PDA

View Full Version : Some NFL Draft Rumors coming out of the week

stoops the eternal pimp
1/30/2010, 07:32 PM
The Lions aren't sure that Suh or McCoy are big enough to pay the nose and are looking to trade that pick down and possibly pick up Joe Haden or a DE..They would most likely take Suh at the 2 if he was there

Ravens Director of Player Personnel Eric DeCosta says that the TE position is a high priority this off season and hinted that both Heap and LJ Smith could be gone next season....really think this is where Gresham could end up..

The Rams are pretty interested in picking up Michael Vick to play the QB position, which would make Suh a 1st pick lock...The addition of Vick, Suh, and a couple of other decent picks would be a great offseason for St Louis..

Also the Broncos are shopping Brandon Marshall and their 10 pick, trying to get the Rams possibly to deal that 1 pick...The Bronco's want Suh or Eric Berry..

And the Broncos sent a lot of people to the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl to primarily talk to WRs...

Tampa Bay really wants Eric Berry

VA Sooner
1/30/2010, 07:37 PM
Gotta love this information. Where do you get all this stuff? Valuable!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/30/2010, 07:45 PM
worked in the draft scouting world for a while..do some part time stuff for a couple of draft services but not much...I've got a lot of relationships still out there...most of that info was from a buddy who took a roadtrip to mobile with 3 other scouts

Salt City Sooner
1/30/2010, 07:53 PM
Appreciate the info, STEP. Would you happen to have heard anything from Cincy? I'm SO hoping that they beat the Ravens to Gresham. There's been a gaping hole @ TE for 15 years now.

JLEW1818
1/30/2010, 07:58 PM
I heard Suh will fall to number 20, for my houston boys

misplacedsooner
1/30/2010, 08:25 PM
my lions need to figure out what they want to do and what makes the most sense to them and then do just the oppisite

JLEW1818
1/30/2010, 08:35 PM
my lions need to figure out what they want to do and what makes the most sense to them and then do just the oppisite

I'm sure they will take Dez Bryant, or some other Wr :D

Collier11
1/30/2010, 08:40 PM
Great info STEP, keep it coming

rawlingsHOH
1/30/2010, 09:19 PM
The Lions aren't sure that Suh or McCoy are big enough to pay the nose and are looking to trade that pick down and possibly pick up Joe Haden or a DE..They would most likely take Suh at the 2 if he was there

How big is Jay Ratliff again?

Curly Bill
1/30/2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, but we're talking about the Lions here. ;)

OUmillenium
1/30/2010, 09:26 PM
Do the Dallas Cowboys have decent picks this year?

Curly Bill
1/30/2010, 09:27 PM
Do the Dallas Cowboys have decent picks this year?

With Jerruh calling the shots, I doubt it. ;)

Collier11
1/30/2010, 09:28 PM
#27 in the 1st and 2nd round, I assume it will be the same all the way thru unless they are getting or losing picks for trades

JLEW1818
1/30/2010, 09:30 PM
yah 27 and 59

Eielson
1/30/2010, 10:21 PM
The Rams are pretty interested in picking up Michael Vick to play the QB position, which would make Suh a 1st pick lock...The addition of Vick, Suh, and a couple of other decent picks would be a great offseason for St Louis..

I like what Spagnuolo is doing. :D I think he did well with Jason Smith and James Laurinaitis.

JLEW1818
1/30/2010, 10:23 PM
I like what Spagnuolo is doing. :D I think he did well with Jason Smith and James Laurinaitis.

lol, i remember when Laurinaitis was suppose to be a top 5 pick.

Eielson
1/30/2010, 10:27 PM
lol, i remember when Laurinaitis was suppose to be a top 5 pick.

Yeah, all he did was tackle people. He didn't hit them hard enough.

Oddly enough, I was wanting the Rams to select Suh in the second round last year. He stayed in school, though.

Collier11
1/30/2010, 10:31 PM
Laurinitis had a 120 tackle, 2 int, 2 sack rookie year, most people would be happy with that

Eielson
1/30/2010, 10:39 PM
Laurinitis had a 120 tackle, 2 int, 2 sack rookie year, most people would be happy with that

Which is why I said I was happy with what Spags is doing.

