PDA

View Full Version : offer made on house!!!

fadada1
1/30/2010, 10:33 PM
and we accepted. philly, here we come. only gotta make it through inspection (which it passed 2 1/2 years ago). house was on the market for 10 days. YES!!!!

please, let this go smoothly.

Frozen Sooner
1/30/2010, 10:40 PM
Congratualtions! Mine sat on the market for like 9 months but finally sold right before the end of the year...

Petro-Sooner
1/30/2010, 11:08 PM
Thats awesome! Good to hear.

Mjcpr
1/30/2010, 11:11 PM
You couldn't ask for a better environment in which to buy. You should be able to get a loan at about 5% which is a great deal. Good luck!

ouduckhunter
1/30/2010, 11:40 PM
Nice! Congrats!

If we could sell ours, we'd be out of here in a heartbeat. Taxes go up about every 48 hours out here. :eek:

jkjsooner
1/31/2010, 10:47 AM
You couldn't ask for a better environment in which to buy. You should be able to get a loan at about 5% which is a great deal. Good luck!

It depends on where you're buying. California or other areas where they've seen huge price drops it might be a great time to buy because of the rates and price declines. In Oklahoma it's probably a great time to buy.

In the northeast cities that have yet to see price drops, you are still essentially buying at the peak of the market. You'd be a fool to buy in D.C. right now.

Don't confuse low rates with a good deal. If rates rise prices must fall. I'd buy a cheaper house at a higher rate anyday before I'd pay an expensive house at a lower rate. You can always refinance the rate (assuming you didn't pay too much for the house). You can't refinance the house price.

We need to get out of the mindset that affordability is defined by the monthly payment. That's a fool's way of looking at finance. But as long as everyone else is looking at it that way prices will remain somewhat indirectly proportional to rates.

Rates can't stay at all time lows forever. While that may signal that now is the time to buy for some, I say it signals a warning sign.

fadada1
1/31/2010, 03:54 PM
backup offer also been placed today. gotta love that.

we'll be renting for now (down near philly). great town/location, but need to "solidify" how permanent things will be. also need to find the wife a job - hopefully will go well, with all her connections.

VeeJay
1/31/2010, 04:25 PM
Congratualtions! Mine sat on the market for like 9 months but finally sold right before the end of the year...

Got ya beat. 2 1/2 years and 50% of original listing price.

jkjsooner
1/31/2010, 05:04 PM
Just realized I kind of crapped on this thread... Sorry...

Good luck on your move, Fadada1.

olevetonahill
1/31/2010, 05:45 PM
Got ya beat. 2 1/2 years and 50% of original listing price.

I remember us talkin about that, Sucked fer ya. But at least yer out from under it.

olevetonahill
1/31/2010, 05:45 PM
Oh and Grats Fad. hope it all goes well for yall

King Barry's Back
2/1/2010, 09:27 AM
It depends on where you're buying. California or other areas where they've seen huge price drops it might be a great time to buy because of the rates and price declines. In Oklahoma it's probably a great time to buy.

In the northeast cities that have yet to see price drops, you are still essentially buying at the peak of the market. You'd be a fool to buy in D.C. right now.

Don't confuse low rates with a good deal. If rates rise prices must fall. I'd buy a cheaper house at a higher rate anyday before I'd pay an expensive house at a lower rate. You can always refinance the rate (assuming you didn't pay too much for the house). You can't refinance the house price.

We need to get out of the mindset that affordability is defined by the monthly payment. That's a fool's way of looking at finance. But as long as everyone else is looking at it that way prices will remain somewhat indirectly proportional to rates.

Rates can't stay at all time lows forever. While that may signal that now is the time to buy for some, I say it signals a warning sign.

DC has yet to see price drops? Are you insane? I've seen home prices down must be very close to 20% since 2006.

If you are saying DC prices have more room to go down, I'm listening to that argument.

StoopTroup
2/1/2010, 09:53 AM
Hope it goes through for ya.

jkjsooner
2/1/2010, 11:58 AM
DC has yet to see price drops? Are you insane? I've seen home prices down must be very close to 20% since 2006.

If you are saying DC prices have more room to go down, I'm listening to that argument.

It depends on what you're considering DC. If you're talking about Woodbridge or Manasses, then, yes, prices have plummeted by more than 50%.

If you're talking about NW DC or Arlington, at least from my experience prices have barely fallen.

I can't say I've actually gone out looking so my knowledge is second hand.

C&CDean
2/1/2010, 12:14 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would choose to live in Philadelphia.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/1/2010, 12:19 PM
They have a bad *** bell up there.

TopDawg
2/1/2010, 12:21 PM
Congrats fadada!

C&CDean
2/1/2010, 12:36 PM
They got a bell and a library where you can run up the steps like Stallone. They've got great hoagie joints and Italian restaurants. But to me, Philly is like NYC - without any of the charm.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/1/2010, 12:42 PM
It's the mecca of greasy dagos and Marky Mark movies.

C&CDean
2/1/2010, 12:44 PM
And D-cell battery tossin' goons.

StoopTroup
2/1/2010, 01:08 PM
I've got a nice little mid-town/utica square/brookside nook for sale too.

$425,000 to the first lucky buyer. That's only around $94.55 per sq/ft.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/1/2010, 01:09 PM
To back that up, I have Casa Del Bombero for sale in the Prattville area.

It can be yours for the low, low price of one brazillion dollars.