PDA

View Full Version : The budget makes sense

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/2/2010, 01:55 PM
It is designed to accomplish its purpose. Rep. Paul Ryan from WI had this to say today:

President Obama’s budget “is not like most budgets, with some tax-code tinkering and spending.” No, he says, “this budget is a choice. We are about to make a decision whose consequences will last for generations.”

“This budget presents a choice of two futures,” Ryan says. “Don’t look at the president’s rhetoric, look at his actions. His substance implies a different reality. Not only is this budget worse than the last one, but it triples our debt within ten years, features gushers of tax increases, and relies on some partisan commission to do the heavy lifting on fiscal policy after the next election. Make no mistake: This is a budget aimed to advance the administration’s philosophy and ideology. By increasing taxes and letting the country spiral into debt, this budget is a firm step toward transforming America into a collectivist society overseen by a social-welfare state.”….

……This budget is about more than specific programs or policies. It is really about the American idea, and whether we want to move towards a European-style welfare state. I know that seems like those are big words, but those are the stakes. It is hard to come to another conclusion when you look at our debt and how we are spending. We are in a very dire fiscal situation.”….

……We believe that the individual is the nucleus of American life, and they see the government in that role. That is our big difference.”

“This is a choice of two futures,” he reiterates. “It’s not too late to make the right decision.”

soonerscuba
2/2/2010, 01:58 PM
If only there were another thread to merge this, preferably also started by a painfully dense shill.

OklahomaTuba
2/2/2010, 02:17 PM
If only there were another thread to merge this, preferably also started by a painfully dense shill.Speaking of a painfully dense shill, IT'S CUBA!!!! ;)

StoopTroup
2/2/2010, 02:21 PM
If only the Republicans would have gone with Rep. Paul Ryan instead of John McCain....

There were really only two choices that made sense...and I guess they made the wrong one that time too.

2/2/2010, 02:30 PM
Ah, a painfully dense shill is quoted:

Originally Posted by soonerscuba
"If only there were another thread to merge this, preferably also started by a painfully dense shill."

I felt it worthwhile to display the quote from a courageous US congressman. I don't know of any other elected politician to say it as clearly or boldly as he did.

StoopTroup
2/2/2010, 02:33 PM
Is he up for re-election?

I ask as if he is or isn't....I think it adds the the amount of courageousness.

soonerscuba
2/2/2010, 02:42 PM
Ah, a painfully dense shill is quoted:

Originally Posted by soonerscuba
"If only there were another thread to merge this, preferably also started by a painfully dense shill."

I felt it worthwhile to display the quote from a courageous US congressman. I don't know of any other elected politician to say it as clearly or boldly as he did.As usual, I am both confused and weirdly intrigued by your daily outrage. I didn't say Ron Paul was a shill, I was implying both you and Tuba so blindly cheerlead Republican talking points, that it seems you are engaged by some sense of loyalty as opposed to a reasoned aproached to a policy position. You aren't alone, it's just that your commitment is comical. Also, there is another thread on this that would seem to make more sense as opposed to mucking up the board with an even greater variety of hyperbole.

OULenexaman
2/2/2010, 02:45 PM
my original prediction of BHO's hidden agenda just keeps on taking more shape everyday....

2/2/2010, 02:48 PM
my original prediction of BHO's hidden agenda just keeps on taking more shape everyday....Heck, he didn't even really try very hard to hide it.

OULenexaman
2/2/2010, 02:52 PM
during the trail he did......but once in office he got right to it....

2/2/2010, 03:33 PM
during the trail he did......but once in office he got right to it....He openly and brazenly announced he planned to tax the coal companies out of existence. He told Joe the Plumber he planned to redistribute wealth, if elected. There were lots of times during the campaign he announced his anti-capitalism plans. IMO far too many people simply ignored what he said, and voted for him for "change". Also, the MSM effectively blamed the economic collapse on the republicans, and there ya have it, the new pres is the man with the MOST liberal voting record in the entire Senate.

OULenexaman
2/2/2010, 03:38 PM
I was referring to making a US dollar being worth less than a peso...

2/2/2010, 03:49 PM
I was referring to making a US dollar being worth less than a peso...Pretty much the same as destruction of capitalism, IMO, although not an open admission of making the currency worthless. Got it.

OULenexaman
2/2/2010, 03:58 PM
At one time up here in Obamarama land you would NEVER hear, read or see 1 negative thing about BHO.....now days he stuggles for positive print and press.....as well as the rest of his admin....

King Barry's Back
2/3/2010, 09:13 AM
At one time up here in Obamarama land you would NEVER hear, read or see 1 negative thing about BHO.....now days he stuggles for positive print and press.....as well as the rest of his admin....

Disregarding such things as his liberalism, and his governing philosophy and style (which are preferences), as President, Obama has three main shortcomings, as I see it:

1. Inexperience. He clearly had no idea what he was getting himself into. He's had to worry about, and make decisions about, things that were never on his plate before. He's also made some incredibly boneheaded "freshman mistakes." "Date night" in NYC comes to mind, as well as wading into the NCAA football play off issues. Date night cost millions of dollars and objectivley, politically, it made him look bad. The NCAA football issue is contentious, of high interest, and he has little direct control of it. He should have stayed out to avoid looking weak (by being unable to make progress), and to avoid making people angry over something that doesn't matter very much.

I would include lack of a basic knowledge of how the govt (and military) do things in the experience category.

