PDA

View Full Version : What's your most memorable Sooner Super Bowl Highlight?

cortezsooner
1/29/2010, 01:21 PM
Can't remember too many, but my most memorable would be the touchdown pass down the sideline from Jim Plunkett to Kenny King. It was a record at the time, not sure if it still is?

I'm sure Troy Aikman has some if you consider him a Sooner...
What about Keith Jackson, did he have any Super Bowl moments that stand out?

Also just for the record, my Sooner Bowl Anti-Highlight would have to be Stanley Wilson getting suspended the night before in a Cocaine Stupor...I remember that was really disapponting. Wikipedia says the following about that incident: ' It has been argued that the loss of Wilson may have contributed to the Bengals' loss to the 49ers. The field at Joe Robbie Stadium was somewhat muddy that night, but Wilson usually excelled in these conditions.'

SteelClip49
1/30/2010, 12:04 AM
Steelers fan here.....

James Harrison's 100 yard INT return for a TD

Santonio Holmes catch in the back of the end zone winning SB43!!!

cortezsooner
1/30/2010, 01:02 PM
Steelers fan here.....

James Harrison's 100 yard INT return for a TD

Santonio Holmes catch in the back of the end zone winning SB43!!!

I didn't realize that James Harrison and Santonio Holmes were Sooners!!

freshchris05
1/30/2010, 10:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3hR8JiWtXU

6:53

80 yards

freshchris05
1/30/2010, 10:55 PM
Herm Edwards favorite :D

SteelClip49
1/31/2010, 11:36 PM
Forgive me...didn't see the Sooner part. Crucify me. In that case....NONE!!! Troy is not a Sooner. He never was.

Salt City Sooner
2/1/2010, 12:18 AM
I'd say when Joe Washington caught that little swing pass from Theisman & took it to the house from about 90 yards out.

Jack Squirek kinda screwed that one up though. :(

sooner59
2/1/2010, 03:03 AM
I didn't realize that James Harrison and Santonio Holmes were Sooners!!

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. Apparently "Sooner" Super Bowl moments threw some people for a loop.

King Barry's Back
2/1/2010, 05:35 AM
Troy is not a Sooner. He never was.

He did wear red and white, with a little OU on his helmet, didn't he?

And no doubt he is a Henryetta Hen.

TUSooner
2/1/2010, 08:56 AM
In Super Bowl V, Eddie Hinton of the Colts tipped a pass that was tipped again by Cowboy Mel Renfro and then caught by John Mackey for a TD. Most people think that was a crummy SB, but it's because they're Cowboy fans. There were lots of turnovers because it was hard-hitting game. I thought it was a great SB because the 'Boys lost (on last play FG). :D

MeMyself&Me
2/1/2010, 09:38 AM
He did wear red and white, with a little OU on his helmet, didn't he?

Very briefly. Then defected to UCLA. I've never heard him or anyone else refer to a statement from him indicating that he recognizes any association with OU. He also undermined the King in Dallas.

He is not a Sooner.

Salt City Sooner
2/1/2010, 02:10 PM
Very briefly. Then defected to UCLA. I've never heard him or anyone else refer to a statement from him indicating that he recognizes any association with OU. He also undermined the King in Dallas.

He is not a Sooner.

During a telecast 4-5 years ago, the subject of the RRS came up & I heard him point blank say (& not in a malicious tone, I will give him that) that " I guess that since I live in Texas, I'm pulling for Texas."

Fuggedaboud him.

NMSooner'80
2/1/2010, 02:15 PM
I think Tony Casillas and Scott Case contributed in Dallas' last-ever Super Bowl win (over the Steelers).

VA Sooner
2/1/2010, 08:44 PM
Aikman was a Sooner ever so briefly. When he was injured, all hopes for the season was lost until they found out that the true freshman, Jamelle Holieway, was very good at running and running the option (and on rare occasions, surprised defenses by throwing a fairly decent pass here and there).

From then on, the Wishbone was back and Aikman knew it and found UCLA.

He's a Bruin in my eyes.

AlbqSooner
2/1/2010, 09:27 PM
Aikman was a Sooner ever so briefly. When he was injured, all hopes for the season was lost until they found out that the true freshman, Jamelle Holieway, was very good at running and running the option (and on rare occasions, surprised defenses by throwing a fairly decent pass here and there).

From then on, the Wishbone was back and Aikman knew it and found UCLA.

He's a Bruin in my eyes.

On Jamelle's first play from scrimmage he threw a completed pass. It was supposed to be an option right, but as he got to the pitch point he saw his receiver wide open and nailed it.

goingoneight
2/2/2010, 12:25 PM
I watched a "Triplets" documentary on the NFL Network where Troy and his partners said point-blank there was nothing to the story of them hating Switzer. Troy also acknowledged his time at Oklahoma being the first time he met Jimmy Johnson. Like anything else, I'm sure positive or negative, anything that's out there about him is purely speculation. And yeah, he didn't graduate from OU, nor finish his career here. I don't see anyone hating on Tashard Choice, Keith Nichol or Chase Beeler. I think Troy's HOF career elsewhere just burned a lot of fans. We got a MNC out of Jamelle, but also a lot of bad pub followed in the late 80's while Troy went onto be successful at another school and in the Neffel. Some let their Dallas hatred cloud their judgement of him, too. I know some people who said horrible things about Switzer when he took the Dallas job, and after he was "forced to resign," they just act like his time in Big D just never happened and all he ever did was set the standard for OU football. Sports fans and their opinions, I guess.

How about that Super Bowl where Sam dumped a 21-yard screen off to AD that went for a score to win the Super Bowl? :D Gresham had a bgreat block on that play, IIRC! ;)

I can dream, can't I?

Boomer.....
2/2/2010, 12:31 PM
Janet Jackson's boob.

;)

:D

goingoneight
2/2/2010, 12:49 PM
Maybe Carrie Underwood will denounce her engagement after singing the National Anthem on Sunday? That would be a great Sooner moment. :D

cortezsooner
2/2/2010, 01:59 PM
Ok, how about this one come Monday next week? With the score tied at 30-30 with :01 left on the clock, Saints coach gives Hartley a chance to win it from an NFL record 65 yards....He figures: "We miss and go to Overtime!" Hartley promptly drills the NFL record 65 yarder for the win!!

It's his 11th FG of the day by the way.......Also an NFL record. MVP is a given at this point!

There's a Sooner highlight!

85Sooner
2/3/2010, 11:00 AM
heres hoping Carrie Underwood has a wardrobe malfunction.