PDA

View Full Version : Is the Thunder's success and possible play off run...

IronHorseSooner
1/31/2010, 12:43 PM
...helping with coping over a bad Sooner BBALL season? I know that we all tourney aspirations for this year's Sooner team, but with the thought of play offs and what this team could do for the future, I think it helps immensely.

the_ouskull
1/31/2010, 01:40 PM
Man, I have to be honest...

I agree with Petraeus for President.

I don't know how I feel about the Thunder as a coping mechanism, though. I'm a Rockets fan first, then a Thunder fan, admittedly, but I don't think that one helps with the other. I mean, I was counting on basketball to help with football, too, so I guess it CAN work, but that whole cross-teamination thing, the college v. pro thing... I'm not saying that it can't work, but it doesn't do it for me. Interesting thoughts, though.

the_ouskull

Eielson
1/31/2010, 03:55 PM
It's not seeming to help me.

Collier11
2/1/2010, 02:21 PM
It is a distraction but it doesnt really help so to speak as im not a huge NBA fan, im more of a Thunder fan than an NBA fan but it does keep my mind off of how average we are

starclassic tama
2/1/2010, 05:00 PM
getting the thunder was one of the most important and best moments of my life, even though our logo and jerseys are wack. the NBA was always my second favorite sport behind college football, so getting a team here just enhanced my life 100 fold. i was never a huge college basketball fan, but i love OU basketball. so in short, i just look at them as two separate entities.

soonervegas
2/2/2010, 04:09 PM
It helps, but it still sucks. (not making the tourney)

The best part of Thunder basketball is going to like 2-3 game per week between OU and the Thunder. Awesome.

stoopified
2/3/2010, 09:46 AM
I freely admit Watching our THUNDER play well has eased the sting of a dissappointing OU season.