PDA

View Full Version : Scouts not impressed with Timmy at Senior Bowl workouts (my title)

Monster Zero
1/26/2010, 01:58 PM
Link:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Tim-Tebow-meets-his-worst-career-fears-in-Senior?urn=ncaaf,215726

ouduckhunter
1/26/2010, 02:07 PM
Good article!

KantoSooner
1/26/2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks! you improved my day. (not made my day, mind you, that would be Timmy's arrest on morals charges.....but a good start).

Widescreen
1/26/2010, 02:38 PM
I'm not a Tebow fan but I've never understood the hate. Actually having your day made by someone else having a moral issue so you can scream "hypocrite"!? Pretty pathetic.

badger
1/26/2010, 02:46 PM
OK... he has an excuse guys - strep throat (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5096&line=166980&spln=1)

Of course, this is nothing compared to dealing with the feminazis protesting Tebow (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/2010/01/26/2010-01-26_womens_groups_protest_tim_tebows_prolife_super_ bowl_ad_for_focus_on_the_family.html). No, I'm not joking.

KantoSooner
1/26/2010, 02:58 PM
I'm not a Tebow fan but I've never understood the hate. Actually having your day made by someone else having a moral issue so you can scream "hypocrite"!? Pretty pathetic.

Sorry to have disappointed you.
And no, it would not be a joy to point out Timmy's hypocracy. It would, however, be a general and particular joy to see the feet of clay crumble. General in that sportswriters and talking heads would need to do the brisk walkaway from their little toy (not that that would trouble most of them in the least, but it would make for years of pleasant ridiculing of their future positions). Particular in that I have lots of family in Florida and I've been forcefed Timmy for many long years now; and that would come to a screeching halt.
Just so's we understand each other.
Yours in hypocracy, junvenility, ill manners and pathos,

XXXOOO

badger
1/26/2010, 03:04 PM
I didn't get sick of him till the championship game a few seasons ago :mad:

Widescreen
1/26/2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry to have disappointed you.
And no, it would not be a joy to point out Timmy's hypocracy. It would, however, be a general and particular joy to see the feet of clay crumble. General in that sportswriters and talking heads would need to do the brisk walkaway from their little toy (not that that would trouble most of them in the least, but it would make for years of pleasant ridiculing of their future positions). Particular in that I have lots of family in Florida and I've been forcefed Timmy for many long years now; and that would come to a screeching halt.
Just so's we understand each other.
Yours in hypocracy, junvenility, ill manners and pathos,

XXXOOO
You said nothing about the media in your initial post, so I'm not sure what other conclusion could be drawn other than pointing and laughing at Tebow. But whatever.

achiro
1/26/2010, 03:12 PM
I am not a Tebow fan at all but wishing for him to fail is pretty pathetic and says a lot about the sad life of the person wishing ill will.

KantoSooner
1/26/2010, 04:00 PM
Oh pshaw. Alighten thine selves!

better pathetic than apathetic or WAIT, that's backwards....um "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are filled...." oh horsefeathers, I forget. Oh well, I'll either fall into an impotent rage at my failure of memory or let it pass and get on with my day.....THAT'S IT.

In the words of Sailor Moon, "Wai, Wai, Happy, Happy"

NormanPride
1/26/2010, 04:00 PM
All the people that claim they have never enjoyed shadenfreude are lying through their teeth. :D

Fraggle145
1/26/2010, 04:36 PM
All the people that claim they have never enjoyed shadenfreude are lying through their teeth. :D

No ****.

I hope Obama fails!! GRAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Oh wait wrong thread. :eek: :O

Widescreen
1/26/2010, 04:51 PM
No ****.

I hope Obama fails!! GRAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Oh wait wrong thread. :eek: :O

Wrong forum too.

soonerhubs
1/26/2010, 06:03 PM
OK... he has an excuse guys - strep throat (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5096&line=166980&spln=1)

Of course, this is nothing compared to dealing with the feminazis protesting Tebow (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/2010/01/26/2010-01-26_womens_groups_protest_tim_tebows_prolife_super_ bowl_ad_for_focus_on_the_family.html). No, I'm not joking.

Oh great! So now the dumb *** is going to spread strep?

Eielson
1/26/2010, 06:32 PM
Don't let Leroy or Jlew see this.

JLEW1818
1/26/2010, 06:34 PM
lol i never said he would be a great NFL player

but he was the best college football player of the decade

badger
1/26/2010, 06:40 PM
Oh great! So now the dumb *** is going to spread strep?

And circumcision.

