PDA

View Full Version : LOST...Final Season!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Collier11
5/24/2010, 12:22 AM
Well Matthew Fox said he is done with TV

sooner59
5/24/2010, 12:33 AM
I noticed how Jack ended up laying on the rock after coming from the water (from the light) much like MiB in the episode a few weeks ago. Interesting. Apparently Hurley was the "Jacob" for a long while......and Ben was his #2. I think that the people in the Church were the ones that spent the most time in the plot.....why the main characters were there. Walt wasn't there. Maybe he isn't dead yet. And the giant statue (Egyptian?).....from what I have researched, it seems that God represents a sort of "in-between" world that lets people decide their lives and future. Seems fitting.

sooner59
5/24/2010, 12:34 AM
Well Matthew Fox said he is done with TV

I didn't hear that. So he is going for movies now?

Collier11
5/24/2010, 12:39 AM
just movies apparently, I guess he wanted that to be his legacy on TV although money talks so we will see

SoonerJack
5/24/2010, 08:00 AM
Great ending. Enough to wrap things up, but also enough to give you things to think and ponder for a long time.

What I'm going to miss most is what the show represented to my family. It was this common interest that we gathered around each week.

Kinda wish they would have written in a little more Desmond/Penny. That woman's smile is like pie with ice cream.

OhU1
5/24/2010, 09:57 AM
Why didn't Ben accept Hurley's invitation to go inside the church? Did we see enough in that last episode to be able to infer that Ben (the teacher) hooked up with Russo?

I would have liked to see Mr. Eko who was one of the coolest characters on the show.

We saw Ethan briefly in the sideways world but I don't recall seeing "the bearded man".

SoonerAtKU
5/24/2010, 10:21 AM
My take is that Ben wanted to spend a little more time with Alex and Rousseau, so he wasn't quite ready to move on yet.

Collier11
5/24/2010, 11:27 AM
Why didn't Ben accept Hurley's invitation to go inside the church? Did we see enough in that last episode to be able to infer that Ben (the teacher) hooked up with Russo?

I would have liked to see Mr. Eko who was one of the coolest characters on the show.

We saw Ethan briefly in the sideways world but I don't recall seeing "the bearded man".

I dont think Ben was dead yet, he still had things he needed to do before he was ready to move on.

yermom
5/24/2010, 11:28 AM
i was thinking that he kinda knew he didn't belong in the group

Pricetag
5/24/2010, 11:29 AM
I thought at the end when Jack collapsed that he was going to end up in the same place he woke up after the crash.

SoonerStud615
5/24/2010, 11:32 AM

Reports are the they offered the actor a handsome amount for a guest spot in the finale and he wanted 5x that. Really disappointing. Think what the show could've been it he hadn't left 3 years early from his contract!

yermom
5/24/2010, 11:43 AM
I thought at the end when Jack collapsed that he was going to end up in the same place he woke up after the crash.

he did, didn't he?

Collier11
5/24/2010, 11:46 AM

he did, didn't he?

He did

OKLA21FAN
5/24/2010, 11:50 AM
While I think I need to watch it again (pun)

my initial reaction is ......'meh' :pop:

Collier11
5/24/2010, 11:54 AM
I dont see any other way it could have ended and made any sense, I thought it was greatness...To each their own though

Pricetag
5/24/2010, 12:09 PM
he did, didn't he?
Cool--I knew it was close, but I couldn't remember exactly where it was.

OhU1
5/24/2010, 12:22 PM
In typical LOST form - the finale raises more questions than it answers!

yermom
5/24/2010, 12:30 PM
it seems like the role of the island changed every time someone else came along to protect it

i mean Jacob and Smokey's brother didn't have a smoke monster to protect the world from

it also seemed like each time information was lost. she told Jacob to never go down into the heart of the island, but didn't explain anything. Jacob never even told Jack not to go down there

it's like they were all as confused as we were ;)

sooner59
5/24/2010, 12:41 PM
Jacob's mother probably knew the power that existed there (along with the evil that could be unleashed) and chose to let the information die with her. I think she was a smoke monster as well.....how else could she take out an entire village by herself? MiB was the next one. I bet the secret to harnessing that power (smoke monster) was down in the hole.

swardboy
5/24/2010, 07:17 PM
I kept hoping MIB would turn out to be Johnny Cash.