JLEW1818
1/30/2010, 10:40 PM
It's hard to cheer for Cushing, but i do

Collier11
1/30/2010, 10:46 PM
I thought I smelled sarcasm, my fault

Eielson
1/30/2010, 11:04 PM
I thought I smelled sarcasm, my fault

It was sarcasm when I said all he did was tackle people. It wasn't sarcasm that I was happy to get him.

Collier11
1/30/2010, 11:10 PM
well there ya go, atlest you are sane when it comes to this ;)

Husker In Oklahoma
1/31/2010, 02:49 PM
I was wanting the Rams to select Suh in the second round last year. He stayed in school, though.

His draft evaluations last year, Suh would have been a top 15 pick, but he wanted his degree and got it. His parents are big in education, and he didn't want to let them down or himself down. I believe also, his family is not in a dire situation for cash. I'd say him coming back paid off for him. He had similar numbers last year, but NU's defense wasn't that good. It started coming into it's own after the mauling the Sooners laid on them in Norman.

Eielson
1/31/2010, 02:57 PM
His draft evaluations last year, Suh would have been a top 15 pick, but he wanted his degree and got it. His parents are big in education, and he didn't want to let them down or himself down. I believe also, his family is not in a dire situation for cash. I'd say him coming back paid off for him. He had similar numbers last year, but NU's defense wasn't that good. It started coming into it's own after the mauling the Sooners laid on them in Norman.

I had seen some mock drafts with him in round 2. I'm not saying he would've lasted that long, but I was hoping for it.

LawtonBoy74
2/1/2010, 02:32 AM
Cushing is a beast!!

badger
2/1/2010, 05:12 PM
I will cheer for the Sooners no matter what team they end up with, but of course I'd prefer they all play for the Packers. Since that won't happen, I can at least hope they don't end up with the Lions or Raiders. Those two places seem like ones that aren't that good for players to develop anything except a bank account.

JLEW1818
2/1/2010, 05:14 PM
I know this guy on here that likes the Raiders... LOL

stoops the eternal pimp
2/1/2010, 05:16 PM
big pimp

stoops the eternal pimp
2/1/2010, 05:29 PM
I bet the Raiders win another Superbowl before the Texans do..:D :eek: :eek: :D

JLEW1818
2/1/2010, 05:33 PM
hehe. i say that to Cowboy fans all the time.

Texans schedule in 2010 is very hard

Home: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Dallas, NY Giants, San Diego, Oakland, Baltimore.

Away: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, Denver, Kansas City, NY Jets.

the only home game that i would not got to is Oakland... ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
2/1/2010, 05:35 PM
Oakland will win by 7..Jay Mark has career day

JLEW1818
2/1/2010, 05:38 PM
who will the qb be

stoops the eternal pimp
2/1/2010, 05:56 PM
probably bruce gradowski or some other scrub...

sooner59
2/1/2010, 07:09 PM
I'm hearing that the Lions will use their first pick to snag WR Adron Tennell out of Oklahoma before somebody else does.

JLEW1818
2/1/2010, 07:11 PM
:eek:

misplacedsooner
2/1/2010, 07:53 PM
the lions like brodies athleticisim and will draft him as a wideout

VA Sooner
2/1/2010, 08:32 PM
Really? A wideout?

Need to find Gresham a good home. Was he around when Clayton was on the team? Ravens... side by side. Hmmm....

starclassic tama
2/3/2010, 01:27 AM
this looks like a horrible runningback class. maybe that will help brown's stock a little.

the_ouskull
2/3/2010, 11:13 PM
I heard Suh will fall to number 20, for my houston boys

That is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard, ever.

EVer.

If Suh falls to 20, I will eat my own head, like what Spottswood, from Team America, saw a guy do once.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
2/3/2010, 11:14 PM
i heard it was a joke

but i would love for you to eat your own head

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2010, 11:21 PM
I heard a few of the teams that need a quarterback this year may hold off til next year....that this year may be the year that teams look for #2's and go after #1's in the next draft...

like the Redskins may go Olineman with the 1st pick and go after somebody like Tony Pike with a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

NFLers talking tough now but after Bradford works out, it could be a lot different...I know several teams don't want Clausen til the 2nd..

