PDA

View Full Version : Corey Nelson to OU

USCMichigander
1/29/2010, 08:21 AM
Nice job Sooners. Five star OLB. Decommitted from Texas A&M in favor of your boys today.

He was scheduled to take a visit to USC this weekend, if anyone has info can they let me know if he will in fact take that visit?

Thanks

Rhino
1/29/2010, 09:55 AM
One site says he won't make the visit to USC. Another says he will.

I'd call him a shaky commit at best.

MojoRisen
1/29/2010, 10:19 AM
We were on him from the get go, one report is he did verbal but has not told A&M as of yet. One site did say the visit is on for SC and the other is he is verbal to OU. It would be real nice to get him!

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2010, 11:58 AM
I told an A&M buddy of mine yesterday that it would be good for us to get Jeffcoat because that would mean that Nelson would have a better shot at keeping his commitment to A&M. If not, Nelson would be a Sooner. It looks like I'm right.

Well, it looks like Cullen will likely stay out west somewhere (Utah or ASU), and I bet Porter will go to OSU.

Nelson fits our mold at LB. I know that there are comparisons of him to Curtis "The Man" Lofton, and if he's the hitter and cover man that some say, then having him, R. Lewis, and Wort on the field at the same time will be flat out deadly.

I wonder, in the end, how much Grissom's commit influenced what Jeffcoat did. Grissom seems like the identical style player to Jeffcoat, it is just that he 1) didn't play in the Metroplex, instead in Hutchinson, KS, and 2) he didn't have a dad who played for the Cowboys. Jeffcoat would have also made the 9th DE on the roster. With * having to replace Kindle, it would be easier for him to see the field. We have guys like Alexander, King, Washington, Chaisson, and Grissom, and even with his talent, he would have had to battle with some guys just to get some PT.

I am not as upset with Jeffcoat's pick as I am with D. White's pick, because I think he chose * for solid reasons, and as a Dad who will have a son going to FLA, I can understand about him wanting to be his own man. I know that my son, even though he loves his sister who is 11 months younger, that he wants to venture out on his own. Even though I despise * to the core, I can respect the kid for his decision.

BTw, welcome aboard young Mr. Nelson. Coach Stoops will make you a champion!

Widescreen
1/29/2010, 11:59 AM
Nelson to OU may have been premature. ESPN, who was the only one reporting this, is now hedging.

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2010, 12:02 PM
Oops! Well, let's hope that he does come here.

soonerguild
1/29/2010, 01:01 PM
On ESPN's on the trail feature on their recruiting page they have a quote from nelson saying he is an aggie.

Today has sucked, nelson is staying at a&m supposedly, and hicks and jeffcoat chose *. Crap

Widescreen
1/29/2010, 01:02 PM
I still think we're going to end up signing some OL project no one's ever heard of to take the last scholarship.

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2010, 01:20 PM
What's with Cullen or Porter?

MojoRisen
1/29/2010, 01:21 PM
I say we save the ship, if no-one is going to be good enough to sniff the field don't waste it.

Yeah - can we hit Porter hard from Tech?

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2010, 01:25 PM
In all of this, I thought that Cullen is who we need. Jeffcoat, Nelson, or Porter would have been nice, but for where this team needs to go, we need a guy like Cullen. We're loaded at DE, LB, and DB. We might still get Porter, but Cullen is the one that we need. Again, if we don't get either one of those guys, I say don't spend it if you don't need it. Heck, go get a kicker! We've addressed OUr other need areas (OL, DT, WR, TE), why not a kid like Cabello or Cole Way?

picasso
1/29/2010, 03:13 PM
We've got a great class.

I don't care for any kids who want to play for the silver haired weasel.

