PDA

View Full Version : Dairy Queen....

SteelClip49
2/2/2010, 01:37 PM
chances of Oklahoma City getting any again?

NormanPride
2/2/2010, 02:26 PM
Sbarros, now this? I worry for you...

StoopTroup
2/2/2010, 02:31 PM
He likes the curly cones....leave him alone...lol

SteelClip49
2/2/2010, 02:34 PM
at least give me DQ. I dig the Chocolate Extreme! Ok...I admit Sbarro was a bit much but seriously, who doesn't like DQ?

Boomer.....
2/2/2010, 02:35 PM
I don't think their food is any good but their dip cones RMFO.

SteelClip49
2/2/2010, 02:40 PM
yes the food is crap but the ice cream is yummy!!!!!

StoopTroup
2/2/2010, 02:40 PM
Food>politics

badger
2/2/2010, 03:06 PM
I would welcome DQ... but Braums is on every corner here in T-Town, so not sure where it would go.

NormanPride
2/2/2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah, which would you rather have?

C&CDean
2/2/2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah, which would you rather have?

That's a hard one. Let's see.....fakey ice powdered milk and chemicals or some real iced cream straight outta a Oklahoma cow? A dilly bar or a pecan, pralines, and cream malt? A buster bar or a chocolate fudge sunday with pecans and whipped cream?

Hard choice here...

OULenexaman
2/2/2010, 03:34 PM
They close in Chicago for the winter..bastards..if Braums was here would they??.....I think not...

C&CDean
2/2/2010, 03:39 PM
Plus, Braum's burgers and stuff are actually worth eating. Not top drawer or anything, but edible. DQs? Not so much.

ouduckhunter
2/2/2010, 03:46 PM
We've got DQ's out here, but other than their ice cream, I think that the food is lousy.

I would love it if we had Braums out here! One of the first things that I do when I'm in OK is go have a double dip German Chocolate Sundae there!! Love those!!

Sonics just opened in Oregon in the past couple years. It's great to have them out here, but IMHO, they aren't nearly as good as they are back home!

I take great pride in being a junk food connoisseur! :D

Chuck Bao
2/2/2010, 03:47 PM
Dairy Queen in Thailand has completely repositioned itself to very cheap, soft ice cream. It is a great strategy in my opinion because most ice cream shops are very high end. There is a Dairy Queen kiosk in the shopping mall next to my office building. My former colleague from Minnesota just had to have a DQ soft ice cream in a waffer cone after lunch everyday and it costs about 30 cents. Personally, I love their green tea soft ice cream with whipped cream topping.

soonervegas
2/2/2010, 03:58 PM
I just wish Braum's was on the whole "clean stores" bandwagon. If they could do this they would be pretty perfect.

OULenexaman
2/2/2010, 04:07 PM
Personally, I love their green tea soft ice cream with whipped cream topping.

WTF????...and I thought iced coffee was the stupidest thing ever....:eek:

TUSooner
2/2/2010, 04:22 PM
I'm shocked to learn you don't have them. I guess I should have noticed last time I was up there. Back in the 60s, they were called "Dunn's Dairy Queen." My uncle worked for the company (Gardner Hotel & Restaurant Supply) that sold Dunn all of his restaurant equipment, and Uncle designed all the kitchens for Mr. Dunn. Aside from that prime bit of nostalgia, though, Braum's does indeed kick DQ's hind parts.

yermom
2/2/2010, 04:29 PM
WTF????...and I thought iced coffee was the stupidest thing ever....:eek:

they have green tea ice cream at Musashi's in OKC

it's pretty darn good

MR2-Sooner86
2/2/2010, 04:33 PM
I would welcome DQ... but Braums is on every corner here in T-Town, so not sure where it would go.

Woodland Hills Mall is the only place I know of that has a DQ. They only sell the ice cream as well. I wonder why.... ;)

silverwheels
2/2/2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah, a lot of Japanese restaurants have green tea ice cream. I'm not that wild about it, but it's not terrible, either.

ADs_Agent
2/2/2010, 05:20 PM
Braum's burgers are the best of any fast food chain in Oklahoma. Also Braum's mix > blizzard

C&CDean
2/2/2010, 05:27 PM
Braum's burgers are the best of any fast food chain in Oklahoma. Also Braum's mix > blizzard

WHATABURGER!!

ADs_Agent
2/2/2010, 05:39 PM
WHATABURGER!!

I forgot about them, good call. I will still say the 1/3 lb pepperjack with jalapenos at Braums is a great fast food burger

soonerboomer93
2/2/2010, 08:56 PM
Sbarros, now this? I worry for you...

why do you hate (fat) America?

soonerinabilene
2/2/2010, 10:47 PM
they have killer toast. almost makes the steak finger basket worth the $7.99. not really, but is good toast. and the tacos are ok for a taco from an ice cream parlor. at least you pay as if its really good food.

btk108
2/2/2010, 10:48 PM
IMO....Sonic screwed up with their "improved burger"

Crucifax Autumn
2/2/2010, 10:58 PM
Wow...When the best thing you can say about a place is "good toast" you know it's a ****hole. DQ here in Vegas sucks even worse than the ones in that part of the country.

King Barry's Back
2/3/2010, 04:12 AM
I've been gone from Oklahoma since 1995, but are you guys trying to tell me that DQ has more or less dried up and left that state? SOunds like none in OKC and only one in Tulsa? WTF?

MrJimBeam
2/3/2010, 05:57 AM
I just wish Braum's was on the whole "clean stores" bandwagon. If they could do this they would be pretty perfect.

They've improved in this area. Stopped in the store in Pryor the other day and the place was pleasantly clean. And that an old store too.

I really enjoy a burger and shake from Braum's, it's one of my favorite things in life.