:les: EWWWWWW! [hairGel]

Rickety_Syd
1/26/2010, 06:52 PM
I never had a problem with Tebow either. All he does is work hard and do things right. I know there some OU fans who enjoyed it immensely when he got knocked out in a game last season, which is sick. I think if Florida hadn't beaten OU, then the hatred wouldn't be so intense.

SoonerLB
1/26/2010, 07:07 PM
The sooner he becomes a nondescript fullback on a list of cut players, the happier I will be. I'm sick of hearing about him or anything to do with him, and my only hope is that he fades away into obscurity, and does so post-haste. I wish him no bodily harm, for I also hope that he takes up residence in the Philippines and snips away at over population for many years to come.

Best wishes Timmah! ;)

Eielson
1/26/2010, 07:20 PM
lol i never said he would be a great NFL player

but he was the best college football player of the decade

Performing drills with fellow South team quarterbacks Zac Robinson of Oklahoma State and Jarrett Brown of West Virginia, Tebow fumbled the ball at least twice while taking snaps under center.

Later in team drills, Tebow fell into his same old habits — holding onto the ball too long, locking onto receivers and throwing wobbly passes.

The scouts noticed.

"He looks like the third QB out there," one NFC South talent evaluator said.

Those aren't just NFL issues.

JLEW1818
1/26/2010, 08:04 PM
QB/player of the college football decade = tim tebow

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/26/2010, 10:03 PM
Oh pshaw. Alighten thine selves!

better pathetic than apathetic or WAIT, that's backwards....um "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are filled...." oh horsefeathers, I forget. Oh well, I'll either fall into an impotent rage at my failure of memory or let it pass and get on with my day.....THAT'S IT.

In the words of Sailor Moon, "Wai, Wai, Happy, Happy"

"...The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming [of Tim Tebow] is at hand..."

--William Butler Yeats, with a tiny edit by me

Leroy Lizard
1/27/2010, 12:38 AM
People have done worse to society than Tebow.

OUDoc
1/27/2010, 09:49 AM
He allowed himself to be promoted to the point of nausea. He gained the exposure and is now a household name. What has he really done? Is he a college graduate yet (I really don't know.)? Has he saved lives? Has he been forced to work 2 jobs to support his family? Has he had any adversity to deal with whatsoever? Outside of football, has he really done anything so outstanding that he deserves all the praise he's gotten? He ate it up. That's ego. I'm tired of his overly dramatized ego being on the TV. He may be a great guy. I'll never know and, because of how he allowed himself to be portrayed in the media, I never want to know. I want him to fall away into obscurity like 99.99% of people and see if he still maintains the squeaky-clean image he and the media so eagerly polished.

Holy ****. Where's the Tylenol?

jkjsooner
1/27/2010, 11:09 AM
I never had a problem with Tebow either. All he does is work hard and do things right. I know there some OU fans who enjoyed it immensely when he got knocked out in a game last season, which is sick. I think if Florida hadn't beaten OU, then the hatred wouldn't be so intense.

That is total B.S. Tim Tebow looked for the spotlight every single chance he got. Whether it was performing a circumcision for the cameras or simply making himself available to be the next golden boy, he gets a lot of criticism from me. He presented himself as a humble man but all of his actions showed otherwise. He was the definition of a media whore.

I know the media played a big role in this but Tebow sure never seemed to shy away from it.

Leroy Lizard
1/27/2010, 11:58 AM
Tebow sounds much like Bosworth. I liked the Boz.

Given the chance, 90% of college football players would have done just exactly what Tebow did. He isn't the first player to bask in his glory.

OUDoc
1/27/2010, 12:46 PM
Tebow sounds much like Bosworth. I liked the Boz.

Given the chance, 90% of college football players would have done just exactly what Tebow did. He isn't the first player to bask in his glory.
Boz never thought he was a "good guy". You (and he) knew it was all about drawing attention to himself. Boz didn't act like something he wasn't, IMO.

Seamus
1/27/2010, 12:59 PM
You said nothing about the media in your initial post, so I'm not sure what other conclusion could be drawn other than pointing and laughing at Tebow. But whatever.

I would counter that unless you've been living under a mile of pre-Cambrian granite the last four years, that point should have been obvious.

Leroy Lizard
1/27/2010, 03:08 PM
Boz never thought he was a "good guy". You (and he) knew it was all about drawing attention to himself. Boz didn't act like something he wasn't, IMO.