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2010, 04:35 PM
Well, if Cullen goes to SUC, I say we sign a local kid. Here's who left of note:

Tre Porter: DB, MWC Schools: OU, OSU, Tech (and others)
Emmanuel Maxwell: LB, MWC Schools: OU, OSU, Tulsa (and others)
Denton Simek: OL, Prague Schools: Tech, Nebraska
Trayvon Henry: OLB/DE, OKC Millwood Schools: OU, OSU, Tulsa (and others)
Chris McAlester: WR, Del City Schools: Colorado State, Wyoming
Daniel Farrow: DB, Mustang Schools: OU. OSU, Tulsa (and others)
Darwin Rideau: ATH, Star Spencer Schools: OU, OSU (and others)
Kevin Cabello: K, PC North Schools: N/A
Cole Way: K, Tulsa Union Schools: Tulsa, Arky

Of those, which one should we try to get? The kid out in Prague is an intriguing one. It looks like we were on the original list, but then went elsewhere. I wonder if he will be the "mysterious OL" that some of us here have been predicting that we would get. If all else fails, I could see us getting Rideau's kid. He seems to be a Ronnell Lewis type, who we could use at a number of different positions, and special teams. He could be an RB, WR, LB, or even a safety. Again, all else fails, we should go after a kicker. Get Tress's younger brother, or offer Cabello, if he wants to continue with football. Any thoughts on any of these guys from those who are back home and may have heard of any of them.

LawtonBoy74
1/30/2010, 02:30 AM
I say we get that kid out of Union the kicker/punter that kid is huge!!! He's got to be like 6'6...I seen him play Lawton in the playoffs and all he did was kick touchbacks!! Now as far as fieldgoals go I dont know..If we could get anyone with the last pick I wish we could get Seantrel Henderson!! that would be AWESOME!!!

IronHorseSooner
1/30/2010, 04:08 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cole-Way-94101

That would be Cole Way. He's listed at 6'8", 210. He's the tallest kicker that I could remember since Neil O'Donoghue of the Cardinals back in the 80's. Heck, Cabello from PC North is listed at 6'5". We addressed every other area on the team in this class- 5 OL, 4 DTs, 5 WRs, and 2 TE/ H-Backs. Why not go after a kicker?

tommieharris91
2/2/2010, 11:29 PM
No mention that Cole is Tress's brother?

Eielson
2/3/2010, 12:02 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cole-Way-94101

That would be Cole Way. He's listed at 6'8", 210. He's the tallest kicker that I could remember since Neil O'Donoghue of the Cardinals back in the 80's. Heck, Cabello from PC North is listed at 6'5". We addressed every other area on the team in this class- 5 OL, 4 DTs, 5 WRs, and 2 TE/ H-Backs. Why not go after a kicker?

I like O'Hara.

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 10:27 AM
Well, this recruitment has taken an odd turn..

Rhino
2/3/2010, 10:33 AM
Uhhhh...yeah. WTG, Joe Powell, if so.

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 11:06 AM
Just grabbed this from Rivals:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7281/nelsonsx.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/nelsonsx.jpg/)

Notice it doesn't say "soft verbal". If we do get him, I kinda feel sorry for aTm's coaches. It sucks when guys switch on signing day because it doesn't leave the losing coaching staff any time to recruit someone else. I certainly hate it when it happens to us. I guess it kind of balances out over time, but it is kind of a kick to the groin when you lose out.

Soonerwolf
2/3/2010, 11:15 AM
ESPNU coverage of National Signing Day reports that Corey Nelson has signed with tam.

OU44life
2/3/2010, 11:20 AM
Under Armour All-American Corey Nelson (Dallas/Skyline), previously committed to the Aggies, has signed Wednesday with Oklahoma, ESPN's Gerry Hamilton reports.

JLEW1818
2/3/2010, 11:21 AM
I just got a text from an aggie friend saying OU got him???????

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 11:24 AM
meltdown at Texags in 3,2,1....(if true).

Boomer.....
2/3/2010, 11:26 AM
Feb. 3

Corey Nelson, OLB

Dallas, TX
Skyline High School

Scouts Grade: 81
ESPN150 Rank: 62
Position Rank: 3
Outside linebacker Corey Nelson drops Texas A&M and signs with Oklahoma

Under Armour All-American Corey Nelson (Dallas/Skyline), previously committed to the Aggies, has signed Wednesday with Oklahoma, ESPN's Gerry Hamilton reports.

Nelson Update Archive

Looks like we landed him again.

JLEW1818
2/3/2010, 11:26 AM
It's official, OU

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 11:32 AM
meltdown at Texags in 3,2,1....(if true).

