PDA

View Full Version : We Must Be Doing Something Right in Iraq

Crucifax Autumn
1/28/2010, 02:22 AM
They has teh metal now! http://www.htloz.net/forums/images/smilies/awesome/headbang.gif

bXxt3SiGvTg

Iraqi heavy metal band ACRASSICAUDA made its U.S. live debut on January 21, 2010 at Brooklyn, New York metal dive bar The Charleston. The group played a 45-minute set in front of friends and family, including TESTAMENT guitarist Alex Skolnick, who produced ACRASSICAUDA's upcoming EP.

Check out photos of the performance at Viceland.com.

ACRASSICAUDA's debut EP, "Only The Dead See The End Of The War", will be released on March 9, 2010 via VICE Records. Recorded in 2009 following the band's final relocation to the U.S., the CD was produced by Skolnick and mixed by engineer Josh Wilbur (LAMB OF GOD, HATEBREED, SYSTEM OF A DOWN). The four-song debut "explodes with ferocious war metal," according to a press release.

For the past six years, VICE has documented the story of ACRASSICAUDA in its struggle to stay alive and continue the group while enduring the disintegration of its own country throughout the war.

Also in stores now is the inspirational book "Heavy Metal in Baghdad: The Story of Acrassicauda" (VICE/MTV Books). Expanding on the internationally acclaimed, award-winning VBS.TV/VICE Films documentary produced and directed by Suroosh Alvi and Eddy Moretti, VICE editors Andy Capper and Gabi Sifre extensively cover the history of ACRASSICAUDA, beginning at their youth in Iraq and culminating in their eventual relocation to the U.S. in 2008. Featuring never-before-seen photographs, setlists, posters, and flyers, the book tells the real story of life during wartime in Baghdad.

GKeeper316
1/28/2010, 03:23 AM
not bad actually... as far as metal goes.

Crucifax Autumn
1/28/2010, 03:54 AM
Personally, I think it's average to below average as far as metal goes, but most of my listening is prog metal, so it's obvious I would find this a bit boring and lacking in time changes and so on, but as a social statement and changing viewpoint in one of the last countries to not have a huge metal scene it's interesting and good news.

NormanPride
1/28/2010, 11:17 AM
Oh man, this is classic stuff. I like! Sure, it doesn't have the speed or changes that the new stuff does, but this is the root of metal and is good to hear sometimes.

SteelClip49
1/28/2010, 11:21 AM
anything metal is crap.

Crucifax Autumn
1/28/2010, 11:31 AM
And you are a dick wo never heard Fates Warning or Dream Theater....

I guess you listen to Wham and beat off to Lady Gaga.

SteelClip49
1/29/2010, 01:40 AM
Classic Rock and I do listen to Pop, dance, techno, hip-hop. At least you don't get a headache while listening to Gaga!

King Crimson
1/29/2010, 01:44 AM
pop, dance, and (and!) techno?

wow, wide ranging ways of saying the same thing. you like a good 12 inch?

you don't like Black Sabbath?

SteelClip49
1/29/2010, 01:45 AM
I like Ozzy!

King Crimson
1/29/2010, 01:47 AM
I like Ozzy!

Ozzy mostly sucks on his own. so you like arena rock?

what about Led Zeppelin? trying to give you a chance here?

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 01:51 AM
I get a headache listening to inane pop. Or inane metal. Good metal with quality musicians has never given me a headache.

SteelClip49
1/29/2010, 01:54 AM
I do like Zeppelin...quite frankly the greatest band of them all!