PDA

View Full Version : If George W. Bush...

ndpruitt03
1/27/2010, 11:37 AM
Got this in an email. Can you say double standard?

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take
Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special
Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a
dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position 32 or more Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America, would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had spent more than all the Presidents combined
since George Washington, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant
and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 10 months -- so you'll have 3 years and 2 months to come up with an answer.

JohnnyMack
1/27/2010, 11:48 AM
Dude, seriously we have enough hyperbolic ******rockets around here without you mucking things up. Go back to saying dumb **** on the football board.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2010, 11:51 AM
Classic.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100119/capt.9131bc77c7534185bdbf267bb4ab8497.obama__vaab1 03.jpg

JohnnyMack
1/27/2010, 11:54 AM
I speak of hyperbolic ******rockets and *poof* one appears.

delhalew
1/27/2010, 11:55 AM
Don't point out peoples hypocrisy. It's too much to ask a person to use thoughts that don't belong to [name idiot on television].

delhalew
1/27/2010, 11:58 AM
Be fair Tuba. Those kids are a tough crowd. If you slip up on the name of Elmo's friend Zoe, you are in big trouble mister. Is he really supposed to remember the words to the Spongebob theme.

Fraggle145
1/27/2010, 12:04 PM
Yay! another circle jerk on the South Oval!! WEEEEE!!!! I wonder who gets to eat the cookie? :confused:

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2010, 12:04 PM
Reminds me of this Onion video about his home teleprompter malfunctioning during dinner.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obamas_home_teleprompter

delhalew
1/27/2010, 12:08 PM
Yay! another circle jerk on the South Oval!! WEEEEE!!!! I wonder who gets to eat the cookie? :confused:

What are talking here? Choc chip? Any pecans? Perhaps a snickerdoodle.

Fraggle145
1/27/2010, 12:09 PM
The black and white cookie.

http://manhattaninfidel.com/__oneclick_uploads/2009/07/blackhandwhite.jpg

delhalew
1/27/2010, 12:12 PM
I don't worship his Barryness=I am a racist=we have to split it because I can't eat the black portion.

Fraggle145
1/27/2010, 12:13 PM
So what you got against the black side of the cookie? I would think a rascist would eat that side first :confused:

delhalew
1/27/2010, 12:15 PM
It might be contagious.

teehee.

ndpruitt03
1/27/2010, 02:44 PM
BTW for those that think I love GWB. I think he was a awful president. Maybe the worst 2 term president in a long time. But Obama in his first year is making W look smart which I didn't think was possible.

SicEmBaylor
1/27/2010, 02:52 PM
So what you got against the black side of the cookie? I would think a rascist would eat that side first :confused:

Chocolate people taste delicious.

Fraggle145
1/27/2010, 04:25 PM
Chocolate people taste delicious.

I'm gonna trust Sic'em on this, he's been a rascist since the confederacy.

Collier11
1/27/2010, 05:26 PM
anymore, presidents just suck in general

badger
1/27/2010, 05:35 PM
I have never liked black jelly beans.

Collier11
1/27/2010, 05:36 PM
RACIST!

Crucifax Autumn
1/27/2010, 07:40 PM
What double standard? Obama's been slammed for all of that stupid **** just like Bush was slammed for all his stupid ****.

SunnySooner
1/27/2010, 09:55 PM
Now Crux, really? I'm a Repub, full disclosure, but I'm not Rush. I can't even imagine the skits on SNL if these had been some of W's flubs. Come on. The media loves BHO, doesn't ruthlessly and repeatedly point out these kinds of things, and his overall image benefits from it. That's not a conserv/lib thing, that's just fact.

StoopTroup
1/27/2010, 09:57 PM
Classic.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100119/capt.9131bc77c7534185bdbf267bb4ab8497.obama__vaab1 03.jpg

It was cool to see Prez Obama spend time giving a speech at nick's Homeroom.

sooneron
1/27/2010, 09:59 PM
Now Crux, really? I'm a Repub, full disclosure, but I'm not Rush. I can't even imagine the skits on SNL if these had been some of W's flubs. Come on. The media loves BHO, doesn't ruthlessly and repeatedly point out these kinds of things, and his overall image benefits from it. That's not a conserv/lib thing, that's just fact.