Already started. This is in particular - I recommend looking at it before it gets deleted. And if he does end up at aTm, these folks are going to feel pretty ashamed of themselves.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1572549&forum_id=5

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 11:33 AM
OU must have cheated to get him...

sincerely,

ATM fan

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 11:41 AM
Just grabbed this from Rivals:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7281/nelsonsx.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/nelsonsx.jpg/)

Notice it doesn't say "soft verbal". If we do get him, I kinda feel sorry for aTm's coaches. It sucks when guys switch on signing day because it doesn't leave the losing coaching staff any time to recruit someone else. I certainly hate it when it happens to us. I guess it kind of balances out over time, but it is kind of a kick to the groin when you lose out.

Heh. Same page now shows an OU logo next to "Solid Verbal".

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 11:50 AM
You keep saying that word, solid. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 11:54 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 12:00 PM
"classy" Texags.com poster GigEmAgs posts:

"Here is your future Mr. Nelson..

You will be on Special Teams your fish year, and when you come to Kyle Field you will get ear holed by one Aggie and the other takes your legs out from under you. As you lay down on the Kyle Field turf staring at the sky, think about your future and hope Big Red Imports will still employ you to do nothing the rest of your life now that your playing career is over."

if goes to ATM he probably takes Bill Gates place but in a uniquely Texas Aggie kind of way and spends lazy afternoons with a Shiner in one hand and with his Aggie Ring up the bottom of Megan Fox. these people certainly have a unique and interesting view of themselves.

snuballer7
2/3/2010, 12:01 PM
Just got this on Twitter...

SoonerSportscom Corey Nelson, LB, 6-0, 210, Dallas, Texas. OU Signing Day coverage (http://tinyurl.com/yekszck) presented by OK Farm Bureau.

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 12:01 PM
Nelson has sent in his LOI to OU. Ballgame.

IronHorseSooner
2/3/2010, 12:19 PM
I also just LOVE how they say that all of the texas state teams ought to get together and negative recruit against us and LSU. It hasn't worked for about 40 years, so why do you think it will now?

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 12:24 PM
7 National Championships and a storied tradition has a way of pissing all over everything +exas sometimes. Ain't it cool when you see it happen over and over?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 12:26 PM
the funny part is that they are screaming about the dude switching to us on signing day. for the last decade, its been the other way around -> jeff fuller, pierre brown, dominic steamer

StoopTroup
2/3/2010, 12:29 PM
the funny part is that they are screaming about the dude switching to us on signing day. for the last decade, its been the other way around -> jeff fuller, pierre brown, dominic steamer

That 12th domino really can hurt sometimes.

http://students.ou.edu/Y/Jacob.R.Yandell-1/karma.png

MojoRisen
2/3/2010, 12:31 PM
Sooner scoop doesn't have him as signed? He definitely did though?

Never mind, he is up! Big score for venables! This guy was a 3 time all state - played DE as a sophmore and was allstate - sounds like a player.

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 12:34 PM
i don't know if it's a balancing of metaphysics, they are just hypocrites. like jkm said (and i posted somewhere else this AM), what about Jeff Fuller. when he switched, he just saw that ATM was "the better opportunity" and was made of "the right stuff" to be an Aggie.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 12:47 PM
i don't know if it's a balancing of metaphysics, they are just hypocrites. like jkm said (and i posted somewhere else this AM), what about Jeff Fuller. when he switched, he just saw that ATM was "the better opportunity" and was made of "the right stuff" to be an Aggie.

well, outside of fuller (which really hurt us last year), the others were pretty meh. i don't really know anything about nelson, nor will i probably know until our first kickoff in the fall, but i hope he breaks the mold.

IronHorseSooner
2/3/2010, 12:50 PM
FWIW, most recruiting folks compare him to Curtis "The Man" Lofton.

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 12:53 PM
well, outside of fuller (which really hurt us last year), the others were pretty meh. i don't really know anything about nelson, nor will i probably know until our first kickoff in the fall, but i hope he breaks the mold.

