PDA

View Full Version : Bradford to the Redskins?

Collier11
1/28/2010, 03:05 AM
If they dont pick him at #4 and he isnt picked before that, how far will he drop?

Here is the rest of the 1st rd...

# Kansas City (4-12)-Cassel
# Seattle (5-11)-maybe
# Cleveland (5-11)- with Anderson and Quinn I have to think no
# Oakland (5-11)-apparently Al Davis likes Jamarcus still, doubtful
# Buffalo (6-10)- possible
# Jacksonville^ (7-9)- doubtful
# Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9)- doubtful but maybe
# Miami (7-9)- doubtful
# San Francisco (8-8)- doubtful but maybe
# Seattle - from Denver (8-8)- I think here is a possibility
# New York Giants (8-8)- no
# Tennessee^ (8-8)- no
# San Francisco - from Carolina^ (8-8)- doubtful but maybe
# Pittsburgh (9-7)- no
# Atlanta^ (9-7)- no
# Houston^ (9-7)- no
# Cincinnati* (10-6)- no
# New England* (10-6)- no
# Green Bay* (11-5)- no
# Philadelphia* (11-5)- no
# Baltimore* (9-7)- no
# Arizona* (10-6)- possible if Warner retires
# Dallas* (11-5)- no
# San Diego* (13-3)- no
# New York Jets* (9-7)- no
# Minnesota* (12-4)- if he is here they should draft him but I doubt it
# New Orleans* (13-3)- no
# Indianapolis* (14-2) - no

Collier11
1/28/2010, 03:07 AM
Based off of that I think his best chances are 9 to buffalo, 11 to denver, 13 to san fran or 14 to seattle, whatya think?

GKeeper316
1/28/2010, 03:31 AM
hmmmm what does seattle need?

misplacedsooner
1/28/2010, 03:33 AM
heard a rumor that buffalo may go after vick and if favre retires minny may try for mcnabb.

Collier11
1/28/2010, 03:33 AM
Everything but Hassleback is getting older

Collier11
1/28/2010, 03:34 AM
heard a rumor that buffalo may go after vick and if favre retires minny may try for mcnabb.

Yea I heard those as well, the Eagles drafted Kolb to eventually replace Mcnabb so you would have to assume they will stick with him for now

Leroy Lizard
1/28/2010, 03:37 AM
I found out that a large number of NFL players have been twittering each other for the last week, wondering whether I will be picked to serve on the Computational Mathematics in Education Committee. Some have me projected as a first round pick; others think that I may have to sign onto the practice squad and wait for one of the veterans to croak.

GKeeper316
1/28/2010, 03:37 AM
just looked at seattle. they could use a franchise qb right now. hasselback's about done at 34 years old. probably 1-2 seasons left. his back up is seneca wallace. was considered a dual threat qb in college, till he ran into an OU defense, that is. havnt seen much of him in the league tho. id still take sam there if he was available.

they dont get a lot of production at TE either. starting TE had 7 tds all last year. could we possibly see a scenario where bradford and gresham go to the same team?

the planets align and world peace could happen too, right?

Collier11
1/28/2010, 03:43 AM
I hear the Pats really want Gresham but I dont know how true that is, The Pats needs help on D so who knows. 7Tds for a TE isnt horrible really

GKeeper316
1/28/2010, 03:54 AM
7Tds for a TE isnt horrible really

second round guy out of ND.

i just hope the nfl scouts arent looking at gresham as a traditional TE. from his stats it looks like all seattle uses carlson for is blocking and short yardage stuff when they get down.

just sayin it could happen.

any team will be lucky to get gresham tho. i think hes the best player in the draft in all honesty. a guy with his size and speed and what he can bring to an offense is really a rarity.

Collier11
1/28/2010, 03:55 AM
Gresham is a Gates type TE IMO

JLEW1818
1/28/2010, 07:17 AM
Bradford going to the skins! called it months ago!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/28/2010, 09:29 AM
Vick doesn't fit with what Chan Gailey wants to do on O for Buffalo..

Washington, Seattle, and Buffalo are all likely suiters....But its possible the first qb taken will not go off the board til late in the 1st or early 2nd..