SNL? srsly? Watch Stewart. He slams him pretty much every time I watch.

StoopTroup
1/27/2010, 10:03 PM

In the first six months or even until now...I believe you were right about the media love....but once some of these people who thought they'd never have to pay taxes or payments on their mortgages and never worry about putting gas in their car realized that just because PBHO was black....he was going to make it so that white people would become slaves for the minorities.

I know that statement might seem racist....but some of the statements made by regular people the first few moments and days after he was elected started a backlash against him.

None of it has been good for our Country either.

StoopTroup
1/27/2010, 10:06 PM
SNL? srsly? Watch Stewart. He slams him pretty much every time I watch.

Lately Jon has really hammered the crap out of not only him....but the Dems too.

delhalew
1/27/2010, 10:10 PM
Lately Jon has really hammered the crap out of not only him....but the Dems too.

I wonder what got into him? Because he is super liberal and for the past two years it showed.

Frozen Sooner
1/27/2010, 10:13 PM
Huh. Apparently nobody watched the SNL skit where they absolutely crushed President Obama on China.

SunnySooner
1/27/2010, 10:19 PM
Ok, I'll take y'all's word for it. I admit I don't watch much news anymore, it's too damn depressing and I have enough to worry about, but it just seems like whenever I do catch something, the lovefest continues. The teleprompter thing particularly stands out to me, because W always caught such hell for not being "articulate". I can only imagine what they would have said about him if he drug prompters everywhere, including pressers. It would have been BRUTAL, yet BHO gets a pass. ~shrug~

delhalew
1/27/2010, 10:30 PM
Ok, I'll take y'all's word for it. I admit I don't watch much news anymore, it's too damn depressing and I have enough to worry about, but it just seems like whenever I do catch something, the lovefest continues. The teleprompter thing particularly stands out to me, because W always caught such hell for not being "articulate". I can only imagine what they would have said about him if he drug prompters everywhere, including pressers. It would have been BRUTAL, yet BHO gets a pass. ~shrug~

Nobody said boo about Obama until everybody started smelling weakness and ineptitude. It is a new development.

King Barry's Back
1/28/2010, 09:10 AM
The black and white cookie.

http://manhattaninfidel.com/__oneclick_uploads/2009/07/blackhandwhite.jpg

Look to the cookie.

King Barry's Back
1/28/2010, 09:18 AM

I spent a lot of time in the Senate when Barak Obama was a Senator, so i got to attend quite a few hearings with Sen Obama.

His performance/behavior/whatever the right word is was completely unremarkable. He would make a bland statement, stammer over a word here and there, and ask some questions that were mostly predictable and uninteresting. He usually had a little trouble getting the questions out, and sometimes they didn't make much sense and he had to rephrase.

He never said or did anything remotely inspiring. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not hammering the guy. That is the typical behavior of Senators, he was really no worse than anybody else.

But I kept hearing about his great reputation as a speaker, and I kept telling people "Where does that come from?" ANd they would swoon with the power of Obama -- how he "moved" them and "inspired" them and that he was "transformational."

I said, "Fine, but I don't get it, I just don't see it."

Now, of course, later on watching him in the campaign, I did see where he looked awful good on TV, and sounded good to listen to -- but I think I saw the real Obama more often than the others.

King Crimson
1/28/2010, 09:37 AM
anyone who is just recently discovering that american politics are a staged drama since "their party" isn't the codpiece anymore....needs to get out more. political parties are not your friend and they aren't your favorite sports team, either.

tidalmouse
1/28/2010, 09:38 AM
Look to the cookie.

Two Flavors living Side by Side. :D

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 09:50 AM
anyone who is just recently discovering that american politics are a staged drama since "their party" isn't the codpiece anymore....needs to get out more. political parties are not your friend and they aren't your favorite sports team, either.

The republican party is irrelevant to me. I'm not a big fan of it.