Fuller sure could have helped us last year since Broyles is the only guy without the 24/7 dropsies most of the year (when healthy). Jones wasn't always great by any means, but the guy could not buy a break sometimes on 3rd down and eventually he's got to be thinking i got to hit my guy right in the numbers/make the perfect throw everytime....because his WR's aren't making plays for him.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 12:58 PM
heh, i was just thinking about something. when we've lost recruits to aTm on most signing days (i didn't follow fuller's defection), it was like we lost who? oh well. compare that to their reaction...

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 01:11 PM
the aTm faithful are saying any comparison with Fuller is false because Fuller switched commitments in December. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, I agree that this situation is different.

soonerfan28
2/3/2010, 01:12 PM
Fuller and Pierre Brown both switched to A&M

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 01:24 PM
the aTm faithful are saying any comparison with Fuller is false because Fuller switched commitments in December. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, I agree that this situation is different.

i KNOW pierre brown switched his commit on signing day. steamer is a little hazy (it was 2001). i didn't follow recruiting at all with fuller so i don't know.

Rhino
2/3/2010, 01:41 PM
Fuller decommitted after Sherman became coach, about two months before NSD.

We lost Steamer a week before NSD.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 01:42 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3179399/1197355440

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 01:45 PM
6) Pierre Brown – Texas A&M – Was a long-time Oklahoma commitment, but flipped to Texas A&M on signing day and was a big boost for the Aggie class. What’s amazing about it is that he didn’t tell a soul about his decision – not even his coach or mother.

http://michiganagainsttheworld.blogspot.com/2008/03/well-it-appears-as-though-kyles-post.html

boomersooner28
2/3/2010, 02:06 PM
Ouch. We had 2 losses on that top 10 list.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 02:30 PM
yeah, mahelona ended up an AA at tennessee too

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 02:36 PM
This is why you don't live and die with the thought processes of 18-year-old kids. See who signs, then fret over them.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 02:59 PM
This is why you don't live and die with the thought processes of 18-year-old kids. See who signs, then fret over them.

more like, wait til fall, see who can play, fret over them.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 03:02 PM
Stoops never recovered from losing Robert Meachem.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 03:09 PM
blake never recovered from losing chip ambres

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 03:11 PM
Akili Smith was all set to come here, but Oregon's school year was broken into quarters and that sent him to Eugene.

Mike Moschetti had two dogs named Boomer and Sooner.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 03:16 PM
i'll raise your * an RW mcquarters, then i'll go old school and talk about why jerome bettis went to ND.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 03:20 PM
Bettis was all set to come here before the probation and Switzer's resignation, right? Oh, and R.W. was pissed because Schnellenberger made him take off his hat.

I just hope XLK signs with us. We can always use a run stuffing tackle up the gut.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2010, 03:24 PM
Bettis was all set to come here before the probation and Switzer's resignation, right? Oh, and R.W. was pissed because that old drunk made him take off his hat.

I just hope XLK signs with us. We can always use a run stuffing tackle up the gut.

all i gotta say is if barry had spent the night at earl campbell's house, he'd be hobbling around our campus now.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 03:32 PM
Osborne would've been fired around 1982 if Switzer hadn't neglected to hide Turner Hill.

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 03:42 PM
all i gotta say is if barry had spent the night at earl campbell's house, he'd be hobbling around our campus now.

him and Eric Dickerson.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 03:51 PM
Did the Haley twins ever decide on OU or Missouri?

Salt City Sooner
2/3/2010, 04:16 PM
Dusty Loveless is gonna make us forget all about GK....

PDXsooner
2/3/2010, 04:36 PM
more like, wait til fall, see who can play, fret over them.

ding ding ding!!!

Ruf/Nek7
2/3/2010, 06:08 PM
Word has it that the Skyline coach mentioned something about Venables contacting Nelson last night (which is in violation of NCAA Rules) and said he "would ruin his career if he played at A&M". Has anyone heard about any of these allegations? Or are they just rumors kindled by pissed off aggies?

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 06:15 PM
Seems to be rumors kindled by 3-post n00bs.

;)

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 06:20 PM
How's this for you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Venables

I'll quote it since it will be removed shortly.

Brent Venables is currently under NCAA investigation due to recruiting infractions regarding Dallas Skyline linebacker Corey Nelson. Venables allegedly arranged for Nelson to receive $40,000 cash upon signing with the University of Oklahoma.

