PDA

View Full Version : Jeffcoat

retnuH03
1/29/2010, 01:46 PM
Sorry if posted already but just saw jeffcoat chose texas. Bummer thought we had a shot

stoops the eternal pimp
1/29/2010, 01:46 PM
LOL

Widescreen
1/29/2010, 01:48 PM
Jeffcoat who? Never heard of him.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/29/2010, 01:49 PM
Jeff's coat?

Salt City Sooner
1/29/2010, 02:07 PM
Can you watch a coat of jeff dry?

badger
1/29/2010, 03:16 PM
Jeffcoat is the new Studdard.

Leroy Lizard
1/29/2010, 03:33 PM
I don't follow recruiting. But if the posts on this board are any indication, Jeffcoat must be the greatest player to have ever played the game.

rawlingsHOH
1/29/2010, 04:56 PM
I don't follow recruiting. But if the posts on this board are any indication, Jeffcoat must be the greatest player to have ever played the game.

Saw Plano West play twice each of the last 2 years. He looked like a good player. But I was shocked a year ago when there was talk of him being the #1 recruit in the nation. Lineage didn't hurt.

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2010, 04:58 PM
Someone on here said that when he went head-to-head against Adam Shead, that Shead pretty much shut him down. He's going to be good, but that may say something about the quality of OL that we have coming here.

Widescreen
1/29/2010, 05:31 PM
I'm sure he's really good, but I wonder if he'd really be the #1 DE in the nation if his last name wasn't Jeffcoat. Not knocking the kid, it's just something I've been wondering about.

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2010, 05:40 PM
I think he didn't come for a few reasons:

1) He wanted to be his own man. With his Dad at Houston, his sister with us, and his Dad having gone to ASU, he wanted to carve out his own niche. I can respect that.
2) He wanted to play two sports, and OUr staff said "NO!" Hence the * Coaches showing up at his BBALL game, and his announcement during a BBALL style pep rally.
3) He wouldn't crack the field for two years. He has to realize that the last Texas HS stand out DE, RJ Washington, has been there for two years and still hasn't cracked the starting lineup. With Beal, Alexander, Washington, King, and Chaisson ahead of him, he wouldn't see the field for a while.
4) Geneo Grissom. Grissom is the same style of player as Jeffcoat, and about the same size. He just didn't have the Jeffcoat pedigree.

MamaMia
1/29/2010, 06:25 PM
Yes its been already been posted, however the thread is only 8 pages long so I can understand how someone could miss it.

A Sooner in Texas
1/29/2010, 10:34 PM
Yes its been already been posted, however the thread is only 8 pages long so I can understand how someone could miss it.

Well played, Mama. Gracious, yet with just the right amount of understated snark. :D

S008NER
1/30/2010, 09:32 PM
I think he didn't come for a few reasons:

2) He wanted to play two sports, and OUr staff said "NO!" Hence the * Coaches showing up at his BBALL game, and his announcement during a BBALL style pep rally.

There is zero chance they will let him play two sports there.....zero! This kind of tactic is not usual. Baylor told Griffin that he could play two sports when he committed and then later told him he could not.

Curly Bill
1/30/2010, 09:48 PM
Texas told another Rivals 5-star John Chiles that he would have a shot at playing QB for them. Man, he's had a hell of a career huh?

IronHorseSooner
1/30/2010, 10:15 PM
The problem with *'s class is the same that problem that KU pre-Bill Self had. You had all of these talented guys, but only player can get the ball per play, and only one player can make the big hit. I will bet my next paycheck that one of those WRs, LBs, and DEs end up causing a stink before it's over. * still did not address their RB problem (no elite RB), or their TE problem. It they think that any of the guys that they have there now will do, they have been dipping into Tre Newton's dad's secret stash.

westcoast_sooner
1/31/2010, 02:27 AM
Honestly, I'm not going to lose any more sleep with Jeffcoat's commitment to Texas than I did when Kindle committed there.

Look, Texas is going to get theirs, and we're going to have to scrap for ours. But bottom line, IMO, is that we've got a coaching staff that is going to put a competitive team on the field every year (barring catastrophic injuries). And this year we were able to make up for the Texas state recruiting losses with pulling in guys from California and Florida. We'll see if that trend continues, but I'm guessing we'll see some ebb and flow - some years we'll get our share out of Texas and other years have to go national.

Good luck to Jeffcoat - I'm hoping he'll be more a Sergio Kindle (worthy adversary) rather than an Adam James (whiny baby with a big name daddy). But I wish he'd chosen OU. In any case, we'll be OK.

King Barry's Back
2/1/2010, 06:10 AM
Good luck to Jeffcoat - But I wish he'd chosen OU. In any case, we'll be OK.

He could get injured, lose focus, miss mom's home cookin', who knows.

I just never worried or really thought about recruiting. When they put on the red and white, i cheer for them.

Before that, or especially after they say "NO" to the red and white, I'm not much interested at all.