King Crimson
1/28/2010, 09:57 AM
The republican party is irrelevant to me. I'm not a big fan of it.

that's nice, but the reality is american politics and the kind of liberty Jefferson talks about in your sig would take a big step forward if people stopped rooting for or against the politics of their demographic and dims and pubs and started to notice the similarities rather than differences between, let's say, the last two administrations. because that's what's happening...is the growth and maturation of an governance apparatus that will exist whether Rush Limbaugh or Al Franken or a pint glass is president.

and be able to isolate critical thinking from the bull-**** partisan non-sense when it comes to singular issues whether it's the 2nd amendment, surveillance, or biotech, access to communications, whatever. the world is very complex but the party-line is very simple.

My Opinion Matters
1/28/2010, 10:01 AM
What a great idea for a thread.

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 10:02 AM
The problem is that Obama is the one that basically threw the republican party out from day one. And now he's saying it's their fault that none of his stuff passed.

Crucifax Autumn
1/28/2010, 11:19 AM
Both sides are jackholes...No question. It you believe in fredom you should revolt against them all.

TopDawg
1/28/2010, 12:14 PM
that's nice, but the reality is american politics and the kind of liberty Jefferson talks about in your sig would take a big step forward if people stopped rooting for or against the politics of their demographic and dims and pubs and started to notice the similarities rather than differences between, let's say, the last two administrations. because that's what's happening...is the growth and maturation of an governance apparatus that will exist whether Rush Limbaugh or Al Franken or a pint glass is president.

and be able to isolate critical thinking from the bull-**** partisan non-sense when it comes to singular issues whether it's the 2nd amendment, surveillance, or biotech, access to communications, whatever. the world is very complex but the party-line is very simple.

I find it amusing (or infuriating, depending on my mood) that people complain about partisan politics in D.C. and then they turn around during the State of the Union or the Response and they throw out snide, hyperbolic responses and gripe about the things "the other guy" is saying that they don't agree with.

It sickens me that bi-partisanship is something that people only want when they're not in power. The Democrats cried for it when the Republicans were in power, but the Republicans wouldn't play. Now the Republicans are crying for it since the Democrats are in power, and the Democrats won't play. Rinse. Repeat.

TopDawg
1/28/2010, 12:17 PM
What double standard? Obama's been slammed for all of that stupid **** just like Bush was slammed for all his stupid ****.

When your guy is in power, nobody is positive enough and everybody is too negative.

When the other guy is in power, nobody is negative enough and everybody is too positive.

JohnnyMack
1/28/2010, 12:22 PM

PINT GLASS 2012!!!!!

TopDawg
1/28/2010, 12:25 PM
ndpruitt: if you're really against double standards, I'd suggest you respond to the email by replying to all and asking the sender why he didn't send out these types of emails during the Bush administration with the phrase "If Bill Clinton had..."

Of course, I'm assuming that the person who sent this email didn't send those out. Maybe he did. My experience has been that a lot of people complain about the double standard they observe without realizing that they are perpetuating their own double standard.

OklahomaTuba
1/28/2010, 12:26 PM
So if we just followed the founder of the partisan system we have now, we would be less partisan?????

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 12:33 PM
People were always saying how stupid Bush. was I don't think I remember as many people saying how dumb Clinton was. In fact I think the word to describe him was slick. And same with Obama people talk about how great he is at giving a speech and how he connects with people somehow. That worked on his campaign but since he's come into office he's done a lot of the dumb stuff we've seen from our last president, yet he still has the image of being smarter and a better speaker.

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 12:36 PM
So if we just followed the founder of the partisan system we have now, we would be less partisan?????

I think I'm more in line with Washington on political parties. He basically said that parties distract the politicians from their duties.

OklahomaTuba
1/28/2010, 12:41 PM
I think I'm more in line with Washington on political parties. He basically said that parties distract the politicians from their duties.Yeah, but he didn't really have any political opposition. People regarded him the leader of the nation well past his death.

It wasn't until Adams tried to enact his agenda did Jefferson start throwing him under the bus.

Jefferson was the first partisan we ever had, and perhaps the nastiest.