LOL. Gotta love wikipedia, where you know everything's true because anyone can edit the contents!

Ruf/Nek7
2/3/2010, 06:21 PM
really? i may have only posted 3 thus far but i am by no means not worthy of posting this message.

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 06:24 PM
really? i may have only posted 3 thus far but i am by no means not worthy of posting this message.

I guess you missed the ;)

Ruf/Nek7
2/3/2010, 06:28 PM
ok, sorry for that....didnt think # of posts determined how legit one is. Thanks for the info. An aggie informed me of it and said that the real violation came with Venables contacting within 24 hours of NSD.

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 06:34 PM
ok, sorry for that....didnt think # of posts determined how legit one is. Thanks for the info. An aggie informed me of it and said that the real violation came with Venables contacting within 24 hours of NSD.

Actually, it can. We get a lot of doofuses that sign up and start posting all kind of crazy stuff so many of us take these kinds of tidbits with a grain of salt when that happens.

Ruf/Nek7
2/3/2010, 06:37 PM
i understand, but i can assure im not one of those "doofuses"! just wanted to see if their was any axiom to these allegations.

Widescreen
2/3/2010, 06:37 PM
OK, well since you assure us...

:D

Ruf/Nek7
2/3/2010, 06:46 PM
youre ***-ured!

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 06:55 PM
i understand, but i can assure im not one of those "doofuses"! just wanted to see if their was any axiom to these allegations.

Yes, here's an axiom to the allegations:

"Don't believe things aggies post on the internet."

Ruf/Nek7
2/3/2010, 07:01 PM
Brent Venables is currently under NCAA investigation due to recruiting infractions regarding Dallas Skyline linebacker Corey Nelson. Venables allegedly arranged for Nelson to receive $40,000 cash upon signing with the University of Oklahoma.<ref>{{cite web | url=http://
texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1573218&forum_id=5 | publisher=
TexAgs.com | accessdate=2010-01-03 | title=Now THIS is funny... }}</ref>
Answer!

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 07:21 PM
aggies are convinced (like UT) everyone but them cheats because they are so awesome.

hating on Venables but say what you want about BV he's coached real studs at LB. ATM has been dogpoo on D for a decade. they just hired Air Force's DC after outing Joe Kines who was kind of great at Alabama. after the Carl Torbush and Gary Darnell eras under Fran. please. the wrecking crew is about as contemporary as a Shaggy hit song. i'd lay the points and take Shaggy or that awesome No Doubt pretend ska/punk song.

sooner518
2/3/2010, 07:35 PM
in reading texags, there are all kinds of posts regarding us as being "dirty" and "cheating" to get Nelson. i know that logic is in short supply over there right now, but it just seems really strange to throw out wild accusations like this simply because a kid changed his mind. what do they think happenned? BV showed up to his door with a briefcase full of cash?

all kinds of really classy comments from over there such as this nugget:

nice braces you lying POS. i hope you tear your ACL and have to work a normal 9-5 for the rest of your life like everyone else.

Octavian
2/3/2010, 09:12 PM
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6935/10376500sq.gif (http://img524.imageshack.us/i/10376500sq.gif/)

Rocko
2/3/2010, 11:45 PM
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1572564&page=1&forum_id=5

A particularly humorous thread. I'm mainly referring to the post between "BitterOldMan" and "Face".

Oh, and did anyone else notice that every recruit that didn't end up at a&m seems to have character issues or the sudden lack of quality a&m is looking for in a football player?

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2010, 11:47 PM

picasso
2/4/2010, 12:19 AM

A particularly humorous thread. I'm mainly referring to the post between "BitterOldMan" and "Face".

Oh, and did anyone else notice that every recruit that didn't end up at a&m seems to have character issues or the sudden lack of quality a&m is looking for in a football player?

Pierre Brown.

Curly Bill
2/4/2010, 12:20 AM
I got a buddy that's an Aggot alumni. What a joy to ask him after lunch today: what happened to your boy Nelson?

