PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh, Phil Knight better get the checkbook out

Collier11
1/26/2010, 04:10 AM
Jeremiah Masoli could be in trouble

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/25/masoli-one-of-two-ducks-accused-in-theft/

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 04:29 AM
He woulda got away with it if he hadn't been trying to text as he fled.

Collier11
1/26/2010, 04:39 AM
Well based on his past issues with robberies that were noted in the article, if this is true then he needs to be off the team or out for the year atleast

Leroy Lizard
1/26/2010, 05:32 AM
As noted by our pal SportsByBrooks, this wouldn't be Masoli's first run-in with the law. Back in 2005, the quarterback pleaded guilty to a series of robberies in and around San Mateo, California.

$%@$%^@$!!!!

hgarmorer
1/26/2010, 06:34 AM
He must have gotten the book out pretty quick...

Report: Police say Masoli isn't a suspect
Posted by Keith Arnold on January 25, 2010 8:56 PM ET
This is getting very confusing...

Rumors surfaced this morning that one incredibly high-profile Oregon Duck was accused of robbing a Oregon frat house. This afternoon, the illustrious John Taylor made note of the Oregonian report that pointed to quarterback Jeremiah Masoli and wide receiver Garrett Embry as the key suspects accused by a fraternity member.

Now word comes KMTR in Eugene that Masoli and Embry are not considered suspects in the burglary.

From KMTR:

Eugene police say two University of Oregon football players are NOT considered suspects in a theft case at a fraternity house.

Eugene police told NewsSource 16 Sunday night that Duck quarterback Jeremiah Masoli and wide receiver Garrett Embry were mentioned in a police report on the theft, but they are not considered suspects at this time.

According to police, laptop computers were taken from the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house on 14th and Alder early Sunday morning.

Police did not offer further details Sunday night. EPD spokesperson Melinda Kletzok would not comment on the case Monday.

In this case -- and really, in all cases -- it's safer to let the investigation take its course. But those that were quick to pin this mind-boggling decision on the star quarterback of the Ducks, should wait and see how this all turns out.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/25/report-police-say-masoli-isnt-a-suspect/
======================

So I wonder how much it cost?

KantoSooner
1/26/2010, 09:57 AM
So, I guess the frat guy who initially identified them with a certain level of certainty (and Masoli is not a John Q. Public looking dude) is suffering a loss of confidence in his i.d.
Perhaps his mind has been clouded by thinking about his full ride schollie, brand new corvette and $50/hour no-show part time job.
The beat goes on.
Seriously, folks, this is Oregon we're talking here. Shades of the SouthWest Conference circa 1967.

goingoneight
1/26/2010, 01:03 PM
They have video evidence of Masoli breaking and entering.

The police reviewed the tape off and on for about five minutes then declared Masoli was innocent and proceeded to give him a first down.

PDXsooner
1/26/2010, 01:14 PM
They have video evidence of Masoli breaking and entering.

The police reviewed the tape off and on for about five minutes then declared Masoli was innocent and proceeded to give him a first down.

Ha ha ha good one

ouduckhunter
1/26/2010, 01:57 PM
Book em!

I am particularly enjoying the fact that a frat boy, probably a drunken frat boy, ran them down!!

Quack off Ducks!

Tigeman
1/26/2010, 07:04 PM
Got to love the officer's statement .... hmmm... sounds like the cover-up is already beginning! Oregon back to thieving! (http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2010/01/jeremiah_masoli_garrett_embry.html)

By Lindsay Schnell, Special to The Oregonia...
January 25, 2010, 9:45PM
EUGENE - The Eugene Police Department on Monday confirmed that its officers are investigating an alleged theft, and the student who reported the incident has told The Oregonian that the men he accuses are University of Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli and wide receiver Garrett Embry.

Fraternity member Max Wolfard filed a report with police alleging that the players took two MacBook Pro computers -- one valued by its owner at $2,000, the other by its owner at $1,500 -- and a $900 guitar from the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house at 812 E. 14th Ave. in Eugene early Sunday.

Neither Masoli, 21, nor Embry, 19, has been charged with a crime.

Through athletic department spokesman Dave Williford, Ducks head coach Chip Kelly on Monday said he would have no comment "unless there's further substantiation." The Oregonian went to athletic director Mike Bellotti's house in Eugene late Sunday and, through his wife, Colleen, he declined to comment.

For two days The Oregonian has been unable to reach Masoli or Embry, and messages left with Masoli's mother, Linda, in California have not been returned. Embry's father, Maury, said by phone Sunday night from Roswell, Ga., that he had heard nothing about an alleged theft. Contacted again on Monday he declined to comment on the alleged incident.

Eugene police spokeswoman Melinda Kletzok said on Monday that the department has "no reason to release names of victims or persons of interest or suspects at this time."

She said the case had been assigned that morning to the department's property crimes division. Detective Julie A. Smith, who is overseeing the case, declined to comment.

Four officers respond
The police department's online log shows that four officers responded to a reported theft at the house at 12:48 a.m. Sunday. Officer Rodney Thrower, who took the initial report, was reached on Sunday evening and said, "I'm not comfortable answering that question," when asked if Wolfard had identified Masoli and Embry.

Thrower later called The Oregonian back to say he wouldn't confirm the names of any individuals involved and referred all further questions to Kletzok.

Wolfard, a 20-year-old sophomore from Portland, is adamant he has correctly identified the players, whom he encountered upon entering the house.

"The minute I stepped on the staircase I said to myself, 'Wow, Masoli and Embry are in our house right now," Wolfard told The Oregonian on Sunday afternoon. "Masoli has a very distinctive face, very distinctive facial hair -- not to mention I see him on TV all the time."