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 09:55 AM
Seattle would be a great fit. He wouldn't even have to start the first year or two because Hassleback is still adequate enough. They can start building a team around Sam and he won't have to take all the punishment while they are in a rebuilding process, and Hassleback has been a good QB for about 10 years in this league. He can teach him things for a year or two. Seattle needs just about everything though.

ouleaf
1/28/2010, 09:58 AM
Assuming there is nothing to worry about shoulder-wise, the Skins should take him. If not, I think Seattle or Denver would be great places for him to land. Hasselbeck can't stay healthy, partly due to a crappy o-line.

As for Denver, I think he would like living there. It's still pretty close to home, and he could easily take over the starting job in a couple years. Kyle Orton is by no means a franchise QB.

SoCal
1/28/2010, 10:12 AM

NFL Mock Draft 1/21/2010
By Jeremy Heneghan - January 21, 2010 | Email the author 1. St. Louis Rams Ndumakong Suh DT, Nebraska
All of the talk so far has been that the Rams will take Suh. But I have to wonder if Clausen is a better option. He’s been in a pro style offense and the Rams desperately need a franchise QB. But is Clausen a franchise QB? He had a great junior year, but for now the pick is Suh. I would think that we’ll hear Clausen’s name come up more and more as time progresses. Suh is the top prospect in this year’s class as of now…but it’s still early.

2. Detroit Lions Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma State
The Lions have a good start to their rebuilding, but they need to keep Stafford on his feet. He got injured three times and he’s too important to their franchise to become injury prone. Okung is the best tackle in this year’s draft and he’ll be able to start from day one. There’s a very good chance they’ll take Gerald McCoy instead. We’ll be watching Okung’s and McCoy’s stocks to determine who the Lions could be taking.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Gerald McCoy DT, Oklahoma
The Bucs should be able to choose between safety Eric Berry and McCoy here. Either pick would help their struggling defense. McCoy isn’t too far behind Suh in terms of value. McCoy can play tackle in a 4-3 or move out to an end position for a team sporting the 3-4. He has a nonstop motor and plays just about every play.

4. Washington Redskins Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame
Clausen had a great junior campaign (28 TDs, only 4 picks). He’s from a pro style offense, has a strong arm, is accurate, and played out the rest of the season with that injured foot. The Redskins GM Bruce Allen is smart and with new coach Mike Shanahan. New GM, new coach, and a new quarterback. Jason Campbell could still be on the team because he’s a restricted free agent, but who knows? He could be traded or just outright released.

5. Kansas City Chiefs Eric Berry S, Tennessee
I think Berry is the third best prospect this year, behind Suh and McCoy. Bernard Pollard was a huge mistake to let go. So they make up for that mistake somewhat here. Berry could go higher, but safeties don’t have high positional value. I’ve read multiple sources stating that Berry is in the mold of Ed Reed, so that’ll obviously make him highly regarded in addition to all of his other accolades.

6. Seattle Seahawks Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma
Seattle will be looking for a future QB in this draft since Hasselbeck is steeply declining. Bradford is deadly accurate, but questions about his arm strength, especially after shoulder surgery, have been raised. Pete Carroll is in dire need of help on offense. They could also use a franchise left tackle or running back with their top picks. The Seahawks have a wide range of players to choose from here that could help them immediately.

KantoSooner
1/28/2010, 10:36 AM
Question for the cognoscenti: Comparing first through fifth rounds, what ballpark $contract$ amounts are you thinking will be market value this year? I'm curioius as to what the drop off would be between the different rounds. No reason, really, just curious. Thanks in advance.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/28/2010, 11:04 AM
The important difference you'll see is not so much the contract dollar amount but the guaranteed money part...