Awwww, good times. :D

Collier11
2/4/2010, 04:38 AM

Here is a clue for you, dont believe everything you read

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/4/2010, 04:40 AM

"Son, we live in a world that has message boards. And those boards have to be guarded by men with grievances towards HS football players. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Bitter Old Man? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the linebacking corps and you curse Brent Venables. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Nelson's flip-flopping, while tragic, probably saved wins. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves wins...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on this board. You need me on this board.
We use words like verbal, commitment, LOI...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent recruiting something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very football I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a premium Liucci subscription and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"

great stuff, maynard! :D

Collier11
2/4/2010, 04:40 AM

Thats good stuff, nice find

soonerloyal
2/5/2010, 09:47 AM
A friendly letter to Corey Nelson
By: David Harris
Posted: 2/4/10

Dear Corey Nelson,

Let me speak for my fellow Aggies in saying "thank you."

Thank you for leading us on now for months. I mean, we knew all along that you were just playing hard to get with your one true love, Bob Stoops and Oklahoma.

We all really appreciate you showering us with comments such as "I'm Mr. Aggie" and "I'm through with recruiting and will remain at A&M" all the way up to the 11th hour before jilting us at the altar. I promise you; it made us feel wanted and all warm inside.

We're sincerely grateful that you allowed us to rekindle thoughts and memories of the old Wrecking Crew and the linebacker greats who previously wore maroon before you gave us a collective kick to the groin. Granted, it stung for a while, but the trip down memory lane more than made up for the pain.

I've got to give you credit, kid. Your ability to fabricate the truth is almost more impressive than your ability on the field. Seriously, Corey, you looked Coach Mike Sherman, a straight-shooting guy, in the eye for months and months and still managed to stab him in the back. Impressive, impressive stuff, I must say.

And … now I'm going to stop being cynical. After being pampered like a newborn child for the last year of your life, I think it's time for you to hear the cold-hard truth.

Commitment, by definition, Corey, means "an obligation or promise." Hmm, "promise." "Obligation." Apparently, that means nothing to you, does it?

For the last few months, Sherman and staff allowed you to go on visits to schools around the country because you were "committed" to them. You just wanted the experience of seeing the country, right?

To make matters worse, you decided to wait until the last minute to announce your decision so that you could get a little media attention; hence A&M didn't have time to fill your scholarship spot.

Instead of going out and selling the program to other linebackers, the staff sat back and actually took you and your commitment seriously. Instead of addressing a major position of need, the team believed you when you continued to steadfastly assure them that you were, in fact, coming to Aggieland.

And, with your decision, you left them with one linebacker in the 2010 class as they are in the midst of transitioning to a 3-4 defense, which, surprise, hinges on solid linebacker play.

Sherman was honest and respectful with you through the entire process because that's the kind of guy he is. You responded by showing him and this University zero respect. It truly is pathetic.

Now, you get to be the 2010 poster boy for all that is wrong with college football recruiting. A flawed process involving spoiled, indecisive 18-year-olds. Congrats.

Ya know, on second thought, maybe "Zero U" is the perfect place for you, Corey. It seems like the perfect summation of the amount of class and character you've shown yourself to possess.

So, good riddance and thanks for nothing. We'll see you at Kyle Field come November.

Sincerely,

Texas A&M University

David Harris is a junior economics major and is sports editor for
TheBAT.com

Posted: 2/5/10
Dear David Harris,

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

The Rest of College Football

NOVSooner
2/5/2010, 10:09 AM
i hope that article pisses nelson off as much as it did me

gaylordfan1
2/5/2010, 10:11 AM
Wow, that man isn't bitter!

gaylordfan1
2/5/2010, 10:12 AM
Isn't that why you always have a back-up recruit in cases such as this?

47straight
2/5/2010, 11:54 AM
How can they gripe this much when they've been able to swipe recruits from us?

It must be nice to live an unexamined life.

Salt City Sooner
2/5/2010, 12:07 PM
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//2004/SG_2.18.jpg

You could take out the names Corey Nelson & Mike Sherman, substitute them with Pierre Brown & Bob Stoops, & write the exact same article if you also threw in Brown's little hat stunt to boot. Get over it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/5/2010, 12:38 PM
the funny thing is there are posters over there that are sending these guys hatemail through facebook. and they think its funny.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 12:49 PM
I like the part of being "allowed" to make other visits by Sherman.....