Wolfard said he didn't think anything of Masoli and Embry's presence at first given that he'd seen them at the fraternity house before. But when they started to act "suspicious" -- and appeared to be hiding something -- he demanded to know what they were doing, he said. Wolfard said it was then that he noticed Embry was carrying what appeared to be Wolfard's digital projector, which he says is valued at $560.

Wolfard said the two players then ran out the back door. Wolfard said Masoli fled north and Embry cut west toward Alder Street and then ran through alleys as Wolfard chased him. Blocks later, Wolfard says, Embry stopped running, handed him the projector and said, "You've got it back, now you better get out of here."

Wolfard, who said there was no evidence of forced entry at the fraternity house, returned to find his room unlocked and his guitar and computer missing. He then called police.

Max Iantorno, 20, a sophomore and fellow SAE member, arrived at the fraternity house soon afterward to also find the door to his room open and his laptop missing.

Masoli is team's star
As of Monday night, it was unclear whether the players had met with the university or with police.

Masoli was the Ducks' star player and leader last season, in which Oregon won the Pacific-10 Conference title and went to the Rose Bowl for the first time since January 1995. A native of Daly City, Calif., the junior was the second-team all-conference selection at quarterback, throwing for 2,147 yards and 15 touchdowns, as well as rushing for 668 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Embry, a sophomore from Roswell, Ga., caught two passes last season while appearing in 11 games, mostly on special teams.

- Lindsay Schnell, Special to The Oregonian
- Jeff Smith, The Oregonian
- John Hunt and Rachel Bachman of The Oregonian staff contributed to this report.

sooner59
1/26/2010, 08:41 PM
Cam Newton? Is that you?.....

JLEW1818
1/26/2010, 08:43 PM
lol i posted that in the Buckner thread yesterday... them dirty quack attacks!!!

Collier11
1/26/2010, 09:45 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139487

Tigeman
1/26/2010, 10:27 PM
Damn collier... .what the hell were u doing up at 3am when u posted that? Or is my timezone messed up on the board settings? LOL

Collier11
1/26/2010, 11:01 PM
I am off work til next Monday, I am about to start a new gig so In the past 2 weeks I have gone back to the days of college where I stay up til 5am and sleep til noon :D

Tigeman
1/26/2010, 11:17 PM
LMAO.... I wish I could have slept till noon in undergrad! My classes were always 8-ish (Honors Organic at 8am sucks btw). Always scheduled all my classes for Tues and thurs. if I could.... and then partied wed., thurs. night, fri. sat, and give your liver and kidneys a rest sunday and monday! LOL.

sozo
1/26/2010, 11:23 PM
So football games aren't all they steal up there?

Tigeman
1/26/2010, 11:25 PM
Apparently! Which is why I titled the link like I did! LOL

SoonerLB
1/26/2010, 11:54 PM
So football games aren't all they steal up there?

Ooooooh, that stings so good! :D

Collier11
1/26/2010, 11:56 PM
LMAO.... I wish I could have slept till noon in undergrad! My classes were always 8-ish (Honors Organic at 8am sucks btw). Always scheduled all my classes for Tues and thurs. if I could.... and then partied wed., thurs. night, fri. sat, and give your liver and kidneys a rest sunday and monday! LOL.

I never scheduled a class before 11am from my Junior year on

GKeeper316
1/27/2010, 12:32 AM
I never scheduled a class before 11am from my Junior year on

the 3 rules for college...

1) class... nothing before 11.

2) beer. its your best friend, drink a lot of it.

3) if you dont have a car, find someone your first day that does and make friends with em.

Tigeman
1/27/2010, 01:15 AM
LOL... I've never understood #3. I can only think of 2 friends from school that didn't have a car.

As for 1.... screw that... do em early and have the rest of the day to drink! Get em out the way. Only do tues and thurs. classes so that you can have fri. to sleep in.

I guess if you gotta have a M, W, F class, then yeah better not make it before noon!

sooner59
1/27/2010, 01:31 AM
I had Friday 8:30 am class WAY too often. And I couldn't get around it. That was just how classes were scheduled for the ones I needed. The problem was that I was usually still drunk/hungover during that class. I always tried to do what I actually accomplished this year. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday classes.....nothing before 3pm....4 day weekend every week. Its nice.

setem
1/27/2010, 01:47 AM
What if Sam was a thieving bastard?

Collier11
1/27/2010, 01:48 AM
???

NMSooner'80
1/27/2010, 10:29 AM
If Phil Knight has his way, Gordon Riese will probably be leading the investigation. And of course, he won't see a thing, no matter how obvious the evidence would be.

lexsooner
1/27/2010, 10:46 AM
Upon further review, it has been determined Masoli and Embry are the actual owners of the computers, and the SAE house and college newspaper have been shut down for defaming two upstanding student-athletes. Accordingly, the call on the field is reversed so the Oregon football team will come out as a winner.

freshchris05
1/27/2010, 02:23 PM
You have to wonder how that all played out... I'm sure someone is wearing a new pair of nikes

NYHorsepig
1/27/2010, 02:53 PM
Im thinking...if that WR was caught by a Frat boy he cant be all that fast. No wonder he only had 2 receptions last year

gotpoi73
1/27/2010, 04:58 PM
******-tards

gotpoi73
1/27/2010, 04:59 PM
i meant dooooosh-tards

King Barry's Back
1/28/2010, 03:41 AM
Im thinking...if that WR was caught by a Frat boy he cant be all that fast. No wonder he only had 2 receptions last year

Maybe frat boy works out? Or, even, lifts weights?

And to be fair, the WR was carrying a big, heavy projector.

GKeeper316
1/28/2010, 03:43 AM
Maybe frat boy works out? Or, even, lifts weights?

And to be fair, the WR was carrying a big, heavy projector.

or had just got done doing enough coke to kill a horse and had a bit of extra pep in his step.