JLEW1818
2/3/2010, 11:24 PM
I still think they will go QB

Not saying you are wrong or your sources... but i bet when its on the line, 2+ qbs will be picked round 1.. they always seem like they end up going qb

Collier11
2/4/2010, 01:34 AM
I heard STEP poops his pants

boomersooner28
2/4/2010, 11:35 AM
Speaking of a DT adding size (original post), has anybody checked out Remi Ayodele lately!?!? I'm pretty sure he is starting for the Saints at DT now and he is HUGE. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him against the Vikes.

rawlingsHOH
2/4/2010, 11:53 AM
Speaking of a DT adding size (original post), has anybody checked out Remi Ayodele lately!?!? I'm pretty sure he is starting for the Saints at DT now and he is HUGE. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him against the Vikes.

Yeah, he looks about 20 pounds heavier.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 04:20 PM
One Jacksonville player has a slight opinion on The Jags drafting Timmy T

[Offensive lineman Uche] Nwaneri posted on the Jaguars’ Web site that, while cashing a check, a bank teller started talking about how Tebow will save the Jaguars.

So Nwaneri posted his five points on Tebow, with capital letters:

"1. He can't throw, PERIOD.

2. He can't read any coverage other than probably cover 2 or man.

3. The QB Wildcat WILL NOT WORK IN THIS LEAGUE. PERIOD.

4. He doesn’t know how to take a snap from center.

5. HE CAN’T THROW, and that’s really something you either have or not."

JLEW1818
2/5/2010, 04:24 PM
Step, your boy Walter took timmy off!

Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Tim Tebow's Senior Bowl struggles was the best possible thing Wayne Weaver could have seen. It'll allow the Jaguars owner to obtain Tebow a bit later in the draft. More on that below.

Jacksonville's top need is selling tickets and drawing fan interest. The team's No. 2 need is finding someone who can get to the quarterback. The Jaguars tried the 4-3 and the 3-4 in 2009, but nothing worked. Amazingly, the team finished with just 14 sacks, and no one had more than three. Derrick Morgan nearly had as many sacks last season (12.5) as Jacksonville's entire defense!

Other 2010 NFL Draft Possibilities:

1. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE - The Jaguars may prefer Jason Pierre-Paul's upside. I think this would be a mistake (more on this below).

2. Trade Down (Tim Tebow) - The talk at the Senior Bowl was how dire things are in a few NFL cities, particularly Jacksonville. Wayne Weaver lost a lot of money this year. And by a lot of money, I mean A LOT OF MONEY. The situation is code-red for the Jaguars. Not even Jack Bauer, Chuck Norris or Carl Winslow could remedy things.

But Tebow can. Matt called me Thursday from the Senior Bowl and told me that he vastly underestimated how much love Tebow has. Thousands of people showed up just to see him practice. College girls made the trip to support him. The fans during the Senior Bowl continuously chanted, "We Want Te-Bow!"

If you haven't been to Florida recently, you don't know how much of an icon Tebow is down there. People love him and look up to him. He would solve all of Jacksonville's fiscal issues for the next two years. If Tebow struggles, Weaver could still recoup his money and sell the team. And if Tebow actually turns out to be a good quarterback? Weaver would be able to bathe in gold coins as if he were Uncle Scrooge.

I don't think the Jaguars will spend the No. 10 selection on Tebow. They can trade down to the 18-22 range (the Steelers would like Rolando McClain) and get him there. Or, they can trade this year's third-round pick and next year's second-round selection to obtain Tebow in Round 2.

The bottom line is - and I can't stress this enough - the Jaguars NEED to walk away from this draft with Tebow. If they don't, Weaver will continue to lose millions upon millions of dollars. The NFL is a business-first model, and Tebow would be an extremely value commodity for Jacksonville's troubled owner.

Collier11
2/5/2010, 04:26 PM
why would the Jags fans want him so bad if they know he cant play, Im starting to think these people think NFL fans dont care about winning

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 04:28 PM
or somehow the jacksonville market will grow..

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 04:29 PM
Walter" Brian Brohm will be the 1st pick in the draft?"

LOL