King Crimson
1/28/2010, 01:04 PM
It wasn't until Adams tried to enact his agenda did Jefferson start throwing him under the bus.

this is an interesting comment: since it was real hot topic among the newly minted "libertarians" to associate themselves "philosophically" with Jefferson a few months ago..... who was the true mind of pure Republicanism (Reagan) while Adams was a tyrant (Obama). Limbaugh did a couple shows on this last summer, casting himself as the TJ figure leading true believers into the desert away from the Obama Babylon.

great stuff Tuba. and you've posted exactly the opposite.

i stand up and clap for your nonsense. it's beautiful. hooray.

TopDawg
1/28/2010, 01:34 PM
People were always saying how stupid Bush. was I don't think I remember as many people saying how dumb Clinton was. In fact I think the word to describe him was slick.

But Republicans called him worse. Democrats called Bush dumb, and Republicans called Clinton dirty or slimy. So you could take that same sort of email, throw in dirty or slimy stuff that Bush did and then ask Republicans if they would've been okay with it if it had been Clinton doing it. But, of course, that email sender probably didn't do that with Bush. Just with Obama.

Double standard decried and achieved.

JohnnyMack
1/28/2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah, but he didn't really have any political opposition. People regarded him the leader of the nation well past his death.

Are you talking about Alexander Hamilton or are you just insane?

Frozen Sooner
1/28/2010, 02:06 PM
I think I've finally figured out why nick zepp annoys people so much.

"Hey, I'm not a Republican. I think they suck. However, I'll just parrot their talking points and inane e-mails in every thread."

At least have the courage to admit your party affiliation.

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 02:23 PM
There's a huge difference between a conservative and a republican. I'm a conservative. There's nothing about republicans in recent years same with democrats.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/28/2010, 02:28 PM
Nick is annoying for many reasons, not the least of which is posting chain e-mails.

However, now that you mention it, he and LAS do seem to have something in common.

Frozen Sooner
1/28/2010, 02:32 PM
There's a huge difference between a conservative and a republican. I'm a conservative.

Given your generally poor record for misusing specific terms in the political and economic context, I'm not really sure you understand what either means. I mean, yeah, you can be a conservative without being a Republican and vice-versa, but parroting Republican talking points doesn't mean you're a conservative.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/28/2010, 02:43 PM
Given your generally poor record for misusing specific terms in the political and economic context, I'm not really sure you understand what either means. I mean, yeah, you can be a conservative without being a Republican and vice-versa, but parroting Republican talking points doesn't mean you're a conservative.IOW, If he was competent, no doubt he would be a socialist,er, ah, progressive?

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 02:47 PM
What republican talking points do I put out there? Most of my points are what independents wanted also and that is why they voted a anti-Obama republican in a state that is 3-1 democrat over republican a couple weeks ago. These politicians have 2+ years of the house and senate and all they've done is spend like crazy and blame it all on Bush.

SicEmBaylor
1/28/2010, 02:48 PM
There's a huge difference between a conservative and a republican. I'm a conservative. There's nothing about republicans in recent years same with democrats.

If you're defending Bush then you're a Republican and not a conservative.

(Generally)

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 02:52 PM

(Generally)

I don't defend Bush he was awful. I even said so the first couple posts in this thread. But you don't hear anyone say these things about how Obama is dumb when he does things like Bush did. All this administration does is blame Bush for an economy they caused by spending all this money the last couple years of his term. They voted for this crap and it's put us in this spot and they still blame Bush for it and take no blame for it. Sorry but Obama is part of the reason for our economic situation also and he can't keep doing the same dumb stuff Bush did and blame it on Bush.

King Crimson
1/28/2010, 02:54 PM

(Generally)

what's funnier is there are these fine philosophical distinctions among the "righties" around coservative and "true Reagan conservative" but anyone doesn't toe the new "libertarian" line is a blank, automatic "liberal". or maybe a socialist who doesn't think a park bench or a water fountain isn't communism or black pantherism?

where were these robust defenders of civil liberties when the Patriot Act and surveillance of US citizens were enacted?

hypocrites, all.