Switzer disagrees with you in his book. He said quite clearly that Brian Bosworth and The Boz were two different people. And he said he liked Brian, but not The Boz.

freshchris05
1/27/2010, 03:14 PM
There's Only One

http://www.epk.com/wp-content/uploads/brian_bosworth_1.jpg

TUSooner
1/27/2010, 03:43 PM
That article about the femininst protests could make me start a thread on the SO. I mean, Holy Schite!! Do these women want to encourage people to have abortions !? There is a big difference between discouraging abortion and urging the crimnal prosecution of women who have them. These women sound like anyone who doesn't want to encourage abortions is a "divider" <gasp!>.
Ok. Enough of that.

Leroy Lizard
1/27/2010, 03:56 PM
It's just their opportunity to grab some attention.

Fraggle145
1/27/2010, 03:57 PM
Switzer disagrees with you in his book. He said quite clearly that Brian Bosworth and The Boz were two different people. And he said he liked Brian, but not The Boz.

Um I disagree. Switzer did say they were two people, but he said exactly what OUDoc said, and what "The Boz" would say: that being "The Boz" was all about ego and attention.

Leroy Lizard
1/27/2010, 04:06 PM
Um I disagree. Switzer did say they were two people, but he said exactly what OUDoc said, and what "The Boz" would say: that being "The Boz" was all about ego and attention.

Here is what OUDoc said:

Boz didn't act like something he wasn't, IMO.

Switzer said that the real Brian was nothing like the character "The Boz," which is saying that, when the spotlight shined on him, Brian acted like something he wasn't.

They have different personalities, for sure. Tebow casts himself as a man of great upstanding character. Boz cast himself as a total renegade. Neither of those personas is, or were, necessarily accurate.

Tebow's flaw is not that he is anything but upstanding (he hasn't done much to the contrary), but that he does nothing to diminish the praise people heap on him. He likes his persona (true or not) and is willing to use it to his advantage. People have done far worse.

Fraggle145
1/27/2010, 04:35 PM
Here is what OUDoc said:

Switzer said that the real Brian was nothing like the character "The Boz," which is saying that, when the spotlight shined on him, Brian acted like something he wasn't.

They have different personalities, for sure. Tebow casts himself as a man of great upstanding character. Boz cast himself as a total renegade. Neither of those personas is, or were, necessarily accurate.

Tebow's flaw is not that he is anything but upstanding (he hasn't done much to the contrary), but that he does nothing to diminish the praise people heap on him. He likes his persona (true or not) and is willing to use it to his advantage. People have done far worse.

All I was saying is that Brian admitted that he had two personalities and that he used the Boz to get attention. Which is essentially what OUDoc and Switzer were both asserting. Tim is an upstanding young man, Tim T. Messiah is prideful and ego-driven, which is not typical of someone who is upstanding.

sendbaht
1/27/2010, 06:42 PM
Anybody can have a off day, I've had a few myself.

My Tim will be just fine. He might have played for a team we hate but
I believe he is a good kid. I wish him luck.

ashley
1/27/2010, 09:22 PM
Good kid and great player.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/27/2010, 09:51 PM

Get a room

rawlingsHOH
1/28/2010, 02:32 AM

system guy like alex smith.

good player.

King Barry's Back
1/28/2010, 03:11 AM

Ya think? Really going out on a limb, there.

Course, I STILL hate John Elway, and really for no other reason than a rainy day in Norman.

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2010, 03:51 AM

It is not him that I hate. It is the unjustified media attention he receives.

Collier11
1/28/2010, 03:55 AM
Tebow himself seems like a good enough guy with good morals and all that, I agree with 75 that it is the way the media whores him out that I hate and the way Tebow enjoys it a little too much that I really dislike

starclassic tama
1/28/2010, 02:20 PM
the fact that he is at best the 5th best quarterback prospect but gets talked about 1000x more than the guys that actually have a chance to have a decent career is pretty annoying

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2010, 12:47 PM
the fact that he is at best the 5th best quarterback prospect but gets talked about 1000x more than the guys that actually have a chance to have a decent career is pretty annoying

Great point? Just how much are they talking about a guy like Dan Lefevre?

ashley
1/29/2010, 01:47 PM
Why do some people enjoy bringing down guys that are on top.
I have always wondered what kind of life these people have.

virginiasooner
1/29/2010, 02:21 PM
I am also sick of all the Tebow melodrama. And frankly, there are some things that I just DON'T WANT TO KNOW about football players -- like how many (or how few) women they've slept with. I also DON'T WANT TO KNOW their political leanings -- in the long run it would be divisive to the fan base (I think the superduper bowl commerical is D U M B). I also don't give a flying fart about their religious leanings -- if a football player feels the need to preach every single darned moment it gets real boring. Is that all you can talk about? Seen a good movie? Read some contemporary fiction? How about the theater? If Tebow wants to do missionary work in the Phillipines during the offseason, more power to him. But why does he feel the need to have a film crew follow his every move?