in error, sorry

Scott D
2/5/2010, 02:41 AM
You mean the phantom PI call where the Miami defender pulled on the jersey of the receiver?

It was the correct call, though the flag came late.

There was plenty of action during that sequence that could have gotten a flag thrown on Gamble as well. In the end, either it's penalties on both, or you just let it go.

Jacie
2/5/2010, 07:10 AM
Miami: 7-9
Jacksonville: 7-9
St. Louis: 1-15
SanFran: 8-8
Houston: 9-7
Arizona: 10-6
Seattle: 5-11
Buffalo: 6-10

Combined Record: 53-75 (.414 Win %)

these silly whorn fans...sometimes logic goes right over their heads.

Chrissy would give up a body part for pro career stats this good. Oh wait, he did give up a body part . . .

OU_Sooners75
2/5/2010, 07:53 AM

YeaaaaaNope!

1. I do not hate Vince "6" Young.
2. I think he is one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL.
3. I could careless where he played in college, since he is now in the NFL.
4. He beat OU what, once....Like I care what he did for Texas. 1 National championship every 41 years folks!!!

OU_Sooners75
2/5/2010, 08:01 AM
Teams sometimes, when faced with adversity like losing their starting QB, rally together and play at a higher level than they did before the starter was lost. It can turn a season around. Mad props to Fisher for orchestrating that move.

;)

I think it's because he recovered one of his 3 fumbles while going 8-of-23 for 86 yards against us in 2004. We wanted all three. Some of us are still bitter about that whole fiasco.

:mad:

Good point. One more example of this was the 1989 Buffalo Bills.
Granted the Bills were playoff bound anyway...

Jim Kelly goes down with a shoulder injury with two games left. With the Bills trailing 20-9 in the fourth quarter against the LA Rams. Reich led them to a 23-20 vicotry in that game.

Not only that, but he led them all the way to the Super Bowl losing the the Giants by one point.