SicEmBaylor
1/28/2010, 02:55 PM
This is somewhat off subject, but since Jefferson was mentioned...

The thing about Jefferson is that, as much as I absolutely the man, most of his political ideas were totally and utterly impossible to implement. A great many of them bordered on the insane. Madison would take some of Jefferson's ideas and try to find a way to implement them in the real-world, but it was far from easy. To borrow an analogy from the time, Madison was the saucer that cooled Jefferson's tea.

I don't see how any American politician could rightly describe himself as Jeffersonian without being insane.

Madison is my favorite Founding Father but Jefferson is a close second.

SicEmBaylor
1/28/2010, 02:58 PM
what's funnier is there are these fine philosophical distinctions among the "righties" around coservative and "true Reagan conservative" but anyone doesn't toe the new "libertarian" line is a blank, automatic "liberal". or maybe a socialist who doesn't thing a park bench isn't communism or black pantherism?

where were these robust defenders of civil liberties when the Patriot Act and surveillance of US citizens were enacted?

hypocrites, all.

They were nowhere to be found on a great many issues during the last decade. This new wave of libertarianism is, in most cases I think, simply a partisan reaction to Obama and not rooted in any real ideological belief.

Frozen Sooner
1/28/2010, 02:58 PM
Not at all. I run into highly-educated Repubicans and conservatives every day. None of them seem to have a problem definitionally with what either term means, nor do any of the conservative-not-Republicans repeat Republican "poor me"ist babble while insisting they're not Republicans.

Frozen Sooner
1/28/2010, 03:00 PM
What republican talking points do I put out there? Most of my points are what independents wanted also and that is why they voted a anti-Obama republican in a state that is 3-1 democrat over republican a couple weeks ago. These politicians have 2+ years of the house and senate and all they've done is spend like crazy and blame it all on Bush.

QED.

King Crimson
1/28/2010, 03:15 PM
They were nowhere to be found on a great many issues during the last decade. This new wave of libertarianism is, in most cases I think, simply a partisan reaction to Obama and not rooted in any real ideological belief.

i totally agree. though i might sub "losing" for "Obama".

i wonder how many of these "libertarians" were all anti-GOP in 02 and 03?

ndpruitt03
1/28/2010, 03:26 PM
QED.

Bush's first term the debt clock rose from 5 trillion to 7.3 trillion in his first team and from 7.3 trillion to 10 trillion in his second term. In Obama's first year the debt went up to 12 trillion. After next year the debt will be right around 14 trillion according to the budget that was recently released. In 8 years under Bush we spent our way to a record 5 trillion dollars in debt in one presidency. In 2 years we'll already have roughly 4 trillion added to our debt. He has 2 years to get 1 trillion dollars to catch what Bush did in 8 years. Obama=Bush on roids.

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 12:02 AM
People were always saying how stupid Bush. was I don't think I remember as many people saying how dumb Clinton was. In fact I think the word to describe him was slick. And same with Obama people talk about how great he is at giving a speech and how he connects with people somehow. That worked on his campaign but since he's come into office he's done a lot of the dumb stuff we've seen from our last president, yet he still has the image of being smarter and a better speaker.

That's because Clinton's problem wasn't being stupid like Bush. Clinton was called Slick Willie, because people considered him devious and a scoundrel and all that. It wasn't a compliment!

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 12:05 AM
I don't defend Bush he was awful. I even said so the first couple posts in this thread. But you don't hear anyone say these things about how Obama is dumb when he does things like Bush did. All this administration does is blame Bush for an economy they caused by spending all this money the last couple years of his term. They voted for this crap and it's put us in this spot and they still blame Bush for it and take no blame for it. Sorry but Obama is part of the reason for our economic situation also and he can't keep doing the same dumb stuff Bush did and blame it on Bush.

And no, they don't call Obama dumb because he's not an idiot either...They call him naive and inexperienced and a host of other terms that address HIS weaknesses.

