PDA

View Full Version : RJ Washington & Jermie Calhoun??

Soonermagik
1/25/2010, 02:13 PM
What can we expect from these guys? Both have been in the system awhile and had time to beef up and learn the schemes.

I was looking back through the rivals recruiting classes and both are 5 star players. I know those stars don't always mean anything, but normally 5 star guys are fairly legit.

Does anyone know how these guys are progressing?

NormanPride
1/25/2010, 02:19 PM
We saw Jermie a few times this year. He had fumble issues, but seemed to get the hang of things later in the season. RJ is still young and was behind truly great ends in Alexander, English and Beal. He will be in the rotation this year, I bet.

KantoSooner
1/25/2010, 02:30 PM
Calhoun had fun string going early in the season where he would knock the helmet off a tackler at least once a game.
All good things come to an end, alas; but that's a nice trait in a running back.

JLEW1818
1/25/2010, 03:10 PM
go ahead and add Stephen Good to that

all 2008 recruiting class, all 5star recruits

something big will come from at least 1 of them ... too much talent

Jello Biafra
1/25/2010, 03:48 PM
agreed. these guys are behind some pretty big talent pools. give em some more time.

BoulderSooner79
1/25/2010, 04:27 PM
I don't think Calhoun has had enough carries to label him a fumbler. One fumble I saw, he was carrying the ball properly and the defender happened to get his helmet right on the ball and would have knocked it away from most RBs. He appears to be a rhythm guy and rarely has had enough carries to get into a rhythm - I expect big things this season from him.

SCxxSOONER
1/25/2010, 07:35 PM
I only thought calhoun fumbled once against osu, i thought he looked great, hits the hole like he was shot out of a cannon and punished defenders give him time he.ll be a good one

Curly Bill
1/25/2010, 10:06 PM
My money's on Calhoun out of those three to make it big, I think RJ can as well, Good I'm a little concerned about.

icmwhOU72
1/25/2010, 10:18 PM
I think R J is going to be a super star. i think he give us a pass rush that we havent had in a while. I think there is going to be a bunch of young guys that will just blow up this year. I think dejuan will step up big, ronnell, wort, hurst, macfarland will all have big years as staters. I think that our backfield will have a ton of talent and it will be hard to be the number two guy. I think it is great that we have so much talent at rb that everyone is going to be pushing for that number two spot. may the best man win whether its madu calhoun miller finch or clay.

illinisooner
1/26/2010, 12:38 PM
The thing I dont get about Good is that he was a national power lifting champion (or something like that) in high school, yet he can't run block? I know there's alot of technique and what not involved, but the basic element of run blocking is being stronger than the guy across from you and pushing him back. What gives?

goingoneight
1/26/2010, 12:48 PM
Sometimes it's not just knowing your technique, it's your assignment(s) and your quickness. Time heals these things. Speaking of healing, he also dealt with injuries this year off and on.

Curly Bill
1/26/2010, 01:14 PM
The thing I dont get about Good is that he was a national power lifting champion (or something like that) in high school, yet he can't run block? I know there's alot of technique and what not involved, but the basic element of run blocking is being stronger than the guy across from you and pushing him back. What gives?

Power lifting for developing football players pretty much sucks. Power lifting does not develop the explosion a football player needs.