2. Liberal background. This is different than his own liberalism. What I am talking about is that by spending his young adult years among far-left activists (when he was a community organizer), and then beginning his political career in some of the most left-leaning voting precincts in the country, and surrounding himself by far-left, professional political activists -- he thinks that his social circles represent typical-Americans. He's admitted that he thought closing GITMO was a settled political consensus, and I think he also thought nationalized healthcare was something that would be easily popular for him. Now, on both of these issues, he could have come out and really sold them to the American people and probably won support -- but he didn't. He didn't think he needed to. Now he is paying the price.

3. Lack of decision-making skills. I have come to the conclusion that executives are basically just decision-makers. They aren't more knowledgeable than a lot of other people, they aren't smarter than a lot of other people, they just are very comfortable making many decisions, very quickly, with partial knowledge. Obama seems very uncomfortable making decisions. He spent nine months wondering over what to do about more troops for Afghanistan. He announced a hard date for closing GITMO, but has since backed off, and now he says he still wants to close it but he hasn't really figured out how. One more, he announced the big terrorists would be tried in NYC in civilian courts, and now he's back off of that.

I am not criticizing him for changing his mind on any of these, I am criticizing him for not being able to make a tough decision and stick to it in the face of political pressure.
--------------------------------

Now, why is this relevent? Because these were all known factors before and during the campaigns, and the GOP did their best to make these issues in the election. Next to McCain's life-experiences and his decades as a law maker, Obama's experience was puny. The GOP tried to raise Obama's close ties to the bomber in Chicago, that weird preacher at his church, etc. And the high number of "present" votes in the Illinois General Assembly, and his lack of legislative track record, all pointed to an inability to make and stand by a decision.

It's going to be interesting to see if and how the President grows in the next few years in office, and how he and his staff will address these issues.

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 09:39 AM
Is he up for re-election?

I ask as if he is or isn't....I think it adds the the amount of courageousness.

I believe your right Stoop. He's up for re-election and has done all his homework...checked all the poll numbers and has courageously put together a statement against the Obama Administration that will hopefully rally the voters in his district to again put him in office. As long as the Dems continue to put cupcake candidates up against him in the district...he should do well until 2012 when the Pubs can take over and again rule the World and save Merica.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/3/2010, 10:08 AM
AMERICUH!

F*%K YEAH!

Rogue
2/3/2010, 10:06 PM
KBB, I appreciate your thoughtful points.
Just sayin'.

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2010, 10:41 PM
Now, why is this relevent? Because these were all known factors before and during the campaigns, and the GOP did their best to make these issues in the election. Next to McCain's life-experiences and his decades as a law maker, Obama's experience was puny.

They couldn't go all out on that beginning the day they picked Palin as a running mate. McCain may have won easily if he'd picked someone EXACTLY like Palin, but with more experience since they could have absolutely blasted Obama on the experience issue. McCain had the worst run campaign I can remember in my life, even worse than candidates that lost in landslides like Dukakis and Mondale. Their inability to stay on point or attack Obama in a consistent manner was a killer. Even though I couldn't stand Bush, his campaigns were extremely smart due to their focus.

StoopTroup
2/4/2010, 08:43 AM
All McCain needed to damage his campaign even further was to put helmet and take a ride on a tank.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/lone_republican/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/dukakis-in-the-tank.jpg

Crux is absolutely right. McCain's Campaign was really awful and his appearance at his age was not Presidential. John may be a Great American...but he's not Presidential and the Pubs knew it. They failed their party by selecting John and john failed his Party by thinking he was the guy IMO.

sooner_born_1960
2/4/2010, 08:49 AM
The entire House of Representatives is always up for re-election.

StoopTroup
2/4/2010, 09:07 AM
Thus...you are always getting the most courageous craziest talk from folks in the House who suddenly feel the need to speak out about something or someone.

OUMallen
2/4/2010, 10:01 AM
my original prediction of BHO's hidden agenda just keeps on taking more shape everyday....

What was hidden about this?

StoopTroup
2/4/2010, 02:13 PM
POTUS don't seem to be hiding much these days. Looks like he let everybody run their mouths for about a year and then he came out and started taking questions.

I'm not sure this is all going to do much good....but he's backing up what he said in the State of the Union to his fellow Dems and not leaving them out to dry. As folks who are running speak out against him...he stands there and takes the questions.

I think he is showing he's much more than a speech maker. Imagine how POTUS G.W. Bush used to answer questions when he was asked and compare that to what you are seeing from POTUS B.H. Obama. IMO it's night and day and night is kicking days *** around like a hacky sack right now.

delhalew
2/4/2010, 05:17 PM
Well put by Rep. Ryan. It's so simple, and yet Obama zombies think this is a republican talking point. What's so complicated about choosing between liberal state sponsered "utopia" and the spirit that made us THE world power.

Obama said he wants to "fundamentally transform the United States of America".
What did you think he meant?
Did you think he wanted to reinstate fiscal responsibilty, and strenthen the foundation of this union of states?
To fundamentally change this nation you have to bring the rest of the nation down to its knees. The slaves to leviathon did not choose that fate openly. They merely accepted the helping hand offered by the gubment. Generations later look at us.
Obama and everyone he has associated with throughout his life, have been studying the step by step manuals that instruct one on how to bring about this "change".
The more affluent a society the easier it is. After all, its not YOU they expect to change your lifeslyle. Its not the fruits of YOUR labor that will be confiscated.

Any of you that think this a demacrat v republican issue owe the rest of us an apology.