Collier11
1/29/2010, 12:07 AM
What I find hipocritical Cru is that people called GW dumb because when you put a camera in front of him he couldnt put two sentences together but when you put a camera in front of Obama there are telepromters everywhere

JLEW1818
1/29/2010, 12:08 AM
YES WE CAN!

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 12:10 AM
Dude, I lived in Texas when he was governor. He was dumb.

JLEW1818
1/29/2010, 12:12 AM
Homer Bailey?

Collier11
1/29/2010, 12:13 AM
I find it hard to call someone who led a state, a country, and had a degree from Yale dumb.

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 12:25 AM
I don't. I know plenty of people with degrees who are full on brain damaged stupid and many supremely intelligent people without degrees. Some of each group post here!

Collier11
1/29/2010, 12:28 AM
Im not talking of just the degree

JLEW1818
1/29/2010, 12:31 AM
I'd whack off W before i voted for Obama

and that is not even gay

Collier11
1/29/2010, 12:33 AM
not even

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 12:38 AM
Obama is naive and ignorant...Bush was dumb and easily controlled by Cheney. I'd rather have someone who is neither dumb nor ignorant, but there's no way a person like that is gonna get elected in the era of reality TV and fabricated image.

1/29/2010, 12:41 AM
I find it hard to call someone who led a state, a country, and had a degree from Yale dumb.W's IQ is supposed to be 126 or thereabouts. not like that stupid Dan Quayle(dude couldn't spell potato), with a 142.

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 12:42 AM
As a conservative, I'm sure you are not a huge fan of Bush overall.

Collier11
1/29/2010, 12:44 AM
Im a moderate conservative :D and I liked Bush on a lot of things and thought he made stubborn and avoidable mistakes on some othres

JLEW1818
1/29/2010, 12:45 AM
Obama is naive and ignorant...Bush was dumb and easily controlled by Cheney. I'd rather have someone who is neither dumb nor ignorant, but there's no way a person like that is gonna get elected in the era of reality TV and fabricated image.

a middle man is key... hopefully Obama can come more to the middle. I don't know who would not agree with that.... his 1st year was pretty ****ty... he should not be afraid to say he made a mistake. even tho if he did, fox news would destroy him...

make the Republicans a little bit happy, and he can get somethings passed..

it might be too late tho. he really needs to get more personal with the pubs

but I could be totally wrong.. he literally may not care about 2012.. he might just want to try and be "the guy who tried to change the system" idk

1/29/2010, 12:47 AM
As a conservative, I'm sure you are not a huge fan of Bush overall.Of course not, but at least he halfway took nat. security seriously. The unwillingness to stop illegal immigration and tighten border security, by all the leading politicians of both parties, is baffling.

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 12:53 AM
This is TOO true!

TopDawg
1/29/2010, 03:08 PM
What I find hipocritical Cru is that people called GW dumb because when you put a camera in front of him he couldnt put two sentences together but when you put a camera in front of Obama there are telepromters everywhere

Sounds pretty smart to me.

It's not like every president before Obama had their speeches memorized or spoke from the hip. Right? If they didn't have teleprompters they at least had it written down in paper form.

Collier11
1/29/2010, 04:35 PM
Im talking about those who criticize Bush for messing up his speeches and then give Obama praise for being such a good speaker when he cant even think on his feet.

1/29/2010, 05:42 PM
Im talking about those who criticize Bush for messing up his speeches and then give Obama praise for being such a good speaker when he cant even think on his feet.Neither Bush nor Obama is worth a darn at speaking straight from his own bean. The main difference is that Obama is on teleprompter almost all the time.

Collier11
1/29/2010, 05:45 PM
Thats the point

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 06:10 PM
So Obama has enough sense to cover his dumb *** with a teleprompter and Bush just decided to wave his dumb *** around uncovered like a drunken frat boy mooning chicks in South Padre? I'm with RLIMC on this one...they both don't seem to have much use for their "beans"!