There is such a big drop off in the 1st round that a round by round comparison isnt good because guys in the top 10 can make as much as triple the guys in the middle 10

let me give you some numbers

Last year's first pick over 41 million guaranteed
7th pick 23.5 million guaranteed
13th pick 13 million guaranteed
20th pick 9 million and change guaranteed
32nd pick 6 million guaranteed

Stafford's contract -6 years and a max of 72 million total
Andre Smith(6th)- 6 years and 42 million max
Orakpo (13th)- 5 years and a max of 20
Ziggy Hood(32)- 5 years and 11 million

LeSean McCoy a 2nd round pick got 1.4 million guaranteed
and signed a 4 year 3.47 million

Juaquin Iglesisas, 3rd round
signed a 4 year 2.20 million but just a signing bonus

Nic Harris in the 5th round was 4 year, 1.94 million and a signing bonus

soonerfan28
1/28/2010, 11:04 AM
I know this was the last year of Campbells contract but I thing Shanahan will give him at least 1 year to prove himself. I don't know that Campbell would go for that. I think Favre was guaranteed $12 milllion the 1st year and $13 million the second year so he could stay. They had a bunch of turnover (5?) and still should have won the NFC championship. He did get hit a bunch in that game so that could help persuade him to retire but I think he's coming back.
I would like to see Bradford go to Seattle. They drafted Deon Butler and Cameron Morrah so Bradford would have some young targets to throw to which could also be said about Washington and Carroll is a pretty good coach. I think he takes Bradford and Shanahan takes Eric Berry or Russell Okung. Jmo

KantoSooner
1/28/2010, 11:25 AM
STEP, that is exactly the sort of thing I wanted. Thanks

sooner518
1/28/2010, 11:53 AM
Jimmy Clausen's "accuracy" seemed to be throwing the ball 80 feet up in the air and letting Golden Tate go get it. Josh Fields moonballs come to mind...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/28/2010, 11:58 AM
Vick doesn't fit with what Chan Gailey wants to do on O for Buffalo..

Washington, Seattle, and Buffalo are all likely suiters....But its possible the first qb taken will not go off the board til late in the 1st or early 2nd..

yeah right, i'll believe that when i see it. every year teams talk tough until they get to the combine and then those QBs start creeping back up the draft order.

unless carroll does something stupid, the only way he doesn't take bradford at 6 is if one of the DTs or OTs are still on the board.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/28/2010, 12:00 PM
If it was possible any year, it would be this one..not saying likely...its got a dumb and dumber chance

bweezie
1/28/2010, 12:02 PM

to relocate to okc :D

SoonerKnight
1/28/2010, 04:27 PM
hahaha!!!! Seahawks=OKC Boomers (something like that)

Leroy Lizard
1/28/2010, 04:31 PM
Oklahoma City Creekhawks.

cvsooner
1/28/2010, 04:40 PM
Bradford? Coached by Pete Carroll? Blasphemy...say it ain't so.

swardboy
1/28/2010, 04:44 PM
The Oklahoma Herefords!!!

<duck>

silverwheels
1/28/2010, 06:26 PM
Bradford going to the skins! called it months ago!

A lot of people did...

Sco
1/29/2010, 12:36 AM
Bradford's obviously not concerned about the cash, and any of those jobs is a lot better than the 2009 Detroit job.

Glad to see it.

JLEW1818
1/29/2010, 12:42 AM
yah. he will still be a millionaire

I mean, the skins ranked 10th in the NFL in Defense. YPG

They ranked 16th in rushing offense.

that is not bad at all. in a hard division. but with the right qb things can happen

misplacedsooner
1/29/2010, 01:22 AM
im really hoping he doesnt go to the 4 skins.

olevetonahill
1/29/2010, 02:20 AM
im really hoping he doesnt go to the 4 skins.

Im gonna hope and pray he dont go to Seattle.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/29/2010, 05:25 AM
i think that shanny and bradford would be a great match myself. don't see how they will pass on him there if he's still not drafted.

mOUse
1/29/2010, 10:53 AM
Redskins need OL and RB's before they need to change thier QB.
Seattle needs EVERYTHING including QB (Hasselback is OLD, for his health I hope they start with OL).

When you look at Buffalo, they are one or two players away for the defense, have the RB's and even some decent WR's. Unfortunately, I think Sam fits in nicely at Buffalo. Yikes! Cold, small market. And! that would mean Sam would fall to the middle of the first round, unless they feel compelled to trade up which i dont think is likely. They won't risk the trades to move up for a QB coming off a shoulder injury. If they move up, it'll be to get Claussen instead.

