PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Recruiting Rankings

jdsooner
1/30/2010, 01:51 AM
Got my Sporting News today and saw that OU is ranked #2. Of course, that was before Jeffcoat committed to #4 Texas.

Remember the name Bronson Irwin, OL, Mustang (Okla) This huge guard (6-5, 320) is very good with his hands and nimble for his size. "Every offer I got since the OU offer didn't feel near so special for me," Irwin said. "Two (of Oklahoma's lineman last season) were seniors and two were juco guys, so it's looking pretty good that I'll play early."

My prediction is next year.

LawtonBoy74
1/30/2010, 02:33 AM
He'll definitely play next year...maybe start off getting late game reps but by the end of the season I see him starting...Lets just hope he makes it through the summer workouts!!

jdsooner
1/30/2010, 06:20 PM
Top 25 recruiting according to SN:

Florida
Oklahoma
Alabama
Texas
USC
Penn State
Auburn
Georgia
Florida State
LSU
Texas A&M
Miami
UCLA
Ohio State
Notre Dame
West Virginia
Tennessee
Washington
Michigan
Oregon
Clemson
South Carolina
Stanford
California
ByU

Widescreen
1/30/2010, 11:18 PM
Where's Okie State? T. Boone won't be feel like he's getting his money's worth.

soonerfromgeorgia
1/31/2010, 09:04 AM
We will end up around #5,6 or 7. Jeffcoat commiting to Texas has already knocked up down to #4 or worse.

rawlingsHOH
1/31/2010, 11:22 PM
We will end up around #5,6 or 7. Jeffcoat commiting to Texas has already knocked up down to #4 or worse.

Wow, we must've been real close to begin with for one recruit to cause that type of shake up. I think 4 years from now we will consider it silly.

goingoneight
2/1/2010, 09:29 AM
If they have the measurables, I'll trust Stoops to provide like his staff always does as far as developing talent... 5-star or "why are we offering that guy?"-star.

KantoSooner
2/1/2010, 02:04 PM
Looking good. My personal opinion is that anything in the top 10 is probably just fine. You never know with young guys, and injuries, and everything else that can happen in 3-5 years how a class will finally pan out.
This one excites me, though. ....I feel the need for speed.

JLEW1818
2/1/2010, 06:03 PM
Rivals has OU at 5

1) Florida
2) Texas
3) Alabama
4) Auburn
5) Oklahoma
6) LSU
7) Tennessee
8) Penn State
9) Georiga
10) Texas A&M

6 SEC teams
3 BIG 12 teams

and Penn st

and you wonder why the SEC has won the last 4 national titles?

silverwheels
2/1/2010, 06:54 PM
The top teams in the SEC do recruit very well, but you don't need recruiting rankings to tell you that. Those things are as inexact and biased as the polls are.

JLEW1818
2/1/2010, 07:04 PM
Brennan Clay's facebook status

is the University of Oklahoma will be receiving a signature with my name on it in less than 36 hours ..ohhh thank GOD for signing day ..I will officially be an Oklahoma Soonerrrrr ..

SoonerShark
2/1/2010, 08:26 PM
Where's Okie State? T. Boone won't be feel like he's getting his money's worth.

The Cowboys are not recruiting anyone. All of the Cowboy players will be walk-ons...albeit driving Range Rovers who earn $50,000.00 per Summer on T. Boone's hot windfarm.

soonerguild
2/1/2010, 11:30 PM

Really? How does jeffcoat going to uterus bump two, three, or four teams above us. Step off the ledge dude, we have a great class. We just didn't get guys that waited til the end. It doesn't mean they are better just because they are indecisive.

We have a lot of guys other big programs wanted.

Sooner4FCD
2/2/2010, 01:01 AM
Rankings don't mean crap once you're in the top 10 or so. It's almost impossible to gauge the difference between #1 and #10 except for a couple of top guys.

Herr Scholz
2/2/2010, 01:10 AM
Rankings don't mean crap once you're in the top 10 or so. It's almost impossible to gauge the difference between #1 and #10 except for a couple of top guys.

Florida and USC say hi.

Sooner4FCD
2/2/2010, 01:57 AM
Florida and USC say hi.

So what you're saying is the best teams have good recruiting classes....no **** sherlock.

My point is there's dozens and dozens of 3 and 4 star players going to every major school and it's impossible to rank all those kids except in a very vague way. I'd argue the difference between national championships and 3 or 4 loss seasons is not on the strength of the top recruits but who has the best coaching that gets the most out of these 3 and 4 star players. As has been said before the same player could rush for 2,000 yards for a 5A school in Texas and be a 4 or 5 star recruit and he could rush for 2,000 yards for a 3A school and be a 2 or 3 star recruit.

If these recruiting "experts" had known in 2004 what they know now about Sam Bradford, I'm sure our recruiting class would've been ranked higher. Both Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy were 3 star recruits

Until these players perform on the field there's no point for rankings. Jeffcoat could be the next Gerald McCoy who's a superstar and he could be the next DeMarcus Granger who is just a decent d-line guy...they were both #1 out of high school but that doesn't mean anything until they perform

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/2/2010, 05:59 PM
Florida and USC say hi.

yes and both teams are about to experience the sequel to top recruiting rankings -> when underclassmen bolt early.

come on herr. both of us are losing 2 of the best players in our storied history and both were recruiting back up plans. do you remember when colt took that trip to bowling green after perriloux or whoever it was committed?

OUsoONErs1
2/2/2010, 10:37 PM
R we expecting any surprises!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/4/2010, 12:15 PM
Here's the latest Rivals ratings: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880