1/29/2010, 08:15 PM
So Obama has enough sense to cover his dumb *** with a teleprompter and Bush just decided to wave his dumb *** around uncovered like a drunken frat boy mooning chicks in South Padre? I'm with RLIMC on this one...they both don't seem to have much use for their "beans"!Extemporaneous speaking is a talent. I don't think either Bush or Obama are stupid. Both are above average intelligence, but not great speakers on their feet. People make too much of it, FWIW. But..what were we talking about, anyway?:D

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2010, 08:16 PM
Who cares? It's threadjack day in Soonerville!

TopDawg
1/31/2010, 09:36 PM
Im talking about those who criticize Bush for messing up his speeches and then give Obama praise for being such a good speaker when he cant even think on his feet.

Are you suggesting that it's ridiculous to praise Obama for being a better speaker than Bush because Obama can't think on his feet? Even if that's the case, those are two different things and one doesn't have a whole lot to do with the other.

If someone wants to criticize Bush for not being able to think on his feet, then it's reasonable for you to object with your opinion that Obama can't either. But if you think it goes like this:

"Bush couldn't deliver a good speech."
"Well, Obama can't think on his feet."
"Well, neither could Bush."

Then it's still Obama: 1, Bush: 0.

All I'm saying is that I don't think it's hypocritical to criticize Bush and praise Obama for their respective ability to deliver a speech. Now it's still early for Obama and he may still end up revealing himself to be a bumbling idiot like Bush before it's all said and done. I'd be interested to see how he'd answer an impromptu question about sovereign nations.

Collier11
1/31/2010, 09:39 PM
Yes, Im saying its rediculous for people who criticized Bush for sounding like a goon and then praising Obama cus he can read off a monitor.

Actually Bush was noted for giving some of the best SOTU speeches, but yes I will concede that while he spoke from the cuff more often, it didnt come out well. Look at Obamas SOTU, it was everywhere, I realize that is up to the speech writers but my gosh

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2010, 09:59 PM
Decided to check this thread out.

Yep. Not missin' much.

Carry on...

Collier11
1/31/2010, 10:01 PM
thanks for not contributing your normal mouth farts

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2010, 10:11 PM
Why bother? You guys have stunk this thread up beyond even my abilities...

Curly Bill
1/31/2010, 10:12 PM
Why bother? You guys have stunk this thread up beyond even my abilities...

pffft...someone is selling themselves short. ;)

Collier11
1/31/2010, 10:14 PM
way short :D

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2010, 10:32 PM
Okay. Fair enough. I probably COULD gay this thread up if I wanted or get someone's head to essplode...but I'm kinda tired of doing that.

As it is, this thread is pretty much a neo-con circle jerk (as usual) based on a flawed argument. Who needs to wade in on another Tuba/RLiMC trumpet stroking?

Not me...

Collier11
1/31/2010, 10:34 PM
Hook/Line/Sinker my friend...

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2010, 10:46 PM
Hook/Line/Sinker my friend...:rolleyes: Oh, yeah...you GOT me.

Crucifax Autumn
2/1/2010, 12:19 AM
Yes, Im saying its rediculous for people who criticized Bush for sounding like a goon and then praising Obama cus he can read off a monitor.

Actually Bush was noted for giving some of the best SOTU speeches, but yes I will concede that while he spoke from the cuff more often, it didnt come out well. Look at Obamas SOTU, it was everywhere, I realize that is up to the speech writers but my gosh

No one should have their speaking skills judged based on the SOTU...By definition it's supposed to be all over the place and that just doesn't make for a good speach no matter who gives it. A SOTU that isn' about everything is missing the point of the stupid thing.

Collier11
2/1/2010, 01:49 AM
Obama jumped around more than Kriss Kross

Collier11
2/1/2010, 01:51 AM
:rolleyes: Oh, yeah...you GOT me.

Thanks Keisha

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2010, 02:21 AM
Thanks Keisha
Nowadays you just say stuff and hope it makes sense, don't you?

Collier11
2/1/2010, 02:23 AM
You are so easy

Collier11
2/1/2010, 02:26 AM
LAS, im back from the bar and have a little gas left in the tank, lets talk bro...what you wanna talk about?

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2010, 03:05 AM
eh...

Collier11
2/1/2010, 03:11 AM
good talk, im going to bed

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2010, 03:35 AM
Nighty night.