PDA

View Full Version : Ever hear of BIID?

Collier11
1/28/2010, 01:31 AM
I am watching a program that is talking about it on National Geographic, it is basically where a person feels like a particular limb is not part of their body and it actually drives some people to attempt to cut it off themselves. They apparently feel a ton of mental pain by having that limb there, it is being described as a brain malfunction by Doctors and neuroscientists most likely...crazy deal

Crucifax Autumn
1/28/2010, 01:36 AM
That's screwed up, but my first thought was Bite It In the Dong, so I suppose it could be worse.

SunnySooner
1/28/2010, 01:45 AM
I'd like to remove a good chunk of my junk in the trunk, does that count?:D

And yeah, that's crazy. Something else to be grateful I don't have.

SCOUT
1/28/2010, 01:48 AM

Junk in the trunk isn't necessarily bad

Collier11
1/28/2010, 01:49 AM
She likes to move it move it

Crucifax Autumn
1/28/2010, 02:11 AM

Be careful, these perverts will be offering to chew it off. :eek:

King Barry's Back
1/28/2010, 08:59 AM
I saw a show about that years ago. I remember one story was a guy in his sixties -- had been desperate to cut off his leg at the knee his whole adult life. Like forty years, if you can believe it.

He had made several attempts, but the surgeons always managed to reattach the thing. He had spent a lot of time in mental health care, all to no avail.

He was so frustrated, he eventually made an intensive med-school worhty study of human anatomy - well, at least human legs. He knew where the big blood vessels were, etc; so that he could get rid of the thing w/o the bothersome surgeons getting involved.

He would up getting a big bore shotgun, placing the barrel behind his knee, and pulling the trigger.

He stated that he had neve felt better in his whole life. Relaxed, sociable, happy. No psych wards, nothing but peace without that terrible leg.

Would suck to have this. IMHO.

Breadburner
1/28/2010, 09:20 AM

Back that thang upppp......

the_ouskull
1/28/2010, 12:28 PM
I wish Soonerfans had this disorder in regards to some of its less-literate posters...

the_ouskull

Zbird
1/28/2010, 09:04 PM
I am watching a program that is talking about it on National Geographic, it is basically where a person feels like a particular limb is not part of their body and it actually drives some people to attempt to cut it off themselves. They apparently feel a ton of mental pain by having that limb there, it is being described as a brain malfunction by Doctors and neuroscientists most likely...crazy deal

Oh, that explains it..........

Collier11
1/28/2010, 10:45 PM
If you want it explained do some research, im just passing some interesting info

texas bandman
1/28/2010, 11:18 PM
Was that what the guy had in "Evil Dead 2" :D