Seriously...As far as I'm concerned, I'll never see the like of "Lost" again on TV. It wasn't about getting every little tidbit answered for me. It was the ride. Great characters/actors. Matthew Fox acted the hell out of it. There should be at least three emmy nominations for actors this year.

Going back to withdrawal....

TopDawg
5/25/2010, 06:28 PM
LOST taught me one thing:

If you can present enough intriguing riddles/questions/mysteries in the first season or two of a series, people will search high and low to find reasons to continue watching (and justifications for having watched) your show no matter how much you muck it up after that first season or two.

Collier11
5/25/2010, 06:37 PM
One thing I was just thinking (this is not at all directed at you TD, I just had my thought close to your post :D) but with my opinion being that it was a very well written and greatly mysterious show, when answers arent handed to viewers on a platter each episode, people get lazy and pissed off. The reason I say that is because all of us know that if the writers answered every single question, those same people would gripe that the answer wasnt good enough or wasnt mysterious enough.

There were some things about the finale I didnt like, some things about season 5 and 6 I didnt like, overall though, I dont know that ive ever seen a better show and im glad that so much was left to interpretation.

sooner59
5/25/2010, 07:43 PM
I thought it was funny that MiB said the knowing Jacob, he thought he would have chose someone different and surprising and that Jack was the obvious choice. I think that was aimed at those saying Jack was the one a long time ago and that it WAS obvious. Heh.

swardboy
5/25/2010, 07:54 PM
Great summary from someone at Bad Robots Production:

http://forum.lostpedia.com/someone-bad-robots-take-finale-t59261.html?amp%3Bamp

yermom
5/25/2010, 08:24 PM
I thought it was funny that MiB said the knowing Jacob, he thought he would have chose someone different and surprising and that Jack was the obvious choice. I think that was aimed at those saying Jack was the one a long time ago and that it WAS obvious. Heh.

i'm pretty sure i nailed this one :D

OUinFLA
5/25/2010, 09:14 PM
i'm pretty sure i nailed this one :D

well, at least you nailed something recently.

yermom
5/26/2010, 03:07 AM
:mad:

:O

soonerhubs
5/26/2010, 09:42 AM
After I rewatch, I feel differently. Good ending to a good show.

OKLA21FAN
5/26/2010, 10:43 AM
Great summary from someone at Bad Robots Production:

http://forum.lostpedia.com/someone-bad-robots-take-finale-t59261.html?amp%3Bamp

there are a couple of flaws in this though. :gary:

tulsaoilerfan
5/26/2010, 08:56 PM
Wasn't Juliet in the church? I don't recall her being in Season 1, but i could be wrong

Collier11
5/26/2010, 09:21 PM
Yea she was in the church

sooner59
5/27/2010, 12:01 AM
There are flaws in it, but with all that was introduced, it would be incredible hard not to stray a little or leave more up to interpretation, or just miss a couple things. But the obsessed fans will always find every detail to exploit. All in all, it was a great show, great ride, great story, great characters, and a great ending. I love the induction of science vs. faith and all that it entails. It makes you think about life in general, not just the show.

SoonerStud615
5/27/2010, 12:42 AM
Yeah, apparently that "Bad Robot" employee was let go three years ago, so take that FWIW.

sooner59
5/27/2010, 03:00 AM
At one point, I believe it, and at another point I question maybe a quarter of it. So I basically am at peace with the ending.

swardboy
5/29/2010, 04:39 PM
How lost should have ended:

http://i.imgur.com/wtzBE.gif

sooner59
5/30/2010, 02:23 AM
LOL! Vincent was dreaming. Classic.

delhalew
5/31/2010, 10:34 AM
I finally caught up. I really liked watching Hurley evolve into a stronger more confident character. I was shocked how accidentally close my theories were to the way they wrapped it up.
I liked the ending. I feel like there was a serious weak spot in the middle of the story. The first couple seasons were so strong. Season fives finally really got me. I felt the last season was really strong. As far as the way it was dragging in season three thru five and a half, I say it was still great and delving into concepts of the space/time continuum is very difficult to keep fluent. Overall, I am very pleased.

Surely one of the best series ever on tv. If HBO had not canceled Carnivale I think that might have beat Lost, but oh well.