Also, I think Oakland is ready to let go. Even though they used a 1st rounder on him, Russel has got to go! Good recievers, a great tandem of RB's, great secondary...They are literally a QB away from being a contender. I just wonder if THEY TOO will move up to get Claussen because they need an OL or two as well and he has less of a health question(Predicting the QB will still be hit alot).

I think its between 5 teams:
Most likely: Oakland (Davis will take the risk based on potential)
Then: Buffalo
3rd: Seattle
4th: Washington with the 2nd first rnd pick
5th: My bonus play...We've likely never seen or will see it this year either, a potential top 10 draft pick falling to the late 1st round...tooooo...
Minnesota! That WOULD BE AWESOME!

OK...Putting down the bottle & pipe now. :eddie:

stoops the eternal pimp
1/29/2010, 11:08 AM
Russell- six-year, $61 million contract $32 million guaranteed, including all six years' base salaries....

I'm pretty sure they are not gonna invest another 50 million and 20-30 guaranteed in another QB right now

Clever Trevor
1/29/2010, 01:27 PM
I still think it's the 'skins. No way the raiders take Sam. Shanahan will want a qb that resembles Elway more than Plummer.
Campbell=Plummer, so take that fwiw.

soonerboomer93
1/29/2010, 08:07 PM
I'll just hope that somehow Denver manages to land him

GKeeper316
1/30/2010, 12:42 AM
I'll just hope that somehow Denver manages to land him

sam wearing orange?

i hope not.

Crucifax Autumn
1/30/2010, 01:24 AM
It's times like this that I wish I hadn't grown to despise the NFL. So many Sooners gonna be playing in the league and all I can think is "I sure wish there was a team that wasn't mainly prima donna crybabies that like their fame more than the game and have no allegiance to the fans or their teammates.

Crucifax Autumn
1/30/2010, 01:25 AM
sam wearing orange?

i hope not.

The poor guy would have to be able to complete passes while puking through his facemask if he was force to wear that sinful color. :D

misplacedsooner
1/30/2010, 01:29 AM
become a lions fan like me, you will learn humility quickly.

Crucifax Autumn
1/30/2010, 01:58 AM
I was a bit of a Lions fan from the time Billy was there through about 1990, so I know! In all my years of watching the NFL before I finally got fed up I had about 6 teams I was either a fan of the entire time or for a good part of the time and not one team of which I was an actual fan made it to the Super Bowl. Remember the Oilers' historic clusterfock of a second half collapse against the Bills in the AFC championship game? Yeah...I was a huge fan and had been to several games that year. That's the closest anyone I liked got and even with such great success as they had that year until that point all anyone remembers is that secon half. That's a microcosm of my NFL fan days...

*groan*
*heavy sigh*
**** me running!

Curly Bill
1/30/2010, 02:09 PM
Yup, NFL sucks!

WA. Sooner
1/31/2010, 11:42 AM
I hope he goes to Seattle!

WA. Sooner
1/31/2010, 11:43 AM
Then Gresham with their 2nd first round

Clever Trevor
2/2/2010, 03:54 PM
I was a bit of a Lions fan from the time Billy was there through about 1990, so I know! In all my years of watching the NFL before I finally got fed up I had about 6 teams I was either a fan of the entire time or for a good part of the time and not one team of which I was an actual fan made it to the Super Bowl. Remember the Oilers' historic clusterfock of a second half collapse against the Bills in the AFC championship game? Yeah...I was a huge fan and had been to several games that year. That's the closest anyone I liked got and even with such great success as they had that year until that point all anyone remembers is that secon half. That's a microcosm of my NFL fan days...

*groan*
*heavy sigh*
**** me running!

Thanks for reminding me of that Bills game. Guh! I was an Oilers fan from the time of Pastorini, Earl, White Shoes, Bingham, Brazile etc. I remember watching the first half of that game at Hobby airport- got on the plane with Houston way up... only to get off the plane and the bills were down by a td! Jeebus that sucked.